Midwife Gifts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-09-2011, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really wanted to get my midwives something to show my appreciation for all thev did.  DH disagrees, he figures we paid them well the first time, government paid them well this time, but he's also the guy that thinks tipping is ridiculous and therefore he shouldn't do it.  There were four midwives in total, two attended the birth, one of which also attended the birth of my first.  I can't afford something big for all of them, like spa treatments or something, but I would like to get them something nice.  Any ideas?  Or is DH right and a heartfelt thankyou along with the birth announcement card is adequate? TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58339056

I fell in love with these pictures! 

I go my MW a pack of the cards and a pendant.  I just think they are beautiful!  There are a ton of cool birthy sellers on etsy.  If it was a homebirth they drive a lot and maybe even a $5 gas card with a thank you?  I dunno.  If you feel like you WANT to get them something, I say do it.  

#3 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I gave a $100 voucher to m,y two midwives last time.. can't afford to do the same this time. So I am going to gift my Hypnobabies set to her which I know she will love and make great use of. I don't think they expect anything... but would definitely appreciate.

#4 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 AM

I bought each of my three midwives a handmade journal from our local craft market, and when I was overdue and waiting, I made each of them a bracelet to toss into the gift bag as well... but that's just me. They were quite surprised and said that no one ever gives them gifts, which I honestly thought was pretty sad.

Moo.

#5 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I didn't buy them anything, but I gave them lots of garden stuff throughout the pregnancy and some fresh canned spaghetti sauce and apple pie filling.  They were very appreciative of the extras to our relationship.  :)  My previous 2 home births though, I didn't do anything.  The only reason I did this time is because they took my insurance and I didn't have to pay out of pocket and we had a huge garden so I gave what I could.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#6 of 8 Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't get them anything last time, which is one of the reasons I wanted to this time, according to DH this will be the last baby (we'll see), and since the one who actually caught this baby also held my hand through the c-section with the first I wanted to get something this time.  If I knew for sure we'd be having one more then I might not, and would wait until after the last baby and get something, kind of a big thank you for all of my children.  

I love the ideas on here.  I really love this one organic body butter brand so I may look into something with that, maybe small gift bags or something.  I like the pendant or bracelet idea, though I'm not crafty enough to actually make one, I may be able to find something, or something nice on etsy like scsigrl did.  My last appointment is on Thursday, sniff sniff, but if I can't get something on time that gives me a great excuse to go back and visit. 

#7 of 8 Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

Here's What I did For My Midwife and Doula:

Pendants and Starbucks Coffee Cups you can design Yourself, Sorry the pic is sideways, There isn't a way to rotate!?

IMG_6284.JPGIMG_6287.JPG

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#8 of 8 Old 11-22-2011, 06:13 PM

I haven't yet, although this time i might. the first time i saw the midwife while i pushed, so nothing, the second i just couldn't connect with her during labor. the third time she was awesome and amazing but i was so broke we had hardly any food in our house. That midwife is now my good friend and will catch my new by. I think I will get her some of the soap I get to spoil myself and maybe a necklace or earrings if we have the money.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page