37 Weeks!!! Anyone doing anything to try to nudge labour a little early? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 84 Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here's to hoping anyone that needs/wants to go into labor this weekend does!!  I'm already feeling the pull of the hurricane...contractions 10 minutes apart lasting one minute and I'm only 36 weeks!  Just a few more days of this I hope...

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 84 Old 08-26-2011, 08:00 PM

Wow, Ashley, good luck!!!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#63 of 84 Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

It's all with your feet.  My appointment today was for an hour.  She pushed certain points mostly on my big toe and ankle.  She explained briefly how the feet represent different point of your body, the toes are your head, the outside edges are your shoulders and hips while the inside edges are the internal parts, which is why the ankle points, that's connected to the uterus.  It hurt a bit at times but I figured that was good chance to practice my labor breathing.  I could feel movements increase but not contractions today.  If it's going to work it's supposed to work within 12 hours afterwards, otherwise your body just isn't ready for it.  Doesn't look like the case for me today but we'll try again next week.  I may also schedule an accupuncture session soon, I've been reluctant to because it's the one thing we can't get reimbursed for with our drug plan, and I know I'm already well over my limit on chiropractic for the year so the costs will add up, but DH knows how desperate I am for a VBAC and is willing to allow me the opportunity to try everything possible. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJennifer View Post

Oooh, what do they do? I've been having horrible prodromal labor lately! It feel like hours of early labor!

#64 of 84 Old 08-27-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy View Post

It's all with your feet.  My appointment today was for an hour.  She pushed certain points mostly on my big toe and ankle.  She explained briefly how the feet represent different point of your body, the toes are your head, the outside edges are your shoulders and hips while the inside edges are the internal parts, which is why the ankle points, that's connected to the uterus.  It hurt a bit at times but I figured that was good chance to practice my labor breathing.  I could feel movements increase but not contractions today.  If it's going to work it's supposed to work within 12 hours afterwards, otherwise your body just isn't ready for it.  Doesn't look like the case for me today but we'll try again next week.  I may also schedule an accupuncture session soon, I've been reluctant to because it's the one thing we can't get reimbursed for with our drug plan, and I know I'm already well over my limit on chiropractic for the year so the costs will add up, but DH knows how desperate I am for a VBAC and is willing to allow me the opportunity to try everything possible. 

I hope something works for you soon Smurfy.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#65 of 84 Old 08-27-2011, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Cathy!  I just posted in the prodromal labor thread that things seem to have gotten started again.  Though that could be because I was out of the EZ Birth homeopathics and started taking them again.  Either way as long as something is happening I feel like I'm progressing towards real labor. 

#66 of 84 Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM

Okay, Im 37 weeks now and i FINALLY have power and running water back~YIPPEEE!!!~so I feel comfortable with EPO and of course RRL. I thought for sure I was in early labor during the storm on Sunday but it vanished with the winds...Oh well, she will get here when she is ready but I had a LEEP about 3 years ago and I have some concerns about cervical scaring, so off the Co-op I go!! :-)

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#67 of 84 Old 08-30-2011, 03:59 PM

Well, I am almost technically 37 weeks but since my baby is huge and I am probabily a little ahead of my due date I have decided to start trying to move her on out lol ;)

SO the plan for today is to take a nice long walk, swing on some swings with the girls at the park, and then buy some fresh pineapple to start snacking on ;) dh and I have been trying to sneak in some sex but with three kiddo's who share the same bedroom with us we just have not been able to get it together lol ;) Maybe tonight if I am not too tired from the walk ;)

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#68 of 84 Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 PM

Ok, going to start the herbal inducer tomorrow.  Wish me luck and we'll have a baby by this weekend if my body is ready.fingersx.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#69 of 84 Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 PM

Good luck Cathy! 

I'm getting my membranes swept tomorrow, so hoping this is my weekend too.  The kids are going camping for the long weekend with their dad, leaving on Friday, so it would be a great time for something to happen...trying not to get my hopes up, but reallllllly ready! 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#70 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

Good luck Cathy! 

I'm getting my membranes swept tomorrow, so hoping this is my weekend too.  The kids are going camping for the long weekend with their dad, leaving on Friday, so it would be a great time for something to happen...trying not to get my hopes up, but reallllllly ready! 

Here's to hoping it works.  I'm going to start it at 7am.  thumb.gif

#71 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 AM

Anyone know what the MAX EPO is that we can take? I started out with 2 500mg gels 2x a day yesterday at 37.5 weeks orally. So were talking 2000 a day to start...

#72 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I take 3/1300 mg gel caps 3 times day. So a LOT more than you are taking. I've been taking that amount since 36 weeks. I started with 1/1300 mg 3 x's a day at 34 weeks, 2/1300 3 x's a day at 35 weeks.

This is my third pregnancy on this regimen per my mw's suggestion. Also, this is orally.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#73 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM

Thanks! I wanted to wait till 37 weeks cause my last baby was born at 37 weeks in 2 hours so I didn't want her coming early. Well now I'm past 37 weeks so let the games begin! Thought I was in labor the other night but that was just a tease! Oh well, soon enough... :-)

#74 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM

I took a nice long walk the other day, had sex, and have eaten almost a whole raw pineapple. I did have some good contractions last night after almost a week of just braxton hicks.  I am noticing more pressure and cervical pain but no mucous plug yet. I am really just hoping that when I go to my next OB appt I will have made some thinning/dialating progress. Last time I was a 1/2 cm so a 3 would be nice LOL ;) I plan on more walking today and lots of walking this weekend.

Good luck everyone!

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#75 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Well count me in. I am now actively trying to get things moving (39+1). Partially because I'm sick of being pregnant, but also because the quicker he comes the more time I get with him before going back to work! I'm taking epo 3 times a day, overdosing on RRL tea, and my sister and I are on or way to climb steps by the ocean. Get moving little baby!!!

I'm refusing internal exams, for a lot of reasons, but I feel like knowing where I'm ay now will only frustrate me, especially since I have no idea how my body labors and may be someone who doesn't do much prep work but gets it done quickly...i feel the same way about watching the clock for "progress".

Ok...off to exercise!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#76 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Got my membranes swept today--am encouraged that I was actually dilated enough for the doctor to do it!  I went to have my midwife do it with my last baby, at 41 weeks my cervix was still completely closed so she couldn't do the sweep.  I didn't really want to know how dilated I was, but I was enough that it was easy for her to do, and my cervix is very soft and easy to reach.  It didn't hurt either, which I was worried about.  So now we'll see if that does anything :)  I also used my manual breast pump for a bit today for some nipple stimulation, and am going to take the kids and walk around the mall for an hour or two this afternoon (it's rainy and cold outside.)  I ate an entire pineapple last night lol.  Also continuing on with the RRL and lots of EPO.  C'mon baby!

#77 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

Got my membranes swept today--am encouraged that I was actually dilated enough for the doctor to do it!  I went to have my midwife do it with my last baby, at 41 weeks my cervix was still completely closed so she couldn't do the sweep.  I didn't really want to know how dilated I was, but I was enough that it was easy for her to do, and my cervix is very soft and easy to reach.  It didn't hurt either, which I was worried about.  So now we'll see if that does anything :)  I also used my manual breast pump for a bit today for some nipple stimulation, and am going to take the kids and walk around the mall for an hour or two this afternoon (it's rainy and cold outside.)  I ate an entire pineapple last night lol.  Also continuing on with the RRL and lots of EPO.  C'mon baby!

I had my membranes sweeped with my second dd and she was born 17 hours later ;) I did do some crazy walking (like 10 hours) before I was considered in active labor and my mucous plug started to come out. Good luck Mama!! Hopefuly you will be holding your baby this weekend!!

#78 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 PM

The hurricane did it for me and Im home with a beautiful baby boy :)

#79 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Congratulations honey!!! I'm so happy for you, yay for hurricanes! Hope you are resting peacefully...can't wait to hear your birth story!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#80 of 84 Old 09-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

Yay! Congrats!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#81 of 84 Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 AM

Congratulations!!!!

#82 of 84 Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

Congrats!!!  Enjoy your little one.

Nothin' in the inducing dept.  I guess I'm not ready.  Took another dose this am, but I'm not holding my breath.  I don't think my body is ready, which is fine, but I hope she can wait until dh comes back again next Friday. 

#83 of 84 Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 AM

My SPD has opened up my pelvis to the point where I feel like I could just drop here anytime anywhere! I was sitting in bed last night cross legged and I got the distinct feeling that she was moving lower, to the point where I could feel myself stretching and the memory of crowning came into my mind crystal clear like my last birth just happened! I changed my position real quick, its not like I'm in labor, I just have these floating hips!!! SO CRAZY. I was checked 2 weeks ago and I was only 1cm and 50% so who knows where I am at now! :-)

#84 of 84 Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 AM

So, tried the natural inductions stuff the night before and it worked really well, though my body wasn't ready, I had some real contractions and my bh contractions were the most painful I've ever felt.  The lower part of my uterus was in a lot of pain all night long.  Oh well for not being ready though.  Once the night time oxytocin levels dropped my body went back to normal and it was like nothing happened.  At least I know if we try it next Friday when my dh comes for the week it might put me into labor.thumb.gif  If I don't have the baby before he comes.  He leaves on Monday and will be back on Friday, so here is to hoping she can wait or I can wait, or both.lol.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page