Really angry at the OB office I just left - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I posted further down what happened last week. But what happened now was, after I posted it to the ICAN group I was on last night, I was urged to call the OB office and let them know because they felt the regular OB I had would not have handled things like this and he would correct the oncall OB and whomever else so it would not happen again. So, I called and ended up speaking to the office manager. Now I want to clarify, there was NO misunderstanding with the conversation with the oncall OB. I was very shocked by what he was saying so I repeated things back, I asked him in multiple ways, the conversation went on for a while. There was no misunderstanding.

The office manager calls me back in the afternoon and informs me that the oncall OB has denied saying what I said he said! I told them I was not going to get in to a he said/she said argument and that I would not ever deal with that lying manipulative doctor again. The office manager seemed shocked by my response and tried to pass it off as a misunderstanding. She is urging me to come in to my appointment on Wednesday, but I don't think so. I am stressed enough over all this and do not think it is healthy to go there, knowing it will likely just be a "who is the liar" here conversation. I had not really expected them to care much, but I did not expect the doctor to lie. I guess, why didn't I expect him to lie? I expected him to defend what he said, but I did not expect him to lie and say he never said it. He must have known what he said was wrong or he would not have lied later and pretended to not say it.

I am very stressed and upset over the whole thing now. I guess for giving birth, my choices now are to go under the chopping block (csect) or an unassisted birth.

#2 of 9 Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 PM

hug2.gif I am so sorry.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#3 of 9 Old 05-10-2011, 01:14 PM

I'm sorry. I honestly wouldn't go back to that OB's office because of the way everything was handled- I would personally be uncomfortable. If you decide to go back, I would have a serious discussion with your OB about the way everything was handled and how you feel..

#4 of 9 Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM

So sorry to hear about the way they're treating you. I read your other post and it was horrible.

Would you feel okay going if you had a friend or support person to go with you? I just hate to think of your birth options being so limited. Grrr! irked.gif

#5 of 9 Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 PM

hug2.gif's mama.  This is a crappy situation for you.  Sounds like there needs to be enough women complaining about him and then something will happen to this OB, until then he seems to have the upper hand on the situation and that sucks.  Too bad the office manager isn't on your side. I hope you find some solution, I may be in the same situation.  I can't afford a midwife now at least, at this moment and the only OB that allows natural birth in this area argues with me every time I come in to see him, I doubt he will see my way and allow me to be seen by him instead of sending me to the high risk OB's.  greensad.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#6 of 9 Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 PM

I just read your other post too... OMG! That is awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Can you call the ruling medical board? At the very least you can report the OB, and at most report the entire hospital for their inhumane policy... and honestly, if the office manager is willing to cover the behind of the doc there, what's to say all the admins in the hospital aren't also willing to do the same for him? 

I'm so sorry that you don't have more options available to you where you are. It seems at least some consolation that you have a more sensitive OB now, despite being more likely to have a VBAC. I have heard of women who have labored in their vehicles or at home to the point of almost crowning to avoid a C-section and be more assured a VBAC. I don't know what I'd do in your situation, but whatever you decide to do I'm sure you will make the best decision that is available for you and your child, and there is nothing better than that. Go easy on yourself, mama. You've been through a lot of unnecessary crap lately and you need some TLC.

Moo.

#7 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
L J

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry you are going through all of this with your doctors. I just read your other post, too. The hospital policy is sickening, and I am appalled, but not shocked, that you were treated that way.

It sounds like a good thing you have switched, and I pray that you find some way to get your VBAC, even if it means laboring in the car until crowning or having a full on UC at home.

Please keep us posted on your journey - we are here to support you, and I know we are all rooting for your VBAC.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#8 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

It turned out that was not hospital policy. I was going to completely fire the OB because his oncall doctor was so awful. But when I spoke to him, he was very nice and sympathetic and agreed to make sure he takes all my calls from here on out.

#9 of 9 Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 PM

Oh good!!! So you will still get your VBAC?? And the people at the hospital were just backing up the on call doc? Is there a way you can ensure that your doc will be there for your birth for sure and not a backup doc?

Moo.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page