Raise your hand if you have turned into the laziest wife and mother ever! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that by 14 weeks I'll have tons of energy and will be cooking and cleaning like a fiend, but right now I am the laziest person ever! Every time I try to clean something I quit half way through and turn on the tv or get online. I keep falling asleep on the couch at 7:30 pm and I take a nap with my dd every day.my house would be a total disaster, but I broke down and hired a cleaning lady. I also haven't been cooking dinner regularly and dh has been ordering food in. Sigh. I feel so guilt for being such a piece of c***. Anyone else?

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#2 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM

Yep, same here but I have an excuse: I've been puking my butt off so I refuse to force myself to exert myself until I'm confident that doing so wont make me feel worse.

Katie ~ Wife to Mr. Perfect and natural mommy to DD1, DS1, DS2, DD2, with Squishy coming in the fall.
#3 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 PM

dizzy.gif Raising hands wildly!!!! SO. I am going on week 13 and feeling much better in the last week than I have since I found out I was pregnant! That being said...I have spent the last several months watching the dog hair pile up, my laundry take on a life of it's own and my once thriving kitchen? Hahahaha. Yeah. Grilled cheese anyone? I so feel your pain. My poor DH. He has been working overtime and always has come home to a warm meal waiting for him on such days. Now he comes home to whatever Ive pulled together and if he wants meat? Forget it! He has to cook it himself or I fear I might never recover! Lol! Some nights if I do manage to cook for everyone it all looks so gross by the time I'm done I end up having yogurt and fruit for dinner. I actually managed to make homemade corn chowder last night but for Mr Mountain man, it was enough without a dead thing on his plate. So after 12 hours of work, he was cooking the chicken himself as I hid on the couch. Bad Bad Wife I am! ROTFLMAO.gifThe good news is, for me at least, is that I do feel better. I can fold a basket of laundry now without needing a nap after! Round of applause! I started prenatal yoga and swimming and that has rejuvenated some of this sloppy, lazy, cotton brain feeling Ive been suffering from. Id like to not be so short of breathe though! Sheesh! Hope that was humorous. Sheepish.gif

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#4 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM

\]This is my first time posting in this forum. I'm 11wks with babe #3 and have become the biggest couch potato!

I came on this forum specifically for this reason. It's starting to make me depressed because I feel like I'm just not taking very good care of my family.

In fact my oldest DD just said to me "Are you ever going to get out of that chair?!?"....ouch!

My nausea has started to ease back some, but I still have been taking a 2 hour nap every day and going to bed at like 8:30 every night. My poor husband has been doing pretty much all of the cooking and cleaning.

I have been trying to tell myself that it is only a little bit longer and I will start to feel better...but man....it's really bringing me down.

\

#5 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM

oh, i could have started this post.  you are not alone!  i spend most of the day on the couch, online or watching tv.  when i'm not working, that is.  and when i am working, i come directly home and do the above until i go to bed.  my kids have been playing alot of video games :(  my house is a disaster--the floor is covered in dog hair, we have no clean laundry, and we eat way too much takeout.  it would be nice if my BF would pick up a bit of the slack, but no such luck.  i'm hoping i get a burst of energy soon!  i've also been on bedrest for a week, and can't lift anything moderately heavy or do too much that is exerting, so that limits me even more.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#6 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma E View Post

\]This is my first time posting in this forum. I'm 11wks with babe #3 and have become the biggest couch potato!

I came on this forum specifically for this reason. It's starting to make me depressed because I feel like I'm just not taking very good care of my family.

In fact my oldest DD just said to me "Are you ever going to get out of that chair?!?"....ouch!

My nausea has started to ease back some, but I still have been taking a 2 hour nap every day and going to bed at like 8:30 every night. My poor husband has been doing pretty much all of the cooking and cleaning.

I have been trying to tell myself that it is only a little bit longer and I will start to feel better...but man....it's really bringing me down.

\

Hugs mama! I know how you feel. I hate being such a couch potato. I don't know how my granny who had 5 children, terrible morning sickness with each, managed a farm with no hot water or electricity, AND worked as a doctor did it. I feel like such a wimp. I am still nursing my toddler several times a night, and I'm taking unisom (a sleeping pill!) to control the puking, but still I wish I was one of those super mom pregnant women who train for triathlons during their first trimester! On the bright side, I know that my energy will pick up next trimester. With my dd, I started nesting around 14 weeks. We had the cleanest house ever! I was like the energizer bunny until I delivered. Here's hoping that happens again!

#7 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Me too. Lazy lazy lazy. I feel all crazy like, too. Like, I have serious cabin fever but can't stand the thought of actually getting everybody ready to go for a walk, and then actually walking more than 20 feet. LOL Every food sounds gross except chicken. Carbs & sugar make me crash so hard! I feel emotional & depressed, and I am SO. UN.movitated. I'm just 10 weeks.

UG. I am so with you all in the Lazy Pregnant Lady Club.

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#8 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post Like, I have serious cabin fever but can't stand the thought of actually getting everybody ready to go for a walk, and then actually walking

more than 20 feet.

YES THIS.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#9 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post

Me too. Lazy lazy lazy. I feel all crazy like, too. Like, I have serious cabin fever but can't stand the thought of actually getting everybody ready to go for a walk, and then actually walking more than 20 feet. LOL Every food sounds gross except chicken. Carbs & sugar make me crash so hard! I feel emotional & depressed, and I am SO. UN.movitated. I'm just 10 weeks.

UG. I am so with you all in the Lazy Pregnant Lady Club.

Hehe.  I actually asked my dh to carry me back home last time we took a walk together.  I had to rest several times before we made it back home.  We didn't walk THAT far!!

Yes, the dog hair and the dishes.  Luckily I have a wonderful MIL who does our laundry for us.  We take it over there, I start it, sometimes I'm there long enough to switch it and then I come back and fold what she hasn't and bring it home.  Sigh....  One less thing I have to worry about and dh has clean underwear.  I love.gif her.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#10 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM

I am sooooo incredibly lazy! I wasnt that great of a housekeeper before I got pregnant so now my house looks like a bomb went off. for the longest 7 weeks of my life all I could do was puke, eat puke again and watch tv... I also had to work but thankfully we had alot of snow days when all my MS peaked.I only do laundry when I am out of work clothes or DH needs underwear and socks. Even then DH usually does it but we use my SIL's washer and dryer and she lives across the street so it is a big adventure for me to truck the laundry over there.I am looking to buy one of our own soon. Thankfully, I am in my 13th week and feeling much better! I scrubbed our bathroom on Thursday night! Huge step for me! I'm glad to be getting some energy back!jumpers.gif

I do feel like the worst wife ever, for weeks my husband has waited on me hand and foot without any kind of payback and I feel awful about it but then I get mad at him when he s frustrated about about taking care of me all the time... gotta love those pg hormones right? UGH!

Wife to DH superhero.gif, Tandem Nursing SAHMfly-by-nursing2.gif to  diaper.gifDS1 9/2011 and babyboy.gif DS2 9/2012

#11 of 21 Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM

soooo lazy here too. i'm not a TV watcher at all, and it's truly all i want to do now. i remember the laziness well from my last pregnancy - it's the only time i've watched American Idol, and i watched every.single.episode. blush.gif i'm controlling myself a bit better this time around since i don't want my toddler addicted to TV/movies...

anyway, i'm 14 weeks and i hope the laziness goes away soon...it sure makes me feel worthless. i realize i should just be zen about it, but it's hard...

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#12 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 03:26 AM

Ditto here, ladies. Here's how it plays out at my house: I grump about getting up in the morning, I never tidy or clean anything anymore, I volunteer to read stories to my son every night so that I can stay sitting after supper (which forces dh to clean up the dishes even if he made the meal) and I am nigh on fast asleep at my desk by 3pm every afternoon at the office. Frankly, I have been wishing I could quit my job because full-time work and a toddler and home and hearth to manage plus first trimester pregnancy seems like way to much to cope with now.

Good thing the first trimester will be over in about 2 weeks!

Also, I won't regret sticking it out at work when I can collect maximum parental leave benefits for the year I'm off work. During my last mat leave, I didn't spend any money for month so when enough money had accumulated, I paid off my student loan and had a huge feeling of satisfaction for that.

#13 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM

Pretty much same thing here. I do not have the energy to think about starting something.

#14 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM

oh yeah- I am so lazy. The 3 days a week that my DH works from 10-3... DD ends up watching WAY too much television because if I try to do much I end up puking. The house is a MESS because I'll start cleaning and sorting and then I get too tired so I have to give up.

M- Wife to E

Mom to K & K

Pregnant with A

#15 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 PM

Me too, me too.  I never watched much TV at all, and since being pregnant have actually reached the amazing low of watching Maury Povitch "Who's the Daddy" paternity test shows, because they're on in the morning when I wake up (at 10).  This is NOT something I normally do, I SWEAR.

I work part time, but when I'm not working, I am a lump of pukey flesh on my couch that can't seem to do anything more than look at the piles of laundry and cat hair.  We got a dishwasher and sometimes I don't even load it.  It's bad.

13.5 weeks.  I've never been the world's best housekeeper/most motivated person, but this will end soon, right????

#16 of 21 Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Ha!  So I'm not the only one neglecting my family and all responsibilities??  The first few weeks of my pregnancy I was working 40+ hours per week and taking 15 credits at school...I left the job and opted for a HUGE pay decrease and far fewer hours (never been happier than with that decision!) because I was just so freaking exhausted.  We've been eating out 4-5 nights per week, clothes get washed but never folded and put away, and the house is a total disaster.  Do I care?  Nah...And my poor child (5) has watched so much TV lately that I swear his brain is rotting as we speak.  Hoping we ALL feel a bit more "normal" soon :)

#17 of 21 Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM

I need to join the Lazy Pregnant Lady club too.  I have been on Spring Break and thrived on doing nothing.  I don't want to go back to work.  Noooo!!!

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
#18 of 21 Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 AM

Ok I am officially out of the first trimester (15 weeks and 2 days) and am happy to report that my energy finally came back last week... I did some serious cleaning. My bedroom I organized and cleaned and got rid of a TON of clothes, and cleaned every other room in the house (except the kitchen.. I still don't want to go in theregreensad.gif). I am also thinking about cooking which is a step in the right direction! eat.gif

So anyway I say this to give those of you who don't feel well some hope.. It actually does pass!!! I was skeptical at first but now I believe! lol

I was on Spring Break this week and am not looking forward to going back to work  but I only have 9 more weeks till school is out so I'm hanging on to that...joy.gif

Wife to DH superhero.gif, Tandem Nursing SAHMfly-by-nursing2.gif to  diaper.gifDS1 9/2011 and babyboy.gif DS2 9/2012

#19 of 21 Old 03-21-2011, 03:14 PM

i just emailed for some quotes on a cleaning service.  i don't know if i should afford it or not, but can you put a price on sanity?  lol

catieface likes this.

#20 of 21 Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 PM

*laughs* I'm still waiting for energy... 13 weeks, 3 days here. I still feel like I'm deeply entrenched in the 1st trimester though I'm almost out of it.

#21 of 21 Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

I actually have a lot more energy today! I'm 14 weeks! Yay! My bedroom is actually clean.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page