Contractions every night. Nothing by morning anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This has been going on for a while now but keeps getting more and more intense. Last week it was timable, intense BH, but no discomfort. Yesterday I lost my uterine seal (no blood) and the cntx picked up as the day went on and by dinner time it was hard for me to focus on anything and I just paced. By midnight I was having them regularly with pain but I was so exhausted that I sat in bed thinking I should rest incase this was "it" and fell asleep upright. I woke still having them sometime before sunrise but decided I could still sleep some more. By the time the sun came up they were back to BH (no pain) again and now not much but that. I just went for a walk after I got the kids off to school and Im considering a swim. This is all just exhausting. My spirits are in a good place today regardless of my tiresome body...maybe I should just and clean the house like Cinderella and stay close to home. Im just not ready to take castor oil or anything besides the EPO and to keep my body moving. 39 weeks and counting....

Anyone else having this daily rise in the evening and fizzle by morning event?

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 AM

Yep, right there with ya. My BH have increased at all points, but they are frequently timeable at night. Just last night I was watching the HBO season finales, and noticed they were coming every 10 minutes and were a bit more intense than normal. I wondered if I might wake up in real labor, but no! I'm not wanting to encourage baby to come for another week, so it's fine with me if he takes his time, but the prodromal labor stuff is super-annoying!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 AM

I am also having some prodromal labor -- timeable, uncomfortable but very manageable ctx every night. And then nothing in the morning.

After 2 pgs where I did not experience this, and 2 difficult births that both ended in c/s, I am really actually enjoying feeling my body getting ready and working the way it should. I really like it. thumb.gif

Oh, and I am 40+5 today.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM

I've had this a lot--so frustrating!  Last night I had the same thing--BH every 3-5 minutes, but no real pain.  Then I wake up, and they're gone again.  I get this about every 2nd night.  I don't know if I'll actually believe it's real when the time actually comes!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. B. Sprout View Post

I am also having some prodromal labor -- timeable, uncomfortable but very manageable ctx every night. And then nothing in the morning.

After 2 pgs where I did not experience this, and 2 difficult births that both ended in c/s, I am really actually enjoying feeling my body getting ready and working the way it should. I really like it. thumb.gif

I've been hoping the same thing, Ms. B! 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post
I don't know if I'll actually believe it's real when the time actually comes!

Oh, I am so there with you! Like the little kid that cried wolf... probably I'll end up having my baby on the sidewalk because I didn't think I was in real labor even though his head is crowning or something. ;-) 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Yep, I have been having the same thing on and off for the past 4 weeks but now it is almost every night. The past 4 nights I went to bed thinking for sure my water would break before morning and then NOTHING! My contractions fizzle out shortly after going to bed.

This is my 4th and I have never had this many timeable contractions in the weeks leading up to labor before so it is nice that my body is working to get prepared but I am just completly done now and it is really starting to annoy me.

Here's hoping it's soon for us all!!

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 09-12-2011, 11:55 AM

Add me to the list...I was just thinking of posting something about it this morning.  It felt so real last night that we actually got everything ready to go!  They were strong, long, and in a good pattern for about 5 hours...fell asleep exhausted and woke up with not a single one to speak of.  I remember this with my fourth but never to the point of actually getting ready.  My body is really playing tricks on me!!

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

Old 09-12-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

I've had this a lot--so frustrating!  Last night I had the same thing--BH every 3-5 minutes, but no real pain.  Then I wake up, and they're gone again.  I get this about every 2nd night.  I don't know if I'll actually believe it's real when the time actually comes!

That happened to me when I went into labour with DD. I had had so much prodromal labour that when the real thing finally kicked in I didn't believe it. My mom, MIL, and DH threatened to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital. Denial is real! I got there at 8 centimeters, and was shocked. I was convinced that I'd be at 2 and they would send me home!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Me too! Must be something in the stars....BH contractions for almost four weeks, time-able and strong with walks, after food, at night...then I awake to find myself pregnant one more day!

Like many of you, with my first daughter, once I had contractions, I was in labor!

Kitchensqueen...I hear you that you are feeling like the boy who cried wolf..I've had my birth folks on alert for almost a month and at this point I am not saying anything! (40+2) Emotional roller coaster taking it's toll...nice to have you all to chat with about it....I've felt so irrational crying about it...what a glorious time after all....but woke up today and decided she's waiting until Christmas.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Oh, I am so there with you! Like the little kid that cried wolf... probably I'll end up having my baby on the sidewalk because I didn't think I was in real labor even though his head is crowning or something. ;-) 

RIGHT?! I keep saying the same thing, Ive been ignoring these for so long that I feel like Im going to just land myself in transition at any given time without notice! I actually have an emergency birth kit in my car just in case it happens. It also seems like all of us are on our 3 or 4th babies as well, correct me if Im wrong. Maybe its the way our bodies handle it but I know I didnt have any of this with my other 2 babies! It's pretty tiring though. Tonight is a HARVEST FULL MOON. It would be really spectacular to have her tonight and DH has been predicting for some time she will come on the 13th...so who knows but Im ready. :-)

Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Wow, I don't post much, but I lurk :) This thread makes me feel so much better...well, kinda :) Its good to know I'm not alone. I really feel crazy. I started getting intense cramping 2 weeks ago exactly. I cramp all day long. Then when I lay down for bed I get timeable contractions...I am positive every night that this is going to be it...but then, I wake up pregnant again.... Im only 38 weeks, so I know there is no rush. However, I find this maddening. This is my 4th pregnancy and never before have I experienced this. If I cramped or contracted before, then I was in labor and I had a baby!

I keep trying to stay positive and telling myself that all this work is going to make it really quick once things really get going. But, after 2 weeks, even thats not working anymore....

I want to either stop cramping/contracting, or have my baby girl already. ugh....Im grumpy.... can you tell? lol

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

RIGHT?! I keep saying the same thing, Ive been ignoring these for so long that I feel like Im going to just land myself in transition at any given time without notice! I actually have an emergency birth kit in my car just in case it happens. It also seems like all of us are on our 3 or 4th babies as well, correct me if Im wrong. Maybe its the way our bodies handle it but I know I didnt have any of this with my other 2 babies! It's pretty tiring though. Tonight is a HARVEST FULL MOON. It would be really spectacular to have her tonight and DH has been predicting for some time she will come on the 13th...so who knows but Im ready. :-)

This is actually my first! So who knows what the hell my body is doing. ;-) Come on Harvest Moon - help me out! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Hi lurker. :-) Yes, I do also feel better knowing Im not alone!

Check this out...some very inspirational photos...I follow her on Facebook. She is just amazing!

Not much else going on here but the same, as every night, not getting my hopes up!!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmomma View Post

Wow, I don't post much, but I lurk :) This thread makes me feel so much better...well, kinda :) Its good to know I'm not alone. I really feel crazy. I started getting intense cramping 2 weeks ago exactly. I cramp all day long. Then when I lay down for bed I get timeable contractions...I am positive every night that this is going to be it...but then, I wake up pregnant again.... Im only 38 weeks, so I know there is no rush. However, I find this maddening. This is my 4th pregnancy and never before have I experienced this. If I cramped or contracted before, then I was in labor and I had a baby!

I keep trying to stay positive and telling myself that all this work is going to make it really quick once things really get going. But, after 2 weeks, even thats not working anymore....

I want to either stop cramping/contracting, or have my baby girl already. ugh....Im grumpy.... can you tell? lol

Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 PM

Yep... me too! I posted elsewhere last night that I was sure this was it and... still nothing! Argh.

Moo.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

No Harvest Moon baby for me! But the good news is that I slept like a brick last night. Well, in between getting up to pee of course. I actually feel rested for once. I guess all that walking I did yesterday had a good outcome after all! Im not even going to bother paying attention to contractions or cramps until they get to a point where I NEED to. And yeah, thats what the baby will be born spontaneously on the sidewalk. LOL! At least Im laughing today...sigh. Have a great day all.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 AM

No baby here. The harvest moon did nothing. Plus, not only did I have to get up for the bathroom twice last night, the upstairs neighbor had a gentleman visitor... and they were having an... odd/difficult time getting acquainted... it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever been subjected to for 45 minutes straight... So basically I'm exhausted. 

Old 09-13-2011, 07:54 AM

Oh dear, Kitchensqueen!  No fun at all!

I don't post much either, but all you ladies are so inspiring to me.  What a great community!  I'm at 41+1 and had a bout of prodromal labor last night after two days of light cramping  At least I guess that's what it was -- my son was induced at 37 weeks, so I have zip to go on in the way of previous labor prep information.  I called my midwife and everything -- really thought it might be time.  But no -- I woke up today and am having only the faintest of cramping, if anything.  I am SO SICK of being pregnant and anxious about LO's welfare, and I just don't know what to do to get this baby out! 

Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 AM

kitchensqueen-I don't know whether to laugh or worry about that neighbor!  Very odd.

mamwater-I had to LOL at your comment about the baby waiting until Christmas!

Dlynn918-I slept really well last night too!  I went to bed early at 9pm, was awake from 2a-4a just hungry and had spent sometime settling my 20mo back to sleep, and then slept until 7a.  Feeling very well rested and typically I go into labor 24 hours after a full nights sleep so we'll see.  Plus today I had a very emotional drop off with my kindergardner and I've now spent most of the morning crying because I actually don't want to go into labor!  Yeah...it's time...

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 AM

Funny, I slept well last night too! Maybe we needed rest so today could be the day??? hehehe

I really thought last night was it, I did a great meditation and then some yoga under the full moon at night. I was feeling it! But, again, I woke this morning still pregnant.

Going to see my Midwife and Chiro today...perhaps something will happen. Or perhaps it won't. I know I will give birth at some point in the next month :)

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmomma View Post

I know I will give birth at some point in the next month :)

Hahaha - I know we are all hanging onto that thought so badly right now!

And my neighbor - at the end of the "encounter" we heard a door slam and she said "well, that was something" loud enough we could hear it clear as day (we had the windows open too). So strange! I hope he doesn't come back for a repeat visit tonight, I need some sleep! :-)

Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

No baby here. The harvest moon did nothing. Plus, not only did I have to get up for the bathroom twice last night, the upstairs neighbor had a gentleman visitor... and they were having an... odd/difficult time getting acquainted... it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever been subjected to for 45 minutes straight... So basically I'm exhausted. 

You only get up twice to go to the bathroom?! LUCKY! Im up every two hours! lol! So...do tell. What does "having a hard time" getting acquainted entail. LMAO! That sounds really funny. Maybe not to you at 2am, sorry...but Im giggling over that. ;-)

Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

You only get up twice to go to the bathroom?! LUCKY! Im up every two hours! lol! So...do tell. What does "having a hard time" getting acquainted entail. LMAO! That sounds really funny. Maybe not to you at 2am, sorry...but Im giggling over that. ;-)

I know, I'm pretty lucky on the nighttime bathroom breaks! 

They seemed to be having a lot of false starts getting things going... and apparently the guy thought grunting loudly like a injured gorilla would move things along... it was so bad! Hahahaha.... ah, the joys of apartment living. 

Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM

I had NO cramping or BH last night at all... slept straight through the night and woke up with mild contractions every ten minutes for the last three hours... could this be it? If this is another false alarm I'm going to cry. Oy.

Moo.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 AM

Ok now I'm definitely laughing about the grunting visitor!!

Mommel-good luck!  I hope this is it for you and labor is smooth and quick :)

Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Another mama who slept through the harvest full moon....and awoke to no babe yet. Sounds like a promising day for a few of us? Hoping that we all get rest or labor soon!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I know, I'm pretty lucky on the nighttime bathroom breaks! 

They seemed to be having a lot of false starts getting things going... and apparently the guy thought grunting loudly like a injured gorilla would move things along... it was so bad! Hahahaha.... ah, the joys of apartment living. 

LMAO! That's great! Reminds me of the gorillas at the Rainforest Cafe! Hahah! Maybe he was..uhm...premature! BAW HAW! Im awful. I know. Warm place by the fire for me!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Here is a blog that I tune into through FB. It can be a bit controversial at times, but over all it's a good resource for those of us who insist on trusting our bodies and having our babies naturally!

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/02/26/waiting-not-inducing/

Here is the mantra she wrote on waiting in the blog in case the link does work....

I am on the outside with exhausting thoughts and emotions. With aches and pains that bring me to tears. With the world throwing their “knowledge” and opinions at me like shards of glass. Some get through my outer layer of defense, piercing my confidence. They sting and hurt a little bit until I can rid of them.

BUT, my sweet baby is inside of my womb, protected from all of this. Baby is happy, comfortable and safe. Most importantly, the veil is thin for my baby and his/her wisdom is infinite. Regardless of how I feel, I know this as truth. I trust that God, my body and my baby are perfect. They are not cluttered with the “knowledge” of my mind. They are pure.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the posting, dlynn. Peace and patience...and the first rule of love and parenting...letting go.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

So true..I feel like a new woman since Ive let go of expectations. I really feel refreshed and relieved. I know she is safe and sound in my belly and I have renewed appreciation to take care of myself in these last days. Because in order to take care of others, we must take care of ourselves! That's my Mama Mantra! I was sitting in front of an open window today and felt the most amazing breeze come through and caress my face. It made me smile and I felt as if I was in such a state of harmony with my body and mother nature. All I could think was, yes. I am ready. I am ready to have her. I am ready to wait. I am ready to accept what lies ahead. I think that was letting go. And it felt so right. :-) If I have another hard day that's okay too. But right now I feel awake and alive and Im going to appreciate every minute of it!!! Its all part of the process. om.gif

User Tag List