Early Labor YAY!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations Mama!!!!!

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#32 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 06:58 AM

Way to go! Congrats!

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#33 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM

yay! enjoy your babymoon!!

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#34 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 AM

Yay!!! So happy for you!! Cant wait for pics! hug2.gif

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#35 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 08:01 AM

Congratulations on welcoming your little one and congratulations on your VBAC!

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.
#36 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM

Congratulations!! joy.gif Way to go, Smurfy!

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#37 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Over the moon happy for you smurfy!!! Congratulations! You are so strong, enjoy your much deserved time snugglibg with baby!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#38 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM

Congrats!!!joy.gif

cd.gif   trekkie.gif   hang.gif     dog2.gif
#39 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 PM

Congratulations!

#40 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

This is my down time, I've run out of energy to do anything else and I can't sleep so I'll try to get as much of the story as I can. 

So Sunday morning at 8:30 I woke up to my water leaking, but not broken, I called my midwife, since it was during the day, to give them a heads up.  Contractions didn't start until around 4:30 but were very manageable.  Around 1:30 am they really picked up so I called my midwife and she came to check on me.  Contractions weren't very regular but getting stronger, she didn't want to check me because my membranes were ruptured and I wasn't in active labor yet, so she gave me a shot of gravol and some Tylenol and told me to get some rest.  I managed to sleep for a couple hours, took a warm shower for about an hour, and then dozed between contractions for a couple more hours.  As planned I called my midwife in the morning, they decided since contractions had started there was no need to come in for a stress test and told me to call when contractions regulated.  By about 1:00 pm they were still all over the place but my midwife came and checked and said everything was fine and check in again in a few hours.  By about 2:00 pm the contractions changed and become much stronger, even unbearable.  I called the midwife back, she checked me and I was about 7 cm dialated so she suggested we head to the hospital.  She picked the furtherest one away because they had the better monitoring, which horrified me because it was rush hour.  Worst car ride of my life!!!  I kept begging them to let me stay home but since I'm a VBAC my midwife didn't want that.  She told me after that she suspected I was actually fully dilated in the car but didn't want to freak me out.  As soon as we got to the hospital I headed straight for the tub, which didn't help nearly as much as I thought it would, I begged for an epidural to no avail since I was already fully dilated but hey I was in the moment and anything sounded good at the time, but the midwife brought me nitrous and I LOVED that!  I started pushing in the tub, not willingly, my whole body just kind of siezed up and I was pushing.  At which point they took the gas away, I almost punched them, and made me move to the bed.  It took an hour to push her out, I didn't have the energy to maintain the momentum so she kept rocking in and out with every push.  I didn't think I was ever going to get her out, it even crossed my mind a few times that I should just give up and let them do a c-section, but my midwife yelled at me that would be ridiculous having come so far with no epidural.  Thankfully she was being pretty tough on me because I was being a bit of a pain in the butt at some points and probably needed the kick for the encouragement.  When I heard both midwives and my husband gasp at the progress of the really good pushes that encouraged me to push harder.  Finally at 8:59 pm she was out, 6 lbs. 7 oz., tiny, but so am I and I had second degree tearing, which they decided against stitching, so I'm not moving very well for the next couple days.  I had chosen against oxytocin for the placenta delivery but my midwife pointed out that I had been contracting for about 30 hours and enough was enough, so a quick shot and all was done. 

So far we're doing good, tired, sore, but she's latching and eating quite well. 

Good luck to all of those yet to come.  Hopefully this gives some encouragement, I cried for an epidural or something, anything, but I did it, so don't give up.  On the other hand, if it's out of your control and things don't go the way you planned then take peace knowing you did all you could!

#41 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 PM

you should be so proud of yourself! congratulations on your sweet baby girl :)

#42 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 12:50 PM

Oh you are my hero! Congrats again, now go rest!
xoxo

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#43 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Congrats on your VBAC and your sweet baby girl!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#44 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats Smurfy! So happy for you!

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#45 of 46 Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM

Woohoo! You did it! joy.gif

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#46 of 46 Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 AM

Yay Smurfy!!!  I'm so glad you got your VBAC.  Enjoy your little one.  I can't wait to meet mine.love.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page