*~Chat Thread for Aug. 29th - Sept. 4th~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ollie- hugs and happy belated birthday!

house calls?  that's amazing!  our town has a vet that makes house calls, but no "people docs".

So amazingly tired today... all three kiddos slept poorly and they shared with dh and I.  I neeeeeed coffee!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#62 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

I'm getting to the point of being so uncomfortable that I would willingly choose to endure labor rather than to remain pregnant any longer. 

I've been at this point for a couple weeks! I have even fantasized about going to the hospital and saying, "Give me a repeat c-section and get this over with!!" bag.gif

I feel very fortunate to have access to a doctor that makes house calls. The first appointment with a newborn is always at home because she doesn't believe that a newborn should be anywhere else. thumb.gif

I have an appointment with my midwife today, and I don't know if I should get another check. I've been feeling all sorts of crazy stuff in my cervix- stabby pains, but also big contractions that feel like they're only in my cervix. Different than the normal BH I've been feeling for months.

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#63 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Took the herbal induce this morning.  Other than my stomach hurting (that is starting to feel better), just feeling lousy and peeing a lot not much is happening.  I'm having more painful bh contractions like I do at night now just during the day, but other than that, a little extra dishcharge.  My midwife did say it more likely will happen at night than during the day because your oxytocin levels are higher then.  So, I'm just sitting here on the comp. and then knitting and resting and stuff.  I think its more likely to happen tomorrow when I know dh is going to be here.  Kiddo doesn't seemed bothered by any of this.  Just her usual kicks and hiccups.  I have an OB appt. tomorrow too at 10:45.  We'll see what he says.  Silly man wanted to check my cervix and break my water tomorrow.  lol.gif  I don't think so buddy.  At least he was ok with me saying no.  He's just a worry wart over my last big baby.  This one is no where near as big.  I am totally comfortable right now.  She is probably still in the 7lb range and my blood sugars have been awesome this whole pregnancy so he shouldn't be freaking out, but he is.  Oh well.  Please don't let MIL get on the freak out train with him.praying.gif  She is coming with me tomorrow.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#64 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM

Oh gosh. My mom is already on the big baby freak out train. She keeps saying over and over that I was the biggest baby at 6.5 lbs and she has no idea where these big babies are coming from. Well Mom - you barely ate or drank during your pregnancy and had pre-eclampsia. I try to gently make the point that I would rather have a big and strong and healthy baby and that I have pushed them out before so I can do it again. :)  But it is certainly no fun to have a mother/MIL worriedly hovering over you, is it? Hope you have a great appt.

#65 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 AM

I also love reading all of the going into labor stories!! Olliemama, Gracecody, cathy, I hope things pick up nicely (hope I haven't forgotten anyone in there smile.gif ).
Olliemama that's what I have been experiencing too...menstrual cramps! No tightening that I can make out, though sometimes I can't tell if there's tightening or if this baby is just stretching (he does that all day long!!). I have been drinking inhuman amounts of RRL and taking some EPO (orally...can't really brunt myself to insert anything, seems like a recipe for infection). Also, yesterday I almost a whole pineapple, and then got the worst sore throat I've ever had! I don't think I'm allergic but I can't figure what else it could be? It hurt so bad I took a regular strength Tylenol which actually took the edge off greensad.gif
Seriously, its killing me! Very much hoping its gone before labor starts, it would SUCK to be sick and laboring for the first time!!

I've never been in labor before, but my psychological preparation has come from doing personal mind-body work. I use chanting, breathing, some very basic yoga positions, and a lot of writing out my fears and expectations. My writing is always addressed to baby or my grama who passed away a few years ago. So far I feel pretty calm about birth. I paired soccer and ran marathons in hs so I feel confident in being able to push past my limits. This is not to say I think I have this under control smile.gif I'm mostly open and prepared for anything and trying to continue being accepting of all the not so fun things that go along with pregnancy!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#66 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM

I have a 10:45 appointment tomorrow too!  LOL 

I have a bunch of "really hard to reschedule" appointments planned for next week (the 6th and 7th specifically) so it would be REALLY nice if the babe decided to grab today or tomorrow as a birthday.  Actually, tomorrow would be ideal.  :)  DH is bringing home an herbal induction tonic from the nature co-op and I'll give it a try tonight with the hopes of either being in labor at my appointment or close enough to count.  I can wish, right?

Other than some basic cleaning/organizing I think we're just about set...

Baby size- my smallest babe was exactly 9 lbs and she was the smallest term baby in my mom's family in generations.  No GD or anything like that, just really big babies!  Oddly enough, she was also the babe that caused the most birth trauma since she developed shoulder dystocia.  I'm figuring that this babe will be in the 9lb ballpark too, and that's one reason I took the GD test... so I could turn down the standard newborn blood work for big babies without a real fight.  I keep thinking it would be neat to have a babe more like those in DH's family (6 to 7 lbs the norm for them) since all those itty bitty outfits are adorable and my kiddos always start out at the upper end of the newborn clothing spectrum, but I think I'd be so nervous around such a small babe... 9lbs seems so tiny, I can't imagine a smaller babe!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#67 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Good news from my appointment today - little munchkin has turned to almost the right position.  He's still a little bit oblique, but much better than last time.  They think he'll finish positioning himself on his own, so we're good to go!  Now it's just back to waiting.  

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#68 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Great news, Valerie! thumb.gif

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#69 of 96 Old 09-01-2011, 02:29 PM

[quote name="ValH" Good news from my appointment today - little munchkin has turned to almost the right position.  He's still a little bit oblique, but much better than last time.  They think he'll finish positioning himself on his own, so we're good to go!  Now it's just back to waiting.  [/quote]

Yay for munchkin and yay for you Val!! Smart baby smile.gif

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

#70 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Wombatclay - lol.gif on having appt.'s at the same time.  Wow, you do have big babies.  I'm hoping for the 8lb range if this induction does not work.  So far nothin'. 

I did get 3 straight hours of sleep last night.  I feel so much better. thumb.gif  One last dose of this nasty tasting herbal induce this am and maybe something will happen, but I'm feeling like I'm just closed up and I'm going to have to wait until next week.  Oh well, we tried this week.  Will try again next Friday when dh comes again.  I get to see dh at 1:30 today!!!!!!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif  For the whole weekend too.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#71 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 AM

Crap. I am anemic. Off to get some Floradix... 

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#72 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Yay for babes lining up and for "spousal visits"! ;)

LOL... in my mom's family babes run big.  I was over ten lbs, my brother over 11 lbs, and the only baby to be under 9lbs was 4 weeks premature and still weighed in at 7lbs even.  It was actually really tough when I had my c/s with dd1 and she was "only" 9lbs6oz... my mom and her relatives all made comments about how small she was and how they couldn't belive she'd really been stuck.  Sigh.  Maybe if she hadn't been posterior and asynclitic too it would have worked, or if she hadn't been my first.  But seriously, telling me that "fat squishes" just wasn't helpful.  LOL 

Soooo... saw the midwives and there isn't much to report.  Barely 2cm at the opening narrowing to less than 1cm, long and posterior, the midwife couldn't even do a membrane sweep since things were too tight to get her fingers through or even reach very well.  Which means I'm scheduled for a NST, u/s, and hospital induction on Friday the 9th due to their insurance provider.  I can obviously say no to the induction, but that would mean they couldn't attend the birth.  Instead I'd get whatever OB was on call for the hospital (I wouldn't have met them and they may or may not be pro-vbac, some of the OBs at this hospital are VERY opposed to vbac).  Argh!  Not to mention this week is jam packed with appointments, meetings, first days of school/therapy programs, and my mom "isn't sure" she'd be able to watch the older kids if I happened to go into labor on Mon/Tues/Wed of this week.  It's getting to be pretty funny!

Ah well, it'll all happen the way it happens, right?  And ds was born just about 12 hours after a check that showed even less progress than this one, so who knows!

#73 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 AM

WombatClay - I measured about the same at my mw appt and she wasn't able to do the sweep either :(  lol  I was really hoping that this baby would be a 38 weeker like my other pregnancies.  Now I am worried I will go to my edd or later.. which really is fine I am just getting impatient but obviously I can carry this baby for another couple of weeks if thats what it wants!!

I haven't had any practice labour since Tuesday night, no show... just the good old braxton contractions that I have had since like 20 weeks!  I am thinking that maybe I will just go into labor without any warning. . .  you just can't predict these things eh?!  lol

Looks like I am camping this weekend.  Its within half an hour of home where we plan to have our baby.  So it shouldn't be too bad if I do go into labor... I just don't like being this pregnant in a trailer for sleeping, its hard enough in our big comfy bed at home!! 

OH! and my oldest started hockey this week.  I have never been into hockey so its been a real learning curve for me, all the gear is soooo heavy too!  Seriously considering one of those wheelie bags so he can at least carry/drag his gear and I can carry baby when baby decides to join us. 

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#74 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingBaby View Post

WombatClay - I measured about the same at my mw appt and she wasn't able to do the sweep either :(  lol  I was really hoping that this baby would be a 38 weeker like my other pregnancies.  Now I am worried I will go to my edd or later.. which really is fine I am just getting impatient but obviously I can carry this baby for another couple of weeks if thats what it wants!!

I haven't had any practice labour since Tuesday night, no show... just the good old braxton contractions that I have had since like 20 weeks!  I am thinking that maybe I will just go into labor without any warning. . .  you just can't predict these things eh?!  lol

Looks like I am camping this weekend.  Its within half an hour of home where we plan to have our baby.  So it shouldn't be too bad if I do go into labor... I just don't like being this pregnant in a trailer for sleeping, its hard enough in our big comfy bed at home!! 

OH! and my oldest started hockey this week.  I have never been into hockey so its been a real learning curve for me, all the gear is soooo heavy too!  Seriously considering one of those wheelie bags so he can at least carry/drag his gear and I can carry baby when baby decides to join us. 

Oh man, you couldn't pay me to go camping pregnant, let alone THIS pregnant.  You have my sympathies :) Good luck!

#75 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 PM

I hope you have fun!  I slept on an air mattress for a week (at 36 weeks) and it was odd... I slept less well, and my hips ached more at night, but I actually had fewer aches and hip pain during the day.  I think it was just that because I was moving more at night (because of the squishy mat) I didn't get as stiff?  Anyway, I hope you stay comfy and have fun!

I'm going to pull out the cumin tea tonight, then start the herbal blend tomorrow in the wee hours of the morning.  Fingers crossed I get some action here!  lol  But if not, I picked up a box of the world's yummiest frozen yogurt pops with the intention of eating one each evening.  So either I have a baby OR I get yummy frozen chocolate yogurt goodness.  A win-win! :)

#76 of 96 Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 PM

DH is picking up some thai food with eggplant in it tonight, I'm going to be rolling on the birthing ball, and we're definitely going to DTD. *lol* I know they are going to induce me, probably next week, if I don't have him soon. Preeclampsia has reared its ugly head again. My midwife took one look at me this morning, said, "Oh no, that is preeclampsia face. I'm going to go talk to the OB." She wants to see me in L&D on the weekend and when I start being monitored even over the weekend, that's when they just go ahead and bring the baby. This isn't the first round with pre-e for me, I've had it with all of them. Induced at 37 weeks with my first, spontaneous labor at 36 weeks with my second and third but I did have an induction scheduled for my second before he came. Praying we can get this started without pitocin. I'm as soft as a cervix gets, 4cm, and almost completely effaced. I keep having some good contractions and then they stop so I'm hoping the sex, thai, and rolling kick them in gear this weekend.

#77 of 96 Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Yay for babies getting into position!

Mine has been head down for a few weeks, but I have lots of amniotic fluid, so there is room for her to turn. I also have a history of big babies (smallest was 8.2). But this one has been measuring right on... as of yesterday they estimated 6lbs. I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I know that's not much, but with the past 3, I always went quickly. With one of my babies, I was dilated to a 1 on a thursday, the following Saturday morning my water broke, and I was 4cm dilated. She was born 3 hours later. (I was closed last week). So I have a good chance of having the baby this week, but I realize every labor and delivery is different, so anything can happen, and I need to be open to that!

#78 of 96 Old 09-03-2011, 11:04 AM

More pre-labor this morning and last night, but not the real deal I guess... Good news--This morning I noticed a pretty substantial decrease in swelling in my feet/ankles/all over, and was peeing a lot last night.  Decided to hop on the scale to check it out this morning, and I had lost over 4 of the 9 or 10 lbs of mostly water weight that I've gained in the past 2 weeks.  Woohoo!  Not really about the numbers on the scale, but it's a serious relief to get rid of some of this uncomfortable swelling. 

Also, I just got back from a surprise baby shower that my family threw for me.  It was so sweet :)  DH dragged me into town all grumpy when I really just wanted to relax at home before work tonight, and after running some seriously boring errands, he said he wanted to stop for coffee, and pulled in to the restaurant next to the coffee place instead. His mom was there in the parking lot and he said surprise, we're going out to lunch on my mom. So we got in there and most of the women in both our families were there waiting and did the whole surprise yell thing. It was so fun:)  I wasn't anticipating any kind of shower, as this is baby #2, but it was totally fun, and I felt loved. happytears.gif

#79 of 96 Old 09-03-2011, 02:43 PM

I'm conflicted... I have an induction scheduled for Friday the 9th so I'd really rather have the babe now.  The thought of a fairly ineffectual vbac safe induction on a Friday?  Not exactly a wonderful though.  But this coming week is /totally/ insane in terms of things we have to do and we don't actually have anyone to care for the older kiddos on Tues/Wed night so it would be easier for everyone if the inner child stayed that way till Friday.

I've been drinking cumin tea, RRL tea, and fresh pineapple juice.  I've been popping EPO and Borage oil.  I've been spending "quality time" with dh every night, and using lots of hot water in the shower (nipple stim and heat on the breasts can get things going), walking and meditating and visualizing and talking to the babe.  I've been rubbing acupressure points, climbing stairs, and swinging on the kiddos' swingset.  Sigh.

I know intellectually the babe will come when she is ready... OR she'll be evicted on Friday.  So either way I've got a week before she is in my arms.  I'm just not sure what to root for!  LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry pre-e has shown up... or at least the strong chance of pre-e.  No fun.  I hope things even out and nothing goes critical. 

And yay for babes getting into and staying in position!  Belly Babe is still posterior much of the time, but she's been rolling a lot so who knows?

The heat and humidity is back... we have a window a/c unit but it's really not cutting it when the weather is near 90 and the humidity is around that too!  Ick.  Hmmmm.... I guess that would be another plus on the "have baby now" side of the scale since I know the hospital is air conditioned!  ;)

#80 of 96 Old 09-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Checking in ladies! Starting Thursday night I had regular, in the front, painful contractions ALL night long about 5-10 minutes apart and they lasted about a min. I had my first bit of bloody show too! Was able to sleep from 7 in the morning until 12:30, sleeping through a few contractions. yesterday I had manageable contractions all day long, but much more spread out, about an hour or so. Then last night it kicked in again, and harder as well as wrapping more around my hips! Was up the whole night.... without a nap at all. now that Im up and around today they have slowed to about every half hour and MUCH more manageable with the pain. So, Im a first time mom and I've been getting frustrated that I haven't been sleeping and it seems to be going nowhere with labor... After reading what everyone else is going through, I feel like this is more normal. and friends have told me ... if you do the work now, your real labor will be much shorter. Does this sound like pre labor to everyone? At what point would you mamas start doing something to get things going into actual labor? I haven't lost my plug or broken my water. Im not sure if Im dialated at all... but was thinking of having my fiance try to check.... Sending good vibes to everyone ! 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

#81 of 96 Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Early labor is the 1-4 cm's stage and can last anywhere from a few hours to weeks.  You should get some rest.  Take some Calcium/Magnesium, or drink a glass of wine and take a bath (actually, I had one mw recommend a shot of brandy....so whatever floats your boat) and get some sleep.  I wouldn't try getting labor going when you're already exhausted.  hug2.gif

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#82 of 96 Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Hey everyone! Sounds like a lot of interesting stuff is happening for a lot of you! I'm starting to feel like this baby is never going to come out greensad.gif I have been so congested this whole week, fighting a sore throat. I slept 12 hours last night and napped through out the day...seriously have never been so tired! I've also been kind of nauseas today, no vomiting or anything, no appetite either. Keep hoping some ctxs will start up but so far just cramping and some stabby pains in my pelvis.

So I guess we continue the waitathon...

It seems the best advice I've heard is just what mandy said...get the rest while we still can! ELV to everyone!

#83 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Lots going on here.

I've been MIA since dh arrived.  We did try some natural induction stuff the night before (last night we were both too exhausted to do anything else but sleep. lol) and it really worked.  I actually had some real contractions and the bh contractions were the most intense I've ever had.  Though obviously my body isn't ready, but we will try it again tonight and then wait until next Friday if nothing happens until then.  Just hanging out until something actually happens.  At least I know what we tried works.thumb.gif

#84 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Hey everyone I am back! Baby is great and slept 2-9 am last night solidly. Yahhh! The first two nights I didn't sleep much.. baby was awake and I didn't want to sleep if he was awake!

Just some hope for people... a day and a half before he was born my cervix was high, posterior and only 1 cm. She couldn't do a sweep because it was too high she couldn't reach. A day and a half later when I *thought* I might be in labour I was checked and I was 7 cm with my sac BULGING out a few cm. Baby was born 5.5 hours later!! The contractions that got me to 7 cm were fairly mild, and only hurt going over bumps on the road in the last half hour.

Baby was also sort of posterior going into labour. I spent an hour or so standing during contractions leaning with my head on my arms on the sink (so belly button pointing down) and baby turn spine anterior really quickly.  I didn't really do positioning stuff during either of my pregnancies, and both went spine to front during labour.

Anyway happy birthing wishes to all of you still waiting!!

#85 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 AM

Congrats mama! Thanks for posting all of these very hopeful, helpful details of your labor and birth. You're a sweetie. orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMonkey View Post

Hey everyone I am back! Baby is great and slept 2-9 am last night solidly. Yahhh! The first two nights I didn't sleep much.. baby was awake and I didn't want to sleep if he was awake!

Just some hope for people... a day and a half before he was born my cervix was high, posterior and only 1 cm. She couldn't do a sweep because it was too high she couldn't reach. A day and a half later when I *thought* I might be in labour I was checked and I was 7 cm with my sac BULGING out a few cm. Baby was born 5.5 hours later!! The contractions that got me to 7 cm were fairly mild, and only hurt going over bumps on the road in the last half hour.

Baby was also sort of posterior going into labour. I spent an hour or so standing during contractions leaning with my head on my arms on the sink (so belly button pointing down) and baby turn spine anterior really quickly.  I didn't really do positioning stuff during either of my pregnancies, and both went spine to front during labour.

Anyway happy birthing wishes to all of you still waiting!!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#86 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 AM

HappyMonkey I am so so glad for you! That's exactly why I've refused internal exams, I know it would just drive me crazy!! Congratulations on the birth...job well done mama! Enjoy your baby, can't wait to see some pics??

#87 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Congrats happymonkey!! Sounds like everything went great!!

Anyone noticing how many fast easy labors are being reported with all these new babes!?  So nice to hear:)

#88 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 AM

This will probably be the one time I get a long labor! I just have a feeling... my longest was 5 hours total, then 3, and 3. So this will probably be a 3 day labor :)

#89 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 AM

P.S. I'm really irritable and unpleasant to be around today. I ran to the drug store and almost unleashed on a lady who nicely said "You must be getting close?"  I just smiled and said yes, but I was rubbed the wrong way. I've lashed out at DH a few times too, and my girls (ages 2 and 3) are whiny today, and I haven't exactly been patient. My poor family... I need to change this attitude quickly.

#90 of 96 Old 09-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Camillebethany I know how you feel, I'm also a total grouch with no provocation!! My fingers are crossed that you are wrong about the 3 day labor prediction!

Is extreme fatigue ever a sign of labor? I feel like my body is slowing down, conserving energy? I mean, this is finals-week-starbucks-closed exhausted...it hurts to keep my eyes open! I've been nesting all month, everything is clean and folded and set up, and I really feel like my body is just getting ready. I don't know, maybe I'm just desperate for some sign of something happening.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page