Woah pressure! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

People would say I'm nesting right now, but I think it's just getting stuff done. We bought our house almost 4 months ago, and we've been remodeling it since the day we moved in. Now we don't have a budget to start any new big projects (plus we're just exhausted), so this weekend has been major cleaning. You know... FREE. Plus all the things that got neglected while we were busy doing everything else.

So after working my butt off all day yesterday and half of today, I sat down, tired feet, too exhausted to even write out the rest of my to do list. I was sitting for maybe 10 minutes, when I got up to get water. Oh my gosh the pressure! I mean, serious pressure down there, and when I looked down, my belly seemed to be an inch or so lower!  I've never experienced this feeling of the baby seeming to drop within a few minutes. Am I crazy?

#2 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I don't think so.

I've had a crazy past few weeks and last week at some point - I couldn't tell you exactly when, but I noticed significant pressure on my pubic bone and my belly looked a lot lower. Now doing short errands and such wear me out. Well ... right now just about everything wears me out.

Two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011, and #3 due April 2015! I'm also a CLC and postpartum doula.
#3 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 PM

I've been getting a lot of sharp pains down there, like the baby is pushing her way down on everything, pubic bone, cervix, and especially my bladder.  If I even have to pee a little bit it can really hurt.  There are times at night where it is so painful to roll over and try to get to the bathroom because I have to go so bad and she's pushing, or at least her head is squishing everything! 

#4 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy View Post

I've been getting a lot of sharp pains down there, like the baby is pushing her way down on everything, pubic bone, cervix, and especially my bladder.  If I even have to pee a little bit it can really hurt.  There are times at night where it is so painful to roll over and try to get to the bathroom because I have to go so bad and she's pushing, or at least her head is squishing everything! 

That's what it feels like when I have a bh contraction at night and I need to turn over first before getting out of bed.  Not fun.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#5 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

My babe is definitely dropping... the last two weeks the midwife confirmed too. My left ribs have stopped hurting (thank goodness). Exciting. I know none of this MEANS progress.. but it feels like it does.

#6 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Same here about having to pee a little bit and it hurting. I don't think the baby likes me having a full bladder either, because he seems to hit it when its full!!

I have dropped a little but am still carrying pretty high and still about 3 weeks behind as far as size is concerned.

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#7 of 21 Old 08-21-2011, 06:00 PM

the pressure is crazy!  i totally don't remember this with my others.  i hope it means she's coming soon. 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#8 of 21 Old 08-22-2011, 05:49 AM

I was CONVINCED for a while that the baby was trying to push his way through- it's been happening over a month now and just part of daily living - fun!!!    Im 38 weeks today and hoping any day now....

#9 of 21 Old 08-22-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4latte View Post

I don't think so.

I've had a crazy past few weeks and last week at some point - I couldn't tell you exactly when, but I noticed significant pressure on my pubic bone and my belly looked a lot lower. Now doing short errands and such wear me out. Well ... right now just about everything wears me out.

me too - it takes everything i have to get through the day.  I miss my old self a LOT these days - I typically have so much summer energy :(

#10 of 21 Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yes, I'm groaning a lot these days. Baby grinding down there plus the B&H contractions are pretty uncomfortable, to say the least. I've had almost zero energy, too, which is in part to getting over a cold virus. I hope the energy comes back soon. At least I feel pretty prepared. Baby's cradle is ready, clothes are washed and put in drawers, diapers are set, I finally got a car seat, etc. Now, for birth.

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
#11 of 21 Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetestday View Post

Yes, I'm groaning a lot these days. Baby grinding down there plus the B&H contractions are pretty uncomfortable, to say the least. I've had almost zero energy, too, which is in part to getting over a cold virus. I hope the energy comes back soon. At least I feel pretty prepared. Baby's cradle is ready, clothes are washed and put in drawers, diapers are set, I finally got a car seat, etc. Now, for birth.

BRING ON THE BIRTH- never thought id be so eager to go through labor again :)

#12 of 21 Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM

Ok so the sharp pains are normal?  I know I didn't get those with my first.  I had to pee when I was climbing a flight of stairs today, a BH contraction started just before I started climbing (I'm getting a ton of those lately, but nothing regular), as I was taking the steps I got a few sharp stabbing pains that felt like they went from the pubic bone and cervix all the way down, including the urethra.  I only get them when I have to pee and try to move, either rolling over in bed or climbing stairs or another major shift in position, but they hurt a lot!

#13 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 AM

Smurfy-Its probably your pelvis opening to make room for baby to enter the world. The more pregnancies you have the more extreme a lot of your symptoms may get. Ive learned this now with baby number 3 feeling like Im going split in half, feeling like Im sitting on the babies head or Im going to push her out on the toilet.

36 weeks here and low pressure is my everyday state now!

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#14 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 06:16 AM

Joining the pressure group, since yesterday I've been really feeling it.  Esp. when I have to go number 2.  (sorry for the tmi)

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#15 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Thanks ladies!  Good to know everything is normal.  No not tmi, I've been feeling the same, like everytime I try to go number 2 I'm going to push her out too, even though I know that's not going to happen, though wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy?

#16 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:

Thanks ladies!  Good to know everything is normal.  No not tmi, I've been feeling the same, like everytime I try to go number 2 I'm going to push her out too, even though I know that's not going to happen, though wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy?

Heh. yes, that would be nice. 

#17 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Baby dropped yesterday (not fully engaged, but dropped fairly low) and it feels really weird.  I've definitely got more of a waddle going on now too. I'm so ready to be done being pregnant!  Not quite ready for a new babe though, so there's that conflict. :)

#18 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 01:36 PM

How do you know if baby is engaged or not? My midwife told me yesterday that his head is low in my pelvis (which I never felt any differently). Does that mean he's engaged?

So excited to get this baby born!!

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#19 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Engaged is different than just being low.  You'll feel tons of constant pressure that makes you feel like you have to go to the bathroom constantly, without ceasing when baby is engaged.  My baby is very low and I have times of feeling that pressure, but it's not constant yet.  Moving around, changing positions, etc can get him/her to ease up a bit.  I went into labor very shortly after my 2nd baby engaged.  My 3rd didn't engage until labor actually started.  But I carry all of my babies really low and very out front so I can tell a big difference between them just being low and actually engaging. 

I just remembered too that one of the handouts from the mw had a point where it was called engaged as well.  Like, where they check for 'station'  at some point it was also called 'engaged'.  I'll look around and see if I can find something similar online that i can link.

Ok, I'm back...well I'm not finding a chart similar, but i did find tons of info that does use the term engaged synonymous with "dropping" and "lightening" which ARE just the baby getting lower.  So, never mind me.  :)  Anyway, here is a link to some really interesting information about how they rate engagement.  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081009101348AAXSPs0

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#20 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Doctor confirmed she dropped. It's the constant pressure. I so remember this... where lifting my legs to put on pants is suddenly so hard... oh fun! :)

#21 of 21 Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 PM

That's how I'm feeling!!  Everytime I get the sharp stabbing pains in my groin it feels like I have to pee, like right that second, and it usually lasts or kind of pulses a bit (for lack of a better term) for a couple minutes.  I'm also getting many of the symptoms mentioned in that link, period like cramping, not a contraction-type cramp but more of a stomach achiness that comes on occasionally, lower back pain with back of the hips pain, the intermittent bowl problems, and tons of BH contractions.  I e-mailed my midwives finally out of curiousity and they agreed that it could be some very early pre-labor symptoms.  I'm certain now that it will happen after my reflexology appointment on Friday because we just signed our son up for Parent Survival night at his gymnastics club on Saturday, they basically babysit and keep them entertained for you for 3 hours so you can have an evening out, some last chance couple time, so I'm certain it'll be just in time that we have to cancel that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page