*~Chat Thread for Aug. 29th - Sept. 4th~* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm definitely getting grouchier too! Every morning I wake up kind of pissed to have not gone into labor during the night before. :)  And every time I walk into work, I'm scowling.  I just do. not. want. to go to work anymore, and I'm annoyed to still be pregnant every time I have to do it.  <sigh>  Soon enough, I guess...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 06:43 PM

Oh gosh, it makes me feel so much better to read that other people are getting really grouchy too. I want to spend as much time as I can with my kids usually. But this afternoon I was a total grump and went to hide in my bedroom for an hour and a half. I just was disappointed because I was half hoping that today would be the day seeing that my midwife won't be in L&D for another week or so now. It's unlikely that I'll have her at my birth now which makes me want to cry. Plus, I keep getting, "I cannot believe you haven't had the baby yet!" "Is the baby here? Is it coming?" No, he's not coming yet and I can't believe I'm still pregnant either! 

I'm really sad because an OB wants to see me Tuesday and the only time she could see me is 10:45am. They want an ultrasound the same day and the only available time is 8am. This means I'm going to be gone the whole morning, likely until my younger two are in bed for nap. Tuesday is my son's third birthday. It breaks my heart that someone else is going to greet him as he wakes for his on his third birthday and that there's a possibility that I could have his brother on his special day. *sniffles* I'm praying that I don't and I'm thinking about driving back and forth twice even if it is a 15 minute drive either way.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Mom: So WHEN is your due date?

Me: Late Sept/early Oct.

(This has been for months now!)

Today:

Sister: Mom, are you going out of town for the pig roast?  Oh, that's right you don't know when she (loos at me) is due so you can't plan.

Me: I have said late Sept/early Oct. FOR MONTHS now.  An EDD is ONE DAY in a 4 week window.

Mom: I have never heard that. I had ALL my kids within 3 days of that date.

Me:  Well your Dr. Didn't explain things very well.  

Go. PLEASE just go.  I am SO over you and your passive aggressive "I can help/I can't help." crap.  Over. Done and moving on!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM

I feel your pain!! My mom keeps wanting to talk about heer birth experiences, and I keep saying to her, "you had 3 c-sections and only a few hours of early labor!". I am most amused that she couldn't understand why I would want frozen pads for after the birth, SHE never needed any...yeah, its a vaginal birth kind of thing mom!!! Thankfully she lives on the east coast and I can avoid her calls and stick to sporadic texts.

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Thankfully she lives on the east coast and I can avoid her calls and stick to sporadic texts.

That sounds dreamy :)  :)  :)

Old 09-04-2011, 09:12 PM

My mom lives 15 minutes away, and luckily is really not annoying. My MIL on the other hand... don't even get me started!

I went to get a sandwich today, and the guy making my sandwich asked how many kids I have, I told him this was #4, and he said "Wow, good job. You're a hot mama."  That lifted my spirits a bit :)

I took a short nap, can't say it was the best nap, but I woke up with a lot of energy and was able to get the down stairs cleaned, some laundry done, and my girls room clean (those were all the rooms that needed the most attention).

User Tag List