Twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, I'm only 5 months along, and this will be my first.upsidedown.gif

Everyone has been telling me Non-Stop that I'm having Twins. I already feel huge, some of the women I've met were farther along then me and i was still Bigger then them. I'm kind of worried, what if I'm having twins? Not that its horrible. But on top of me being bigger, my most wonderful family members say I'm eating to much! hopmad.gifWhen i only eat maybe 5 times a day if that, and there not big meals. So its not like I'm over eating. Plus when i was only 4 months I had gained 10 lbs. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mommy fo one, hubby and dog; suffers from Depression & Fibromyalgia; First Year Nursing Student!
#2 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM

I thought I was having twins too for the same reason... plus I have a LOT of the factors that make twins more likely... alas, there is only one, which I'm pretty sure will be enough. LOL

The only way to tell for sure is with an ultrasound, or by waiting until the birth! Good luck and I hope it turns out like you want it to!!

Moo.

#3 of 6 Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM

I keep getting the twins comments, too, and I'm getting pretty frustrated about it! I'm measuring right on track, even though I look pretty big. This is my second, though, so I started showing pretty soon. It just bothers me that people love to freak out pregnant women! Even my own grandmother keeps reminding me about this woman she supposedly knows that didn't know she was having twins until the birth. I don't really believe her, but I suppose it's better than hearing about everyone's terrifying birth experiences.

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#4 of 6 Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM

I've gained a LOT more than that :( Not like I'm trying but it just seems to happen!

Have you had an ultrasound yet?

#5 of 6 Old 04-06-2011, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

I will have my gender ultrasound in four more weeks, im kind of nervous and excited. Yeah my great grandma tells me how the heart beats are usually beat together and how twins like to be in back of one another,uhoh3.gif which doesnt help lol. shes a twin as well.

Mommy fo one, hubby and dog; suffers from Depression & Fibromyalgia; First Year Nursing Student!
#6 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm just curious, but when you have your ultrasound, are you guys gonna be told, or wait until they are born? We waited to be surprised :)  And yeah, my family told me I ate too much too.  I told them to be quiet because they werent incubating two little miracles, I was, so I could what I wanted, when I wanted ;)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page