Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction is not fun. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2011, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So for the last month or so I started waddling. Not cause I'm big or feel like a duck (lol!) but because my pelvis hurts when I walk. It radiates into my thighs and burns. I just chalked it up as 3rd baby, getting older...suck it up. But it got worse to the point where it made my OR job very difficult to complete and keep up with the pace. So I started looking into it and it turns out I am not just being a HUGE wuss...I have this SPD thing where the relaxin Im producing has softened my normally solid pelvis to the point where its separating. Its happens to us all to certain degrees in advance to delivery...but when it happens too much too soon. Yeah...owie!

SO...anyone had or have this joy to share and if so, what worked for you to make it feel better? Does it ever feel better? I talked to a midwife and an OB who recommended belly support and gave me some exercises to do. I need to find a good chiro who specializes in pre and post natal care. Also, I have to admit yoga was excruciating tonight. Its usually so wonderful and tonight I was in pain do anything with my lower body and was so limited I had to stop numerous times and was driven to tears of frustration. Not cool, nor what I normally get from yoga!!!

Anyway...any feedback from folks who have been there, Id love to hear from ya!

Thanks!

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 PM

DDCC...I have had this with all 4 pregnancies and it is miserable!  I just suffered through it with the first 2 because I didn't know what it was or that it had a name or that you could treat it.  With my last baby I started chiro care at about 5 months and after about 4 visits I really started to notice some significant improvement.  With my current pregnancy I was actually pain free up until about 7 months and then I started regular chiro visits again.    So that's my recommendation.  A good chiropractor who knows their stuff.  Massage can help quite a bit too.  You may have to give up the yoga for a while and do other forms of exercise.  Good luck!!

SAHM to 3 girls
Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM

I have it too, and I agree chiropractic is really helpful.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Whether you are plus sized or not, this link has the best info I've found on the subject - http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm Prior to figuring out my problem (after baby #2) I had been doing ALL the wrong things.  I'd taken Bradley classes that taught lots of squats and those are a big no no for SPD people.  Pg #3 was much better once I learned the things to do and not do.  Also, I had a good aggressive chiropractor.  Those gentle fellas just don't cut it!  I need someone that's really gonna be rough with me or else I'm back in the same pain two days after an adjustment.  In this pg, I have started using a support belt and it does help!  I only wear it when I'm doing house work or shopping, something where I'm going to be standing for a long time.  I take it off when I sit down or drive, etc.  I put it in my purse and go straight to the bathroom as soon as I get to a store and put it on before I start shopping.  It has helped tremendously.  I have two of them, actually.  I have the motherhood maternity one, which sucks and does nothing, and then I have one that's a lot more sturdy http://www.connas-views.com/camp/7210.html and it really does the trick!  I do lots of hands and knees, pelvic rocks, sitting on the birth ball, keeping my legs together as I roll over in bed, tailor sitting, etc.  It helps for sure.  But nothing completely takes it away, and worse, it seems to start earlier and earlier in each pg.  With my last couple of pregnancies, I've started to feel the burn at just a few weeks pg.  Between 5-9 weeks!

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM

Another recommendation for the chiropractor. I had it with my first pregnancy, but I assumed it was normal aches and pains of pregnancy. Like PP, it took 4 visits to feel somewhat normal again. I just had my first chiro appointment this pregnancy, and it already helped a lot.

I don't have easy access to a pool, so I haven't tried it personally, but I have heard that swimming helps. This website has tons of info: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:36 PM

Ah, Earthylady, we were replying at the same time smile.gif

My chiropractor ordered me a support belt. I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm glad to hear that it is helpful.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:48 AM

Another vote for a chiro here! I had it last pregnancy and was pretty miserable early on, as my job involves constant standing/walking.  It started earlier this time, and I was really upset at the prospect of being in pain for 30 weeks.  But, I went to the chiropractor and felt better within a few visits.  I still have difficulty rolling over in bed, and forget any kind of horizontal leg lift motion, but I can walk completely pain free for pretty much as long as I'd ever need to.  I feel as normal as I could hope for at this point in my pregnancy:)

Old 06-14-2011, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I can say now that I am aware of what my problem is and I have stopped pushing myself to do things that I shouldn't be, I am feeling a little better. Work, however, is a nightmare and Im hoping the support belt will help. I did buy the regular elastic style belt today at a maternity store today but it isnt as nice as the one Earthlady recommended. They had it though, and I am just getting online now and didnt see the link till it was too late. LOL. I'm thinking of returning it and getting the bigger one. I will look into finding a chiro who specializes in pre and post natal. Ive heard there are a few around here who are good. Now I will go check out the other links and see what I can learn from you lovely ladies! :-) Thanks again!!! stillheart.gif

Old 06-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Yeah. I walk with a cane because of SPD. I had it last time too. Chiro is useless as well as osteopathy and acupuncture. I'm usually a "find solutions" kinda person... if your problem is due to misalignment you might find relief with those modalities, but if your issue is just an extreme hyper-lax issue then there is no other solution than childbirth... and even then it will extremely worsen before it gets better. 

How's that for a depressing response? Sorry, I'm crippled and in a bad mood on top of it. 

Keep your knees together at all times (no, seriously), don't slip, don't use the stairs, don't lift anything or use your legs to push anything, and quit yoga. Hyper-lax issues get worse with yoga...

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

Old 06-14-2011, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Well I found this to be very interesting:

Cause

"No one knows why SPD occurs for sure, or why it happens in some women and not in others.  Some ethnic groups report a high incidence, especially Scandinavian women and perhaps Black women.   Other risk factors may include having lots of kids, having had large babies, pre-existing problems with this joint, past pelvic or back pain, or past trauma (car accident, obstetric trauma, etc.) that may have damaged the pelvic girdle area.   It also seems logical that women who have broken or injured their pelvis in the past would probably be prone to this problem.  

Some sources view SPD simply as a result of pregnancy hormones.  As noted, the pregnancy hormones relaxin and progesterone tend to loosen the ligaments of the body in preparation for birth.  One theory is that some women have high levels of hormones before pregnancy, and then additional pregnancy hormones cause excessive relaxation of ligaments, especially in the pelvis.  

Another theory is that some women manufacture excessive levels of relaxin during pregnancy, causing pelvic laxity.  However, although still popular, this theory seems to have been disproven by recent research. Another theory is that women whose joints are especially flexible before pregnancy may be more susceptible to the effect of hormones, or that some women's bodies are just more affected by hormones than others.  Traditional medical sources tend to view the problem of pelvic/pubic pain (when they acknowledge it at all) as simply a hormone problem.

A different theory holds that the problem is structural instead, and usually results from a misalignment of the pelvis.  In this view, if the pelvis gets out of alignment, the bones don't line up correctly in front, and this puts a lot of extra pressure on that pubic symphysis cartilage.  If the two sides are not aligned, it restricts full range of motion, pulling on the connecting pubic symphysis, and making it quite painful.  The more out of alignment it is, the more painful this area becomes.  It also tends to affect the back, especially in the sacroiliac area, since the pelvis and back are interconnected and work as a unit.  And since many areas are affected by back problems, pain can also extend to other areas too.

Kmom's personal opinion is that this condition is probably primarily a problem of misalignment, although hormone levels and sensitivity to hormones may also play a role.  In her opinion, the first line of SPD treatment should probably address the possibility of misalignment.  Others may not agree.  But whatever the cause, SPD is certainly annoying and painful to deal with, and Kmom knows this from personal experience!"

I do think, in my case, its a misalignment issue as I have had other problems in the past with my sacroiliac, which was successfully treated by a chiro. I do by nature have slack joints so I can see having a predisposition to SPD as well, although I did not have it with my previous two pregnancies.

Sarah I'm sorry to hear it has gotten that bad for you and nothing has worked. I understand how discouraging that must be and you have a right to be crabby about it. Im crabby and mine doesnt sound nearly as bad. I am going to try chiro though and see if it is another alignment issue. Im not sure about yoga just yet. My yoga teacher is awesome and wont let me do most of the poses and was all over me during class but I was SO frustrated not being able to do the poses. I love my yoga class for many reasons, one being around so many wonderful pregnant women and we take time to talk before class as well. My teacher is very kind and nurturing and I may continue even just do work on my breathing and relaxation. She is very affordable and something I enjoy just for me.

That plus size pregnancy site has a lot of great info for everyone. I saw it in my google search and didnt click on it thinking it didnt apply! Maybe they should change the name. :-) Reading all of the restrictions for birth positions is kind of daunting though. It says over and over again hire a birth attendant who is familiar with SPD and its making me really consider a doula again. Just not sure its in the budget!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 PM

I still delivered in the squat position with both of my previous births.  I TRIED to not to, but I just couldn't get a good feel for any other position and as soon as I got in the squat position it was the overwhelming, couldn't stop it if I wanted to kind of pushing.  I don't think it affected my recovery of SPD at all and I was so focused on the fact that this baby was coming out with a vengeance, I wasn't even thinking about it.  My pelvis and hips ache and burn in labor anyway, and it never got really bad.....like enough that it would concern me, it was just normal burning and aching as things stretched.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

That's good to know Earthlady, cause I was beginning to get concerned with so many limitations. I guess we just need to really listen to our bodies. My labors tend to be fast and furious and I can understand what your talking about completely! First day working with the Motherhood belt...Ill let you know if it sucks and I go get the other one! ;-) I slept with one of those big body pillows last night that are shaped like a giant shrimp. It was given to me but I never liked it cause it felt so HUGE but I tried it last night and it was pretty nice. I dont feel any better for using it this morning, pelvicly anyway, but it kept me from rolling over on my back 50x and waking up over and over again.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 AM

I think I have been having issues with this, though I was trying to be in denial about it.  I am going to try chiropractic because I am also having issues with my lower back and sciatic nerve.  My pelvis is all out of whack :(

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM

Whatever you do, don't try to push a full laundry basket across the floor with one foot.... oops.gif

Old 06-15-2011, 02:33 PM

This is the one I have from Motherhood (the brand is Loving Comfort...I think) - http://www.motherhood.com/product.asp?Product_Id=922000113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32&Media=FroogleDataFeed_09_2010  It doesn't help me at all.  But the other one I linked, which is more expensive, has been a big help.  It's more sturdy in the back and not as meshy, which makes it more powerful or something.  

And yes, don't push anything across the floor with your foot.  LOL  That's actually why I first started looking into things after #2 was born.  When he was 8 months old I used my foot to push a chair up to the kitchen table and it STILL hurt my pubic bone and I started researching knowing that was not normal.  Someone mentioned to me they had SPD in pregnancy so I looked that up and it was a total lightbulb.  Yes!  That's exactly it!  So pregnancy #3 went much better when I put to use all my new found information.  :)

Old 06-15-2011, 02:50 PM

I was diagnosed with this a week or three ago... no fun!

I considered chiro, but that probably wont happen.  I've had mixed luck with chiro in the past (it worked great after an accident, it didn't work at all for pregnancy discomfort with my second pregnancy) and when I quizzed my ICAN group the response was equally mixed... some moms found chiro wirked great for their SPD, for others it didn't.  And since time/money is tight I'm probably not going to worry about it.  Though I hope everyone who gives it a try has good luck!

I've been wearing a support belt and taking it easy... last pregnancy it didn't get this bad till the very end, around 36 weeks or so.  That it happened at 26 weeks this time doesn't make me a happy camper.  I just hope it stays at this sort of low level till the end instead fo worsening.  I'm a belly dancer, so having a wonky pelvis is a real issue.  I danced through each of my previous pregnancies and used belly dance moves during birth... this time though they hurt!

Squatting- I suffered a 4th degree tear and my dd2 developed a significant shoulder dystocia while giving birth to her in a squat so I avoid that position like the plague.  LOL  I'm told that with SPD the risk of squatting during birth isn't that it hurts but that it doesn't hurt enough.  Basically, the "this is bad, stop now" signals get trampled by the birth process and you can cause serious (lasting) damage to the joints and connective tissue by squatting more deeply than you would have been able to if the birth hormones (or medications) weren't taking care of the sensation.  My midwife suggested using a ribbon to measure the "comfortable" distance you can spread your legs, then bringing that ribbon to the birth as a "don't let me go past this width" tool, and making sure all the birth attendants know about your condition.  Hopefully it wont be necessary, but it might help!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well I wore the belly belt to work today and your right Earthlady, it didn't do jack! In fact I think I was MORE uncomfortable and I came home and slept for 2 hours! lol! I'm going to get the one you linked to cause they had it there. I am concerned with all this talk and reading of mal aligned babies from the SPD. I never even thought about this in previous pregnancies. But then again, they were cake, everything just fell into place and I never thought about anything going wrong. Unfortunately Ive had quite a few problems this time around..the baby is FINE...just me, and now Im wondering if this is going to forshadow a hard birth? Ive been doing the exercises recommended to me as well as pelvic tilts. Any of you ladies working on making sure your baby is the proper place? Do you think the spinning babies web site is the wrong direction or would help?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

Well I wore the belly belt to work today and your right Earthlady, it didn't do jack! In fact I think I was MORE uncomfortable and I came home and slept for 2 hours! lol! I'm going to get the one you linked to cause they had it there. I am concerned with all this talk and reading of mal aligned babies from the SPD. I never even thought about this in previous pregnancies. But then again, they were cake, everything just fell into place and I never thought about anything going wrong. Unfortunately Ive had quite a few problems this time around..the baby is FINE...just me, and now Im wondering if this is going to forshadow a hard birth? Ive been doing the exercises recommended to me as well as pelvic tilts. Any of you ladies working on making sure your baby is the proper place? Do you think the spinning babies web site is the wrong direction or would help?

I started seeing the chiropractor right after my son was born because the pain did not go away with the pregnancy, so that's when I knew something was wrong. She said, "You should have seen me while you were still pregnant. You probably wouldn't have had a c-section." irked.gif There were way too many factors that caused my difficult labor. I don't think changing one thing (chiro visits, for instance) would have led to a different outcome. So, what I'm trying to say is, no, I don't think that just having SPD=terrible labor. I am definitely doing what I can to get this baby in a good position, and I am using Spinning Babies as a resource.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 PM

I still use spinning babies! I love that site as it talks so much about proper alignment of moms hips. So that's a good thing with SPD! My first vbac in which I had untreated SPD was a 36 hour labor with an hour and a half of pushing and he was acynclatic. With my second vbac in which I utilized the info I'd learn about SPD, labor was 12 hours and only 17 minutes of pushing. It was a totally different experience. So *I* think it helped to know I had SPD and treat it as well as using the spinning babies, which seem to go hand in hand.

I'm sorry the belt didn't help today greensad.gif

Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

My first birth was 6 hours and my second 2 hours. I'm more afraid of rocketing her out and ripping my pelvis to shreds. Although 3rd babies are totally unpredictable, kind of like my pregnancy! lol! She feels transverse most of the time or breech but Im 26 weeks and didnt really think about it being a big deal for another month or longer. I could be wrong about her position cause she moves SO much, Im just going on where I feel most of the tap dancing. energy.gifI will look into the spinning babies more and finding a good chiro experienced with this subject!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 PM

My situation was a little different, but when I was 39 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, I injured my pelvis really badly (long story short, I saw a toddler about to get backed over by a car, and took off in a dead sprint and felt my pubic symphysis just...*pop*...and then couldn't walk or lift my legs).  I was terrified of what this would mean for my birth.  My husband drove the car up next to me so I could sort of...fall into the seat, and then drove home and right up to our front door, through which he then sort of dragged me to the couch.  I couldn't walk at all for several days--literally couldn't lift my legs; it was like they were cemented into the floor.  I started walking with crutches about 5 or so days after it happened, and saw a chiropractor (who is trained in Webster technique and experienced with pregnancy).  By the time I went into labor (40 weeks, 5 days, if I remember correctly), I was hobbling around without the crutches, but still pretty uncomfortable.

I say all this, though, to reassure you--when I went into labor, I was not moving as well as normal, but it didn't have a huge effect on how I labored.  I had a really pleasant labor, 6 hours or so, and then a pretty quick birth to a 10 lb. baby.  The birth was no more painful for having that injury, and it improved drastically afterwards (there was something to be said for getting the big baby off/out of my pelvis, I think).  

Anyway, I'm sorry you're dealing with this--I know how painful and debilitating it can be--but I wouldn't let it give you much anxiety about the birth itself.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:19 PM

I have had this with all 4 pregnancies and it definitely is no fun. I feel like a creaky skeleton! My pain is not constant. I have found this time that peppering my day with light exercise and activity actually helps, even though it hurts a bit when I first start moving. The worst is waking in the morning. A few things that have helped me (silly as these are!)-crawling on all fours in the evenings to pick up toys or stuff of the floor and going up the stairs with a 'monkey crawl'. LOL but I do have to convince my little guys that I am not playing 'horsey'! I'm sure I look ridiculous, but it feels a heck of a lot better than walking!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:44 PM

I've had it with all four of my pregnancies as well. I hear nothing but good things about chiro but I couldn't ever afford to go. I do think a hot bath helps and sometimes my husband will do a hip/tailbone massage that helps too.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I have good news! I found a chiropractor in my area trained in the Webster Method and went to see her today...and my insurance covers it too! So only a co-pay! Yay!  I feel SO much better already but I have to admit I have always responded very well to chiropractic care. She did some myofacial work and gentle adjustments (none of the big "snap pop" stuff) and worked with me for an hour. She used this clicking tool that tapped my bones, no idea what that was but it was new to me. My mobility has greatly improved, I even feel..lighter...if you will. Considering your your uterus is attached to your sacrum, and your sacrum to your hips and hips to your pubic bone, it all makes sense.I feel in better alignment already. I highly recommend finding a good chiro in your area trained in these methods if anyone is still having these troubles.. I know everyone responds differently to chiropractic care but for me after one visit it a huge difference and for the better. I know that a lot of this is hormonal and its not going to make the relaxin issue go away and my cartiledge is already jello but I certainly feel better aligned. My uterus feels like its in a happier place too! I hope baby is also feeling good as well. :-) Honestly, I even feel better in spirits which I'm sure has something to do with the fact my pain has been cut down greatly. I came home from my appointment, made pizza on the grill and spent an hour in the garden planting sprouts with my daughter when usually Id be on the couch wishing I could do more. She helped me with some take home exercises and Juggling3, your cleaning toys on hands and knees is perfect...whether you know it or not your doing pelvic tilts and a modified child pose that is fantastic for this issue! Also, the chiro and my MW friend both told me to do a buddy exercise:lay on your back, knees up. Have your buddy hold your knees almost shut while you push for 3 seconds. Do this 3 times as your legs go further out each time. Then have your buddy place their hand on the inside of your knees while you press out 3 seconds at a time as you bring them further together each time. Ive found doing that at home before bed helps me not wake up so "creaky" in the morning. Supposedly it helps with alignment and strengthening the pelvis.

Thanks again ladies! thumb.gif

Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

I came home from my appointment, made pizza on the grill and spent an hour in the garden planting sprouts with my daughter when usually Id be on the couch wishing I could do more.

I'm so glad seeing the chiropractor helped! Just be careful not to overdo it too quickly. I know it's such a relief to finally feel like you can get something done, but you don't want to undo everything the chiro did for you!

I am terrible about that. After my last appointment, I felt so much better that I decided to scrub my bathtub. It needed it so bad... I am completely ashamed to admit how long it had been.... big mistake. So tomorrow I get to limp back to her for another adjustment. duh.gif

Old 06-21-2011, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

I was thinking the same thing and I slept like crap too cause I was uncomfortable. Hope I didn't over do it! I have another apt on thursday.... Im so good at pushing myself! lol

Old 06-21-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggling3 View Post

A few things that have helped me (silly as these are!)-crawling on all fours in the evenings to pick up toys or stuff of the floor and going up the stairs with a 'monkey crawl'. LOL but I do have to convince my little guys that I am not playing 'horsey'! I'm sure I look ridiculous, but it feels a heck of a lot better than walking!

It's funny because one of the things that makes me about a thousand times worse is being on my hands and knees. I have to avoid pressure on my knees at all times.

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 PM

I got my support belt from the chiro today, and I realized that it's the Loving Comfort belt that Earthylady linked a few posts back. We ordered that one because of the ventilation in the back, since I still have the summer to get through. So far, I love it. It instantly took that pressure off my hips and just made me feel more balanced overall. I hope it holds up over the next few months.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:06 PM

I am suffering with this and my midwife has strongly recommended seeing a chiro who she has recommended to me - this chiro is female and specializes in pregnancy. I have never been to a chiro and am nervous and concerned about the cost (it is considered out of network and would be applied to my insurance deductible, so it's out of pocket at the discounted rate). Most of my birth costs (homebirth) will also be out of pocket and I'm going on unpaid leave when the baby comes so the $$ is a real consideration in this decision.

I experienced this to some degree in each of my last two pregnancies as well, at about the same point. So I am really not sure if it's an alignment issue or just how my body does pregnancy. I have a Medela support belt and can't say it's been helping.

Just wondering how those of you who have been dealing with this are doing now, and if you are still seeing a chiro or have begun seeing a chiro. My midwife is really concerned that I am feeling as much discomfort as I am, this early (33 weeks) and wants me to do something about it as she's concerned about my lack of mobility. She is huge on exercise. I too would love to be able to walk at least 30 minutes for exercise and haven't been able to do that in many, many weeks. All I can do is water aerobics class which is only twice a week and some of the movements in the class are even starting to bother me.

For those of you who have this but haven't been seeing a chiro, are you doing anything else such as pelvic exercises, and if so, has it helped?

Anyway, just looking for some updates from those of you who are further along and have been taking steps to treat this before I seriously consider shelling out $100 for an initial appointment with a chiro...

Old 08-10-2011, 01:01 PM

Gracecody, I totally understand the money issue. I am paying $3,000 out of pocket for my midwife, plus $65 for each chiro visit. I'm a SAHM, so we live just on my husband's salary which is barely enough to get by. It's not easy to rearrange the budget to accommodate these visits.

That being said, the chiro is worth every penny. I would gladly eat ramen noodles for 2 weeks to afford going to see her. I didn't start seeing her until somewhere around 28 weeks, and I wish I would have started sooner. With my first pregnancy, I thought the pain was normal, so I didn't go at all until after my son was born. The pain actually got worse, to the point I could barely walk.

If you are already out of alignment, the belt is not going to help because it just holds you in an improper way. The combination of getting adjusted and then wearing the support belt really works for me. The chiro lines you up, and the belt helps to keep you there.

If I was in your place, I would bite the bullet and spend the money on the chiro. But, whatever you decide to do, I hope you are able to find relief. smile.gif

User Tag List