Signs of Impending Labor? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMama View Post
I'm just hoping I go to 37 weeks and not much more than that, as this baby will probably be big like his brother (8lbs 12 oz, 4 weeks early) praying.gif

Same here, hoping to go to 38 probably as my daughter was born in my 38th week and was 8,1 - son was born at 40 weeks at 9,15. So hoping this little boy decides he's finished ripening before he gets into the 10 lb range! :) 8,12 at 36 weeks is quite amazing!!

#32 of 33 Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Same here, hoping to go to 38 probably as my daughter was born in my 38th week and was 8,1 - son was born at 40 weeks at 9,15. So hoping this little boy decides he's finished ripening before he gets into the 10 lb range! :) 8,12 at 36 weeks is quite amazing!!

Hah, yeah, the OBs I'm also seeing would not shut up about it for the first half of my pregnancy, and I just recently had to turn down an ultrasound to check size because I know they want to induce me for size, which is not evidence-based medicine at all.  Barring complications like GD, there's no benefit to mother or baby for inducing due to a suspected big baby, and in fact it just results in more c-sections.  And that's even based on a study recognized (and published on their websites) by AAFP & ACOG So, no thanks :)

I had a visit with them today and they did an internal since they were also doing the GBS test, and I'm at about 1 cm but not really effaced at all.  I'm hoping I go maybe another 12 days, and I'll be ready:)

#33 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

My son has definitely dropped lower in the last week or so - I can eat again! Literally whole plates of food. Last night I had three helpings of dinner. Crazy absurd, but I'm hungry all the time and it seems like I finally have the room. But I've noticed that acidic food is bothering me again, like it did in my first trimester, so I have to be sparing with the pickles and my beloved balsamic vinaigrette. I get nauseous from time to time too, which also hasn't been a problem for me since the early days. But it's certainly not constant like it was at the beginning, which is good. That was like having the flu for three months! 

I have Braxton-Hicks a fair amount of the time, but last night I was actually woken up by an incredibly painful contraction. Usually the Braxton-Hicks thus far have just been a tightening/light cramping sensation, but this one was painful and lasted several minutes. It was actually hard for me to change position while it was happening, and it woke my husband up. We had a "is this it" moment, but then I didn't have another one until a few hours later near dawn, and it wasn't nearly as bad. Now today, back to the "usual" variety I've been having, at random times. 

I'm ready. I'll be 38 weeks at the end of this week, and any time is fine by me now! I'm hoping I'll find out I'm a little bit dilated at my appointment Friday morning, actually. And I'm really hoping that my labor starts with a big gush of my water breaking, so there's no mistaking that it's happening for real, since this is my first and I have no idea what to expect when it comes right down to it. But we'll see what nature has in store for me on that front. :-)

I agree with everyone else though, baby watch is pretty fun. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page