I just want to feel my baby move...I hate this waiting period - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I vividly remember this interim time from my last pregnancy, where I'm feeling a lot better physically, but haven't felt the baby move yet.  It's so reassuring when you can feel your little one and not have that lingering fear.  I just need to have faith that everything is fine.  I think some part of me would know if it wasn't.  I have an appointment with my midwife on Monday, I'll be 16 weeks, and will (hopefully) hear a strong heartbeat then...  

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

#2 of 20 Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Monday will be here before you know it! Looking forward to hearing about your great appt. ;)

#3 of 20 Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM

i SOOOO know what you are going through! I somethings *think* I feel movement, but its so tough to know for sure at this point.

Anyways, I'm in your same boat.  Symptoms are pretty much gone. My belly seems to look the same to me every day and I feel like my uterus is always in the same spot. Sigh. I'll be doing an ultrasound in the next few weeks so i guess at that time it will feel real (I hope)

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#4 of 20 Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 AM

I completely relate.    I can feel very light movement every now and then..i think...but even in spite of hearing the heartbeat recently, it will reall take regular movement to help me relax.  I hope you have a great appt!

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

#5 of 20 Old 03-28-2011, 03:58 PM

I'm the same way. This is my third and I felt the others early and often, but this one is every now and then and not very strongly. I think I might have an anterior placenta, but I'm still worried:(

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#6 of 20 Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Great appointment today, I got to hear a nice strong heartbeat (150s) joy.gif  Everything looks normals and healthy, including my blood tests.  I am with a group practice of midwives and LOVE the midwife (Liz) I met with today...I really hope she is there to deliver my baby.  She wasn't the midwife who delivered my son but was an amazing support during prenatal and postnatal with him.  All the women are great but I really feel a connection with her.  Hooray for hearing heartbeats and that calming reassurance!    

#7 of 20 Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 PM

Yay for hearing heartbeats! :) 

LadyJennifer - I'm totally with you. I was feeling very distinct kicks earlier in my last pregnancy - still waiting to feel them this time around. :( Trying not to worry, but it's hard...especially now that I'm 17 weeks. Hopefully soon...

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#8 of 20 Old 03-30-2011, 12:00 PM

This pregnancy I was super nervous... I'm not sure why.  First pregnancy I didn't feel the baby moving/kicking till 22 weeks.  This time around it was 16w 2days!! I felt the first little bit.  Just between THEN and NOW it's gotten so much stronger!! I can even see it on my stomach when I lay back.  I am amazed that at 17 + weeks this baby is already so strong! You will definitely feel it soon, just hang in there :)  Try to take it easy!

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#9 of 20 Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 PM

Im with you ladies too. This is my first, so I don't really know what I am looking for... can anyone give somewhat of a description? today I felt a feeling like tiny bursting bubbles on my right side (which made me think it wasn't gas-which is always on my left by my colon).... I think that was the baby! It was SO light and I had to really pay attention, but it was still SO exciting!  I can't wait for it to be more frequent and strong enough to make me really take notice ! :) 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#10 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsoul View Post

LadyJennifer - I'm totally with you. I was feeling very distinct kicks earlier in my last pregnancy - still waiting to feel them this time around. :( Trying not to worry, but it's hard...especially now that I'm 17 weeks. Hopefully soon...

Yeah, I just made 18 weeks today. The last couple days I've been feeling movement much stronger and more frequent too:), so I'm feeling better about it. I think this one might just be a little more laid back than her siblings, which will be nice!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#11 of 20 Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM

16 weeks today...i was sure i was feeling movement the last couple of weeks, but it's been about 5 days and i haven't felt anything--i'm trying not to worry but it's so hard!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#12 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamareba View Post

Im with you ladies too. This is my first, so I don't really know what I am looking for... can anyone give somewhat of a description? today I felt a feeling like tiny bursting bubbles on my right side (which made me think it wasn't gas-which is always on my left by my colon).... I think that was the baby! It was SO light and I had to really pay attention, but it was still SO exciting!  I can't wait for it to be more frequent and strong enough to make me really take notice ! :) 

Yes!  That sounds like it!  I describe it as a gentle poke from the inside with a finger.. or a little bubble pop or... a tap from the inside.  It's light now, but give it two weeks, then you'll definitely know!!

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#13 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Yeah, this has been definitely hard for me, going a week without a kick.  I get rolls every so often, but I'd like to feel kicks regularly.  I'm trying not to make too much of it.  I did just feel a kick after I sneezed.  Seems to get the baby kicking sometimes.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#14 of 20 Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsoul View Post

Im going through the same thing. This is my 4th pregnancy and with all the others (except the first) I felt the baby move by now... I am 15 weeks, so I know I am still early, but its so scary for me that I've felt nothing. With my last pregnancy I felt something at 13 weeks... I'm used to feeling things very early, but I guess this baby just plans on being different!  My husband says stop worrying and just enjoy the pregnancy, but that is so much easier said than done. The movements are what make me feel like everything is ok...without them, I worry!!

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

#15 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

16 weeks today...i was sure i was feeling movement the last couple of weeks, but it's been about 5 days and i haven't felt anything--i'm trying not to worry but it's so hard!

This is comforting to me. I think I'm at about 17 weeks. I felt movement for a few days last week, sometimes what felt like tiny, vigorous kicking, and then nothing for the last several days. I have a feeling that the baby has just changed orientation, and is kicking into the placenta right now, or something, but it's still worrisome. 

I'm sure it'll start up again soon, but it's hard to keep myself from just popping down to the midwife's for a quick listen. We easily found a big heartbeat last appointment. Anyway, nice to hear that others are having a similar experience.

Pregnant and/or breastfeeding since May, 2004, with dd6, ds4, and dd born 9/11.
We homeschool.gif.
#16 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 PM

i've been feeling it this week, thank goodness!  and my doctor wans't at all concerned when i told her i hadn't felt it in a week...she says it is very common.  baby's still small, can change position (like you say, might be kicking at the placenta,) and the bones are still not very hard at this point. 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#17 of 20 Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

I have felt movement for the past 3 days, strong enough to where I'm sure it's baby! joy.gif  Keep on kicking!

#18 of 20 Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM

Now I know why I'm not feeling as much, anterior placenta.  I only feel baby around the edges and at the top of my uterus.  This will definitely different in that way.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#19 of 20 Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Now I know why I'm not feeling as much, anterior placenta.  I only feel baby around the edges and at the top of my uterus.  This will definitely different in that way.

I haven't had the ultrasound to confirm, but my Midwife and I think I have an anterior placenta too.. My ultrasound isn't until the 29th of this month,so we will find out then!

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

#20 of 20 Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 PM

feeling kicks kicks kicks all the time at almost 20 weeks. YAY! :) 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page