Baby is out!, Tameron's birth story post #11 now with pics #14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baby boy born at 3:40pm today. 9 lbs 5 oz. 21 in long. Super short and super super intense labor once we got things going. smile.gif need to process and will type up story later. No name yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 PM

Congratulations, and look forward to hearing more about your little guy!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 AM

congrats! enjoy your little -BIG- one!

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 AM

congrats!   We are making them big in September!  Mine was 10-3.

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 AM

Yay, congrats to you on your sweet boy. Looking forward to reading your birth story and catching a peek at him! xoxo

Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Woohoo! Congratulations flowersforyou.gif

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 AM

Congrats!  Can't wait to read the birth story.  :)

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 PM

((hugs)) and huzzzahs!  I'm so glad you're finally holding your beautiful babe in your arms!  :)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Yay! Congratulations mama!
joy.gif
Old 10-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Congratulations! orngbiggrin.gif

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Tameron Jireh. Born September 27 (his due date) at 3:40 pm at home. 9 Lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long.

My mom who was my midwife got to catch him and my 18 year old sister got to be there too.

The short of it is: my water broke early but labor was slow to start, when it did start it was 3 hours long and way way way way intense.

At 12:45 am on the 27 I was dreaming about having a contraction and woke up actually having a little contraction. I had a really super full bladder and felt a little trickle and decided to assume that I had maybe peed instead assuming that my water had broken. I had always felt a pop before and didn't feel it this time and didn't want to get too excited. I went to the bathroom and went back to bed, but was having trouble getting back to sleep so decided to think through the whole labor process. I am not big on the whole imagery thing, but thought that maybe it would help. I didn't make it to my due date last pregnancy so was feeling surprised that I had made it with this one. I had a nice talk with my husband the night before about the birth and what to do and what I wanted in labor and needed from him. I had been having trouble with a pinched nerve that weekend before and had gone to the chiropractor the day before to have an adjustment.

So after an hour of relaxing and thinking through labor I felt another gush at 1:40. This was a much bigger gush and I had a couple of little contractions too. I woke up my husband and asked him for a towel since I didn't want to leak all over the mattress or floor. I had a dark towel and didn't really think to check the color, so put on a pad and went back to bed after getting the shakes. I always get the shakes when my water breaks. More mild contractions later and another trip to the bathroom and I noticed that there was meconium in my water. Lots of green meconium. It wasn't thick and chunky but I called my midwife right away. I had determined to wait to call until I really needed to talk to her and to let her sleep as long as she needed to. No need to have two of us awake. But the green kinda freaked me out a little bit.

Back story: the planned homebirth with my last son ended up in a transfer because I had gone over 48 hours with ruptured membranes and absolutely no sign of contractions even after herbs, walking, and using a pump, until we were on our way to the hospital. Labor was 5 hours start to finish but we ended up having baby treated with antibiotics, 2 failed spinal taps, catheter, IV fluids and finally 2 days on a bilibed for jaundice in order for the hospital to tel us that our son was perfectly fine. The only thing that was 'wrong' were the bilirubin numbers being borderline. We were treated poorly due to being a homebirth transfer and I feel like my baby was over treated.

Anyway, because of the experience with the previous baby and with being GBS positive this time also, I knew that if labor didn't start on it's own, that we were on 'the clock' because I would rather have that I get the antibiotics and other interventions than put a baby through what we did last time, plus I had a 3 year old and a 20 month old that didn't need momma to disappear into a hospital for 5 days.

I had pretty good contractions going until about 4 am at which point I decided to lay down on the couch instead of walking around. I fell asleep for about an hour and woke up mad because all contractions had stopped and so did the gushing of water. They didn't start up again even with walking. I talked to my midwife around 7 and she stopped by around 8:30 to check heart tones. Baby sounded great. She gave me some tinctures, raspberry, a cohosh mixture and cotton root bark. She suggested pumping also. So, for about an hour I pumped off and on and did the herbs and drank 2 super strong cups of raspberry leaf tea. I finally had some bloody show and some very mild contractions. My husband and I talked about the plan for our older boys and had set our own timeline of labor needing to start on it's own by noon or we would go to the hospital. I knew I would get an IV, antibiotics and pitocin and I told my husband too that if we went to the hospital I would probably ask for pain meds. I had fentayl with both my other boys at the end of labor.

I made lunch for the boys around noon and wasn't feeling super hungry but nibbled on something. My husband and I decided to put the boys in bed for naps which essentially decided for us that we would continue to see how things were going at home. I called my midwife at 12:40 because I had 3 or so stronger contractions in about 40 min and was having major back pain which was feeling like the back labor pain that I had with my first. Literally right after I hung up I had 3 much stronger contractions and the back pain stopped. Those must have rotated baby just enough because the contractions were much stronger but easier to deal with because I didn't have the back pain to go with. I texted her telling her that and she texted back asking that I let her know when the contractions were 5-6 min apart so she could get an assistant on the road who was about an hour away. Her normal assistant had a family situation and wasn't able to come as originally planned. My husband started to fill the birth tub and I started moaning through contractions. I had to call the midwife again pretty much right away to tell her that they were now 3 min apart and quickly going from 45 seconds to 1 min long. I got into the tub as soon as I could and was surprised at how I didn't really feel much relief as many women talk about, but once I was in, I was not getting out. Being wet made me cold which was too much to deal with during contractions. If anything, being in the tub made things ramp up even more. Within 45 min I was feeling pushy-ish toward the end of some of the contractions. The midwife wasn't there yet and I found out later it was because she was having trouble finding someone to come assist her so she ended up bringing my 18 year old sister (again, my mom is my midwife, she just wasn't being my mom at the time so it's easier to keep calling her my midwife). My sister hadn't ever been to a birth before and I am not sure if she has even seen a birth video. I don't know when they showed up, 2:30 maybe. Right before they walked in, I was entering transition. I got shaky, yelled at my husband to bring the trash can closer since I was feeling nauseous and got super hot and sweaty which are all classic signs of transition for me. The calm rational part of me knew that was what was happening, the rest of me didn't think it was time yet. The contractions were getting so hard to deal with, double peaking which I hadn't ever felt before and I was having such a hard time coping. Nothing I did seemed to help me relax through them. I was trying to hard not to fight them and was trying to decide if getting out of the tub, getting dressed and driving to the hospital was worth it. :) I said something about not being able to handle those contractions and one of them in particular made me scream which is saying something since I am super noisy in labor anyway. My midwife said that these contractions must really be doing something and I must be dilating and I was so mad at her because all I could think was 'what have all those other sucky ones been doing??' So, I decided that if those were the ones that were 'doing something' that they must be opening my cervix 1 cm at a time and I only had to go through 10 of them. Surprisingly, I was right. I don't think I even had 10 more before I started feeling pushing contractions for real. When the pushing contractions showed up, they were more intense than anything I had ever felt, ever. I didn't feel that amazing relief that comes with and found that hard to deal with. I begged for drugs. I yelled for someone to help me. I was really noisy. I whined, I cried, I yelled, I snapped at my husband, I begged, I asked for someone else to take over, there was some screaming. I actually woke up my big boys while screaming with the pushing contractions. This wasn't a peaceful water birth, this was raw and intense and nearly stronger than me. I had maybe two 'practice' pushing contractions said something about quitting that I wasn't going to do anymore at all and then had about 2 ½ of the strongest most crazy pushing contractions ever. I felt like I was going to split in two. I had felt the ring of fire before and this was something else altogether. I had already been told that I either needed to stay in the water and push the baby out or get out of the water and push the baby out. I ended up doing neither. When baby crowned I was kinda half in and half out, my midwife yelled for me to stand up but that wasn't happening on my own, during the last pushing contraction my husband hauled me up to standing and I staying leaning over. The urge to push totally went away but I still had baby's body inside so I had to work at pushing him out and the midwife had to help a little bit. He didn't quite make the full turn that they like to see so I had to push the rest of the way when he was kinda crooked still. He didn't quite have nuchal hand but it seemed like one hand was under his chin. He didn't breath right away, but with some rubbing he did great. He didn't aspirate anything which was awesome! I had a swollen area/skid mark off to one side which is why we think there was an elbow and hand close to baby's face and I had a very very small split that wasn't even really bleeding and didn't need stitched or anything. My other boys were 8 lbs 3 oz and 7 lbs 1 oz and I tore with both of them. I had very little blood loss and the placenta came out no problem within 15 min. Apgars of 5 and 9. He started sucking on one of his hands within minutes of birth and I have a feeling that he must have done that a lot while inside. He has a great latch and despite having a lot of trouble with engorgement we haven't had any problems with nursing. My bleeding has been minimal which is way way way different from the other two. If my boobs weren't so super sore and massive and painful, I would feel fantastic physically.

I wish I could say that I was in love with having a homebirth but the whole experience was so intense and overwhelming. I would not recommend talking to me about a homebirth right now if you wanted more information about one. :D I feel really bad for having that kind of reaction about the whole thing, but I know that if we had gone to the hospital I would feel worse for not sticking it out. I am glad that I did it though.

I am totally in love with Tameron. He is beautiful and perfect. I have loved being home with him and not sharing him with nurses, doctors and even friends and family that visit. My husband has been amazing. He is not one to do house work like cooking and cleaning and diaper changes and doing stuff with the boys but he has totally surprised me with how dedicated and amazing he has been and I really can't say enough about how awesome he has been. The big boys are still adjusting and are not quite sure what to think of the new baby. God has been so good to us and we are thrilled to have 3 boys!

Old 10-02-2011, 08:54 PM

Wow!  Very intense!  You did awesome, mama.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 10-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Congratulations!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

20 min after birth

1 week old

Another edit:

The first pic is 15-20 min after birth and the second is from today at 1 week old

Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 PM

what a big beautiful boy he is!! Congrats!

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

He's beautiful - congrats!

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11

User Tag List