Sex right now is.... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

definitely not all it is cracked up to be.  Ow!

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 03:14 PM

...is awesome!!! but a little...awkward LOL my belly gets in the way and one night we had to stop bc i put my damn back out! seriously, the things we put up with. when i'm not hurting myself though, it's amazing. and DH is enjoying the perks too ;)

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM

totally jealous. DH is not feeling it with me pregnant, which has surprised us both greatly and leaves me feeling like I want it more than ever! But when we do its so freaking awkward anyway...so not like us. weve always had a pretty amazing sex life and now its come to a screaming hault. POOP.

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 PM

I'm with you, Dlynn.  Hardly seems fair.  My other pregnancies, I had no sex drive at all, so it wasn't a big deal, but this time I want it all the time!  And even more so because he doesn't seem to want to. 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 07-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Makes me feel pretty bummed. he is super attentive in all the other good ways and Im so grateful for that but this one he seems totally freaked out on and he isnt someone who is bothered by bodily functions, blood or anything. Makes me feel pretty "special". Makes me want to make sure he is behind me for the birth in fear he will never want to have sex with me again if he sees the whole birth. I honestly expected him to see me as sexy and fertile and desirable it couldnt be further from the case. He tells me Im beautiful all the time but in one very long deep conversation he admitted that he doesnt find pregnancy sexy at all. It was pretty heartbreaking but Im glad we could talk about it. He felt pretty guilty about it and had been keeping it from me for a while. Again, all of this a total shocker for me. If anything, it's been a turn off and my sex drive took a dip too because Im not interested in pity sex. Im trying to make sure I dont dwell on it too much cause it always leads to dissapointment and me feeling not so great about myself. Ive gained 18lbs at 30 weeks, its not like I look at all that different. He looks at me like Im fragile and Im really not appreciating it at all. Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

I'm with you, Dlynn.  Hardly seems fair.  My other pregnancies, I had no sex drive at all, so it wasn't a big deal, but this time I want it all the time!  And even more so because he doesn't seem to want to. 

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The moment has passed here. I really wanted it and we had lots of fun. But now..it is just too difficult! So..maybe it stopped being fun around 28 weeks? I will be 30 tomorrow.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:01 PM

This is the boat I'm in!  Sick for the first 5 months, and when I wasn't sick I was completely exhausted, I never did get the second trimester energy burst this time around.  Now I'm huge and can barely get comfortable just lying in bed!  At night it's heartburn, restless leg syndrome, and back pain from chasing a toddler all day, in the morning it's hip pain, shoulder pain and calf cramps.  Plus this baby seems to move 24 hours a day, pretty sure she doesn't sleep, that's a bit of a distraction for me.  Oh and no matter how much water I drink the Braxton Hicks do not seem to go away, can't imagine what sex would do to that, and not much desire to find out at this point.  We talked about it though and agreed to regroup and start working on that part of our relationship again after the baby is born and things start to return to some form of normalcy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Lyn View Post

First 16 weeks I threw up every day with 24 hour nausea; now it takes three tries just to roll over comfortably.   You can imagine what sex has been like!    irked.gif

User Tag List