Anyone else feel HUGE?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am terrified that I am having twins!  This is my second pregnancy so I know it is normal to get bigger faster but when I look at my belly I just think this is ridiculous.  I am 14 weeks pregnant and look about 6 months pregnant.  Even a Mom at the park who has twins suggested I get an ultrasound or blood work just to check!!!!  Anyone else feel huge and worry about having twins??  Or is this normal?  I will try to post a picture but I don't know how yet. 

Wife to my loving husband, James.  Mother to a beautiful daughter, Jules (8/6/08).  Expecting twin girls September 19th, Jade and Jemma.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think it's normal.  I've had SO many people tell me I must be having twins.  It's rather annoying honestly and I feel like some people get some weird evil joy out of freaking out moms to be.  I had a viability u/s at 9 weeks and there is definately only 1 baby in there, yet people still have said things like, "maybe the other one was hiding" or "are you sURE?" 

MOST of the time, a good mw would be able to tell by the height of your uterus if you were abnormally large and potentially carrying multiples.  If you are measuring more than a couple of weeks off, then I'd maybe get an u/s confirmation.

And yeah, I'm huge!  This is my 4th kid and I started looking pg at 8 weeks.  But I have to actually be wearing maternity clothes or else I just look like I have a fat belly.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 03-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

And yeah, I'm huge!  This is my 4th kid and I started looking pg at 8 weeks.  But I have to actually be wearing maternity clothes or else I just look like I have a fat belly.

This is my fourth pregnancy, and yeah, i swear i started looking pregnant the day after the positive test.  i've always shown early, and i'm always quite big.  that's just how i do pregnant, i guess.  :)  but the comments do get annoying.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM

I am also huge, third pg, and a few people have been really surprised when I told them I'm not due til September. lol.gif

But I have had a u/s and there is only one baby in there. winky.gif

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance ladies!!!  My midwife did measure my uterus at 12 weeks and said it was measuring normal but she still seemed kind of iffy.  I guess we will have to see at the next appointment and hope I am still measuring normal:)  I just feel soooo big ... I have a girlfriend who is 3 weeks ahead of me and doesn't even look pregnant yet ... oh well I guess all I can do is wait it out and see what happens.

Wife to my loving husband, James.  Mother to a beautiful daughter, Jules (8/6/08).  Expecting twin girls September 19th, Jade and Jemma.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm huge too! I thought it might be twins but nope, just one big baby in there.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so I said I would post a pix so here it is ....

P1000272.JPG

So what do you think?  Am I huge?  You know I feel like this pix does really show how big I am:)

Old 04-04-2011, 10:29 PM

lol, you're as "huge" as me! We're both 14 weeks.

And I feel colossal... I'm daring myself to look at pictures from 2 years ago (first pg) but I don't want to b/c I remember clearly which pants I was wearing at 5 months and they are LONG GONE!

I haven't taken pictures yet this time. Chicken.

I just tell myself that it's sick and twisted that not "looking pg" when you ARE is supposed to be some kind of compliment. One of these days I'll believe myself.

Rock on Huge Mamas!

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart - Confucius
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I don't think you look huge at all! You look cute! Not at all huge!

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 04-05-2011, 11:54 AM

If it helps, I am not much farther along than you are (17 weeks), on my FIRST baby and totally BIGGER than that!!!  I was so big at 12 weeks that I *had* to tell at work - couldn't hide it anymore. 

U/S confirmed - just one babe.  I'm just all popped out!  It's annoying because it's almost impossible to wear regular pants with the Bella Band already.  Thought I had some more time before I gave that up!

cd.gif   trekkie.gif   hang.gif     dog2.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 PM

You look gorgeous! Embrace it and love it! Some women are further along and not showing at all and cant wait for cute belly like yours. joy.gif You look healthy and glowing and so does your little girl, adorable just like Mama! Maybe you were that size at 6 months on your first baby but the body remembers and out it goes. Pop! I'm on baby 3 and I haven't fit in my regular pants since I was 6 weeks! I think baby bellies are so gorgeous and twins are a blessing. My DH and I were actually hoping for twins! If someone asks you if you are having twins it might not be to horrify you, it might be because they think it's wonderful and that you look stunning!

Take care!

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:45 PM

Oh i defiantly am worried! everyone has been telling me im having twins, im only 5 months (today =]) and i look and feel huge. some of my family has also been saying im eating too much! i only eat 5 times the most in a day if that, and it makes me feel like crap. im very anious to find out if theres one or two. i have to wait 4 more weeks, but so far theres only one heartbeat. Twins do run in my family a little and on my boyfriends side too. shrug.gif

Mommy fo one, hubby and dog; suffers from Depression & Fibromyalgia; First Year Nursing Student!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:14 PM

I was worried (actually hopeful) too... I had tons of the things that make me more likely to have twins (family history, over 35, over tall, over weight, etc.) AND my uterus was measuring 5 weeks ahead AND the midwife heard TWO heartbeats AND I haven't been able to wear regular clothes since 12 weeks... but then I went in for my ultrasound and it was just one little boy, measuring only 5 days ahead of where I thought I was (the second heartbeat was from my placenta!!??)... which just goes to show you, you can't ever know until you know... and I have heard stories of hidden twins here and IRL from a few friends with twins, so really... you never know until the birth! Good luck! I hope it turns out how you want it to!

Moo.

User Tag List