Mothering Forum banner

~*Chat Thread for Sept. 5th - 11th*~

3K views 88 replies 18 participants last post by  Gracecody 
#1 ·
I can't believe I'm still here starting another week of chat thread.
lol.gif
I was hoping for being at home breastfeeding a baby.
orngtongue.gif
Maybe she will wait and come on dh's birthday when he comes back next Friday. Dh says she has a 5pm - 11:59pm window that he'll be here and it will still be his birthday. I told him he is silly and can hope, but I doubt it.
lol.gif
I guess crazier things have happened. I'd really like dh to be here, but I just don't know, who knows really when she will decide to come.

Congrats Happy Monkey!! Sounds like a lovely labor.

I'm sorry so many of us are so grouchy. That doesn't sound fun at all. I guess I have time to get more errands done, that aren't essential, but its nice that I can get them done before baby arrives, even if I am such a slow moving creature these days.

I had my OB appt. last Friday and he was so nice, but MIL also pointed out that it was Friday AND he was going to be gone on vacation all weekend. I guess its really ok that I didn't go into labor because the icky OB was on call for the weekend and I'm ok with that.

Last night though the bh contractions were really hurting my left side. I noticed that is the side they tend to harden my uterus on the most, so it was just so sore. I got up at 5am to eat a snack and layed on the couch and every 5 or 10 minutes I would have one. I'm like no wonder I'm so sore. Too bad they didn't help anything along. Maybe that's a good sign they are so close together.
shrug.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
38 weeks and counting too, Cathy! I guess you don't want the icky OB. That could just tighten you up all over and make your labor more drawn out than it should be. Poo to that!
duck.gif
I wonder if we will have any LABOR DAY BABIES?! I thought Id have an early baby too, no such luck! I guess she has a mind of her own! I have one 40 weeker and one 37 weeker so I guess she wants to be independent already. I like it! I was a cranky monster yesterday. Dh was a sweetie and steam cleaned all the floors for me to cheer me up cause he knows how much I want to bring a baby home to a tidy and clean house.
love.gif
My photography partner also brought me lunch and helped me edit pics all day, even though we still have a wedding and a 50th Birthday to finish before baby girl comes along. Plus she has the weekend off so she was hoping she would have a birth to photograph! Well she is coming back over today with spicy thai aggplant and hopefully that helps! EPO, RRL, sex (omg...I swear...it happened...
thumbsup.gif
..haha!) but nothing more than the usual BH. Which are getting stronger but nothing to write home about since last weeks prodromal episode. The low pressure is wild though, I feel like Im sitting on her head most of the time which is making my SPD super intense..as in my right leg slips out from under me on the stairs. Not good!

I guess Ive fallen into the "Im ready! Come out come out and play" boat too....didnt even have time to get that way with DD. Either way were all right around the corner. I keep trying to tell myself it's okay but as the day wears on I get more uncomfortable and more cranky and I dont want to hear it! lol! Soon, soon, so soon!!!
violin.gif
Cry me a river, right?!

#3 ·
Sounds like we're all in the same boat! I know I'm only 38 1/2 weeks, but I'm so anxious to get this baby out already. I've been pregnant for a year. Also I really want my VBA2C, and my chances are so much better if she comes out sooner than later. I really don't want to go to 41 1/2 weeks again. I have an NST tomorrow, and another membrane sweep on Thursday. Last week's sweep seems to have made me make some progress...I had a couple hours of painful contractions on Friday night, and have been having more frequent and

uncomfortable BH since then, but still no labour to speak of. I've been going for hour+ long walks every day in hopes of getting things moving, but so far all it's done is give me blisters on my feet and sore legs lol. I'm probably going to see a reflexologist this week too--it seemed to work for Smurfy!

My kids were gone all weekend with their dad, first time in weeks, and I have to admit it was so nice. I needed a weekend to rest and recharge and relax as much as possible. They're back to school tomorrow, so things will get busy again. They were hoping they'd come home to a baby sister, but no such luck.

This baby is SO LOW. My cervix is right there--when I go to insert EPO capsules, it's immediately right there. I don't even know if we could physically have sex if we tried right now. My hips and lower back are so sore in the morning from having her head right there. My other babies never got this low, ever. I have faith she is going to show up early...I sure hope so.

#4 ·
I haven't posted in forever.. we moved further into the country in June and havent found cheap internet yet :) My EDD is to,orrow and I have been anxious since about 37 weeks.. I have been dialtated to 4 and 50% effaced for about that long too... I can't believe he hasnt come out yet.. I was hoping for a labor day labor but I'm not so sure that will happen.. I have been having alot of contractions today but nothing too regular and most of them arent very intense... I keep telling myself I cant be pregnant forever I just have a hard time beliving it lol I guess cause I've never gone through this.. idk... I haven't been sleeping well for the last week, lots of tossing and turning, so I hope it's almost time...Anyway it might be a few days before i am online again (even if I don't have a baby) So if anyone else goes into labor I hope you have an easy and safe labor and delivery! I am gonna go for a walk and try to get something started! *crosses fingers*

#5 ·
I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and going back and forth on wanting this baby out. On one hand, my back is sore, I'm constantly exhausted, braxton hicks like crazy, and I can't get a really good nights sleep. The other side is tomorrow is the first day of school for the kids, I'm supposed to go with a friend and her brand new baby to LLL meeting on Friday, we are planning apple picking on Saturday, and the 14th is back to school night.

So logically if this little one wants to wait until the 15th that's great. Physically? Yeah, now would be good :).

#6 ·
Sounds like we have a lot of mamas with their hands raised so to speak of please let this baby come soon.
lol.gif
I really want dh here, but he's only going to be here Friday thru Wednesday of next week. So, its really ideal if she were to come before he got here so he could spend more time with her before leaves again and can help out with everything for a few days before we don't see him until Oct. 19th when I drive up to MI with her. So, I don't know which would be better. I would love the support, but I think I will be fine on my own too with just MIL with me.

Robyn - blisters don't sound fun.
greensad.gif

Dlynn - the SPD is no fun, I'd be afraid to go on stairs anymore, in fact I already don't like going up and down stairs, I feel too ungainly to use them.

#7 ·
My intestines have been flushing out again today. I'm taking that as a sign and not because dh left, like last time. It happened 3 weeks ago, so really, I'm calling it a sign. Heh.
fingersx.gif

#8 ·
I survived my camping weekend. Its great to be home and I have spent all day trying to cath up on laundry. Now my back is sore, my feet and ankles are huge and I am exhausted!! lol School starts tomorrow for my older kids so that is pretty exciting, So much going on in the next few weeks I don't know when to want this baby to come anymore. I think my body is done being pregnant, lol.

Cathy - I hope that is a good sign for you and you have a good labor when the time comes ;)

VTechMom - I totally agree with you on being physically done/ready for baby to come, but having a lot on your plate and able to wait in that aspect. lol I've been planning a birthday pot luck for my DH on the 10th, but honestly thought the babe would have been here by now so it wouldn't be too bad. Now I am a little scare babe will decide to come on the 9th/10th lol.

PrincessJules - I have been having lots of BH and some mild contractions too. Hopefully yours pick up soon and you have a good labour!! I swear my body is just teasing me... and eventually I will have this babe but until then I am trying to ignore any tightening/contractions that come my way (Otherwise I might go CraZy!!)

Robyn - I hope your babe decides to come early so you get your vbac. Maybe because she is so low it will happen soon?! My baby still hasn't 'dropped' carrying higher than ever before.. I am hoping that isn't a sign that labour is far off for me :( haha

Dlynn - Can't imagine having SPD with a low baby! I have some pelvic issues, but not SPD and my baby is still high... can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be!!

Can't believe how many momma's in our group are having their babies!! Its very exciting. I got to snuggle my little not even 2 week old nephew today! All the cute little grunts and moans are adorable <3

#9 ·
I love checking in a few times a day now and reading about the new little babes! So fun.

I had a big disappointment today - thought my home visit with my midwife was tomorrow and called to confirm...found it that it is actually Friday. This normally wouldn't be a big deal but I will be just about 38 weeks then and I haven't seen her since 34 weeks! Am getting just slightly antsy to make sure everything is still on track!! I also am really in need of the TLC and morale boost that only she can give me at this point. Also I busted my rear cleaning today in preparation and now am going to have to go another round on Thursday night. With two young children, two shedding dogs in the house and a husband who works from home, things don't stay tidy around here for long. Sigh!

Baby is so low that I can feel the head RIGHT THERE when I get up in bed to pee at night, a very weird feeling!! He dropped a few weeks ago and is really crunched up down in my pelvis. Strangely my SPD has gotten a lot better this week and I haven't seen the chiropractor for it for a week now. Hmmmmm. Makes me wonder if I should bother going back!

Had a really awful stomach virus on Saturday courtesy of my son who just started kindergarten and brought it home from school. I took care of him and then his sister while they puked their guts out so I wasn't surprised to get it. For me it wasn't vomiting, just fever and sharp, sharp stomach pains and headache. Soooooo happy to feel back to my old self today!!

In our family we have birthdays on the 12th, 14th and 23rd so I am hoping to avoid those days so everyone can keep their own birthdays. Starting to get so excited!!

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

My intestines have been flushing out again today. I'm taking that as a sign and not because dh left, like last time. It happened 3 weeks ago, so really, I'm calling it a sign. Heh.
fingersx.gif
Weird, me too today, Cathy! I hope it's a sign (for both of us!!!)

#11 ·
Labor day has come and gone and at least 2 more babies were born! My kids are off to school again after a week of delays due to the hurricane. I think our whole town has power back down. At least I hope so, I wouldn't want to get the kids ready for school after a week and half of no power! Id have checked into a hotel by now. Not that I could afford it at this point but I think my sanity level would have been insanely low! After having being home with the kids for over 2 months I have to figure what to do with myself now! Holy cow!!! Weve been ready for the baby for weeks cause we were sure she would come early....sigh!

So, I am firm believer in our bodies doing what they are meant to do in pregnancy. Which is why Ive accepted the SPD as part of the process (never had it before with dd or ds or even knew it existed!,) but last I came to the realization that if I havent had her yet, than what is the point of my pelvis separating as early as 6 months? What gives?! I actually feel fine when I wake up in the morning. But by mid day my right leg just goes right out from under me and it seems to be related to where she is sitting. Now that the chiro got her off my right side, jammed firmly under my anterior placenta, pressing on the ureter with the evil kidney stone...now this?! LOL! I cant help but laugh, cause crying is a lot less fun.
ROTFLMAO.gif
Well, Im trying to stay in good spirits cause its just me and doggies until the kids and DH get home from work.

Cathy, I must have missed why your DH is away so much? I know he was looking for work for a while there, Im assuming he found a job out of state? Poor dear, your handling it so well.

#12 ·
Just wanted to pop in to say hello! I hope everyone is doing well, and a little less grumpy. I've been on the grumpy train too for the last few days. I'll get into an argument with DH over anything, and then feel guilty about it afterwards. And I'm definitely with everyone on wanting this little one to make an appearance all ready... and I'm only 37 weeks! I know the rest of you that are close to 40 must be really anxious to get the labor party started! I'm hopeful that that full moon next week will bring a bunch of babies for us.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

So, I am firm believer in our bodies doing what they are meant to do in pregnancy. Which is why Ive accepted the SPD as part of the process (never had it before with dd or ds or even knew it existed!,) but last I came to the realization that if I havent had her yet, than what is the point of my pelvis separating as early as 6 months? What gives?! I actually feel fine when I wake up in the morning. But by mid day my right leg just goes right out from under me and it seems to be related to where she is sitting. Now that the chiro got her off my right side, jammed firmly under my anterior placenta, pressing on the ureter with the evil kidney stone...now this?! LOL! I cant help but laugh, cause crying is a lot less fun.
ROTFLMAO.gif
Well, Im trying to stay in good spirits cause its just me and doggies until the kids and DH get home from work.

Cathy, I must have missed why your DH is away so much? I know he was looking for work for a while there, Im assuming he found a job out of state? Poor dear, your handling it so well.
hug2.gif
Dlynn - I hope you get some relief soon.

My dh had to take a job up in MI. I'll be moving up there with the babe mid-October. I'm staying with the IL's, which has been great. MIL is very protective.
lol.gif
Dh was here last weekend and is planning to come back this Friday through next Wednesday. He will pack up the truck with all our stuff Tuesday and Wednesday except what I need for me and need for the babe, which is all over at MIL's now and all set-up, just waiting for this babe to come.

I think I'm liking these thunderstorms and rain. I sleep so well. It is so nice. I'm thinking she will wait until this weekend for the full moon and I will start the herbal induce again Thursday night and maybe we'll just have a baby on Friday for dh's birthday. He would love that.
love.gif

Oh, and the really sad thing yesterday while I was driving home I took this stretch of road that I'm always telling dh to slow down because it is so easy to speed and I got a speeding ticket.
irked.gif
I was not paying attention at all and cried all the way home, but was able to keep it together in front of MIL who I did not want to know. $214!!!!!! Not what we need right now, but dh laughed at me when I told him because I'm always telling him to slow down there. I never take that stretch of road by myself and the one time I do I get a stinking ticket. He was evil about it too. He probably thought I was a bad mom.
greensad.gif

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Just wanted to pop in to say hello! I hope everyone is doing well, and a little less grumpy. I've been on the grumpy train too for the last few days. I'll get into an argument with DH over anything, and then feel guilty about it afterwards. And I'm definitely with everyone on wanting this little one to make an appearance all ready... and I'm only 37 weeks! I know the rest of you that are close to 40 must be really anxious to get the labor party started! I'm hopeful that that full moon next week will bring a bunch of babies for us.
Val - I was just thinking about you. I hope the grump monster gets better. Yes, please full moon do the trick.

#15 ·
Cathy - oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your ticket! And on that stretch of road. Ugh. DH got one a few weeks ago for a u-turn that was also in the $200's. Ouch. You are doing so well with being uprooted and away from your DH, I am such a homebody and creature of habit that I am not sure I would cope well, pregnant or not. Are you knitting anything now?

Val - we have the same due date so I can understand how you're feeling! I am thinking next week sounds good too. Full moon is on my birthday so am hoping to sit that one out. :)

I am so glad the weather finally decided to cool off here, then I don't have to get up in the night to mess with the fan in the window. Last thing I will need with a baby waking up in the night.

Trying to stay positive but feeling so BLAH this week. Can't really say definitively I'm ready to be done, just ready to be able to move more freely is what I think it is.

#16 ·
A good friend of mine who was due 2 weeks after me had her baby last night--and she was planning a c-section. How come nothing I do will make me go into labour for a very badly wanted VBA2C, and she is the one who goes into labour first?! She had the c-section early, and had a little boy. I'm happy for her, but kind of grouchy that I'm still pregnant lol.

I think we all need to have our babies now. Now? How bout now?

#17 ·
I had my home visit yesterday and the GBS swab. I am so excited to have done the home visit because I feel like it is permission to go ahead and go into labor. I will be 37 weeks tomorrow, so I feel 'safe' to have a baby now. :)

We cleaned house this weekend including the carpets and furniture and did a ton of grocery shopping so I can do some freezer cooking and stocked up on some staples. Baby probably won't come until after all the food is eaten and one of my boys spills something gross on the carpet... :)

We also maybe have picked a name too! That has been a huge struggle this time around. So the name we came up with this weekend is good. Neither one of us hate it, I don't know if I love it yet, but that's ok. It's progress!!

My lower back is super super sore and achy today. I am not going to read anything else into it except that it is probably from not sleeping well last night. ;)

I have BH throughout the day and they intensify at night, but they don't do much other than help me practice relaxing.

Hope everyone has a great week and that healthy babies start to show up!!!!

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Cathy - oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your ticket! And on that stretch of road. Ugh. DH got one a few weeks ago for a u-turn that was also in the $200's. Ouch. You are doing so well with being uprooted and away from your DH, I am such a homebody and creature of habit that I am not sure I would cope well, pregnant or not. Are you knitting anything now?
That's a bummer your dh got a couple too. No fun. It was really tough at first for dh to be away, but since I moved in with his parents I'm able to cope a lot better. I was having panic attacks staying at the other house by myself.

Yes, I am knitting and almost done with another pair of shorties. Just a few more rows to go. Hoping to start another pair and finish them while baby is nursing in the yarn that I was supposed to get from the yarn shop a few weeks ago. I need to call them and see if its in yet. I'm just glad I've had enough yarn to keep me busy until then. I will post a pic of the new shorties soon in the crafty thread, they came out really cute in two shades of purple.
orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

A good friend of mine who was due 2 weeks after me had her baby last night--and she was planning a c-section. How come nothing I do will make me go into labour for a very badly wanted VBA2C, and she is the one who goes into labour first?! She had the c-section early, and had a little boy. I'm happy for her, but kind of grouchy that I'm still pregnant lol.

I think we all need to have our babies now. Now? How bout now?
Yes, NOW would be good.
lol.gif

#19 ·
40w2d here, and Im more than ready...well I think I am. I don't seem to care about all the little details anymore. maybe by babe #6 this is how it is. I wash a big load of towels to have in my birth supplies, and then they are gone the next day, only to be found on the kids' bedroom floors....I give up! I need a lock...on every thing. tomorrow school starts! maybe that's what I need to have this baby, just 6 hours of somewhat quiet...(2 year old stays with me of course)...but the lack of sibling fighting will be a slice of heaven. I need to go grocery shopping today, I thought last week was the last "big grocery trip" I would have to make pre-baby...but nope! any suggestions for easy healthy foods to buy...Im out of ideas.

#20 ·
40+2 here as well and was not expecting to still be prego. I'm really not a fan of people always saying "so, no baby?" Of course there's no baby.....if there was you wouldn't be talking to me right now! I haven't had a lot of Braxton Hicks, but the ones that I do have a fairly intense and are very low and feel like things opening. Last week I was almost 2cm open. Maybe I'll skip all the early labor stuff and go straight into active. Here's to hoping. Yesterday we went to the fair here and there were many, many pregnant ladies around. I ended up talking to one that isn't due for another month and she was surprised to hear that I was due the other day. Apparently, I don't look overly pregnant.
shrug.gif

Wishing all the other overdue mommas a very happy, blessed week!

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mae14 View Post

40+2 here as well and was not expecting to still be prego. I'm really not a fan of people always saying "so, no baby?" Of course there's no baby.....if there was you wouldn't be talking to me right now! I haven't had a lot of Braxton Hicks, but the ones that I do have a fairly intense and are very low and feel like things opening. Last week I was almost 2cm open. Maybe I'll skip all the early labor stuff and go straight into active. Here's to hoping. Yesterday we went to the fair here and there were many, many pregnant ladies around. I ended up talking to one that isn't due for another month and she was surprised to hear that I was due the other day. Apparently, I don't look overly pregnant.
shrug.gif

Wishing all the other overdue mommas a very happy, blessed week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post

40w2d here, and Im more than ready...well I think I am. I don't seem to care about all the little details anymore. maybe by babe #6 this is how it is. I wash a big load of towels to have in my birth supplies, and then they are gone the next day, only to be found on the kids' bedroom floors....I give up! I need a lock...on every thing. tomorrow school starts! maybe that's what I need to have this baby, just 6 hours of somewhat quiet...(2 year old stays with me of course)...but the lack of sibling fighting will be a slice of heaven. I need to go grocery shopping today, I thought last week was the last "big grocery trip" I would have to make pre-baby...but nope! any suggestions for easy healthy foods to buy...Im out of ideas.
healthy food...if ya figure this out let me know! I made 2 lasagnas and 2 mac and cheese casseroles to freeze before I realized that the last thing I need after the birth is a ton starch and dairy products. DUH. So yesterday I made a big fat pot of lentil soup. Now at least I have that in the freezer. I bought some frozen fruit for smoothies but do I really want to be running a blender with a newborn on me? Probably not. One thing I did with my last baby was have a bunch of real cranberry juice (no cocktail) on hand and every time I nursed I had a tall glass of ice and filled it with half water half cranberry. Great for the GU system after birth. I also have a bunch of oatmeal on hand to lend for easy bowel activity after birth. No one wants to be constipated after pushing out a baby. LOL!

I also hear you on the towels. It makes me crazy. Not to mention its two flights of stairs to the washer/dryer and my pelvis screams at me when Im walking down them no matter carrying laundry. Seriously, Im happy they are bathing, but easy on the towels kids! :)

#22 ·
nurnur...i know what you mean about the grocery shopping...i did a big trip last week, and was hoping that would be the last one before the baby comes. and then you run out of milk or this or that...i really don't want to buy any more groceries until after this baby is born! i keep thinking everything is bought and ready, and then we run out and she's still not here...frustrating!!!

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

healthy food...if ya figure this out let me know! I made 2 lasagnas and 2 mac and cheese casseroles to freeze before I realized that the last thing I need after the birth is a ton starch and dairy products. DUH. So yesterday I made a big fat pot of lentil soup. Now at least I have that in the freezer. I bought some frozen fruit for smoothies but do I really want to be running a blender with a newborn on me? Probably not. One thing I did with my last baby was have a bunch of real cranberry juice (no cocktail) on hand and every time I nursed I had a tall glass of ice and filled it with half water half cranberry. Great for the GU system after birth. I also have a bunch of oatmeal on hand to lend for easy bowel activity after birth. No one wants to be constipated after pushing out a baby. LOL!

I also hear you on the towels. It makes me crazy. Not to mention its two flights of stairs to the washer/dryer and my pelvis screams at me when Im walking down them no matter carrying laundry. Seriously, Im happy they are bathing, but easy on the towels kids! :)
My midwife had a GREAT tip for this one - go to Walmart or similar, buy six of the cheapest towels you can find so you don't mind if they get stained/trashed (I found some for just under $4 each), wash them 2-3 times to get all the nasties out, then dry them on HIGH in the dryer and immediately stick them in a clean paper bag, which you then put inside a plastic bag and tie up tight. This helps sterilize them somewhat and also makes them off limits to everyone. I too was madly washing towels and washcloths (not to mention underwear, holy cow can I go through them these days) over the weekend. We decided not to have a birth pool because my last labor went so quickly and instead use our big tub, and I'll need clean towels to put in the bottom to make it more comfy for laboring.

As for food...watch out for the lentils as they can make baby really gassy. I had trouble with that last time. I made a huge amount of lentils and ham as well as red lentils and then couldn't eat them anymore after they gave baby a sore gassy tummy. :( Mine may be more sensitive to that though. My two children also couldn't tolerate dairy until around age 2 so I am wondering with this one if I will need to cut out dairy preventatively or just keep an eye on how babe reacts.

My pelvis does the same going down stairs, I wonder if I should try scooting down the stairs on my rear end instead. :)

#24 ·
Had another OB visit today... I hate that place. Despite being taken back 10 minutes before my appointment time for the preliminary stuff, I still did not see the doc until a hour and a half AFTER my appointment time. Pisses me off to no end to wait that long. I'm grumpy enough at this point anyway-- certainly don't need her help in that department.

Not too much changed since last week. She said I was 3-4 cm and about 60% effaced. I think she may have stripped my membranes without asking or telling me, though. Even though they always say "you may have some spotting" after an internal, I've never had any to speak of, with any internal exam I've ever had. One initial wipe generally takes care of any spotting there is. Anyway, today she took longer than I thought it should take to just determine how dilated I was, and it was pretty uncomfortable. She did have to really kinda reach because my cervix is still pretty high and posterior, but the NP who I saw last week did too, and it was no big deal. This time, when it was over, she said "you're going to have some bleeding" and the nurse that was in there to assist handed me a pad. I was kinda surprised by that. Anyway, as I was cleaning up, every single wipe was like all blood, or at least consistently bright pink fluid anyway (blood mixed with their gel goop and whatever I already had going on down there). And now, 8 hours later, every time I wipe there is still blood. It's not really a worrisome amount, and it's not actually making it to the pad, but still. I think I'm going to call the office tomorrow and ask if she did or not. If she did, I'm going to be seriously, seriously pissed off, and will probably not go back. That on top of the fear mongering about the big baby thing is just too much. I hate this practice, and if it wasn't so late in the game and I wasn't planning a home birth w/ a midwife anyway, I'd probably switch.

#25 ·
Olliemama - that sounds awful. My last midwife in CA did that to me without asking as well, but not that bad. Gah!! I would be screaming at them.
irked.gif

I'm having more bh contractions than usual today. Seems like every 5 minutes. They make me slow down too. I wish Thursday night would come sooner. I'm going to take a dose of herbal induce then and hope the moon and everything helps start labor that night. Seems so far away.
orngtongue.gif

#26 ·
I have two plastic storage bins set aside for birth stuff. Like towels and pads and clothes for babe and I, etc. Those haven't been touched since I packed them in the bins and they are solely to be used for the birth or immediately post partum. That takes care of not having towels when I'll really need them. :)

In my 2nd trimester I worked on putting aside at least a meal a week.(I've learned that I do not feel up to cooking a single meal, let alone a double meal in 3rd tri) I have about 2 weeks worth of meals in the freezer. Chicken noodle soup, chili, chicken enchiladas, cabbage rolls, hamburger patties in brown gravy, bbq beef, baked spaghetti, lasagna rolls, chicken tortilla soup, raspberry cream cheese muffins, zucchini muffins, zucchini bread, banana bread. There may be more that I've forgotten was in there by this point.
redface.gif
Plus, we've worked our booties off the last month harvesting and storing things from our garden. So, I have lots of fresh canned spaghetti sauce, green beans, corn, applesauce, apple pie filling, and way more pickles than I'd ever need in a years time. LOL

I'm all excited! A good friend of mine is in labor! And another girl that is a real life due date buddy is having her baby tomorrow. She's had some problems with her bp and swelling so they are either going to induce or section tomorrow. Either way, that's two of my friends due right along with me having their babies!
joy.gif

Olliemomma, I'd be pissed! What a violation! Can you just not consent to the checks? I've never had a check w/o being in labor and I asked for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.