Contractions every night. Nothing by morning anyone? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That is SO beautiful, Dlynn! Thank you for sharing that. Still having mild contractions, but they have slowed after 4 steady hours of every ten minutes and lessened in intensity again. I am apparently 70% effaced and 1cm dilated. Letting go and getting some rest now...

Moo.

#32 of 59 Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 PM

I hope this is it for you, Mommel!

DLynn-- thank you so much for that.  Beautiful.  Trying to let go, I know I cannot control this, and despite the pressure I'm feeling to have her sooner than later so I can have my VBA2C, I am ultimately not in control, and just have to let things happen the way they are meant to.

Having some pretty intense cramping tonight, I feel sooooo close.  Going to drink some cumin tea and maybe get the breastpump out again and see if it helps.  I really feel that it will be soon.  Walked to pick the kids up from school today instead of driving, that probably helped.  And even if it doesn't, it was nice to get out and walk, I will try to do that every day until this baby is ready to come out. 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#33 of 59 Old 09-13-2011, 08:59 PM

Dlynn- You put it perfectly... Letting go of expectation is essential. I feel like I really changed my thinking today. (Although, I'm not saying I won't have another hard day). I really tried to release any and all expectation of when my little one is coming. I thought about all of the things I can do before she comes (just little chores or things for work-I own my own business) and most of all I can enjoy my other 2 children more. I feel like I have been short tempered with them lately because of all of this frustration. Today, I told my 11 year old daughter that I was sorry for being edgy with her lately, she said she really felt like I haven't been happy with her, which broke my heart and made me realize that I really need to appreciate the little ones in front of me...

Today, I got more done than I have been...and I spent more REAL time with my family. Meaning, I was fully present, not thinking about when baby is coming, etc. It was really great. I'm really tired now and hope I sleep well...but I feel good about my new mindset. And, like I said before, she will come in the next 2-3 weeks, its inevitable!  I can wait that long. If I have to :)

On a kind of different note, since stepping back and releasing my "control" over everything, I noticed that I am bombarded by people asking me why she isn't here yet... Today, I counted 5 people that said "Still Pregnant?!" lol What do you think people.... Maybe some of this pressure from others was also getting to me. Shoot, I'm 38 weeks, its not like I'm 43 weeks or anything!

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

#34 of 59 Old 09-14-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

ellasmom--->my own mother calls me everyday and asks me if Ive had the baby. She lives ten minutes down the road and is our person to call when I go into labor to watch hang out with the other kids. "Yes mom. We did. We just decided not to you." LOL! Really? I posted that fabulous link from Robyn on facebook:

http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

Gotta love that! It cracks me up. If we really think about it, everyone (except maybe strangers.) is asking us well meaning, they know we haven't had the baby. Its just a way to bring it up and they have either forgotten how hyper-sensitive and easily annoyed we are or just don't know. So I find sarcasm is the best rule to combat coming off as totally bitchy or wanting cry on my bad days. Im not quite sure where my patience is coming from right now and the fact that I woke up feeling decent even though baby was holding her own gymnastics event in my belly all night long keeping me awake even though I could have slept! I guess best thing to do would be to get my big girl on the bus and go for right for another walk.

Tons of prodromal labor last night again. I dont even count the contractions anymore. Ill know when its the real deal. For now...I breathe and wait. :-)

Love this thread by the way!

grouphug.gif

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#35 of 59 Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 AM

So I haven't had ANY prodromal labor since Sunday night.  These are the moments that make me wonder if I'll EVER go into labor! lol I finally made a much needed appt for dental work and got that done this morning.  I was hoping to hold off until after baby but the pain was too unbearable.  I'm really hoping that's what was holding me back!!

The weird question from my mom and dad are "are you dilating?"  Really?  Would that make any difference right now?  I'm not in labor!!  And she likes to ask me if I'm having any cramping...um, no I'm not getting my period.

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#36 of 59 Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmomma View Post

Dlynn- You put it perfectly... Letting go of expectation is essential. I feel like I really changed my thinking today. (Although, I'm not saying I won't have another hard day). I really tried to release any and all expectation of when my little one is coming. I thought about all of the things I can do before she comes (just little chores or things for work-I own my own business) and most of all I can enjoy my other 2 children more. I feel like I have been short tempered with them lately because of all of this frustration. Today, I told my 11 year old daughter that I was sorry for being edgy with her lately, she said she really felt like I haven't been happy with her, which broke my heart and made me realize that I really need to appreciate the little ones in front of me...

Today, I got more done than I have been...and I spent more REAL time with my family. Meaning, I was fully present, not thinking about when baby is coming, etc. It was really great. I'm really tired now and hope I sleep well...but I feel good about my new mindset. And, like I said before, she will come in the next 2-3 weeks, its inevitable!  I can wait that long. If I have to :)

Thank you so much for posting this. It was just what I needed to hear. I had become irrationally impatient and grumpy too. I had a little heart to heart with my son today (who is almost 6) and explained to him why I've been so grumpy and apologized. He said he had noticed that I was a lot more grumpy than usual. :) But I somehow just assume that my poor family is extra tolerant because they understand what I am going through....but come on, my kids are 3.5 and 6 and of course they don't really understand, they take what they get from me at face value.

The issue I have been having lately is precisely my lack of patience with the kids...my 3.5 year old in particular is driving me batty. Earlier in this pregnancy she started entering this phase where she is really testing her boundaries and acting like a little diva that I don't recognize. It takes so much patience and consistency to get through this, I remember it well with my son as he went through something similar from age 3.5 to 4. Anyway I keep wondering WHY I want to add another child to this mix when my daughter already pushes my buttons so much at times. And that makes me want for baby to stay inside, indefinitely!!!! Ha. I keep having to tell myself that I will have my old energy, positive attitude and patience back after baby comes, it's just hard to really believe it as I have been in this weird and funky hormonal state for so long now.

This third baby was a huge surprise to us too, one that I was not at peace with for most of this pregnancy. I think I am mostly at peace with it now but I still find myself wondering how things would be different if I hadn't gotten pregnant. I just turned 37 and was so ready to move into the next phases of my life. Was feeling so peaceful and happy with two children. I know that once the baby comes I will fall deeply in love with him but until I see his face I can only imagine what that will be like, know what I mean?

I just hope I am not setting myself up for a weird labor with all of these mixed feelings about baby coming. I keep thinking I need to be at peace and 100% wanting him to be here, to have a really smooth and peaceful labor like I did with my daughter.

Just needed to vent!

#37 of 59 Old 09-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Another thought I had today--this is likely the last time I will be experiencing this waiting period.  I remember the last time I went into labour, and how exciting it was when that first real contraction hit, and I knew my baby was on his way.  Just knowing that at any moment I could go into labour, and my life will change so much...it's exciting!  It's hard to wait, but really when you think about it, it is such an amazing time to know that it could literally happen any minute.  I'm trying to savour it, because I may never get to do this again.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#38 of 59 Old 09-14-2011, 02:34 PM

I'm with you Robyn, it truly is a magical space to live in, discomforts notwithstanding. I am also trying to focus on how much easier a baby is on the inside than on the outside, at least for me. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

Another thought I had today--this is likely the last time I will be experiencing this waiting period.  I remember the last time I went into labour, and how exciting it was when that first real contraction hit, and I knew my baby was on his way.  Just knowing that at any moment I could go into labour, and my life will change so much...it's exciting!  It's hard to wait, but really when you think about it, it is such an amazing time to know that it could literally happen any minute.  I'm trying to savour it, because I may never get to do this again.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#39 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 AM

My exact thought yesterday as I was struggling to wipe as usual...it's still much easier with this baby on the inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. B. Sprout View Post

I'm with you Robyn, it truly is a magical space to live in, discomforts notwithstanding. I am also trying to focus on how much easier a baby is on the inside than on the outside, at least for me. lol.gif

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#40 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

What a long night! Reflux and cramps kept me up. Then came the thunder and lightening show. No sleep for this Mama...I cant believe Im almost 40 weeks and still pregnant! Ive resorted to telling people that yes, I am going to be pregnant forever, so get used to it! lol.

Ya know guys, people keep reminding me its easier to be pregnant than to have a new baby, but I beg to differ. Perhaps I'm lucky, my babies latched on without a peep and I never minded getting up to nurse. They got up less to feed than I do now to pee or roll over. If they got fussy Id nestle them in the sling, it just wasn't hard for me. Not at first anyway, I had challenges, dont get me wrong, but the NB period was always so blissful! This pregnancy on the other hand? Enough to make me want to not have a fourth...sad enough to say cause we were going to. I don't think my body could handle it, the kidney stones, SPD and everything else. Sometimes I become concerned that because I had easy pregnancies, birth and NB's with DS and DD...so does this mean hard pregnancy, hard birth, hard baby this time? I certainly hope not, but in my darker hours it's crossed my mind. Thankfully I am feeling more like myself this week. More energy, no major SPD and the wild urge to clean and nest. Although Ive got about everything done so I just clean and reclean and wait.

At my MW apt last week they offered to "naturally" induce me because I have a history of rapid labors and I politely declined. Im wondering what they will say this week. My apt is tomorrow...I am planning on waiting till 42 weeks before I even consider anything directly applied by them. I want the best shot at having my perfect birth and Im just not willing to risk it. Not until I hear the words pitocin anyway. And what if I deny it? What can they actually do? Arrest me? "Woman arrested for refusing pitocin at 42 weeks".

#41 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

Ya know guys, people keep reminding me its easier to be pregnant than to have a new baby, but I beg to differ. Perhaps I'm lucky, my babies latched on without a peep and I never minded getting up to nurse. They got up less to feed than I do now to pee or roll over. If they got fussy Id nestle them in the sling, it just wasn't hard for me. Not at first anyway, I had challenges, dont get me wrong, but the NB period was always so blissful! This pregnancy on the other hand? Enough to make me want to not have a fourth...sad enough to say cause we were going to. I don't think my body could handle it, the kidney stones, SPD and everything else. Sometimes I become concerned that because I had easy pregnancies, birth and NB's with DS and DD...so does this mean hard pregnancy, hard birth, hard baby this time? I certainly hope not, but in my darker hours it's crossed my mind. Thankfully I am feeling more like myself this week. More energy, no major SPD and the wild urge to clean and nest. Although Ive got about everything done so I just clean and reclean and wait.

And that's why I aaaalmost didn't post my last post, because I knew someone would beg to differ. That's why I added "at least for me" at the end. Believe me, I feel bad for all you mamas with SPD and other painful conditions, and I totally get why you are done being pg even though you are not to your due date yet. hug.gif

I am 41 weeks today and pelvic pain (but not nearly as bad as actual SPD) is only just now starting to catch up with me.

#42 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

My last baby was born at 37 weeks, so even though Im a mere two days from 40, I feel 3 weeks overdue! eyesroll.gif I was sure I was going to be early between that, and the way my body has behaved this time. 3rd babies are notoriously unpredictable from what I understand and I should have not set myself up like that. I guess we all have our challenges, hard PG, hard NB, hard toddler...no one has it easy the whole path. Im trying to stay positive now because I know there will be greater challenges to come if I reach 42 weeks!!! I am wondering if Im going to get more pressure to induce at tomorrows apt. Granted it was a drug free induction but I know once I get in the door and start that ball rollling there is no stopping it and no guarantees. Yucky. Ill pass for now.

#43 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 02:59 PM

So nice to read this thread and realize I am not alone!  I will be 42 weeks on Saturday and am so hoping this baby decides to come before then!  I do not want to get referred to the hospital and not be able to have this baby at the birth center!  I thought yesterday was it for sure and by the time we got done with our walk after dinner everything pretty much stopped.  So we are still waiting!  Sigh! 

#44 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

DDC from October to say that with my DS, I labored very hard (extreme pain) for 5 nights. After the first night, I went in and was told I was still closed, but the contractions started up again every evening, and were very intense. During the day I wasn't having them as much at all, but still couldn't walk and had to be wheeled to the bathroom. I called every day and they told me to see a chiro (because the pain was in the hips and back.) After the 5th night, I went in again because I was exhausted and could not walk, and they were going to send me to the hospital for morphine so that I could sleep and be rested when labor began (they refused to think I was in labor). The MW checked me before sending me and I was 8cm. I never had regular contractions the whole labor, not ever, and never any pain other than intense hip/back pain. So, long story short, the ctrx can do their work slowly sometimes.

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#45 of 59 Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

DDC from October to say that with my DS, I labored very hard (extreme pain) for 5 nights. After the first night, I went in and was told I was still closed, but the contractions started up again every evening, and were very intense. During the day I wasn't having them as much at all, but still couldn't walk and had to be wheeled to the bathroom. I called every day and they told me to see a chiro (because the pain was in the hips and back.) After the 5th night, I went in again because I was exhausted and could not walk, and they were going to send me to the hospital for morphine so that I could sleep and be rested when labor began (they refused to think I was in labor). The MW checked me before sending me and I was 8cm. I never had regular contractions the whole labor, not ever, and never any pain other than intense hip/back pain. So, long story short, the ctrx can do their work slowly sometimes.

I find myself in a very similar situation, so your experience gives me hope that I might "beat" my induction date! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#46 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

He was born on his due date, exactly.

I'm actually encouraged to hear that other people have had this, because my midwives told me mine was the weirdest labor they've ever seen.

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#47 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 AM

I also feel like I'm having contractions during the night, but I'm not sure since this is my first baby. Midwife keeps asking me about BH contractions, but I'm so not sure. I've had a super hard belly all of my pregnancy (probably because I am so short and short-waisted) so there's not much room for baby. I wish I knew for sure! Hang in there everybody...

#48 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 AM

If any of you non-FTMs has had a similar experience with a hard belly your whole pregnancy...how did you know you were REALLY in labor?

#49 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There really is no mistaking labor. Don't worry about not being able to tell. If you're not SURE then even if it's the early stage, it's too soon to do anything about it. When you ate in active labor and should either head to the hospital or call the mw....there's no mistaking that. You KNOW! Contractions are so much more than just your belly feeling hard. The belly hardening ones are just Braxton Hicks and not something to be concerned about anyway. You'll be looking for pelvic pressure, burning cramps, back pain, etc that comes in waves and are timeable. I know it feels different for everyone, but everyone always says... You'll know! smile.gif

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#50 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

There really is no mistaking labor. Don't worry about not being able to tell. If you're not SURE then even if it's the early stage, it's too soon to do anything about it. When you ate in active labor and should either head to the hospital or call the mw....there's no mistaking that. You KNOW! Contractions are so much more than just your belly feeling hard. The belly hardening ones are just Braxton Hicks and not something to be concerned about anyway. You'll be looking for pelvic pressure, burning cramps, back pain, etc that comes in waves and are timeable. I know it feels different for everyone, but everyone always says... You'll know! smile.gif

yeahthat.gif Yep, nothing to worry about - you'll know. For real. You will. thumb.gif

#51 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 08:21 AM

It's my due date today.  Looks like I'll be joining all you overdue/overdone mamas by tomorrow!

#52 of 59 Old 09-16-2011, 11:40 AM

Nice to see some birth stories popping up! Not much to report on here....walking the line between encouraging labor all day long with every conceivable method and just relaxing and trying to ignore labor signs..she will come when she will come....5 days overdue, considering blue cohosh or castor oil soon.....in a state of disbelief that she is not here, as all signs were pointing to a pre-term labor.

Ah, the mysteries of the universe......I hope she's not trying to be a libra....

#53 of 59 Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM

I've been reluctant to stop in to MDC at all, because I am now two weeks past due with no signs of any real contractions. I am just so frustrated and miserable right now and I have this amazing support group who are calling and texting and emailing me constantly and I only want to hide under the covers until this baby gets here. I don't want to see anyone and I keep sending people away. I hate this so much and I'm just clinging to the belief that he will be here before school starts next Monday, or else I will really go insane. WHY is this taking so LONG??!!

Moo.

#54 of 59 Old 09-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Mommel, I hear you!

All the well wishers (and even some annoyed messages from folks who assume I had the baby just forgot to tell them!) are a lot of pressure when we have no control over what is happening!

I also am wanting to hermit away until she is born.... but it feels like that will never be!

My acupuncturist said that in Europe, they consider 41 weeks full term, if that helps at all....

so you're not much "later" than that....

any plans/thoughts on how you are going to proceed? Any other mamas still waiting past dates?

#55 of 59 Old 09-19-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Still thinking of all you Mama's who are in waiting! My heart goes out you all, I know how hard it is. I thought I was going to lose my mind the night before Chloe was born when my contractions started in earnest and then stopped dead 3 hours later. I sobbed myself to sleep. Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore...my water broke 5 hours later. Don't give up! Stay strong! You can do this!!! grouphug.gif

#56 of 59 Old 09-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words and support, dlynn! Enjoy your precious new babe!

#57 of 59 Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. B. Sprout View Post

Quote:

yeahthat.gif Yep, nothing to worry about - you'll know. For real. You will. thumb.gif

Yep - this is true. As a first timer, I was so unsure about all the pre-labor, but the moment the real deal hit I knew it. There's no good way to describe the difference, either. For me, the contractions just started off painful in a way I couldn't have possibly imagined before experiencing it, and then vomiting three and half hours into that sealed any lingering doubt in my mind that my baby was on the way. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#58 of 59 Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawater View Post

Mommel, I hear you!

All the well wishers (and even some annoyed messages from folks who assume I had the baby just forgot to tell them!) are a lot of pressure when we have no control over what is happening!

I also am wanting to hermit away until she is born.... but it feels like that will never be!

My acupuncturist said that in Europe, they consider 41 weeks full term, if that helps at all....

so you're not much "later" than that....

any plans/thoughts on how you are going to proceed? Any other mamas still waiting past dates?

As long as the baby and I are still healthy, I will wait for as long as it takes for him to arrive... I read somewhere the other day that the longest gestation period ever record (and with a healthy bouncing baby boy, no less) was just over 17 months... yep, you read that right! Now I don't feel so badly. LOL

Moo.

#59 of 59 Old 09-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Hey ladies,

I don't read or post much but I am bored tonight. I am due on the 28th...next week.  Anyway, something I have found that works really well at night to stop the annoying BH's is Valerian. At the recommendation of my midwife i take the smallest dose of Valerian Root 30 drops and it helps to relieve the BH that are brought on by the end of the day stress your body is under. It won't stop real labor and it doesn't knock me out or anything. In fact I took it last night and still had between 1-3 Braxtons Hicks last night but not the annoying ligament pain or all night BH crap.

You can get it at Whole Foods or your local health food/supplement store.

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page