Feeling flutters! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I tried to post this yesterday and for some reason I was having issues and couldn't get it to post, so anyway!

I felt little flutters yesterday!  I was so excited!  I've felt my other babies for sure by 12 weeks and I'll now be 12 weeks tomorrow.  I was thinking...oh! I just felt the baby!  And my heart jumped!  As the day went on though I was kind of...well....maybe I'm being silly.  Then on another forum a girl with the same due date as me said she felt flutters that day too!  So then I got all excited again!  Another friend IRL with the same dd as me said she felt it too!

So, I thought that was super cool!

Anyone else feeling their little one? 

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#2 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats!!! So exciting.  I think I have been feeling my little one randomly for a couple of days... I am 11 weeks and it is definitely not every day but cool nontheless...

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

#3 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 11:18 AM

Not sure if I am feeling baby or not.  The sensation I do feel is hard to describe -- bits of bubbles moving around -- and this is definitely a new feeling going on down there.

Cannot tell since exactly if this is in my head since this is the first time at this gestation - today 13 weeks 6 days.  At times I think yes, definitely baby and then other times, I think, is it just my digestion.  

(Yesterday while getting dressed was the first time that I realized it will now be hard to hide my bump until April 1 when we tell fam and friends.)

Lovingly married September 2008.  Pregnancy #2 (after 10 cycles) - lethal disorder Acrania detected just before 15 weeks in second ultrasound - no longer expecting 1 September, 2011.  Pregnancy #1 (first try) - MC November 2009 at 9 weeks 
#4 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 PM

I feel back flips at ten weeks. I know that sounds nuts and anyone Ive told has scoffed at me. I also know Ive felt gas when Im not pregnant that felt like a baby kicking but holy cow, this was unmistakable! I haven't felt anything that intense since that night but I feel what I call "activity" at least once a day. I know my colon isn't knocking on the anterior side of my abdomen! Gotta go with your instincts. Whats the harm, right? :-)

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#5 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 01:04 PM

I felt my baby move one time distinctly at 10 wks, 6 days. I had on my seatbelt really low and I was leaning forward in the car. Now I am 13 weeks and I have been feeling the baby move for a few days. love.gif

Dlynn918 likes this.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#6 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM

So exciting!!  Before my last miscarriage I felt the baby move at 12 wks 4days.  Usually it happens the first time when I've been sitting for long periods of time.  I hoping next week during class on Wednesday morning. love.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#7 of 15 Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 PM

Yep, baby felt like it did a backflip for the first time at about 12 weeks...much earlier than ever for me!

#8 of 15 Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 AM

i'm almost 12 weeks, and the last couple days i keep thinking *maybe* i'm feeling baby move, but still at that point where i'm not sure if that's what it is.  i'm hoping so, and it's been really awesome to feel since i've been on bedrest and all worried and stuff.  :)  you're right, it is super cool!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#9 of 15 Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM

I thought I felt something today, but I'm not sure.  My blood sugar went low before lunch and I ate some peppermint candies to shoot it back up quick and then drank a cold glass of milk with lunch and I thought I felt a roll.  Hoping to start feeling something more substantial soon.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#10 of 15 Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 AM

I'm 11 weeks today and have definitely been feeling flutters the past few days!  It's usually about once or twice per day and only if I'm sitting really still.  I felt it this early with my last 3 so I'm pretty sure it's the baby :)

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#11 of 15 Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM

Last night going to bed I was sure I felt some fluttering...very exciting! I hope I feel it again soon...I LOVE feeling baby movements..Makes everything so much more real for me!

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

#12 of 15 Old 03-12-2011, 07:59 AM

We went to see an orchestra do Peter and the Wolf, and I swear I felt baby moving!  I was amazed, because 14 weeks seems so early to be feeling that flicking fish-fin feeling. 

#13 of 15 Old 03-12-2011, 12:38 PM

I felt a definite kick today.  I think I've felt some fluttering, but today was a definite kick.  Can't wait to feel more.

#14 of 15 Old 03-16-2011, 06:29 PM

I started feeling little flutters/taps at about 14 weeks. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and they are definitely getting stronger! More like nudges or tiny teeny punches:) I don't feel them all the time, but I sure look foreward to feeling them! Them make my whole day light up! :)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#15 of 15 Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 PM

I am 15.5 weeks and I am feeling little flutters right now as i am typing! It feels like a bladder muscle twitch or something like that. Im now getting a little worried when the punches have more baby behind them. I feel it ALL the time! At least 5-10 times a day, sometimes more, not really counting at this point. I saw my midwife for a prenatal last week and she could not find the heartbeat but we could hear punches and kicks and all kinds of movement. I guess it didnt want us to listen to its little beating heart! Im not sure if its normal to be this super active so early. My mother in law warned me that my husband was very very active both in the womb and once he was out! I may have my work cut out for me!

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page