~*Chat Thread for June 6th-12th*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are scooting through June.  Seems to be getting busier and busier for me.  Funny thing about this thread, I was wondering why no one was posting.  Oh, duh, I need to start a new week.  Hello.  Lots of pregnancy brain going on.

Anyway, finally stopped coughing after getting something on the airplane ride two weeks ago.  When I started coughing, oh man,  I should have put a pad on, but instead just changed my underwear several times a day.  Doing lots of kegels which wakes up baby every time and she starts bouncing around.  I have my next OB appt. next week.  Tomorrow I get to go play in the water with my ds.  It's been so hot and no rain.greensad.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#2 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Third trimester!  w00t!  Though it's funny... I was telling dh I don't really feel "pregnant".  Big and achey and tired and whatnot, but not "pregnant".  I think it's just that I don't feel much movement (a thump 4-5 times a day, maybe) so there isn't anything to remind me.  Sort of like forgetting to wear a watch (and looking at your wrist a dozen times that day with a "oh yeah duh" response every.single.time) or getting a radical haircut and doing a double take when you pass a mirror... I feel tired and sort of say "huh, why am I so tired" only to get that oh duh response, and I stand up and realize OMG my belly is huge!  LOL

I think I'm going to start really feeling pregnant (rather than just uncomfortable) just in time to deliver and "not be pregnant"!  :)

Anyone else starting to think serious about exit strategies?  I used the Gentle Birth formula from Mountain Meadow last time to encourage an "on time babe" and an easier birth (no one here will attend a vbac after 41 weeks, so it's go natural by 41 weeks, have AROM and hope at 41 weeks, or have your elective rc/s at 41 weeks) but it didn't really seem to do much.  LOL  On the other hand, ds was a fast and furious birth once it got started and a successful vbac right at the stroke of 41 weeks soooooo.... maybe the herbal stuff helped after all?

We're still planning a week long camping trip for the second week of August and I'm getting a bit nervous about that too...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM

i am getting TIIIIIRED again. ugh. 3rd trimester fatigue. and my stomach issues. ohhh i wish that would stop. i think i better start taking psyllium and see if that helps bc i can't stand it anymore.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#4 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

Third trimester!  w00t!  Though it's funny... I was telling dh I don't really feel "pregnant".  Big and achey and tired and whatnot, but not "pregnant".  I think it's just that I don't feel much movement (a thump 4-5 times a day, maybe) so there isn't anything to remind me.  Sort of like forgetting to wear a watch (and looking at your wrist a dozen times that day with a "oh yeah duh" response every.single.time) or getting a radical haircut and doing a double take when you pass a mirror... I feel tired and sort of say "huh, why am I so tired" only to get that oh duh response, and I stand up and realize OMG my belly is huge!  LOL

I think I'm going to start really feeling pregnant (rather than just uncomfortable) just in time to deliver and "not be pregnant"!  :)

Anyone else starting to think serious about exit strategies?  I used the Gentle Birth formula from Mountain Meadow last time to encourage an "on time babe" and an easier birth (no one here will attend a vbac after 41 weeks, so it's go natural by 41 weeks, have AROM and hope at 41 weeks, or have your elective rc/s at 41 weeks) but it didn't really seem to do much.  LOL  On the other hand, ds was a fast and furious birth once it got started and a successful vbac right at the stroke of 41 weeks soooooo.... maybe the herbal stuff helped after all?

We're still planning a week long camping trip for the second week of August and I'm getting a bit nervous about that too...

Hehehe.  That's really funny.  I do hope you get another vbac.  I hope the herbs work again if you start to get close.

Oh I love camping, but I don't know how I'd do pregnant, though it sounds fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjazzy View Post

i am getting TIIIIIRED again. ugh. 3rd trimester fatigue. and my stomach issues. ohhh i wish that would stop. i think i better start taking psyllium and see if that helps bc i can't stand it anymore.

Ick.  I hate pregnancy stomach issues.  I hope you feel better soon.

I'm getting itchy belly again. 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#5 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM

I'm almost feeling ready to be done. UGH! Just fatigued, no energy really. I spent the weekend frying my hair (not totally on purpose... but well, bleach & going blue really did it= hair cut. soon. ) and then yesterday I didnt feel Alice wriggling AT. ALL. And though i felt a bump or two this morning, I wasn't convinced everything was ok. I stressed and cried about the possibility of having to tell my kids if something went wrong & we didnt bring home a baby. UGH! Freakin' pregnancy hormones! So, I went in to the doc today, did some monitoring (NST) and had an ultrasound. She's fine :) Sigh of relief!!

tjjazzy likes this.

treehugger.gif

#6 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkymommy View Post

I'm almost feeling ready to be done. UGH! Just fatigued, no energy really. I spent the weekend frying my hair (not totally on purpose... but well, bleach & going blue really did it= hair cut. soon. ) and then yesterday I didnt feel Alice wriggling AT. ALL. And though i felt a bump or two this morning, I wasn't convinced everything was ok. I stressed and cried about the possibility of having to tell my kids if something went wrong & we didnt bring home a baby. UGH! Freakin' pregnancy hormones! So, I went in to the doc today, did some monitoring (NST) and had an ultrasound. She's fine :) Sigh of relief!!

I'm glad baby is fine.  It seems when I'm stressed out baby moves less for me.  I know 3rd trimester is upon us or close for most and I'm not looking forward to worse fatigue.orngtongue.gif

#7 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:

This is the recipe my midwife gave me when i went to 41 weeks the last time--i went into labour that night!  it's nasty, but apparently effective!

http://www.littlequiver.com/2009/07/elousia-story.html

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#8 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM

I'm officially be in my 3rd trimester on Thursday, but I feel like I've been there for weeks! I'm very prepared for only getting 4 hours of sleep a night because that's all I've been able to manage for 2 weeks. Most nights I end up on the couch, so I'm able to sleep in a more sitting-up position. It's the only way I can get comfortable and keep the stomach acid where it belongs (which is NOT in the back of my throat!!).

I started reading Birthing from Within. It's the only birth book I've read this pregnancy. I read so many with my first, and I'm starting to think it did more harm than good. I am sooo not the new age-y, let's make birth art type, but I'm really enjoying BfW so far. Has anyone else read it?

I ordered my birth kit, finally, so I feel like I'm making some progress. I still have nothing for this baby besides a few onesies that my sister gave me. I know I still have time, but every time I look at the calendar now and see June, I start freaking out!

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#9 of 33 Old 06-06-2011, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

How exactly did my body know to time heartburn, with the exact day of the beginning of my third trimester? That's what I want to know!

#10 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 AM

Hi ladies!  I can't believe so many of you are in the third trimester already, wow!  I'm not due until very late September, so I have a few weeks. 

Not much going on here... no heartburn to speak of (knock on wood).  I have had some sleep issues, but just because I can't get comfortable.  And I've noticed my hand goes numb if I knit for too long of a time period.  Other than that, all is good. 

I had my first stranger ask me how far along I was yesterday, so I guess I'm finally starting to look pregnant, yay! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#11 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 AM

Neat induction blend... I'll check it out!  Since I'm a VBAC mom I need to be super careful with some of the more common induction methods (castor oil is iffy, the cohoshes are out) since some methods can cause really strong contractions (the really strong contractions "jump start" the labor process and generally don't last long, but they can increase the chance of uterine rupture by stressing/weakening the uterine scar right out of the birth gate).

I was miserable last night... I think there really IS a third trimester clock and a whole bunch of pregnancy goodies woke up last night.  Killer back ache, my first calf cramp of doooooooooom, and heartburn.  What a night!  LOL

Glad the babe started wiggling again!  :)

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#12 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
From my understanding, the Gentle Birth formula was supposed to allow you to be further dialated before contractions get uncomfortable, therefore making hard labor shorter. I ordered some to try this pg, so we'll see. smile.gif my previous two vbacs I'd used 5-w by natures sunshine as a uterine toner so that my uterine muscles were in good shape (it basically just amped up my BH a bit) and did EPO to help soften the cervix. #2 was born at 39 weeks and #3 at 40 +4. labors were 36hours and 12hours, so I'm kind of hoping for a little less and more gentle labor this time.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#13 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

From my understanding, the Gentle Birth formula was supposed to allow you to be further dialated before contractions get uncomfortable, therefore making hard labor shorter. I ordered some to try this pg, so we'll see. smile.gif my previous two vbacs I'd used 5-w by natures sunshine as a uterine toner so that my uterine muscles were in good shape (it basically just amped up my BH a bit) and did EPO to help soften the cervix. #2 was born at 39 weeks and #3 at 40 +4. labors were 36hours and 12hours, so I'm kind of hoping for a little less and more gentle labor this time.

How did you do the EPO? I have cervical scarring from the c-section, and my midwife recommended starting EPO at 36 weeks. We haven't discussed the specifics yet since I still have a ways to go until then.

I'm interested in the 5-W, too. I have been trying to drink RRL tea, but I am really not a tea person, so it's been hard.

#14 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 06:27 AM

LOL... the blurb they sent  me a week or two ago (and how did they "know" I was pregnant?  lol) says "easier, shorter and more comfortable labor and delivery, plus shorter recovery time".  I had PPH with my first vbac and remember specifically looking for products that claimed to address PPH so they must have changed their ad copy a bit since then.

My labors have been 32 hours+ ending in c/s, 12 hours exactly ending in vbac with significant birth trauma, and just over 4 hours ending in vbac.  Of those, the 12 hour birth was by far the most comfortable (well, right up till the end).  I used Gentle Birth with my 4 hour labor so I suppose it WAS shorter, and my recovery was super fast (I literally felt 100% fine within about an hour of the birth, and the nursing staff kept asking if I was the mom because they'd never seen anyone recover like that).  But it was an intense labor, with insane pain, and not anything I'd call "gentle" by any stretch of the imagination.  That said, I used the non-cohosh/non-rrl version so maybe that makes a difference.

Did you like the 5-w?  Are you planning on using it again?  If it's primarily a uterine tonic were you also taking RRL?  There's also PN6, which is what my first vbac OB took in her own pregnancies and what she generally suggested to moms...

#15 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is the forum that led me to Gentle Birth, I'd never heard of it before - http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,15472.0.html

5-w has - Black cohosh root, Squaw vine herb,Dong quai root, Butcher’s broom root,Red raspberry leaves

PN-6 has - Squaw vine Herb, Blessed Thistle Herb, Black Cohosh Root, Pennyroyal Herb, False Unicorn Root, Red Raspberry Leaf, and Lobelia Herb

So they are very similiar.  They just tone the uterus and they have RRL in them.  the 5-w you take the last 5 weeks, pn6 you take the last 6 weeks.  

I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to do the 5-w again, I've used it with my last 2 pregnancies.  However, i decided not to this time because I'm going to do more and other herbal stuff, including the gentle birth formula and I didn't want to overdo the herbs to the point of it being a bad thing.  I've not done pregnancy teas before, I'm not much of a tea drinker, although in the summer I do like a good iced tea.  This time I'm making my own pregnancy tea, and just adding some black tea to it for taste.  I don't like mint that is in a lot of the preboxed pregnancy teas, so making it myself is working out much better.  I get the herbs in bulk from Frontier as I've been doing a coop for them for the past 5 years.  Anyway, the tea is RRL, Oatstraw, Alfalfa, and Nettles, then I add the black tea for flavor and it's actually pretty good!  Sweetened with local raw honey.

I'll also do EPO orally as I've done in my previous pregnancies.  I don't KNOW for a fact that it's helpful one way or the other, but it's certainly not hurtful to me as I'm not overly sensitive and have early babies, so I figure I might as well do it.  At 37 weeks I take 1300mg three times a day, double that at 38 weeks, triple at 39 weeks.  You CAN do it internally around the time of your due date to help soften the cervix, but you HAVE to get it right up against your cervix in order for it to do any good.  It has a prostiglandin like quality similar to semen.  Semen would be better, but it's not a whole lot of fun to get the male deposit at that point in pregnancy.  :)  Nor is it easy to find your cervix to insert EPO capsules near it.  So, you can take it or leave that part of it.  If you DO do it, wear a panty liner or something because you'll be leaking oil.  Insert it before bed.  I've also heard breaking open a capsule and rubbing it on your cervix can be helpful as well.  Again though, finding your cervix can be a task.

Other things I'll be doing this time that I've not done before are the Gentle Birth Formula, which is why I'm skipping the 5-W, I thought doing both might be overdoing the herbs, along with the tea.  Smooth transitions formula in labor, and Afterease for after birth pains.  Also taking Passion Flower capsules to help regulate blood pressure. 

Vitamin C capsules (they help keep your bag of waters in tact longer and prevent premature rupture...I took it last time and my water broke 1 minute before baby was born), a garlic complex and probiotics to help keep a good gut flora and prevent GBS, as well as boost immunity.  Oh, and my Cal/Mag supplement.  Yeah, that's a lot of pills and herbs.  :)

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#16 of 33 Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMonkey View Post

How exactly did my body know to time heartburn, with the exact day of the beginning of my third trimester? That's what I want to know!

I am so not looking forward to frequent heartburn, I get it occasionally now, but I know its coming.  Ick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

I had my first stranger ask me how far along I was yesterday, so I guess I'm finally starting to look pregnant, yay! 

Yay!!

#17 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

I love all this herb talk.  Great info.thumb.gif

#18 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 AM

Quick question for those that aren't first-timers...

I'm going to register this weekend at Babies-R-Us and Target for baby items, since my mom wants to do a shower.  So what's your "must-have" baby item, or something I definitely should or should not register for?  I'm pretty clueless when it comes to baby stuff.  I am taking a friend that has a baby with me to help, but would love some input from you guys, too. 

Thanks!

#19 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 06:12 AM

I'm glad she's back to wiggling too :) Thanks ladies :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Quick question for those that aren't first-timers...

I'm going to register this weekend at Babies-R-Us and Target for baby items, since my mom wants to do a shower.  So what's your "must-have" baby item, or something I definitely should or should not register for?  I'm pretty clueless when it comes to baby stuff.  I am taking a friend that has a baby with me to help, but would love some input from you guys, too. 

Thanks!

My two must-haves: a boppy pillow and baby carrier (LOVED my hotsling, got a diff kind this time just because price was right at the time... and also will get target's mei-tei style carrier)...

treehugger.gif

#20 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 08:16 AM

PunkyMommy & ValH  My sister loved her hotsling pouch, used it all the time with her daughter.  And I loved my ellaroo mei tai carrier with my second ds, wore him on my back lots with it when he got older.  I also like wraps but find the mei tai better cause it is faster to get going...

Valh as far as other stuff goes... I think a baby swing is great, and we use a basinet in our bedroom for the first few months at least.  Baby thermometer would be good too, lots of clothes, wipes, diapers, and receiving blankets (with my first son we used a gazillion receivin blankets cause he would spit up hugely after basically every meal, and we didn't use that many with our second son because he barely spat up.  But a few are always handy).  I also like to use one of those formed baby change foam cushions and secure it to the top of the baby dresser, works good for a change table and you don't need an extra piece of furniture for it (unless you already have a change table on order...)  I didn't always use a change table, but it is handy to have somewhere to keep everything, and I think handy for when its a messy diaper change ;)

Cathy & Happy Monkey - I have already been having indigestion/heartburn for a few weeks, and its only getting more severe and happening more often.  Starting earlier and earlier in the day :(  

Did I already tell you ladies that I started a hula hooping class for fitness?  lol Its fun, and it was harder than I thought it would be!!!  :D

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#21 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the 5W review!  I do carry "long" (42, 40, 41-42 weeks so far) and with the vbac limits I'm something of a "natural kickstart" junkie.  Sigh.  lol

I do oral and internal EPO starting at term as well as Borage oil.  Totally agree with the oil issue... I tend to do the internal only before bed so it's not as big a deal, but I also don't use my cloth pads for those nights since the oil is a pain to get out of the cloth.  Cervical application of semen is another "do", though ingestion of same has shown some promise in studies and it's bit easier to manage if you happen to live with a male partner.  Nipple stim and uterine contractions are on the list there too.  lol  I do like tea and drink RRL all the time, but I increase the brew time and amount around 36 weeks.  I can't do the cohosh because of both the vbac and the previous pph (so I guess it's Gentle Birth for me again since you can order that without RRL and Cohosh) or castor oil, but homeopathics like Pulsatilla, Cimicifuga, and Caulophyllum are ok.  And fresh pineapple, spicy foods, walking, stair climbing, swinging (like on a playground swing), acupressure and moxa on Spleen 6.

See?  Junkie!  And just as clearly, it doesn't seem like any particular method "works" for me.  LOL  Ah well, it gives me something to do and really, what harm can long walks, time with my husband, and fresh pineapple do?

We're in for another heat wave, though at least this time it doesn't feel as "wrong"... I guess I'm more willing to accept 90 degree weather in June than in May!  And today is my dd2's fourth birthday so we're having fun.  It's kind of hard letting her be "in charge" of activities today because her little brother wants to do everything she does, and do it at the exact same time, so there's some tension... like, we went to Target to spend her birthday money from grandma and she selected a doll.  But of course ds want to play with that doll too.  And since it's not only brand new, but a brand new gift she selected for herself, dd2 doesn't want to share and she doesn't want to put it away until ds loses interest.  I usually get a small gift for younger sibs on older sib birthdays to head off this sort of thing, but ds is a tough cookie... he doesn't want anything if it's not what his most beloved sister has!  (he loves dd1 too, but dd2 is his current fav... this is going to change when dd3 arrives though, as he already hugs and kisses my belly and talks about her non-stop.  I swear he "knows" her already... his devotion to my belly is almost unreal!)

#22 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 09:49 AM

I used one of those little vibrating bouncy chairs all the time. For a while, I kept it in the bathroom, and I'd put my son in it while I was showering or using the bathroom. Other things that I couldn't live without were the Boppy, lots of burp cloths/receiving blankets, and nursing pads. For carriers, I used a Moby wrap for the first couple months, then a ring sling, and then an Ergo. I never used a stroller until my son was over 1 year old, and I really wouldn't recommend registering for a travel system. I have never used the stroller part, and all it's done is take up a ton of space in my son's closet.

#23 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM

I can't survive without a baby bouncy chair... we usually have one or two (one in the bathroom, one in the kitchen/living room).  Nothing fancy, just a 20 dollar bouncer.  It is a LIFE SAVER for being able to sit down on the toilet, take a quick shower, get something hot out of the oven, etc.

I also love baby carriers... I usually go from a moby/wrap during the immediate pp period, to an ergo or similar carrier for the first year, then a new native or pouch for a toddler who wants to get up and down a lot.

Hmmm... we cloth diaper (there are places like Jillian's Drawers that will do online diaper registries) but use sposies for the first few weeks so maybe ask for a pack or two of those?  And while we don't use much on baby bottoms, we've had good luck with Method brand diaper ointment when rashes have struck.  Also Aveeno unscented baby wash, Kissaluvs bottom spray, and badger balm for mom.  :)

#24 of 33 Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM

Thanks so much for the baby stuff suggestions!  I've started a list, so y'all just helped add to it quite a bit.  It's always fun to get different opinions about what people consider essential. 

Liz - Your hula hooping class sounds like fun!  I know that's a great ab work out.  I couldn't even do it as a kid, I'd hate to see me try it now! 

#25 of 33 Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingBaby View Post

Cathy & Happy Monkey - I have already been having indigestion/heartburn for a few weeks, and its only getting more severe and happening more often.  Starting earlier and earlier in the day :(  

Did I already tell you ladies that I started a hula hooping class for fitness?  lol Its fun, and it was harder than I thought it would be!!!  :D

Ugh, I had it yesterday after I ate a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin.  greensad.gif

Hula hooping sounds fun!!

#26 of 33 Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 AM

i agree on the bouncy chair! but i am a stroller junkie. i walk everywhere and use strollers until they don't fit in them anymore. love my jogging stroller :)

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#27 of 33 Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 AM

I think strollers are great too, especially if you leave close to town and can walk there for a few grocery essentials, you can throw them in the stroller... OR for long walks they are nice too.  I loved using the baby carriers, but we also used the stroller a lot. 

We did have a bouncy chair too, I just don't remember how much we used it!  I am sure it came in handy.  I liked those bouncers that they stand in when they are a bit older.. I used to always put cheerios and raisins on them and they'd pick at them and give me a few minutes to accomplish something - like making dinner!  lol

Mmmmm Pumpkin choc chip muffin?!   Yum!

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#28 of 33 Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Ugh, I had it yesterday after I ate a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin.  greensad.gif

Hula hooping sounds fun!!

Anything pumpkin gives me heartburn, which is terrible because it is my favorite! I think it is one of the spices that is actually bothering me, either nutmeg or cloves because cinnamon by itself never bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjazzy View Post

i agree on the bouncy chair! but i am a stroller junkie. i walk everywhere and use strollers until they don't fit in them anymore. love my jogging stroller :)

I use strollers a lot now... Somehow I ended up with 5 of them! I just think the travel system strollers are a waste of money. They are so bulky and hard to open/close. I am an umbrella stroller junkie. smile.gif

Quote:

I can't survive without a baby bouncy chair... we usually have one or two (one in the bathroom, one in the kitchen/living room).  Nothing fancy, just a 20 dollar bouncer.  It is a LIFE SAVER for being able to sit down on the toilet, take a quick shower, get something hot out of the oven, etc.

I also love baby carriers... I usually go from a moby/wrap during the immediate pp period, to an ergo or similar carrier for the first year, then a new native or pouch for a toddler who wants to get up and down a lot.

Hmmm... we cloth diaper (there are places like Jillian's Drawers that will do online diaper registries) but use sposies for the first few weeks so maybe ask for a pack or two of those?  And while we don't use much on baby bottoms, we've had good luck with Method brand diaper ointment when rashes have struck.  Also Aveeno unscented baby wash, Kissaluvs bottom spray, and badger balm for mom.  :)

Target and Babies R Us have some cloth diapers on their websites, like BumGenius and Charlie Banana.

#29 of 33 Old 06-09-2011, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignerpie View Post

Anything pumpkin gives me heartburn, which is terrible because it is my favorite! I think it is one of the spices that is actually bothering me, either nutmeg or cloves because cinnamon by itself never bothers me.

It's the chocolate for me.  It happens normally if I had hot chocolate before bed.  I was sitting up in the car when I got it yesterday.greensad.gif

#30 of 33 Old 06-10-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

More heartburn today. mecry.gif  It was really uncomfortable to get in the car yesterday afternoon, twice I went out and twice she wedged herself under my pelvis, ow.  On the upside I layed down and dh, ds, and I listened to her have the hiccups.love.gif  She actually reacted to my husband pushing on my belly today, that was cool.  My ds is having a hard time waiting 3 more months. Anyone have any suggestions to help with the count down?  He won't be here for her birth, he'll be with his dad, but my goodness sometimes its really getting to me to explain why she can't come out right now.greensad.gif

We are making an appointment hopefully right after my OB appt. next week to check out the hospital.  I'm resisting, but its really important to know where it is and just get the vibe there.  Makes me want to have a UC more and more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page