~*Chat Thread for March 28th - April 3rd*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't believe its going to be April this week.  Boy is time flying by.  I haven't felt much movement since Saturday, but I'm not freaking out about it anymore.  Just waiting until baby surfaces again.  Baby does not like it when I sneeze, that definitely gets the kicking started.  I really want to get started on knitting the longies I got a pattern for.  I just keep forgetting when I sit down and watch a movie at night when I'm waiting for hubby to come home.  I can't believe it was snowing when I woke up this am.  It was 81 last Wednesday.  Crazy Spring weather.

How are all you mamas doing this cold Monday morning?

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#2 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Ditto on the crazy weather... snow this morning, summer-like temps last week.  Unbelievable! 

Cathy - Maybe you could sniff some pepper to get baby moving again.  ;)

So I officially could not button my pants this morning!  I hadn't been wearing them buttoned for the past week (using a bella band) just because it was more comfortable, but this morning I noticed that it would have been physically impossible to button them even if I wanted to.  Now I'm worried that I won't be able to fit into a bridesmaid dress in three weeks!  Eek!  I'm praying this was just a quick growth spurt and I'll grow pretty slowly over the next few weeks.  After that, bring on the belly! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#3 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Despite the fact that I'm still sick from about 4pm on, I'm finding the time is flying by, too.  My 20wk u/s is on the 22nd (though I'll be 19wks :D) - that seems crazy!

I cannot wait for it to warm up.  I just want to wear sandals and sun dresses already - hurry up!!!  I have a long way to go, I'm afraid :(  Is it common for you to get snow?  I looked up your area on google maps but it didn't clear it up for me :)  Almost all the snow is melted here and I hope it stays that way.  I want to plant some peas!!!!

#4 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Ditto on the crazy weather... snow this morning, summer-like temps last week.  Unbelievable! 

Cathy - Maybe you could sniff some pepper to get baby moving again.  ;)

So I officially could not button my pants this morning!  I hadn't been wearing them buttoned for the past week (using a bella band) just because it was more comfortable, but this morning I noticed that it would have been physically impossible to button them even if I wanted to.  Now I'm worried that I won't be able to fit into a bridesmaid dress in three weeks!  Eek!  I'm praying this was just a quick growth spurt and I'll grow pretty slowly over the next few weeks.  After that, bring on the belly! 

lol.gif  That's a toss up.  I hate sneezing while I'm pregnant because there is more of a chance of peeing my pants.  I had to change my underwear just last night for that reason. Heh.

Hopefully you be fine in the dress.  My belly was a little tight during my wedding because I didn't know I was pregnant.  lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hck73 View Post

Despite the fact that I'm still sick from about 4pm on, I'm finding the time is flying by, too.  My 20wk u/s is on the 22nd (though I'll be 19wks :D) - that seems crazy!

I cannot wait for it to warm up.  I just want to wear sandals and sun dresses already - hurry up!!!  I have a long way to go, I'm afraid :(  Is it common for you to get snow?  I looked up your area on google maps but it didn't clear it up for me :)  Almost all the snow is melted here and I hope it stays that way.  I want to plant some peas!!!!

Yeah, we have ours on the 18th for our 18 week u/s.  Yes, its coming fast.

Yeah, its not unusual for us to get snow, but we got a ton this year and early too.  It's been a cold cold winter.  I planted all my cold crops about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I'm sure they are fine though, it turned into rain after awhile and nothing stuck. 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#5 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM

We had a crazy amount of snow this year.  I'm actually surprised it's all melted.  I will be looking forward to the daffodils and the tulips making their entrances soon :)  Usually I would've planted peas by now but I bet it's still a couple weeks off this year.  It's terrible to hope for, I know, but I wouldn't mind a summer like we had last year (hot and dry).

#6 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Had my "first" OB appointment today (had an early US d/t history and one with my HBMW already).

My OB is the coolest!  He knew I had a HB last time.  He assumed (correctly) that's what we are doing again. He gave me his home and cell numbers just in case I needed anything from him!

I love him!

#7 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 PM

April holy cow!!!

I'm thinking about buying our car seat this month...I want a Chicco keyfit because it'll snap on to my double stroller. I just got a 20% off coupon for BRU and I have a $10 gift card that I got for free by registering there.

#8 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 PM

I have my u/s coming up as well.  I'll be almost 20, but 19+weeks.  April 14th! Can't wait!!   

I too finally need maternity clothes... my body does NOT fit in any of my old shirts.. and only one pair of pants.. ugh -_- haha

Glad everyone is doing well otherwise!

I've been feeling movement.  Not a whole lot, but it gets a little stronger each day!!  DH can't feel it yet.. but I imagine is less than two weeks he will :)  I was not expecting to feel movement as early as 16w 2days because my first child, I didn't feel it till 22 weeks :O

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#9 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM

My U/S is scheduled for April 28th - I'll be a little over 18 weeks.  I'm still debating about the whole gender issue.  I'm leaning towards no, but still haven't made a final decision. 

I was going to go maternity clothes shopping today, but didn't get the chance.  My sister has agreed to give me her leftover stuff, but I know it'll be too big for right now.  Maybe it'll warm up enough I can wear some of my elastic-waisted skirts for a while. 

#10 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM

my ultrasound is on April 20th...i can't wait!

it's beautiful here today...it finally feels like spring.  :D

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#11 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM

I got so big so fast that I've been in maternity for a while...this is my 3rd though. I got a bunch of shirts for $8 each at Old Navy!

#12 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 02:44 PM

Hey, the December DD club is up.  It's silly but it feels like a milestone :)

#13 of 23 Old 03-28-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hck73 View Post

Hey, the December DD club is up.  It's silly but it feels like a milestone :)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it today or yesterday.  It does seem like a milestone of sorts!

#14 of 23 Old 03-29-2011, 04:17 AM

So for the first time in months, I was able to sleep through the night without having to get up for a bathroom trip!  It was sooooo nice!!!  I just hope it continues.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

#15 of 23 Old 03-29-2011, 09:13 AM

I did water aerobics this morning! It was so nice, but getting OUT of the water was the hard part, I felt like I weighed a million pounds! I'm so glad my local Y has a good aquatics schedule because with this horrible pubic pain I'm finding it really hard to do anything else.

Other than that, I have my kids watching Harold & the Purple Crayon on HBO and then it might be time for everyone to take a nap- including me!!!

#16 of 23 Old 03-30-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

So for the first time in months, I was able to sleep through the night without having to get up for a bathroom trip!  It was sooooo nice!!!  I just hope it continues.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

I had the same thing happen last night.  I was super tired and stress free for once and slept like a baby.

I have my second midwife appt. tomorrow.  Hooray!!

#17 of 23 Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM

gah what a day.  i am a substitute teaching assistant, and had asked when i started bleeding to be put on light duty--apparently, they forgot that, because today I was lifting a third-grader in and out of a wheelchair.  she was a sweetheart, but it was way more than i was supposed to be doing.  so far the bleeding hasn't started up again, crossing my fingers it stays that way. 

i had been feeling movement usually once a day, but haven't felt anything in a few days now.  getting nervous, and have to wait til next wednesday to see my doctor again.  i suppose i could ask to go in sooner and check on things, but am trying not to be too paranoid.  i am so ready for big kicks and rolls, at least then you can rest assured that everything is probably okay in there!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#18 of 23 Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

gah what a day.  i am a substitute teaching assistant, and had asked when i started bleeding to be put on light duty--apparently, they forgot that, because today I was lifting a third-grader in and out of a wheelchair.  she was a sweetheart, but it was way more than i was supposed to be doing.  so far the bleeding hasn't started up again, crossing my fingers it stays that way. 

i had been feeling movement usually once a day, but haven't felt anything in a few days now.  getting nervous, and have to wait til next wednesday to see my doctor again.  i suppose i could ask to go in sooner and check on things, but am trying not to be too paranoid.  i am so ready for big kicks and rolls, at least then you can rest assured that everything is probably okay in there!

I know what you mean, I wish I could get those big jabs regularly all day long so I don't have to sit here and worry.  I hope your spotting stays away. 

I'm just pooped today.  Way too much stress this week and I hope it stays away, not good for me or baby.

#19 of 23 Old 03-30-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

I'm just pooped today. 

twins.gif  I totally just read that line wrong!!!   LOL  

I still get tired very easily too, but feeling much better than the first tri.  Hope the stress stays away for you!

I also can't wait to feel this baby move, and move lots!!!

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#20 of 23 Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

I'm just pooped today.   

Yeah, I completely read that line wrong too!  Makes much more sense when I read it the second time with the 'm attached to the I. 

Cathy - hope your stress stays away.  I know how you feel, this week has been super stressful for me, and it doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon.  My MIL is temporarily (hopefully) living with us.  She's been here a month, and I love her, but it is SO hard.  Besides cultural issues, we're having some aging/memory issues, and cleanliness issues (I'm a little OCD on cleaning).  DH and his siblings can't seem to figure out what to do next, so he's stressed out and stressed about work, and it's spilling over into our relationship.  I need a vacation.

#21 of 23 Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 AM

Val - That is hard having someone else stay with you!  Especially when it is family and not working out well.  Maybe you guys can get away for a little weekend or something and de-stress?  Hope it gets better soon!

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#22 of 23 Old 04-01-2011, 04:17 AM

Liz - Unfortunately, we're scared to leave her her alone for more than a few hours at a time, so as long as she's here, no mini-vacation for us!  I'm definitely putting in my request for one as soon as she leaves, though.  My fingers are crossed for the end of April, but I think it could be into May.  It's really putting a damper on my "nesting" attempts, since she's staying in what will soon be our nursery! 

Does anyone else have really dry skin and super chapped lips?  I don't know if this is pregnancy related, or just really weird.  My lips have never been this chapped, they HURT! 

#23 of 23 Old 04-01-2011, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Liz - Unfortunately, we're scared to leave her her alone for more than a few hours at a time, so as long as she's here, no mini-vacation for us!  I'm definitely putting in my request for one as soon as she leaves, though.  My fingers are crossed for the end of April, but I think it could be into May.  It's really putting a damper on my "nesting" attempts, since she's staying in what will soon be our nursery! 

Does anyone else have really dry skin and super chapped lips?  I don't know if this is pregnancy related, or just really weird.  My lips have never been this chapped, they HURT! 

Yeah, that would be stressful.  Hopefully you can find someway to keep it at a minimum.  I've lived with in-laws and my with my father, parents(when my mom was still alive, so glad I got to spend that time with her).  It's stressful esp. when growing up living with them was stressful in the first place.  Not a good combo.

Since the Fall of being pregnant with my ds, more than 5 yrs ago, I haven't been able to get my chapped lips to calm down.  I might need to go see a naturopath one of these days and see what they can do for me.  Sometimes its worse than other times.  It's tolerable right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingBaby View Post

twins.gif  I totally just read that line wrong!!!   LOL  

I still get tired very easily too, but feeling much better than the first tri.  Hope the stress stays away for you!

I also can't wait to feel this baby move, and move lots!!!

Hah.  You guys are funny.  No, didn't poop myself.lol.gif

Had my midwife appt. yesterday.  I am 16 weeks today and they found the heartbeat with the fetus scope.thumb.gif  152 beats.  I am also measuring on dates this time.  With my ds I measured 2 weeks ahead the whole time.  I'm hoping that means, smaller baby this time.fingersx.gif Everything looked good, I love my midwife and we got to meet her assistant and she is wonderful too.  She is so sweet. 

Other than that, the excitement here yesterday was that the power went off at noon because a squirrel decided to taste the transformer wires.  I guess he was singed on his back and lovely things were blown out his butt.  I'm glad I missed that.  Poor squirrel.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page