So... Im a cashier.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

... and I've been lucky enough to jump over to the vitamin/bodycare section of the store for the last couple months, but now they don't need me anymore, and Im back to the checkstand.  Has anyone every heard anything about dangers of standing in front of one of those scanners all day? Sucks.. they are right at baby level. Thoughts? 

Thank you! 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#2 of 6 Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 AM

Do you think you could talk to your boss about moving to another Dept. for your pregnancy?

Wife to DH superhero.gif, Tandem Nursing SAHMfly-by-nursing2.gif to  diaper.gifDS1 9/2011 and babyboy.gif DS2 9/2012

#3 of 6 Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hmmm.  No, never heard that. It's aimed up at the ceiling, so I don't think it would be an issue. I've seen lots of pregnant cashiers.  Most end up with stools to sit on though.  It's hard on your back to stand so long every day. 

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#4 of 6 Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 AM

I would more worry about touching the receipts with the PBA  on them.  http://www.rodale.com/bpa-receipts  Unless your work at a health store, most have them have moved away from that paper for receipts.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#5 of 6 Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, Im at Whole Foods and I know our receipts are PBA free, so thats a plus.  Im still looking into the whole emf thing from the scanner, but for now Im just training myself to use my left hand to push buttons and then I can stand to the side of the scanner.  Its working out okay.  :) 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2011, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Earthlady- I WISH ours only pointed up, I wouldn't be nearly as worried... ours have two lasers, one that points out and one that points up... they are "advanced"  oh man... sometimes I wish I worked at a less advanced place... thats for sure

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page