Any other VBAC-ers? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 180 Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay Smurfy!  :)

And ditto... I even hate the term "failed vbac".  It's just so loaded.  :(  Not that there is a really great term for a CBAC, but so many women don't even want to try for a VBAC because their afraid of getting their hopes up and then having a CBAC anyway.  And I know in our ICAN group it's hard for women who have had a CBAC to come to meetings because they feel like everyone is going to judge them or try to figure out "what went wrong this time" and really, sometimes nothing "goes wrong"... a vaginal birth just isn't in the cards and that's life.  It happens, and there is NO blame.

So, no matter how our babes arrive, YAY!  HURRAY FOR US!  It's like the NPR story yesterday about the team that reached the superbowl four times in a row and lost each time... the coach said that of course it sucked to lose, but the way to avoid losing was to just not make it to the superbowl to begin with.  And that wasn't an option he wanted to take!  LOL  So really, if you think about it like that, just GETTING to the birth, no matter where it goes from there, is like making it into the Olympics/Finals/Superbowl.  It's a huge success!

lesanders89 likes this.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#152 of 180 Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 AM

Congrats Smurfy!

I need to start working on getting this baby to turn around -she really likes to be posterior. But part of me is in no rush either.

I agree, regardless of the outcome I want all of us VBAC-attempters to feel welcome. I do think some part of each of us is going to want to replay the "what if" game if we end up with a CBAC, and that's normal. talk and discussion about that can be good and healthy to help you process the birth, blame and all that, not so much.

the prodromal labor is starting to kick in . . . glad and not at the same time - because part of me gets the urge to get up and walk or rock to help move things along, and part of me is like whoa! it's not time yet! With DS, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any until around 38 weeks or so, and I am only 36 weeks (as of today! yay!) so maybe, just maybe, this baby will come close to her due date without going over too much.

Also have been trying to visual the birth a bit more. It's hard because since labor didn't really begin on its own (active labor anyway) with DS, I am feeling almost like a FTM as far as what to expect. I just don't know. OTOH, when making a birth plan, I have so many scenarios going through my head, it's hard to pin down things like monitoring, etc. Ideally, I'd like intermittent (and know that the practice and hospital will permit) but if for some reason I need continuous monitoring, and my water has broken on its own, I'm really not opposed to internal monitoring, it allows more mobility than EFM.  and mobility is very important to me. At least I know that being a VBAC I won't be given pitocin! one bonus, I guess. I was alot more absolute on my wishlist/birthplan for my first baby and saw all those things go down the toilet with an induction, so I am pretty flexible on most things. How are all of you on your birthplans?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#153 of 180 Old 08-31-2011, 12:03 PM

Congratulations, Smurfy!!

And thanks for the words of wisdom from you ladies who've BTDT on VBAC/CBAC. I am scared to put too much time and effort into prepping for my birth or visualizing it like I did last time in case of disappointment again. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me! I'm hoping Hypnobabies works for those who are doing it half-heartedly as I am. ROTFLMAO.gif

#154 of 180 Old 08-31-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konayossie View Post
 I'm hoping Hypnobabies works for those who are doing it half-heartedly as I am. ROTFLMAO.gif

lol.gif I hear ya. I am not expecting a pain-free, or even reduced-pain, birth experience. I am mostly just using it to give me some positive language/feelings about birthing.

Akind1, I've had internal monitoring before, and it does allow you a lot of freedom of movement. It actually worked out much better for me than the external monitors (but up until I decided to go for it, it was one of those interventions that I *never* thought I would do). And congrats on your contractions! I have been having some warm-up contractions, too -- my first ones ever in three pgs! I am just loving feeling my body actually getting ready. I know prodromal labor is an irritation for some women, but I like it.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#155 of 180 Old 09-01-2011, 04:46 AM

I had the internal monitoring with my first (induction w/ pitocin, so continuous monitoring was a must) and while I know infection is an issue, I needed to be up and out of bed more! so it's one of those things I'm willing to give a little on.  I figure the more flexible about somethings I am, the more willing the staff may be to work with me on others.

None of my prodromal labor kicked into real labor with my first (hence induction) so I'm curious/nervous about how "real" labor will start. and when! I 'm not ready for like, tomorrow, but you know, I'd love sooner than later!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#156 of 180 Old 09-04-2011, 06:44 PM

My ICAN leader and sweet friend gave me a pendant that says "Be Kind to Yourself," and has the cesarean awareness ribbon on it. I strung it on my birth beads from this DDC. It bears keeping in mind.

I am having ctx irregularly, but no other labor signs. My last 2 pgs I was seriously on the clock to deliver by 42, but not so much this time. I still feel good, and I figure I can go awhile before having this baby. 39+4 today. smile.gif

#157 of 180 Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 AM

Fingers crossed that prodromal labor is a good sign for you and you'll be in full-fledged labor soon, Ms. B Sprout. Love the pendant saying!

I've had tons of irregular contrax this weekend, but hoping for works' sake to hold off for 2-3 more weeks. Using the holiday to fInish up some projects for baby and house, and the contrax have made sewing so much harder!

Found out I'm GB neg at my last appt and babe feels to be laying more upright than to the side--mw says he's getting in a good position. Yah!
#158 of 180 Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 PM

I'm really behind on checking any of the threads lately, baby has me all tied up!  She's a good baby though, if I let her she'd be sleeping through the night already, really hope this isn't a phase. 

Just wanted to jump in on the baby positions.  Mine was posterior all through labor, the midwife said we could use the birthing ball at the hospital to work on that but just try some pulsatilla and all fours positions in the meantime.  Well the only position I found comfortable to get through the contractions was either all fours or leaning over, most times I'd grab DH's hands and just hang down while gripping his hands tightly, and he'd hold me to keep me so my stomach was parallel to the floor.  Apparently that was my body's way of getting in the right position and it worked because baby turned by the time I was ready to push.

You know it's wierd, all this time I thought this would be my last baby, and it may still be.  During labor, and especially pushing, I swore I would never go through that again.  Now that it's over I keep thinking I'd like another try to see if I could handle it better.  I must be insane!

#159 of 180 Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

havn't been very active here, but just wanted to pop my big ol' belly in and say hi again, we are planning a hba3c any day now.  today I am going to scrub the bathrooms on my hands and knees!

#160 of 180 Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 AM

Konayossie, congrats on being GBS negative and baby getting in a good position. thumb.gif Great news!

Smurfy, thanks for telling us about your posterior labor. It's impressive to me that y'all got that baby turned around even with your water broken. smile.gif

#161 of 180 Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 PM

Hey nurnur, I missed your post somehow. I am planning an HBA2C, so I am inspired by your HBA3C!! Sending you lots and lots of good vibes for your birthing! love.gif

I scrubbed my kitchen floor on hands and knees this afternoon. When I mentioned it to my midwife -- she asked if I was getting around ok -- she was so pleased. She told me about a midwife she knows who "prescribes" that for her 40-week mamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post

havn't been very active here, but just wanted to pop my big ol' belly in and say hi again, we are planning a hba3c any day now.  today I am going to scrub the bathrooms on my hands and knees!

Also, we have our second graduate -- bignerpie had her HBAC! I'm so excited for her!! orngbiggrin.gif

#162 of 180 Old 09-12-2011, 12:26 PM

I didn't post very much to this thread, my intro post is below.  But I wanted everyone to know that I had my third vba2c this last tuesday.  I was able to go into spontaneous labor at 38wks 5d, despite our blood incompatibility.  Healthy baby boy, 9lbs 4oz.  I was able to go unmedicated in the hospital with a great support team.  He has been on the bililights at home for jaundice but he is perfect love.gif

Thinking of you all who are still awaiting your vbacs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelofpeace View Post

I am planning my third vba2c with this baby, as long as things are looking ok.  We have a blood incompatibility to contend with, so that is a challenge, but I was able to be non-chemically induced with my first vba2c and my doctor said he was game for that again, if necessary.  That one ended up being a really long induction and he felt confident that it wouldn't take as much this time. 

Hugs to all you mamas preparing for your first vbacs- I hope you find supportive care providers and comfortable places to give birth grouphug.gif

Oh, here are my vbac stories, in case you are interested.  I give considerable back story both times, so you might want to skip it the second time winky.gif

My induced hospital VBA2C

My homebirth VBA2C

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#163 of 180 Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM

Big congratulations, channelofpeace! So inspirational for this VBA2C hopeful mama! love.gif

Mae14 was also a VBAC, I believe. Congrats to her!

How's everyone doing? I am worried about some of our mamas on the clock. hug.gif

#164 of 180 Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Sorry for serial posting, but thanks so much for the links to your birth stories channelofpeace. I read Adelle's story and it was just beautiful!

I am so happy for you that you got to go into labor spontaneously this time around! You have had quite the variety of birth experiences -- a very impressive palette of experiences for a midwife (and mother of course!) to carry with her. love.gif

Quote:

I didn't post very much to this thread, my intro post is below.  But I wanted everyone to know that I had my third vba2c this last tuesday.  I was able to go into spontaneous labor at 38wks 5d, despite our blood incompatibility.  Healthy baby boy, 9lbs 4oz.  I was able to go unmedicated in the hospital with a great support team.  He has been on the bililights at home for jaundice but he is perfect love.gif

Thinking of you all who are still awaiting your vbacs!

#165 of 180 Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Hello, mamas! smile.gif

As Ms. B posted above, I had my HBAC on the 6th. It was an intense but amazing experience. Everyone that I've seen since the birth has commented on how I look- either "so happy," "radiant," or "glowing." I gotta say, I feel like it, too. love.gif

At my last midwife appointment before the birth, I found out that she had flipped to posterior. Then, I found out I was anemic. I was totally crushed because it seemed like everything was going so great until then, and right before my due date, everything was falling apart. I was so mad and didn't even feel like trying. I figured that at least with a repeat c-section I knew what to expect!

So imagine my surprise when I ended up with a 3 hour, mostly painless labor! I was totally expecting another long, hard labor. I had some pretty intense contractions at first, but as soon as I started feeling pushy, I only felt pain when I wasn't pushing. I told my husband that 2 years after my son's birth, all I can remember is pain. Two days after my daughter's birth, I can't remember any pain. I feel very fortunate to have had this experience.

I look forward to hearing everyone's birth stories, no matter what the outcome. I'd love it if you all could have amazing experiences like I did, but I totally agree with Ms. B and everyone about not feeling bad or ashamed about a different outcome. Sending good labor vibes to all of you still waiting! goodvibes.gif

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#166 of 180 Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 AM

YAY and congrats to all the mamas and wonderful babes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm now 41+ weeks and despite some amazing support from my midwives and their backup OB, I'm facing a scheduled c/s later this week if she doesn't get things going soon.  Basically I go back to the office on Thursday.  If I have a good bishop score they'll send me to L&D for AROM and we'll hope for a vbac.  If I have a poor bishop score but reassuring test results (nst, that sort of thing) then they'll schedule my rc/s for Friday morning.  If I have a poor bishop score and non-reassuring test results then they'll send me straight from the office to the OR.

I'm counting on this babe coming before Thursday.  I think my goal right now is less "I want a vbac" and more "I just want her to pick her birthday".  I know that my chances of a successful vbac go down the longer she waits, and obviously come Thursday we're sort of out of time, so I'm focusing more on just getting to labor than on getting to birth.  If that makes sense?  I've had to wonderful VBACs and maybe this time it's jsut not meant to be.  I'm also putting together a list of "good things" about having a rc/s.  It's not a long list, but I'm hoping that if it becomes necesssary, the list will help me avoid the sort of PPD and PTSD I had with dd1's c/s.  If nothing else, it'll give dh and my friends a list of things they can say that wont cause me to throw things at them or burst into tears.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#167 of 180 Old 09-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Congrats to channelofpeace & bignerpie! It is very inspiring to hear your stories--thank you for sharing and enjoy your babymoons! Is the recuperation going well?

Sending strong labor vibes your way, Wombatclay & Ms B Sprout and any others who are 40+. I am sure it must be so frustrating/terrifying to have the clock looming in front of you. Are either of you going to/have had your membranes swept? It worked to get me going last time.

I'll be 39 weeks Friday, so I'm not feeling the pressure yet. Hoping my little guy comes sometime next week. I was afraid the full moon last night might bring him on, but nope!

#168 of 180 Old 09-13-2011, 07:29 AM

I don't need labor vibes, so send all your labor vibes to wombatclay! goodvibes.gif

I had my membranes swept last time, and I was in labor within 36 hours. This time, though, I am officially doing nothing to start or augment labor. I am a little superstitious about it, actually -- I had AROM at 8 cm last time and I think that's when baby got stuck OP/asynclitic (she was LOA earlier in my labor eyesroll.gif). So I am having a very hands-off labor this time around.

Konayossie, I'm glad you are still relaxing at 39 weeks. thumb.gif

#169 of 180 Old 09-13-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm actually a big fan of membrane sweeps though I don't know that they do much for me.  I've had several sweeps in each of my previous births.  However, this time, even at 41+ weeks my cervix is so tightly closed they can't do a sweep!  That's why Thursday has so many different possible options... if my cervix is still this closed on Thursday they wouldn't be able to break my water, and even if they were able to it probably wouldn't "do anything" since AROM works best on a ripe cervix.

DH had a dream and is sure she'll come on the 14th.  He has a one in three chance of being right!  lol

#170 of 180 Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 PM

I am SO rarely getting on my computer these days, we've hit the 2 week growth spurt and she fed almost every hour last night and today, plus she rarely lets me put her down and wants to pacify constantly but I don't want to give her a soother just yet.  So life's a little difficult right now.  I'll try to post one of her newborn pics on one of the threads. 

I just wanted to pop in to see how everyone is doing, I saw we have 2 more VBACs/HBACs.  Congrats to everyone who's delivered their beautiful baby, no matter how they get here!  Big warm, positive thoughts to those yet to come.  I'll try to pop in from time to time, I'd love to be on here cheering everyone on but it's just not feesible with such a needy baby right now.  Good luck!

#171 of 180 Old 09-29-2011, 01:18 PM

How are all the mamas who were hoping for a vbac? 

ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#172 of 180 Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:

How are all the mamas who were hoping for a vbac? 

Just had my 2nd VBAC. This time a HBAC- almost a UBAC, lol. I posted the birth story a few mins ago smile.gif

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#173 of 180 Old 10-03-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm still waiting . . . was due 9/28 by my dates, 10/5 by OB's. I thought last night was going to be it, but turns out not so much. I am very ready to meet this little girl!

#174 of 180 Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Best of luck to you, Akind1! love.gif

I had a VBA2C on the 18th. It was a homebirth transfer with 7 hours of pushing. Not a unicorns-and-rainbows VBAC by any means, but I am still very grateful.

#175 of 180 Old 10-04-2011, 10:49 AM

Add me to the graduate list--Had my VBAC baby this morning. No unicorns in my labor either, but healthy baby and no surgery for me! I made sure to tell the CNM she should tell the OB who did my cs and told me I'd never birth vaginally that she was WRONG!!! She agreed :-) I'll post my story later.
channelofpeace likes this.
#176 of 180 Old 10-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Congrats Amy Lynn and konayossie and anyone else I've missed on here!!! 

#177 of 180 Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy View Post

Congrats Amy Lynn and konayossie and anyone else I've missed on here!!! 

yeahthat.gif love.gif

#178 of 180 Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Hooray to all you ladies!

akind1, how are you?

I wrote his birthstory :)  Does anyone have theirs to share?

http://onebreathatatime.blogspot.com/2011/09/georges-story.html

#179 of 180 Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Great story, channelofpeace, and what beautiful pics! Did you have a birth photographer? Congrats!!
#180 of 180 Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:

I wrote his birthstory :)  Does anyone have theirs to share?

http://onebreathatatime.blogspot.com/2011/09/georges-story.html

Congrats Momma!  Thanks for sharing!

Here's the one I posted in the group :)

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1331472/i-am-momma-hear-me-roar-the-vbac-homebirth-of-matthew-evan

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page