Letdowns! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So weird, I don't remember having this in my other pregnancies--though with my first, I probably didn't realize what the feeling was, and with my second, I was nursing the whole way through.  I keep getting the feeling that my milk is letting down.  Anyone else experiencing this?  i'm having quite a bit of colostrum leaking already too.  looks like another massive milk supply and fat baby for me!  love.gif

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 PM

Yes, for sure this pregnancy I'm ready to nurse that baby NOW! Colostrum (my nipples get stuck to my bra and it's annoying!) and the letdown feelings started a few weeks ago. I don't remember this with the first two!

Edited to add: yeah, silly, because the first time was the first time, and the second time you nursed your first one all the way through.... It's really nice being pregnant again without nursing.

Pregnant and/or breastfeeding since May, 2004, with dd6, ds4, and dd born 9/11.
We homeschool.gif.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 PM

So THAT's why my bra sticks to me!!! (First-timer stalking and learning...) Thanks. :)

Moo.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 PM

Nothing like that over here. I only had that with my first pregnancy- none with my second. None with this one so far.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Never got the letdown with colostrum, only after my milk "came in". I always have had super fat, healthy babes though!smile.gif

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 PM

I never leak! Actually after my 1st baby was born I leaked like a faucet, so I figured that would happen the 2nd time around as well but it didn't for some reason. It was really nice not having to wear pads in my bras all the time! I get kind of white dots of dried colostrum in my nipples which is weird but it never actually leaks onto my bra.

User Tag List