Baby name roll call! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 07-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I love the Max and Ruby books!

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
#32 of 51 Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lovin' the names!!

We're having Alice Coraline love.gif

Our alternate name (if she had been a boy) was Ronin Oliver.

tjjazzy likes this.

treehugger.gif

#33 of 51 Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 PM

Max & Ruby is my favorite kids show!!!!!  Poor Max is always getting into trouble, my son sits and yells "Max don't" at the TV!  Now I want a Max & Ruby, but our sons already got a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post

Frances Noelle or Maxwell Koen or (Cohen) havn't decided on spelling....we think it's a boy!

funny thing is I have a Ruby so I guess I will have a Max & Ruby! we don't watch cable so we are not the aware of this show...but we're going with it anyway!

#34 of 51 Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Ok, I think we've FINALLY got a name.  The other day I asked my 3 year old son if he liked each of the names on our list one at a time and he picked the first one, repeatedly.  Thinking maybe I swayed him I got my husband to ask him tonight, he started in a different order and when he said the first name our son said the name he'd picked the other day instead.  So I think we've decided on Sydney Dawn, Dawn is my middle name and I've always liked it, plus it goes well with just about any first name and DH feels that our kids should have a middle name from my side of the family since they get his last name, his acknowledgment and understanding to my feminist side.  Who knows though, we've changed our minds so many times already we may change again before she's born.

#35 of 51 Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 AM

We are naming our baby Ava. No flames please! Last time I posted that here, I was criticized for it.

#36 of 51 Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa1970 View Post

We are naming our baby Ava. No flames please! Last time I posted that here, I was criticized for it.

stillheart.gif the name Ava.

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#37 of 51 Old 07-14-2011, 10:08 AM

I am starting to think more about our 3rd choice name... Conrad...  Any thoughts on this name?

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

#38 of 51 Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM

We're pretty set on naming our little girl Magdalen Grace.  Grace is a family name for me and also my middle name, and I love the role Mary Magdalene plays as the "apostle to the apostles" after the resurrection.  (My hubby and I are both ministers -- can you tell?)

But her in utero name has been Penelope, and suddenly I find it creeping up on me as kind of a cool name.  Hmm.

#39 of 51 Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 PM

I *heart* the name Magdalen. Penelope is pretty cool too.

#40 of 51 Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM

My husband is Italian and so we have went with that theme for the kids names.

DD is Gioia (pronounced Joy-Ah)

DS is Dominic

DS#2 is Luca

Giovanni was in the running for a name last time but he was definitely a Luca. DH would be fine going with that but I am not 100%. We definitely are having trouble with a girls name. He likes Francesca but I am thinking everyone will call her Fran which is not my favorite at all. We like Cinza (pronounced Chin-zee-Ah) and it means Cynthia (english translation).  A funny story is when I was a kid I named all my dolls Cindy. SO my mom thinks we should go with that. Only problem is that GIoia is a family name and DH has an aunt name Cinza. SHe would be honored but I guess I was trying to be more original.

So i guess Giovanni and Cinza are the top runners.

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

#41 of 51 Old 08-01-2011, 05:43 AM

We are having a boy...Griffin Brian! (Brian after my FIL who passed away young last October.) People keep asking me if I like Family Guy. I finally looked into why they were asking me that and found out one of the characters names is Brian Griffin...that has nothing to do with his name:) Oh and we are not Harry Potter fanatics either. We just loved the name Griffin and of course wanted to honor our dad :) If we ever have a girl her name will be Elouise (after my grandmother Helen Louise).

I really like the name Harper and Hawke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparkly View Post

Our list is too long, really.

Harper

Willow

Forrest

Eben
Stone
Larkin
Frost
River
Hawke
Arlo
Hudson
Annika
Garland
Lark
Maeve
Moon
Juniper
Marley
Marlena

We really need help narrowing it down. Any thoughts (positive/negative) are welcome.

#42 of 51 Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 AM

We are having a boy...Griffin Brian! (Brian after my FIL who passed away young last October.) People keep asking me if I like Family Guy. I finally looked into why they were asking me that and found out one of the characters names is Brian Griffin...that has nothing to do with his name:) Oh and we are not Harry Potter fanatics either. We just loved the name Griffin and of course wanted to honor our dad :) If we ever have a girl her name will be Elouise (after my grandmother Helen Louise).

I really like the name Harper and Hawke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparkly View Post

Our list is too long, really.

Harper

Willow

Forrest

Eben
Stone
Larkin
Frost
River
Hawke
Arlo
Hudson
Annika
Garland
Lark
Maeve
Moon
Juniper
Marley
Marlena

We really need help narrowing it down. Any thoughts (positive/negative) are welcome.

#43 of 51 Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
L J

This baby is Catherine Diane. Diane is my mom's name, and Catherine has always been my #1 baby name. Harper is a big favorite of mine, too - I think its a great name. smile.gif

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#44 of 51 Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 PM

We've decided on Kai for our little boy which means sea/ocean. I'm from the Carribean and really wanted a name that would tie him to his roots, given we live SO far away from the Carribean. I didn't want to do anything in Spanish, and so I island hopped, ended up in Hawaii, and there you have it!

We were convinced we were having a girl until right before our only u/s when I told DH we HAD to find a boy name. No middle name, a) because it took too much work to agree on the one we found, and b) because he's getting a hyphenated last name...it just seems like too much.

RavenRT, my sister's name is Marley, and it is the most fun name ever! Whenever she introduces herself she says "Marley, as in Bob"...super rare too, I've never met another one!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#45 of 51 Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 AM

We're having trouble agreeing on a name.  BF doesn't really like Violet--he says he doesn't hate it, but he doesn't seem to love it either.  I on the other hand, have really bonded with the name and kind of have my heart set on it now.  And since he hadn't given me any other suggestions, I was sort of thinking that would end up being the name.  But now he came up with one he likes.  I don't hate his name either, it's quite nice actually, but I just really do have my heart set on Violet.  He likes Raine.  I think Raine would make a great middle name.  I hate to not use his name because he was feeling left out that I've made most of the decisions this pregnancy and really want to give his suggestion a fair shake, but I just don't know.  It's a nice name, but it just doesn't feel like The Name to me.

So our little girl is still nameless.  :(

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#46 of 51 Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM

Marley! I LOVE THAT! And I love how she clarifies it! When I introduce myself people sometimes don't hear it correctly...sometimes they think my name is Raisin.. haha that makes me giggle. So now I say "Raven...like the bird." :) I like that. But I really love the name Marley! I am going to have to keep that in my back pocket!

Kai is a wonderful name! and I love that it is connected to your roots! Very beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ChicknLil View Post

We've decided on Kai for our little boy which means sea/ocean. I'm from the Carribean and really wanted a name that would tie him to his roots, given we live SO far away from the Carribean. I didn't want to do anything in Spanish, and so I island hopped, ended up in Hawaii, and there you have it!

We were convinced we were having a girl until right before our only u/s when I told DH we HAD to find a boy name. No middle name, a) because it took too much work to agree on the one we found, and b) because he's getting a hyphenated last name...it just seems like too much.

RavenRT, my sister's name is Marley, and it is the most fun name ever! Whenever she introduces herself she says "Marley, as in Bob"...super rare too, I've never met another one!

#47 of 51 Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM

Raisin...that's hysterical :)

Whichever way you go, that's one lucky baby! It is quite a list though...and not entirely too much time left!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#48 of 51 Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 PM

We're naming our little man Alfie, but we have yet to pick a middle name.  I had a really hard time with picking anything this time.  We had such a short list of names for ds last time, and I even joked that we couldn't have another baby because if we had a boy, I wouldn't know what to name him.  Well, here we are.  And since my short list from last time, I've met friends who have kids with almost all those names. My second choice last time was Noam (sounds like no-um), but since then my cousin had a baby born still who she named Noah, so I think it's too close to his name.  I didn't really want to ask her because I didn't want her to feel like she had to say it was ok, even if it bothered her.  So we just abandoned the name, sadly.  Oh well, I like Alfie a lot.  

DS's original choices for this baby were-- Pasta Boy, Suitcase, and Oliver (which is his name).  But as it turns out, he loves the name we picked. :)

#49 of 51 Old 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMama View Post

DS's original choices for this baby were-- Pasta Boy, Suitcase, and Oliver (which is his name).  But as it turns out, he loves the name we picked. :)

Hahahah

My kids have chosen:

Sunbutter-to-go but if it's a girl it will be Sunbutter-and-Jelly-to-go.

DH and I have no idea.  I guess I just don't stress about this stuff.  Neither of our kids were named before Day 3 (DD was more like Day 5 I think?).  I like to see the baby cause sometimes the name that comes is so not one we would have thought before we saw them!

I do like Pasta Boy though ;)  lol

#50 of 51 Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 PM

The name we chose, well actually out 3-year old kind of chose it, I've bonded with as well, but same situation, DH says he likes it and it's "ok", but I can't get him to say it's "the" name.  His two choices are nice as well but I can't say they're favorites of mine, one reminds me a little bit of an ex, his older sister who died tragically quite young had the name, it's not really an issue, it's a very long ago ex that I never kept touch with, but I keep thinking if that's what pops into my head now, when I hear that name I'd hate to name my baby that and have that same thought everytime I hear her name, just doesn't seem right.  On the other hand, I've held off calling the baby by the name we chose, Sydney, so I don't get too attached to it in case he changes his mind, but he's been calling her that.  I'm thinking once we see her we'll know for sure.  For our son we toyed with the name Axel James (or another J middle name so he could go by AJ), Axel was one of my grandfather's middle names, which I was surprised to learn has become quite popular, but as soon as he was born our first pick, Brady, suited him so much that no other name would work. 

Good luck but I really think you'll both know once she's born!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

We're having trouble agreeing on a name.  BF doesn't really like Violet--he says he doesn't hate it, but he doesn't seem to love it either.  I on the other hand, have really bonded with the name and kind of have my heart set on it now.  And since he hadn't given me any other suggestions, I was sort of thinking that would end up being the name.  But now he came up with one he likes.  I don't hate his name either, it's quite nice actually, but I just really do have my heart set on Violet.  He likes Raine.  I think Raine would make a great middle name.  I hate to not use his name because he was feeling left out that I've made most of the decisions this pregnancy and really want to give his suggestion a fair shake, but I just don't know.  It's a nice name, but it just doesn't feel like The Name to me.

So our little girl is still nameless.  :(

#51 of 51 Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM

If it's a girl she will probably be Althea. If it's a boy we have NO idea. One name we like is Miles, but I'm not totally sold. If it's a boy DH really wants his middle name to be Jacob after his best friend who passed years ago...it was also my grandpa's middle name. I need more boy names if anyone has any ideas!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page