~*Chat Thread for Sept. 5th - 11th*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had the GBS test done at my home visit on Monday and it came back positive. I am irritated about that. I have been taking probiotics and everything. Oh well. I am comfortable with not 'treating' for it during labor though. But, I might run out and get some newer probiotics since what I have been taking is old and I don't know if they are still live. :)

I have had a lot of sacral pain over the last day or two, but I have a posterior baby so I was kinda expecting that. 

My little guys and I also caught a cold too. They are doing great but I am miserable. I couldn't breathe before due to baby in my ribs and now I really can't breathe, can't take anything for the headache... I am such a lousy sick person anyway. 

I was hoping (kinda sorta) that 9/10/11 would be baby's birthday but I have a feeling that with being sick, my body will hold onto baby a little longer. That way we can get this virus out of the house before baby gets here. 

So, since I probably won't have that day I offer it up to everyone else! I would love to get up Sunday morning to see quick posts about how at least 7 of you had a baby on Saturday!!!

#62 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

Sigh...I'm feeling very sad this morning. I am feeling totally over being pregnant. I really want to enjoy these last days ahead before she comes but frankly, I am physically miserable and its making me it really hard for me to stay content. The kids are back to school and the house is quiet, clean and ready to receive her. Ive been packed, mentally and emotionally prepared for weeks because I thought she would be early. I'm nearly 39 weeks and in my mind I know everything is normal, and shouldn't be feeling so down, I'm not even late yet. The over 40 week club probably wants to "slap" me. And honestly, if I could walk without SPD pain and my leg ging out from under me by the end of the day I probably would be happy as a clam. Ill spare everyone the latitude and longitude of my every twang but its enough to make me feel like a first time mom. Not a third. I'm becoming concerned that by the end of the day I am so frazzled that if I go into labor I'm not going to have the strength to get through it all. It's becoming mentally and physically exhausting and I need to find the strength to get through till the birth so I'm refreshed and energized. I read LadyJennifers birth story before I finally fell asleep last night and it I found it very inspiring because I could relate to so much of what she was saying about the challenges of feeling like your in labor every night and waking up to nothing. I guess I just need to keep busy. Keep knitting. Sew those curtains for the baby's room and door things at home. Listen to my hypnobirth CDs and chill out. Sorry to whine but I figured someone on here would get it...

Deb

I hear you--I've been ready for weeks, and every morning that I wake up still pregnant I just want to cry.  I get more miserable by the day, and if I don't have this baby soon, I feel very sorry for anyone who has the misfortune to be around me.  I expected to feel like this if I went overdue, not at 39 weeks, but I think part of it is that I'm totally on the clock this time, and the pressure is probably not helping.  I know this is my last baby, and I should be enjoying the last few days/weeks of her being in my belly...but it's so hard when I want her here so much.  Whine anytime, I totally understand!  And SPD on top of it all, that's gotta be crappy *hugs*

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#63 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

grouphug.gif  We'll get through this soon.  I'm hoping for tonight, but who knows.  I just hope dh is here for his first child.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#64 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Wow, hugs to everyone!

NC05 I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Have you tried holding a towel over your head and breathing some steaming water, maybe with a little eucalyptus in it? I would be so miserable with a cold right now. I had a stomach virus last weekend and another round last night thanks to my son who just started kindergarten. We are four weeks into school and he's already brought home two viruses!! Just hoping we can somehow stay healthy after the baby comes as I've been fortunate in the past to get my babies past those early weeks without any sickness. Anyway, yes, good to give your body a chance to bounce back so you can be strong and really enjoy your labor and meeting your new little one!

Cathy, hoping this is your weekend!!

Rareimer, hoping things happen for you soon!

I finally had my midwife home visit / appt this morning and am in such a better place, mentally. Everything checked out great and baby's in a great ROA position so that was all reassuring. I am starting to feel ready with the exception of an article I am writing for work and a few other work-related tasks. But as far as home and baby go, we are really all set. This weekend hopefully DH can take care of a few handyman things and I want to cook at least three big dishes to feed the freezer.

Went to bed with tummy troubles, horrible heartburn and swollen ankles and woke up with all of those things gone. YAY.

#65 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Went to bed with tummy troubles, horrible heartburn and swollen ankles and woke up with all of those things gone. YAY.

thumb.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#66 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Wow, hugs to everyone!

NC05 I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Have you tried holding a towel over your head and breathing some steaming water, maybe with a little eucalyptus in it? I would be so miserable with a cold right now. I had a stomach virus last weekend and another round last night thanks to my son who just started kindergarten. We are four weeks into school and he's already brought home two viruses!! Just hoping we can somehow stay healthy after the baby comes as I've been fortunate in the past to get my babies past those early weeks without any sickness. Anyway, yes, good to give your body a chance to bounce back so you can be strong and really enjoy your labor and meeting your new little one!

Cathy, hoping this is your weekend!!

Rareimer, hoping things happen for you soon!

I finally had my midwife home visit / appt this morning and am in such a better place, mentally. Everything checked out great and baby's in a great ROA position so that was all reassuring. I am starting to feel ready with the exception of an article I am writing for work and a few other work-related tasks. But as far as home and baby go, we are really all set. This weekend hopefully DH can take care of a few handyman things and I want to cook at least three big dishes to feed the freezer.

Good idea!! I will try that before nap time. :)

I am glad you had a good home visit and that you feel better. I love the home visit part since it feels like permission to have a baby!

#67 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM

Hey all.... I am soooooo out of time.  :(

Spent most of the day at the midwives' office... my bishop's score is even lower than it was last week, cervix too closed/posterior to sweep, and a really glowing NST and U/S was my only ticket out of a cesarean delivery this afternoon.  :(  I was able to push off the surgeon meeting till Monday morning, and I'm hoping that when I meet with him I'll be able to push the surgery back till Wed (which will give the babe a full 42 weeks).  Everyone at the office was really sympathetic, and they all agreed that there was absolutely no medical reason for my having a c/s today... but it was the only thing they could offer and the only thing their insurance will cover at this point.

I feel completely beat up.  I'm too tired and depressed even to cry.  I was so so so hopeful that my Bishops score would be good enough to at least try for the baby today, and to find out that it's actually LOWER than it was a week ago?  Argh.  I feel like I've been smacked.  This pregnancy has been so difficult physically as well as emotionally, I just need something to go "right" and at the moment, it's not.

I'm trying to reassure myself that with my last birth I had a NST and U/S as well as a check (2cm, with membrane sweep) and then had my babe roughly 12 hours after that appointment.  So it could happen!  It's just I never, in a million years, thought I'd be looking at a calendar to schedule unnecessary, major, surgery with all the complications and down stream risks that surgery entails.  Yes, I know I can keep saying no and keep having NSTs to "prove" things are ok but... I just don't have the reserves.  A dad entering hospice, a MIL putting of her cancer treatment till the babe arrives, three off the walls kids (one with special needs) running me ragged, SPD and pregnancy related carpal tunnel making my hands naerly useless by evening, the worry of not having care for the older kiddos on Monday/Tuesday nights, and so on.  I'm just feeling overwhelmed!

Yack spittal and penguin poo! 

Fingers crossed history repeats itself and I have the babe in the wee hours of the morning on 9/10/11!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#68 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 03:14 PM

I'm really not active these days...  But hello anyway! 

I am now 36wks (37 on Monday).  This pregnancy is very uneventful- just the way I like it.  So nothing really to report, lol.  I've been nesting like CRAZY.  You wouldn't recognize my house if you saw the before & after pics, lol.  I've got all of my birth supplies except the water hose- Why I keep slacking on that one thing, I have no idea. 

The midwives came to the house today for our 36wk home visit.  All went well.  Showed them our bedroom, where the birth supplies & kit are located, talked about plans to empty the pool, measured my belly (which is smaller than normal- okay), and checked the HB.  I don't own a scale so I didn't have to get on that thing and cringe, lol.  Everything's looking great and we are now officially ready for baby to come at any time.  We went ahead and pre-scheduled all of our appts up to 42wks just in case Matthew decides to be stubborn and stay put extra long, but we don't expect it. 

I can't believe my homebirth is so close!  I'm trying to enjoy this last bit and so far impatience hasn't set in.  I hope it stays that way so I can really make the most of this :)

Anywho- here I am at 36wks!

36wks 006.JPG

Hope all you other mommas are doing great!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#69 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 04:25 PM

I am so sorry. What a crappy set of options for you. I understand not having the reserves to put up a big fight -- I have had to fight at the end of both of my previous births and I learned that I am not a good fighter. It saps my will to live. So I totally get that.

Big hugs to you. hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

Hey all.... I am soooooo out of time.  :(

Spent most of the day at the midwives' office... my bishop's score is even lower than it was last week, cervix too closed/posterior to sweep, and a really glowing NST and U/S was my only ticket out of a cesarean delivery this afternoon.  :(  I was able to push off the surgeon meeting till Monday morning, and I'm hoping that when I meet with him I'll be able to push the surgery back till Wed (which will give the babe a full 42 weeks).  Everyone at the office was really sympathetic, and they all agreed that there was absolutely no medical reason for my having a c/s today... but it was the only thing they could offer and the only thing their insurance will cover at this point.

I feel completely beat up.  I'm too tired and depressed even to cry.  I was so so so hopeful that my Bishops score would be good enough to at least try for the baby today, and to find out that it's actually LOWER than it was a week ago?  Argh.  I feel like I've been smacked.  This pregnancy has been so difficult physically as well as emotionally, I just need something to go "right" and at the moment, it's not.

I'm trying to reassure myself that with my last birth I had a NST and U/S as well as a check (2cm, with membrane sweep) and then had my babe roughly 12 hours after that appointment.  So it could happen!  It's just I never, in a million years, thought I'd be looking at a calendar to schedule unnecessary, major, surgery with all the complications and down stream risks that surgery entails.  Yes, I know I can keep saying no and keep having NSTs to "prove" things are ok but... I just don't have the reserves.  A dad entering hospice, a MIL putting of her cancer treatment till the babe arrives, three off the walls kids (one with special needs) running me ragged, SPD and pregnancy related carpal tunnel making my hands naerly useless by evening, the worry of not having care for the older kiddos on Monday/Tuesday nights, and so on.  I'm just feeling overwhelmed!

Yack spittal and penguin poo! 

Fingers crossed history repeats itself and I have the babe in the wee hours of the morning on 9/10/11!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#70 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Aww, wombatclay, I'm so sorry things are working out this way.  I am thinking labour vibes for you--i think you need them more than I do at this point, so all of mine are coming your way!  *huge hugs*

And some for Cathy too--I hope your babe comes this weekend!  I can't imagine the possibility of having my baby without her dad there.

NDFanatik--you look fabulous! 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#71 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

NDFanatik--you look fabulous! 

yeahthat.gif And congrats on a good home visit, NDFanatik!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#72 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, starting the herbs.  Hoping for a baby.  thumb.gif

#73 of 89 Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Oh, Wombatclay, I am so sorry.  What a horrid situation.  But as you say, all is not yet lost -- I will be sending very positive laborific vibes your way! 

FarmerCathy, you too!

To all awaiting their little ones:  Go go gadget birthing!

#74 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 05:09 AM

WombatClay - Sending you all the hugs, good thoughts, and prayers that I can!  hug2.gif  I really hope this weekend, and the upcoming full moon, bring good things to you - mainly LABOR!  Just know we're thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Cathy - Good luck with the herbs!  Hope you get to meet your little one this weekend, too!!  

Not much going on here, just been absolutely exhausted.  I'm beginning to think I'm anemic again based on my level on exhaustion, so I'm trying to watch my diet better.  I have literally been so tired the past two days that I just want to cry... okay, so I actually have cried.  But, on a positive note, at my appointment yesterday the doc said the babe's head is in "perfect" position.  So we went from transverse two weeks ago, slightly oblique last week, and PERFECT this week... I'm ecstatic!  Now if I could shake this exhaustion, I think it would help my impatience to have this kiddo show up sooner rather than later.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#75 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

hug2.gif Wombatclay.  I hope something happens soon.  No babe for me either.  Just woke up to intestinal pain, not much else.  Had a little cramping a couple times after getting up to pee, but that's it.lol.gif

Valerie - Yay!!  That is so great that your babe is head down now, I hope it stays that way.

#76 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 AM

I had more prodromal contractions at 2 am for about an hour again, but alas, no actual labor.  Waking up still pregnant every morning is getting really depressing. I was 3-4 cm on Tuesday-- you'd think any contractions would kick off the real deal.  How much more can they do without this baby just falling out? I'm so grumpy.

#77 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMama View Post

I had more prodromal contractions at 2 am for about an hour again, but alas, no actual labor.  Waking up still pregnant every morning is getting really depressing. I was 3-4 cm on Tuesday-- you'd think any contractions would kick off the real deal.  How much more can they do without this baby just falling out? I'm so grumpy.

I hear ya big time! I go through this every night starting at dinner for about 4-6 hours. Contractions every 2-8 minutes but Im at a point where I dont even get excited anymore. Its just such a tease! What is concerning me though is I can easily ignore this, end up in transition somewhere I simply don't want to be...like tomorrow. My daughter has her very first travel soccer game an hour away from home in the middle of no where. Im trying to hang in there too but its becoming challenging!!! (((HUGS)))

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#78 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Ok, starting the herbs.  Hoping for a baby.  thumb.gif

Is this the last chance for DH to be at the birth? I hope not! That's so much pressure!!! Best of luck to you...

#79 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Aw, sorry to hear that, Cathy.  :(

#80 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

Is this the last chance for DH to be at the birth? I hope not! That's so much pressure!!! Best of luck to you...

He's not leaving until Wednesday, but wanted him to get a chance to bond a little bit before we don't see him until about Oct. 19th.

#81 of 89 Old 09-10-2011, 10:08 AM

Dont give up Mama! And its never too late to bond.. :-)

#82 of 89 Old 09-11-2011, 09:14 AM

I am going to get yelled at! :)

I am painting the bathroom today. Well, at least one wall. My husband has been saying he has been going to to it since we moved in March. I labored in the bathroom at the hospital with my last baby and have a feeling I will be in the bathroom again this time too, but since I am staying home (fingers crossed) I refuse to look at the gross wall while in labor.

It is just dirty and needs to be painted. It hasn't been painted for 13 years and it's time. I don't even care if the rest of the bathroom gets painted, just the wall that I will end up looking at. :D

So, at 37.5 weeks I am painting. And I don't really care if it pisses my husband off. I can't take it anymore!!

#83 of 89 Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I switched out the kids summer to winter clothes.  I HATE that.  I also had to go through the closets because I didn't exactly do a good job of sorting and labeling the last two change outs.  I swear I am moving South to avoid this chore!  I HATE HATE HATE it!

I also vacuumed all the louver closet doors.  Each room have 4-8 of them to do.  They look SOOO much better now!  DH said it wouldn't work.  Well he was WRONG!  Yeah!

I think I may be nesting for the first time ever.

#84 of 89 Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 AM

NC05 - I hear you about those times when the husband says he will do it and then never does. So frustrating. We had a big pile of wood and rocks in the back of our SUV that my husband removed from near our rental house fence when making a repair to it. I got tired of seeing it in the back of the car after a week (plus how stupid is it for gas mileage to drive around with another passenger's worth of weight?). So I removed the whole pile to the garage floor so he could do whatever he had planned to do with it. He got mad that I did it and said "it's not like it was going to stay in there FOREVER" and here it is, maybe four weeks later...guess where it is? And guess where it would have been now if I hadn't moved it. So anyway, I would have done the same as you, sometimes if you want something done you just have to do it yourself. 38 weeks pregnant or not. Sigh!

#85 of 89 Old 09-11-2011, 01:41 PM

I only painted for about 20 min before I decided I was happy. Lol my husband is actually finishing the rest of the bathroom now. I will feel guilty about taking up part of his weekend later, but not now. He also turned over the garden for me today too, so things are getting done, just not in order.

I am starting to be super irritable about everything. It seems like it is the way to be before having a baby though. It amazes me what will just rub me the wrong way and I am embarrassed by how worked up I can get.

I think my two little guys can sense the upcoming change and they have been testing the boundaries big time over the last couple days too.
Sigh, almost done!
#86 of 89 Old 09-11-2011, 08:25 PM

My 3.5 year old has been driving me BATTY. My patience level is directly related to how rested I am though. The night before last I was up for 2 hrs in the middle of the night with some intense practice labor and yesterday I had so little patience with her. It was horrible. Today was much better. Anyway, glad you got your bathroom painted! DH put the pile of concrete (minus the wood) back in the car to take it somewhere to dispose of it, but then forgot as he had a bunch of stops to make on his outing. So it's back in the back of the SUV now. I just have to laugh! He was awesome to me today though, made a giant pot of chicken noodle soup and helped me make some roasted butternut squash soup so I could freeze them. Also helped with the laundry, making beds and picking up. I hear you though, the irritability seems to be part of the final stages of pregnancy. I remember it from last time too.

I have the house pretty much the way I want it now for labor/birth/beyond and am having to work my tail off to keep it that way. Ugh!

#87 of 89 Old 09-12-2011, 04:10 AM

Lost my uterine seal yesterday!!!! Nothing to speak of for most of the day until I sat at my daughters soccer game in the sun and drive an hour there and back. Spent the rest of the night breathing through some heavy contractions. These ones actually hurt for the first time. I got to a point where I felt to tired for labor and needed to rest and I managed to pass out in the middle of it all. And guess what?! I woke up with no contractions, again! Well, its a full moon and I know its right here. She also completely turned to my left side and it feel so weird after having her on the right for so long! Ive got nothing to do today but get the ball rolling so once the kiddos are out the door to school Im going walking!

#88 of 89 Old 09-12-2011, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Im in the same boat Dlynn! I've been pretty quiet about it, but my water released in a flood on the front sidewalk as we were saying goodbye to some friends on Sat night.  The kids were cheering...so maybe the whole neighborhood knows. Anyway...it's following my typical pattern so far, this is my 4th babe who began with my water breaking and NO LABOR to speak of....it took just about  72 hrs for my active labor to begin afterwards so Im waiting .....patiently....or at least trying to.  today after the kids get off to school, Im going walking at the beach with my husband. maybe we'll do some kissing too <3

#89 of 89 Old 09-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Thinking of you nurnur and hoping labor begins for you soon!

I have been very crampy again today with some regular squeezes so that is fun. The weekend was so quiet after some very intense practice labor on Friday night that I really thought was the real thing. I am trying hard to get a research article finished up today, believe it or not (maybe it's just me who thinks this is a ridiculous thing to be working on at this point but I have no choice) so it's not hanging over my head.

I have an appt tomorrow and midwife is going to check my cervix. Very interested to know how things are looking!

Oh and today is my birthday. 37, boy do I feel old. Especially for having a baby soon. :) But I feel really good nonetheless. Quite unventful with the focus being on the baby's arrival, plus my two other children are sick and our pregnant babysitter with morning sickness is taking care of them...not a happy crew around here today!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page