You know your a "new" Mom when... postpartum tales to make us laugh! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You know your a "new" mom when you excitedly fit back into your pre pregnancy underwear, but at the end of the day notice that you have had them on backward the ENTIRE day! Sheepish.gif

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#2 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 PM

LOL--so true!  I was so stoked to wear "real" underwear again, and regular size pads instead of the huge overnight diaper ones.

You know you're a new mom when 3 straight hours of sleep feels like heaven (and you can finally spend that 3 hours sleeping on your back!)

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#3 of 12 Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 AM

Oh lord, you know you're a new mom when you can't remember the last time you wore a shirt. Seriously, why men are allowed to go topless but we need to cover up our functional torn up nursing nipples is completely lost on me!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#4 of 12 Old 09-28-2011, 08:20 AM

You know you're a new mom when your vagina makes a squishing sound every time you sit down!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#5 of 12 Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM

When you don't remember the last time you showered. 

Actually I just took a shower last night (woohoo!) but I already feel gross again from all the spit up, leaky boobs, the poop that I got all over my hand during the middle of the night diaper change, and spending the whole night sweating because I now have two children sleeping on me making me overheat!

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#6 of 12 Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

When you get excited that your feet fit into socks and actual shoes (instead of sandals) again! I have no idea how women go through pregnancy in the winter. What do they wear!?

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#7 of 12 Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

When you get excited that your feet fit into socks and actual shoes (instead of sandals) again! I have no idea how women go through pregnancy in the winter. What do they wear!?

Crocs.

My son was born in February, and I wore Crocs the whole time.

It was cold and rainy here today, and I wore real shoes with laces. It felt so weird!

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#8 of 12 Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When you need to change clothes as often as the baby, and you still smell like sour milk, but you're just glad that there are shirts that cover your belly... and you can wear real jeans that zip up and have pockets!

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
#9 of 12 Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 PM

You know you're a new mom when someone asks what happened yesterday and you can't remember one thing, not even that big thing like friends having come to visit.

Oh, I love wearing my normal underpants and my good old jeans!

#10 of 12 Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmum 

Oh, I love wearing my normal underpants and my good old jeans!

Lucky! I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size, but my hips are wider now so I'm sill in maternity underwear! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#11 of 12 Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
At 4 days postpartum I went to the grocery store with just the babe and I loaded up $50worth of junk like pop tarts, cereal, lunch meat, bagels, instant oatmeal, etc. Basically all stuff the kids could fend for themselves with and we never hardly ever eat otherwise. Any way! I've got baby snoozing in her sling and loving the sweet snuggles and feeling so proud and people are oohing and aahing over a fresh baby asking how old and Wow! You're out shopping! Yadda ya. SO! I get everything rang up and start digging frantically through my purse and can't find my wallet. I have no cash, no check book, no credit or debit cards nothing and I have to leave w/o a bit of food and have dh go back and grocery shop all over again. I was so disappointed! And I hear people behind me sympathetically saying "well it's not like she doesn't have so much going on. 4 days old! It's completely understandable."

Dang! So close to a great first outing alone! LOL. It's 20 minutes each way from home to the closest grocery store so I wasn't even going to try to run home and go back to pay. I just told them I was sorry and I wouldn't be back and explained where I lived and they were totally cool and all. I still felt totally stupid and embarrassed though.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#12 of 12 Old 10-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

At 4 days postpartum I went to the grocery store with just the babe and I loaded up $50worth of junk like pop tarts, cereal, lunch meat, bagels, instant oatmeal, etc. Basically all stuff the kids could fend for themselves with and we never hardly ever eat otherwise. Any way! I've got baby snoozing in her sling and loving the sweet snuggles and feeling so proud and people are oohing and aahing over a fresh baby asking how old and Wow! You're out shopping! Yadda ya. SO! I get everything rang up and start digging frantically through my purse and can't find my wallet. I have no cash, no check book, no credit or debit cards nothing and I have to leave w/o a bit of food and have dh go back and grocery shop all over again. I was so disappointed! And I hear people behind me sympathetically saying "well it's not like she doesn't have so much going on. 4 days old! It's completely understandable."
Dang! So close to a great first outing alone! LOL. It's 20 minutes each way from home to the closest grocery store so I wasn't even going to try to run home and go back to pay. I just told them I was sorry and I wouldn't be back and explained where I lived and they were totally cool and all. I still felt totally stupid and embarrassed though.

Oh, Mandy!! I can so totally relate to this!! hug2.gif

Moo.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page