Baby name roll call! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Beautiful Mamas!

I've been thinking a lot about names lately, and wondering who has decided and if you want to share! 

For us, if we have a little girl, she will be Cassidy Faye, which I have always loved and dh agreed recently that he loves it too.  

And for a little boy, its still undecided... but we have a couple of options .... we thought of Caleb Ryan ( even though its a little biblical and we aren't religious at all ) and a name I thought of today ... more out there... but thats kind of what I want.  Rivan Rai ( Rivan is Indian for star and Rai is Japanese for lightning, thunder, balance and its pronounced Rye-EE)  

Anyway.... just thought I'd put this thread out there....

Looking forward to hearing what yall have chosen! 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#2 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 AM

We know we're having a boy so that makes it easier ;) but we just haven't gotten around to really looking through names yet. The only one we have picked out that we like is Luke but we don't like it enough to just go with it. I suppose it is time to get going on this, looking forward to seeing what you all have chosen.

ps, I like Caleb too!

#3 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM

Oscar.  :)

#4 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Fun post! I love the name Caleb.

Our little boy is going to be Malcolm Michael (Michael for my dad). He'll be called Mal. (And yes, we're also fans of Firefly orngbiggrin.gif)

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#5 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM

Our poor son will never be named. *lol* If my husband agrees, his name will be Levi Daniel. If not, who knows? Middle name is definitely Daniel though because of the Daniel Fast we were on when we conceived him. I was praying for a healthy pregnancy when God wanted it and my husband was praying for a new job (which we're waiting for an offer on) while we did this Daniel Fast.

#6 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM

My son is Daniel :) After my husband...

anyway, this is girl #3 for us, and I really want the name Olivia Marie. Maria is my moms name, so it's a variation of her name. Alll my kids have a family name and Bible name (some combined), and Marie would be a variation of Mary. At least that's how we're justifying it :)

DH likes Olivia, but prefers Charlotte. I *will* win! :)

#7 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM

Magdalena Mae.  Maggie for short.  Maggie is very Scottish, my dh has Scottish roots on both sides and it seems fitting. 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#8 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Magdalena Mae.  Maggie for short.  Maggie is very Scottish, my dh has Scottish roots on both sides and it seems fitting. 

Ooooh, I absolutely LOVE that!  Have you got any suggestions for boy names?  I am so stuck. ;)

#9 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 PM

Kellen? Ryland? Just throwing out a couple :)

#10 of 51 Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 PM

I am really more and more thinking this baby girl will be Violet.  I like Violet Eve, Violet Jolene (Joanne + Darlene are our mothers' names, so it's kind of a combo,) Violet Aurora (the baby I lost shortly before I got pg this time was named Aurora...is it weird to use that as a middle name?) or Violet Yvaine (evening star.)  BF isn't sure yet if he likes Violet, but unless he starts giving me more input, that's what it will be lol.  My two fallback choices are Ruby and Alice.  And if he doesn't like any of those, I have the rest of my list, but these are my very favourites. 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#11 of 51 Old 07-01-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Ooooh, I absolutely LOVE that!  Have you got any suggestions for boy names?  I am so stuck. ;)

You know what's funny is the boy name we picked out is very biblical and Jewish.  lol.gif  Elijah Matthew.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#12 of 51 Old 07-01-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

I am really more and more thinking this baby girl will be Violet.  I like Violet Eve, Violet Jolene (Joanne + Darlene are our mothers' names, so it's kind of a combo,) Violet Aurora (the baby I lost shortly before I got pg this time was named Aurora...is it weird to use that as a middle name?) or Violet Yvaine (evening star.)  BF isn't sure yet if he likes Violet, but unless he starts giving me more input, that's what it will be lol.  My two fallback choices are Ruby and Alice.  And if he doesn't like any of those, I have the rest of my list, but these are my very favourites. 

I heartbeat.gif Alice, but that was a name I was going to use if my ex and I had a girl after his grandmother.

#13 of 51 Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 AM

I love Violet! I thought about it, too, but our last name has a lot of Ts in it, and it didn't sound very good. Same with Juliet. That was my first choice, but we settled on Julia, since it sounds better with our last name. The middle name will be Ruth, after my husband's grandmother.

I always thought I was going to have 2 boys, and I already had the name Andrew David picked out. I guess there is always time for another, but I really think after a boy and a girl, I'm done!

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#14 of 51 Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 AM

We're having a Matthew Evan!  heartbeat.gif

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#15 of 51 Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 PM

I am feeling SO stuck for names, by this point we had our sons name picked so I'm starting to panic that we won't find a name.  Years ago we agreed that a girl would be Ashley, or Ashleigh, but when researching online names I found some opinions from people who have that name that say it's way too common and that makes it very plain and boring, not to mention annoying.  We also love Sydney, but I'm worried that's becoming to common.  The only other name we've agreed on is Jaimie, but I can't say it's my favorite.  Our mothers middle names are Jean and Lynn, so I thought about combining them for Jealynn (pronounced Jay-ah-lynn) but DH's cousin named their little girl Jeah, which is way to close.  I love names like Rylie or Raelynn, but those are too close to DH's brothers name.  It seems like every name we like is either taken or too close to someone elses.  We're not telling anyone we know our names, so I can't really get any feedback from anyone else so I need help!  I tend to like really pretty girly names that aren't overly unique but obviously I don't want her to go to school with 10 little girls with the exact same name.  Any ideas?

#16 of 51 Old 07-02-2011, 09:41 PM

We are having twin girls: Jade Kennedy and Jemma Taylor.  We have a 3 year old dd named Jules Madison and I like the way they all sound together.  And no we are not political but just went with a theme:)  Silly, I know but kind of fun.  Oh and we all have "J" names!

P.S. Smurfy, I like the name Ashley.  Yes, it is common but not among the youngsters.  I know a couple Ashleys that are my age but no little ones:)

Wife to my loving husband, James.  Mother to a beautiful daughter, Jules (8/6/08).  Expecting twin girls September 19th, Jade and Jemma.

#17 of 51 Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Our list is too long, really.

Harper

Willow

Forrest

Eben
Stone
Larkin
Frost
River
Hawke
Arlo
Hudson
Annika
Garland
Lark
Maeve
Moon
Juniper
Marley
Marlena

We really need help narrowing it down. Any thoughts (positive/negative) are welcome.

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#18 of 51 Old 07-03-2011, 12:15 PM

I really like Stone.  Also like Harper, Hudson and Marlena.  Not a big fan of the nature names.  Good Luck!!

Wife to my loving husband, James.  Mother to a beautiful daughter, Jules (8/6/08).  Expecting twin girls September 19th, Jade and Jemma.

#19 of 51 Old 07-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparkly View Post

Our list is too long, really.

Harper

Willow

Forrest

Eben
Stone
Larkin
Frost
River
Hawke
Arlo
Hudson
Annika
Garland
Lark
Maeve
Moon
Juniper
Marley
Marlena

We really need help narrowing it down. Any thoughts (positive/negative) are welcome.

I love the name Harper! It looks like we have similar likes on names! We are having a girl and her name will be River Ann. Our boy name was Garland, which is a family name but I LOVE it too!

Married to a rad dad since 2005! Mommy to DS since 6-24-07! TTC #2 for 1 1/2 years...Joyfully EXPECTING #2 on 9/11!!!!
#20 of 51 Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Nothing is set in stone, but right now we're leaning toward Ingrid for a girl and August for a boy.

Emma Bryan Fuller likes this.
#21 of 51 Old 07-03-2011, 08:25 PM

I like Harper!! 

We've added a new name to our list, simple and once upon a time very common but not so much anymore, Carrie.  DH doesn't really like it with our last name though, but we both like it, so it may be in the running. 

#22 of 51 Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 AM

I'm having a Matthew too!

And the backup names (in case there's two, which I still think is possible - and in case the early u/s was wrong about the sex) are Isaiah (for a second boy), Elizabeth (if it's a girl or if there's a girl and a boy) and Madeline (for a second girl). All the middle names are family names, not English sounding, but very identifying, so I'm leaving them out.

Moo.

#23 of 51 Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpajama View Post

Nothing is set in stone, but right now we're leaning toward Ingrid for a girl and August for a boy.

I ADORE those names... I had considered August too. Love it!

Moo.

#24 of 51 Old 07-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Aiden Micheal. Aiden means "little fire" and he is going to need a little fire to get through a very rough few month of his life (going to need surgery after he is born). My husband is Adam and I am Allison. We didn't intentionally pick another "A" name but apparently we seem to like them.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#25 of 51 Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 PM

So many nice names! 

Our list is still quite long, a few favourites have emerged but nothing I feel really confident about just yet. Last time I was so sure that it was a boy and had two very clear front runners (Harrison & Kiefer) pretty early on that it was pretty easy to pick when DH said to me at our ultrasound (where we didn't find out), "doesn't that look like a Kiefer?"  His gut reaction sealed the deal! I did have a bit of panic in the last month of pregnancy when I realized that I didn't love our girl pick anymore (Grace) and it was only after my due date that we narrowed our girls' name down to two new names.

This time, it's been much tougher.  I go back and forth about whether this baby is a she or a he and so I'm really having to think about both options and I just wonder if it gets harder knowing you only have so many more chances to use the names you love?

Some potential names in no particular order are (I group similar ones together):
Harrison/Henry, Owen/Rowan, Finlay/Finn, Arlo, Elias/Eli, Samuel, Angus, Colm (we worry pronunciation will be an issue), and Declan (worried about the repetition of the "lan"/"lyn" with our surname's last syllable
); and Esmé, Isla, Poppy, Rowan, Piper (not sure if I want another "er" ending this time), Stella, Ruby (Pearl would be the second middle name, too many gems?), Daisy, Maguire (Maggie), Avery (loved it when Colleen Dewhurst was on Murphy Brown, but it's definitely pretty common now) and Finley (not sure I want to use this boy favourite of mine just yet).

Our last name is Scottish and with the exception of Caitlin and Madeleine (the "lyn" endings) everything sounds pretty good with it (and those were too long time favourites before I met DH!), so any suggestions/'thoughts? I like names that flow together, but I'm not too keen on anything too matchy matchy so a surname is definitely not a requirement and we'd like to avoid another K name.
#26 of 51 Old 07-05-2011, 10:08 AM

Great names! Samuel or Maxwell and David as the middle.

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

#27 of 51 Old 07-07-2011, 03:20 PM

We chose Andrew James (AJ) for a boy and Madison Noelle for a girl.. Unless the u/s was wrong, it looks like it will definitely be AJ... Andrew is for my stepdad who has been such a wonderful influence and James is for both daddy and his daddy

#28 of 51 Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Being an avid herbie, I love nature names, but our little girl will be Vera Rae (well, for right now) smile.gif

#29 of 51 Old 07-09-2011, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Frances Noelle or Maxwell Koen or (Cohen) havn't decided on spelling....we think it's a boy!

funny thing is I have a Ruby so I guess I will have a Max & Ruby! we don't watch cable so we are not the aware of this show...but we're going with it anyway!

#30 of 51 Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Max and Ruby!  Love it! 

I really like Vera too, abelitz. 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page