Overdue and sick of the "check-ins". - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 09-09-2011, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I swear if I get one more text, phone call or email checking to see if I am still pregnant, I am going to SCREAM! I am SO sick of being pregnant, considering that my EDD based on  LMP was August 29th. I got an email today from a friend who gave birth last month that said, "Surely you've had your baby by now, so here's wishing you a great day!", as if for some reason I had left her off the notification list. I sent back a terse, "No. You are on the birth announcement list, don't worry." If she was here I would have likely screamed at her unnecessarily. My midwife says it's a good thing that I'm so irritable, but I seriously want to destroy something right now, I am so cranky. 

FIREdevil.gif

hakeber likes this.

Moo.

#2 of 18 Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

:(  Hugs.  

I went "late" with DS.  I refused to tell people my EDD the last 2 times.  I have said "Late Sept-Early Oct." from day one.  It makes it SO hard when you are already feeling on edge to get those calls/texts/email.

Hang in there.  Unplug the phone.  Don't accept texts.  Don't read your email.

More hugs!!!!!

hakeber likes this.
#3 of 18 Old 09-10-2011, 06:10 AM

I usually chat with my mom every day at least once, but she's pretty much on call to drop whatever and get here when it's time, so I avoid calling her if at all possible because she'll pick up and frantically say "Hi, is it time!!?!" and I wish nothing more than for it to be time, but it's not (yet). If I have to call her I try to cut her off with "I'm not in labor!"  I've pretty much stopped calling anyone even if I'd like to talk to them, for this reason. Sorry you're dealing with a similar irritation.  Soon enough, these babies will be out, or so they say.  I'm not sure I believe it anymore :)

#4 of 18 Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

People have started asking me and driving me crazy, and I'm not due for another week. And the "but you're so big!" comments are not helping my mood either. 

What is with people? We will tell you when the baby arrives! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#5 of 18 Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 AM

A friend of mine notified everyone that with every "Have you had that baby yet?", she would add an extra hour to the time of their birth announcement call or email, with no limits.  This could potentially add days.  It sounds like a good idea to me!

This website is great:  http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

Mommel likes this.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#6 of 18 Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

Love it!

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#7 of 18 Old 09-10-2011, 04:18 PM

I feel your pain! I went overdue to 41w, 3d before labour finally started Monday night (after a couple of doses of castor oil) and people were driving me bananas with the checking up. I started sending cheery facebook updates saying blandly positive things to circumvent all the questions that being silent brought on. Best of luck- it'll happen soon!

#8 of 18 Old 09-10-2011, 06:36 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Love it!

Quote:

A friend of mine notified everyone that with every "Have you had that baby yet?", she would add an extra hour to the time of their birth announcement call or email, with no limits.  This could potentially add days.  It sounds like a good idea to me!

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#9 of 18 Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 AM

Back in the 70's when my MIL was having her babies, they didn't give her a due date. They just said your baby will be born sometime in late July/ early August. I wish they still did that now!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#10 of 18 Old 09-11-2011, 10:11 AM

I posted that http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ on Facebook, just to get a laugh. That's good stuff! I have to say my own mother is driving me out of mind. She will be the first one we call as she is going to come over and hang out with the kids when we leave for the birth center. And she still proceeds to call me every single day asking if Im labor yet, almost with an attitude as if were going to leave her out and needs to be reminded. Yesterday her home phone broke and she went into a monumental PANIC that I might go into labor "without her" and went running all over the county for some battery or something and ended up with a new phone she couldnt figure out and has been calling me ever since to make sure she didnt miss anything because she doesnt believe it works. She is 70 going on 98, I seriously cant take it anymore. She is sweet and kind and means well but she is stressing me out!!! I didnt answer her calls today and she left me a message in a huff over a message I left yesterday when I was testing her line for her because she thought I left it today and she didnt hear the phone ring! GAAAAHHHH!!!!! And the funny thing is I was excited to call her to tell her I lost my uterine seal this morning and now after the message with a huge TUDE Im not calling. I just cant deal. Not to mention that after all of her complaining she will tell me Im not having the baby till the end of the month. WHATEVER! Okay, thats my rant! :-)

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#11 of 18 Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM

This truly is the worst part of pregnancy, in my opinion. I was due on 8-29, and starting about two weeks prior there have been daily emails/texts/fbs/phone calls. The more time that passes, the more incessant people get. I swear, it's as if people think you're just not going to let them know you've had a baby! I post when I'm going to the store, how I'm feeling, things I find funny on social networking sites-DON'T you think I'll post when I've given birth to a child?

It makes me want to respond out of spite and just ignore all the inquiries completely, but I know that will only spawn more concern and probably out of town trips by relatives to the hospital and our house to make sure we are ok and they are in the loop. I just wish people would understand how much pressure this puts on us mamas, especially those of us already overdue. We have no choice in the matter and CANNOT predict when they're going to be here...so just trust we'll let you know!

Joyful wife to Jacob and mama to Eleanor. 

#12 of 18 Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM

DDCC from December- though, I won't even tell people an approximate date this time.  

My oldest was due in October, and wound up arriving in LATE November. (I refused induction and had daily NSTs)  That time taught me to never again tell anyone anything specific about the date.

Hang in there, and tell anyone who calls that the pressure to perform is slowing things down, so remind them NOT TO ASK.  

#13 of 18 Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynicholstobe View Post
We have no choice in the matter and CANNOT predict when they're going to be here...so just trust we'll let you know!

Seriously - it's so bizarre how people think we that somehow know and are purposely withholding this critical piece of information from them... 

#14 of 18 Old 09-13-2011, 04:29 AM

Yep, I have lied to aaaalmost everyone (including my parents, but excluding my midwives of course!) and given a fake date, 2+ weeks later than my real one. I have gone 18 days and 12 days late before, and I have learned my lesson about honestly in this one realm of life. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

DDCC from December- though, I won't even tell people an approximate date this time.  

My oldest was due in October, and wound up arriving in LATE November. (I refused induction and had daily NSTs)  That time taught me to never again tell anyone anything specific about the date.

Hang in there, and tell anyone who calls that the pressure to perform is slowing things down, so remind them NOT TO ASK.  

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#15 of 18 Old 09-22-2011, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

I am checking back on this thread and laughing now... somewhat maniacally... because... get this...

I am STILL pregnant. 

jaw.gif

So, I was offered the non-stress test and biophysical profile today at my midwife's office... but I know that he is warm and happy and snug as a bug in there... just waiting and biding his sweet little time. Meanwhile, I have had to cancel my meal train, which would be over this weekend had he come on time. And I'm supposed to be starting classes next week (obviously not going to happen - hardy har har har), so I emailed all of my professors, who are thankfully all very flexible and supportive. I am 3cms dilated and 90% effaced and the little guy's head is about as far into position as it can be without crowning. So... COME ON, BABY!!! What the heck is taking so long? Every single one of my friends and family know better by now than to even call or text... I have been super cranky and mean with even the people I was trying to be nice to about that. My midwife is the only one who finds that hilarious... thank heavens someone does.

I have taught myself how to weave patterned bracelets with seed beads and made three cuff bracelets (one for each of my midwife team), watched four seasons of NUMB3RS on Netflix, read three books in their entirety (and I'm a very slow reader!), shopped for an appropriate fall wardrobe for post-partum, done all the laundry seven times and packed a diaper bag, rearranged the furniture, watched six movies at home and three in the theater, had eight visitors, handled four financial matters, paid all the bills up through next month and stocked the freezer and fridge with as much as it can take. I shower twice a day for no reason other than I can, and I've gone for too many walks around the mall down the street so that the lady who sits at the counter at the jewelry store and I have a regular chat about how to kickstart labor... and I eat Mexican food way more than I want to. What to do next? Any suggestions?

Moo.

#16 of 18 Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM

Oh Rachel, I was just thinking about you today, wondering how you were doing.  You seem to be handling it really well.  I have to admit I chuckled at your post, but I really do feel for you.   Overdue-land is no fun at all, I wish I could give you a huge hug.  Your little guy will be here soon--he just has to be!  Labour vibes coming your way.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#17 of 18 Old 09-24-2011, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

It worked!! I'm in LABOR!!! 

MAN, does it hurt. LOL But I am SO excited to meet my little guy. I'm guessing it will be a little while, but he'll probably be here by tomorrow night. Hooray!

Quote:

Oh Rachel, I was just thinking about you today, wondering how you were doing.  You seem to be handling it really well.  I have to admit I chuckled at your post, but I really do feel for you.   Overdue-land is no fun at all, I wish I could give you a huge hug.  Your little guy will be here soon--he just has to be!  Labour vibes coming your way.

Moo.

#18 of 18 Old 09-24-2011, 07:03 AM

jumpers.gif

Yay!!!!!!!!!  Easy labor vibes to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page