DH away and worried about going into labor - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, my DH has to be away for work (6 hours drive) leaving Mon. morning and arriving home Tues. evening around 11. Last weekend I felt a couple of contractions and was 1 cm dilated at my MW appt. last Tues. Since then, I've had lots of cramps, especially when moving around, but nothing really strong. Thurs. and Fri. nights I started seeing some mucus with brown streaks.

How long can this go on for? I'm worried that I"ll go into labor while DH is away. I do have a doula, but my friends who are to take care of my DD can't get here next week until about 4 1/2 hours after I call them. They are available to stay over the week after. My due date is Sept. 26, but dd came 10 days early, and with GD I'm likely to be induced if I make it to then. Everybody else I know who is willing can only take her on the week-end as they all work.

I'm beginning to freak out. I really want to tell my DH to stay, but this is a project he's been working on for a year and he really needs to be there for the presentation/meeting.

I just have a strong feeling this baby is coming early...

#2 of 4 Old 09-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Just remember that even our strongest hunches can sometimes be just that, and not really turn into anything. I had a hunch I was going to go early also, and here I am at 42 weeks and counting. Until you know for sure that you're going to be induced or that baby is on it's way, I would try and not freak out and not hinder DHs work responsibility, because what if you're wrong? Just try to stay calm (easier said than done, I know) and know that baby will come when he/she is ready and that fretting about it won't speed up or delay the process.

Keeping you in my thoughts that everything will turn out just perfectly for you! smile.gif

Joyful wife to Jacob and mama to Eleanor. 

#3 of 4 Old 09-13-2011, 10:06 AM

How are you doing? My DH is out of town right now as well! If I go into labor (I'm only 38 weeks so I seriously doubt I will) then oh well! I'm sure it'll work out no matter what. I'm thinking of you and sending you no labor vibes for the next 12 hours LOL.

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#4 of 4 Old 09-15-2011, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the thoughts ladies. DH is back now, although he said he'd be in the field (he's a marine biologist) on Fri. He was like "I'll be close to the hospital so I can get there no problem". The hospital is an hour away from our house BTW. I was like "Ok, but how will I get there?" Needless to say, he's staying in the office now smile.gif

Now, I just have to get through this weekend as my OB is not on call and my MW is away, and I'll be fine. So baby, if you're listening, next week would be a good time!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page