Anyone due in 4 or more weeks losing/lost their mucus plug already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm just wondering if anyone has lost their mucus plug and not had their baby yet... I due Sept 21st and yesterday I was kind of already on alert in the back of my mind as the baby went from being super active with kicking and pushing for the last couple of weeks to barely making these little shifting moves here and there yesterday... Which made me feel a little bit like this could be the calm before the storm type of thing. So then this morning when I couldn't sleep because I hadn't felt the baby move at all for a long time (usually it wakes me up at 5am) I got up and went to the bathroom only to find that I was losing some bloody mucus and my cervix feels sticky and like it's covered in the stuff which is a new thing...  I drink some apple juice and got baby moving which set my mind at ease a bit... But I'm still worried about starting labor as I need to make it 5 more days to have my homebirth and I have never lost my plug ahead of time like this... I lost it after 3 days of labor the first time a few hours before having the baby and the second time I don't remember even seeing the mucus plug or any blood period till he was born... I not really having any contractions or anything yet that I can tell (the bh seem to be a lot milder/less noticeable this time) but I'm had sharp pain on one side of my groin since yesterday and some back aching...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 AM

I'm 35 weeks and have started to lose mine, but not as much as you described. My babies movements have also slowed down. I was worried, and DH reminded me that with baby #2, we had gone to L&D for the same reason (she was fine)...and born 2 days later (at just under 37 weeks).

Although as I type this, my baby is kicking up a storm. She's head down and has started to drop/descend.

I'm also either crazy or nesting. Couldn't sleep last night, so I was cleaning my bathroom at 12:30 am.

#3 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

If you don't mind me asking does what your losing have red blood in it? From what I've been reading just losing the mucus or it being pink tinged isn't a biggie and can happen a long time before hand but "bloody show" is more likely to be followed by labor? This morning with mine the first bit was a big streak of red blood and then since then has been grayish clots etc... crap.gif

I think I'm to tired to nest this time lol Though I have been doing a huge amount of putting fruit and veggies up... Last time though I was mopping the floor in early labor as I wanted to have the house totally clean before I had the baby orngbiggrin.gif

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#4 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 10:30 AM

No blood for me. No pink either. I've never experienced the bloody show until I was really in labor (I have short labors too), so it would be very painful contractions, water broke with 2 of 3 labors, and bloody show all at the same time.

Last week my cervix was closed, but I have no clue this week (I was checked due to so many contractions). I also never really walked around dilated, once it started, my babies were born with in 12-48 hours.

#5 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The mucous plug can regenerate itself and some people will lose it multiple times in a pregnancy.  As long you don't have actual red blood, then you should be fine.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page