is this normal? strange anatomy question-definitely tmi-you have been warned!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-09-2011, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm apologizing now for giving you all a bad visual, but here goes...

ok, so how do i phrase this...

maybe it's the pressure from the baby, or whatever, but it feel like my labia are hanging out all over the place!!  even when i pull up my underwear, i can feel it "rubbing" in a not so nice way, and if i touch the crotch of my underwear, it's bulging.  could that be normal swelling?  i don't even know anymore.

i don't remember this happening with ds, but hey that was 3 years and 1 pregnancy ago, so who knows.  anyone else?  thoughts?

Danielle, bf'ing, cd'ing, bw'ing, ap'ing, SAHM to DD Avery (12-1-04) blahblah.gif DS Linus (10-31-07)bouncy.gif and DD Nilah (9-17-11) babygirl.gif

always and forever remembering angel1.gif (6-9-10)

#2 of 9 Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM

You could have varicose veins on your vulva?  Do you see any bulging veins in the area?  VV can get worse with each pregnancy.  I am on pregnancy #7 and have terrible VV on my right leg and yes, "there!"  They will clear up (or should clear up) after delivery.

#3 of 9 Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

no, i don't think there are any varicose veins there.  i do have them on my leg, but i don't think they're any bigger than before pg.  weird.

Danielle, bf'ing, cd'ing, bw'ing, ap'ing, SAHM to DD Avery (12-1-04) blahblah.gif DS Linus (10-31-07)bouncy.gif and DD Nilah (9-17-11) babygirl.gif

always and forever remembering angel1.gif (6-9-10)

#4 of 9 Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 PM

I have this too... I think it's pretty normal to have extra blood flow down there, as there's just extra blood flow everywhere, but especially there. Not that I know anything about this, but I hear it makes for a better time in the bedroom...? whistling.gif

Moo.

#5 of 9 Old 08-13-2011, 10:50 AM

I totally have been thinking about this too! I've had a bulging swollen labia for months now.  At least I think its my labia.  And I believe its only one side of it... I showed my mw and she didn't feel it would interfere with the birth.  But, in the last couple of weeks, I've started worrying that the pressure on it during birth could cause pain.  It couldn't burst could it? yipes. 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#6 of 9 Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM

I also have gotten pretty bad varicose veins up and down my right leg. 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#7 of 9 Old 08-13-2011, 01:41 PM

I don't have any vericose veins, but I totally have swollen, bulging crotch area.  I noticed it just before #2 was born, and with the #3, and now #4, it has started sooner in the pregnancy.  I feel like I've gained weight down there.  I find it kinda gross and very embarrasing, but that's me.  Anyway, it completely went away shortly after delivery!

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#8 of 9 Old 08-14-2011, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Me too (bulging area between legs. It's definitely not varicose veins.. just baby's head putting pressure on it. After my last birth I felt like I had testicles... seriously. Looked like it too. The muscle really swelled out. I don't know if that happens to everyone or not... I had no idea it was even possible. It took a week or two for things to shrink up to where they belonged. I think 3 weeks total to feel pretty normal (I had 2x level 1 tears, and 1x level 3). Maybe it was the swelling from them that impacted me.

#9 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM

It's probably a labial varicosity. I have one and it causes a lot of pressure down there, and it bulges. It doesn't really "look" like a vein though. I find putting a cotton pad with witch hazel on it really helps with the pressure and swelling.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page