Getting to Know You - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 205 Old 02-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1. What is your first name? Shasta

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is my first!

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married since September 18, 2010

4. When are you "due?" October 4, 2011

5. Do you have any names picked out? Logan James or Zoey Marie

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I'm a Pharmacy Technician, I had a miscarriage 5 years ago, 

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I would like 1 more after this

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Ooooh yeah, PB&J toast and honey nut cheerios. LOL

9.  What is your plan for the birth? I'm going to try to use Hypnobabies for a natural birth. 

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Boy

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) I hope my baby has my lips and Jesse's eyes.

12. What state do you live in? Arizona

13. Do you have any hobbies?  Scrapbooking & reading

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Oh man, I took like 2 a day since I was 4 dpo until 16DPO.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I have told everyone. I wanted all the prayers and positive thoughts that I could get.

#122 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 AM

I also got married on September 18, 2010 Shasta!

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#123 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

1. What is your first name? Jenna

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 3

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married

4. When are you "due?" 10/1

5. Do you have any names picked out? No

6. List 3 facts about yourself. Um... I don't know. Can I come back to this?

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? LAST. DH is going to have a vasectomy

8. Do you have any cravings yet? not really

9.  What is your plan for the birth? homebirth

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I have of each so, no preference. My dd REALLY wants a sister

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)

12. What state do you live in? IL

13. Do you have any hobbies? knitting, reading

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? 2

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Everyone knows and is happy for us.

#124 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 PM
~pi

Welcome, new DDC members! Thought darnit, Starlit, now gummi bears sound really good. lol.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#125 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 02:19 PM

1. What is your first name?

Lee

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?

This baby is #3 -- I have two beautiful daughters ages 3 and 1.

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?

Married

4. When are you "due?"

10/10/11

5. Do you have any names picked out?

A few :)

6. List 3 facts about yourself.

I love coffee, baking and my family.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?

I think this will be the last one.

8. Do you have any cravings yet?

Nope -- feeling pretty barfy.

9.  What is your plan for the birth?

Hospital with the OB who delivered dd#2.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?

A boy would be a different... but a third girl would be awesome too.

My sense of humor, his blue eyes.

12. What state do you live in?

NJ.

13. Do you have any hobbies? 

Baking, reading.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.

I told one friend, but that's it so far.  Want to wait a while, but I think I'll be showing sooner rather than later.

Mama to 2 beautiful girls, A (Feb '08) and E (March '10). 
#126 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 04:41 PM

1. What is your first name? Heidi

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? this will be our 1st.  we had a m/c in dec

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? my DP and I have been together for 8 years in April.  We plan to get married but obviously aren't in a rush

4. When are you "due?" Oct 31 Halloween!

5. Do you have any names picked out? I have some that I like but we haven't discussed names yet

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I am a dog groomer.  I have been vegan for 12 years.  I love going to watch the roller derby.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? we have discussed it a bit and decided we want one until we want more than one :)

8. Do you have any cravings yet? I normally don't like sweet things but have really been needing sweets lately

9.  What is your plan for the birth? This isn't definite but we will probably have a midwife assisted waterbirth at a hospital.  as natural as possible

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? no preference

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) my compassion for animals and his musical ability

12. What state do you live in? NC

13. Do you have any hobbies? art, dogs, crafting

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? one

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I told my mom.  because of the mc over christmas we will be waiting to tell everyone else.  I will probably slip and tell my best friend though

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#127 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM

1. What is your first name? Julie

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is number one.biggrinbounce.gif

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married (though not legally), have been together 11 years.

4. When are you "due?" October 30, the day after my dad's birthday!

5. Do you have any names picked out?  A list of about 10 for each sex, but it might be hard to come to an agreement.  We have very different criteria for names, in that DH likes made-up names and I like "real" names.  We have more overlap for girl names, though.

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I'm virtually incapable of writing brief posts, I live on a homestead/farm with a bunch of critters, and I've wanted a baby for about 9 years (although we only started trying last fall).

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I want one more, husband only wants one biological child, although he would be willing to adopt a second.  We will have to see, once we have one, what agreement we can come to.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Nope, but I'm only 12DPO.  I am noticeably hungry, thirsty, and tired, but nothing serious.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? We're a three-hour drive (through the middle of nowhere) to the nearest hospital with midwives, and my husband (and me, a little, too) is worried about complications for our first birth, so probably at the hospital with an OB.  I hope I get the good one, because here you just get whoever is on call, and there's one guy who seems really fantastic!  I'm hoping to get a doula, as they are available a little closer to home and they can help us keep it as intervention-free as I want it to be.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Honestly, I'm kind of hoping for twins, although I realize that that might make me crazy.  My husband would accept us having two if they were twins!  Ideally, a boy/girl pair.  But I would be really happy with a single of either sex.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) Let's see . . . his teeth (no fillings) and love for learning new things, and my eyesight (which is MUCH better than my husband's) and love for language.

12. What state do you live in? Saskatchewan, Canada

13. Do you have any hobbies? I'm kind of a Jill of all trades . . . so cross-country skiing, veggie and flower gardening, knitting and crochet, animal training, travel, reading, recently natural-materials building (a straw bale chicken coop, and hopefully a cob garden shed next summer), walking, cooking, singing . . . it depends on the week.  I recently started learning to play marimba (like a big wooden xylophone) with my husband. 

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? The only tests I can get here are $10 a pop, so only one so far.  I have two more, I'm going to take them next week and the week after that.  I had a very early loss last fall (18DPO), so I'm going to worry until I'm at least past that day . . . I want my tests to last me until well after that.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I told my sister, because she's one of my very best friends and I'm terrible at keeping secrets.  I'll tell my parents the next time I talk to them.  I'll leave it up to my DH whether he wants to tell MIL when she comes to visit tomorrow or not . . . I would kind of prefer not, but I don't feel too strongly about it.  I'll hold off on telling anyone else for a little while, at least, because I only had to untell one couple last time (other than family), and that was too many.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#128 of 205 Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Tracy

This will be #7 for me. The others are 21, 17, 15, 10, 4 and 1.

Married

4. When are you "due?"

Around Oct. 11.

Sarah Anne for a girl. No boy names -- we've used them up.

I'm 43, a technical writer for a software company and I'm so tired I can't think of a 3rd thing.

I think this has to be it. My husband is turning 50 this year and planning for kids later in life is a lot harder because there are so many considerations (like saving for retirement v. saving for college).

Not really, except every couple of days, a McDonald's hamburger.

I think I'm going to plan for another homebirth, like the last 2. I would like to use the tub because I wasn't able to the last time.

I'm hoping for a girl so that I'll have 4 boys and 3 girls (although with the way my girls have been arguing lately, I wonder if I'm better off with yet another boy?)

I seriously don't care. My kids are all a genetic mishmash: some blonds, some brunettes, some blue eyes, 1 brown eyed, some hazelish.

VA

I read as much as I can, love to cook, play golf if I can fit it in. With so many kids, much of my time is spent supporting their hobbies/activities instead.

Probably 40. I had a m/c in December, and after that bought 50 ICs. I started testing at like 6 dpo, even though I knew it was foolish, and at 10 dpo, I was shocked to see a light line. I tested twice a day for quite a while to ease my mind. The 50 ICs were $8 or so, so I really don't care about wasting them.

Obviously, I told DH. I told a close friend that I work with and a moms group that I belong to online. The rest of the family, including the kids, and co-workers will have to wait a few more weeks, although I have a feeling some people are starting to suspect since I've started with the almost all day queasiness and serious fatigue. Oh, yeah, and bloat that's unbelievable.

#129 of 205 Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm so excited to join! I just POAS this AM and got a clear BFP. this baby (like our previous DD) was conceived via FET so I'm 10 days post a 5 day blast transfer, which means about 15days post "O"

Colleen

This will be #2. DD is 19 months

Married since Aug 2006. May of 2011 will be 10 years since our first date :)

4. When are you "due?"

Oct 24. But l went to 42+2 with DD so I'm guessing I'll likely go a little later.

Not yet.

I'm an RN. I'm an infertility survivor. I love reading and cooking.

Definitely want more. I would love to have 3-4 kids total.

Nope. Didn't really with last pregnancy either (except for lots of fresh fruit)

Working towards an HBAC

I think I would love another girl.

Our kids are all created with donor sperm so this question always feels a little odd to me.

Canada

Reading. Cooking. Trying to get more into sewing and gardening.

2. A BFN a couple days ago and a BFP this morning! I am only 4 weeks 1day along. Going for a beta to confirm on the 24th of feb

DH was with me for the testing this AM. We live with a very dear friend who we will likely tell this weekend. I plan to email my ND soon who's been instrumental in getting me pregnant both times and immensely supportive through the whole infertility process. Likely tell our parents/siblings once we get u/s confirmation of a heartbeat and probably tell friends and everyone else at around the 10-12 week mark.

#130 of 205 Old 02-19-2011, 09:47 AM

Congratulations, Shasta!!!

#131 of 205 Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 AM

1. What is your first name? Jessica

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?  2

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Married

4. When are you "due?"  Oct. 23-ish

5. Do you have any names picked out?   Mmm...not really.  There's a girl name DH and I both really like, but it's one of those names that easily lends itself to teasing, so we're kinda unsure about it.  Last time around there was only 1 boy name we agreed on (we had a boy).

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  I taught kindergarten for 6 years.  I graduated from a Quaker college.  I love living half a block away from the co-op we belong to...just a quick walk to local produce, breads from some of the best bakeries in town, natural skin/hair products, etc.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  I think this is gonna be it.

8. Do you have any cravings yet?  Not yet...only 20 DPO.

9.  What is your plan for the birth?  We plan to use the same freestanding birth center that we used when DS was born.  It's about a 25-30 min. drive from our house and the practice includes at least 8 midwives and several nurses.  It's also right across the street from a hospital with a good reputation.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  Welllll....I'd kinda like a girl, but feel like the universe has set me up to live in a house of boys -- the last two years I was teaching my classes were 70% boys.  Also, my mom and my aunt and my maternal grandmother and my paternal aunt and DH's parents all had two kids each, either 2 boys or 2 girls.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)  DH and I both have long lashes, which DS inherited and they're beautiful, so I vote that his sibling get them, too.  It would be fun if baby got my hazel eyes (DH and DS are brown).  And DH's mellowness.

12. What state do you live in?  Pennsylvania

13. Do you have any hobbies?  Love reading...mostly fiction, including "young adult" and "intermediate" fiction.  I'm a foodie and love reading about food and picking out new recipes (although DH does most of the cooking around here).

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?  Today I took my third test cuz I wanted to see if the line had gotten any darker.  It had.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  DH knows.  My sister knows (especially pertinent cuz this pregnancy will probably prevent me from attending her wedding in September in India...her fiance is from Chennai).  My childhood best friend knows.  And the 3 mommies from the little playgroup DS and I have been a part of since he was a couple months old.  We'll probably wait until about 12 weeks to tell others...except DH's parents will be visiting when I'm at 8 weeks and it would be nice to tell them in person this time around...so maybe my parents and DH's parents will know at 8 weeks.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#132 of 205 Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 PM

Hi everyone! I'm not really new to MDC, but it's been a long while since I've been a regular poster.   I'm excited to be joining the DDC and getting to know everyone! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFanatik View Post

Amanda

This will be our 2nd.

Married since 7/05

4. When are you "due?"

From LMP, 10/13.  But if you go from when I'm pretty sure conception happened, it would be about a week before that. 

We've been throwing a few things out there, but we'll probably wait awhile to settle on anything.

1-This baby is kind of a surprise, but a fantastically wonderful surprise.  We've both been wanting another for awhile but had convinced ourselves to wait till summer to TTC, for various practical reasons.  2- After my husband lost 2 jobs in a year, I'm now supporting our family (I'm a nurse) while he SAHD's and takes some online classes.  The hope is that once he's finished he can get a more reliable job and I can go back to working very part time.  3- We recently downsized from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment (see above job woes)  and I really couldn't be happier about the forced simplification of our lives.

Not sure.  We only ever wanted one child, till we had one.  Who knows what'll happen after we have 2?

No.  Not even a little.  I'm just kinda queasy most of the time.

Looking like a homebirth, but we'll see.  We have insurance/money issues.

We have a boy already, so a girl would be fun.  But I also think it would be great to have 2 little boys running around the house.

My idealism and his down-to-earthedness.  We keep each other in check that way :)

Ohio

Hiking, camping, and music festivals in the summertime.  Crafty things in the winter- nothing specific, I dabble in a lot of crafts.

Just the one at home.  I'm really so sure I'm pregnant, I think if I'd have waited a few more days, I wouldn't have even needed the test to be sure!

Well, my husband obviously.  And my parents and 2 brothers.  And DH told his dad, who has premission to tell family.  And I told a couple of best friends.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#133 of 205 Old 02-20-2011, 12:20 PM

1. What is your first name? Alicia

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 6th

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married 10 years

4. When are you "due?" Going with Oct. 7th

5. Do you have any names picked out? Lilliah for a girl

6. List 3 facts about yourself. 4'10", speed reader, inordinately unassertive in RL

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? Whoever Elohim wants to bring into my life I will love

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Coffee just because I need the energy

9.  What is your plan for the birth? probably unassisted again

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? twin girls? lol......probably asking too much, but the girl team needs some help, and the boys room is getting crowded

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My hair and his eyelashes

12. What state do you live in? NC

13. Do you have any hobbies? Crochet, knitting, and trying to add gardening in there, but realistically cleaning and homeschool are my "hobbies" :o)

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Very many, I'm not usually test-happy but I was in hard denial for a whole week. So I got a digital test, kinda hard to argue with those.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Yeah probably too many people for this early.....

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#134 of 205 Old 02-20-2011, 04:29 PM

1. What is your first name? Sarah

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Domestic Partnership

4. When are you "due?" 10/30/11, but with #1 I went the whole 42 weeks!

5. Do you have any names picked out? #1 is a boy, so we're keeping our girl name we picked out the first time around - Adeline (after my grannie)

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I'm a math teacher, I love to read, and I already miss my morning quad latte

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? probably our last, but no guarantees

8. Do you have any cravings yet? not yet

9.  What is your plan for the birth? hospital VBAC until someone tells me otherwise!

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? oh god, NOT twins!

11. You hope your baby has your wit and her open heart

12. What state do you live in? Washington

13. Do you have any hobbies? cooking!

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? two - the "holy crap!" and the "run-out-to-the-store-and-get-the-kind-that-says-PREGNANT"

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  we told our sperm donor, but that's it.  Probably wait until we see a heartbeat to tell anyone else.

mama to Hank - 12/09/09

#135 of 205 Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Emma

this will be #3

married

4. When are you "due?"

late October, I think

no! waited 2 weeks to name DD, 4 days to name DS

I'm trying to finish my PhD (before baby)

This wasn't planned

I'm vegetarian

well... assuming this is the last.... DH probably will do something permanent to ensure it

nope, never had much with the others either

home

oh man, hoping not twins

DH would like one with curly hair (so far straight like mine)

ny

no time for hobbies, I'm a grad student with two kids

just the one. I mean, I guess I knew... but I just couldn't believe it!

waiting. told DH, one friend (who I'd already told) and some old DDC pals. Going to tell the MWs, obviously, I hear they book up FAST here so I'd better get in there now. I'm really     nervous to tell my parents, my ILs, my professors. I think people are going to be upset- in everyone's opinion, two is "enough", and since I have a boy and a girl, everyone says, "you're done, right?"

dissertating mom to three

#136 of 205 Old 02-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:

Mae

This will make two

Married

4. When are you "due?"

10/22/11

Yes

Hmmm... I think I feel a little boring right at this moment.

I think this will be it! Unless I lose my mind as I near 40.

Nope

Cesarean (no judgements, please)

I'm not sure what we'd do with a boy...

My focus, his risk-taking ability

Minnesota!

Sitting

Um, since we started TTC, maybe 6?

We're keeping it on the DL

Working mom to DD 02/2008. Hoping to stay pregnant with #2, due 09/13/2012...

#137 of 205 Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 PM

I think that since I am kind of new to the boards, I should start with this thread thumb.gif

1. What is your first name? Raina

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married since August 2010 (been together since April 2003)

4. When are you "due?" October 17, 2011

5. Do you have any names picked out? Boy: Finn Lennon    Girl: Liv Autumn

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I am an fantastic baker. I write poetry. I was born in CA, but am no CA Girl.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I would like to have one more, and become a foster-to-adopt parent.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Lemonade and rice.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? I will be having a hospital birth with a nurse-midwife. I am high risk due to an autoimmune disease (Systematic Lupus Erythematosus)

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? A boy. I know it's cheesy, but if my DH doesn't have a baby, his family line will "die". How old-school am I? eyesroll.gif
11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My hair (thick and loosely curly), his eyes (the color of the sky on a Summer day)

12. What state do you live in? Washington

13. Do you have any hobbies? Anything in the kitchen (except mopping), paper crafts, walking, yoga, art and writing.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Um... 12. Yes, 12. ROTFLMAO.gif
15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I have told my mother and father, my walking buddy and my two BFFs. We're waiting until April 1st to officially announce it. 

#138 of 205 Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

1. What is your first name? mambera for the public, sorry :)

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? this will be our 2nd

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? married

4. When are you "due?" "October 20"

5. Do you have any names picked out? not yet

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I like to dance. I hate TV. I am beyond challenged when it comes to anything electronic or mechanical.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? Theoretically I would want one more but DH doesn't and, well, I don't need to think about this too hard just yet

8. Do you have any cravings yet? no

9. What is your plan for the birth? hospital with CNM, just like last time

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? NOT twins!! I'd be overjoyed with a healthy singleton of either sex. :)

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My face and his body, heh

12. What state do you live in? CA

13. Do you have any hobbies? I did before I became a (WOH) mother!

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? In my life? Four. One for DD, one for this bean, and two for late-period scares in the past

15. Have you told anyone you're pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Just DH, otherwise waiting as it's just so early. We'll start telling 2-3 months in probably, when things seem a little more for-real.

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

#139 of 205 Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 PM

1. What is your first name? Sara

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2 !

4. When are you "due?" I don't normally like to say an actual date because it's almost never accurate anyway and I love to leave people hanging when they ask...I usually tell them wistfully  "Oh, sometime in the fall" lol. I will say end of Oct. or Early Nov.

5. Do you have any names picked out? Yes and we never tell until the baby is born, I can't stand those IL's that have nothing nice to say plus our names are pretty unique and I have still never heard of anyone with the names we have picked. :)

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I used to be a flair bartender, I used to be a pro downhill mountain biker and I now I love, and I mean love, to knit.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? We want more, but not right away.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? No

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Home water birth #2 with my awesome midwife

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Either one is fine, a boy would be great for my son but I do want a girl at some point haha.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My hair!!! I have enough hair for 3 people and it's amazingly gorgeous. People tell me I have anime hair (like sailor moon haha!). And my Dh's lips LOL, sounds funny but he has the most lush/perfect lips ever.

12. What state do you live in? Originally from Canada <3 but I now live in WA state.

13. Do you have any hobbies? I love to knit, hike, sew, paint, kayak, and read everything.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? just 1

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I'm waiting as long as possible for both families but mainly the IL's. They are way too intruding and I like my space especially when I'm pregnant.

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#140 of 205 Old 02-22-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:

1. What is your first name?  Becca

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?  2 - B will be 1 in March.

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Married in our hearts love.gif

4. When are you "due?" Late Oct/Early Nov

We have a girls name from our first that we still really like and I never got rid of our list of names. I'm sure we will have fun playing the name game for the next 9 months.

1. I currently live in a 240 sq foot one room cabin.

2. My puppy that was stolen (with two others) in October was spotted and we brought her home 2 days ago.

3. I eat primarily raw fruits/veg/nuts

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  I have been hoping for 3 or 4 total, so at least 1 more and we would be so very blessed.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Yes for some reason I can't stop thinking about potato salad irked.gif perhaps that has something to do with the juice feast I was on for the past few weeks...

9.  What is your plan for the birth?  Home waterbirth would be the best.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I haven't decided yet.

12. What state do you live in? Ok

13. Do you have any hobbies? Gardening/foraging for wild edibles/yoga/knitting/reading/music/jewlery making with natural materials/leather craft/metal craft/juice making/health/doing laundry.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? 4 or 5 - 2 or 3 BFN and 2 BFP today. I didn't trust one of the tests today.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I was wanting to wait initially, but we told our parents and siblings. We will prob. wait for local community/friends.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#141 of 205 Old 02-22-2011, 07:43 PM

Hello all! I am officially coming out of lurking to announce: Yay! We're expecting!!!

1. What is your first name? Carolyn

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is my fifth pregnancy; we have a ds age 8, followed by a full-term loss (dd), then went on to have dd age 4 and dd age 2

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married - and our 10 year anniversary is on the 10th of March!

4. When are you "due?" October 24th, 2011

5. Do you have any names picked out? Not yet

6. List 3 facts about yourself. My dh and I both come from huge extended families...just on my side alone I have over 100 first cousins between my mom's and dad's sides of the family. We recently started gardening and canning, and it's turned into a way of life that is so unexpectedly rich and rewarding. We live in a big old two story house that was moved across my hometown to it's current location by a house mover, and set on a new foundation. Dh and the kids and I were able to walk along side the house as it was slowly towed through the streets.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? We are always open for more, God willing

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Peanut butter

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Long story short, I've had two hospital births and two homebirths, and not in that order. For this birth, we are thinking hospital, but I tend to have fast labors, so I will for sure be having some supplies/resources ready if we would end up staying home. Our family doctor is awesome and actually attended our last homebirth. I struggled a bit with depression immediately following my last birth, so I'm feeling like a hospital birth could offer extra help and extra pampering those first few days to ease the transition. Our local hospital is awesome...very accepting of natural birth and pretty much lets us call all the shots. Combined with our great doctor, it sort of feels like a "homebirth in a hospital!" Honestly the birth I had there several years ago felt more like a vacation than a hospital stay!

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? A boy would be awesome after three girls in a row, but really, a girl would be amazing too.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My brown eyes and his calm disposition!

12. What state do you live in? Wisconsin

13. Do you have any hobbies? Love to read, especially spiritual books, be outside, camp, swim, go for drives, pretty much anything our family can do together.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Four - I never get tired of seeing that second line appear!

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.     We've not told ANYONE yet, which is really hard! We both felt like it was a neat thing to keep just between the two of us for a while. We'd like to wait until around twelve weeks to tell, but I'm not sure if my fifth-time-around belly will be able to be kept hidden that long!

spiritfreak likes this.

SAHM to Abraham (9) Gillian (5) Adrienne (3) and baby boy coming in October! 

Always missing our Gianna, lost during fullterm labor (8/23/04)
Sticking together through the good and the bad with dh of 10 yrs!

#142 of 205 Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 PM

1. What is your first name? Kristina

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 3, a 1.5 year old, and the Twins due Oct 2nd 

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married for 5 years

4. When are you "due?"  Oct 2nd

5. Do you have any names picked out? We have talked names, but nothing is set in stone yet

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I suffer from infertility, I won the Womens International Bowling Congress Nationals title while I was 7 months pregnant, I am one of 6 siblings.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? This will be our last IVF babies, if we are blessed with natural pregnancies, then we will be happy!!

8. Do you have any cravings yet? protein

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Hospital birth with little to no interventions.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Twins, one of each would be nice.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) Temperment, hair color

12. What state do you live in? Oregon

13. Do you have any hobbies? Bowling, working on our house

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? I have only peed on one stick, all the others were blood tests.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.   Most everyone knows already

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#143 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I am a dog groomer. I have been vegan for 12 years. I love going to watch the roller derby.

Isn't derby a kick? Definitely my favorite spectator sport! orngbiggrin.gif
#144 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 05:19 AM

1. What is your first name? Meg

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? I have a 4 yo daughter named Sasha and a 2 1/2 yo son named Rocco one baby with angels (mc in June at 8 weeks) and now this lil bean :0 )

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? I have been married for 6 years in Sept.

4. When are you "due?" My due date is 10/11

5. Do you have any names picked out? Well if it is a boy I am leaning  towards Jesse and a have no clue for a daughter

1 - I am a SAHM mom ~ Even tho we sacrifice a lot and had to change our life style for me to have this opportunity I am loving every minute of it !

2-  I love to read and am always looking for a good book.

3 - Studied Eng Lit and Philosophy in college

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? This is going to be our last

8. Do you have any cravings yet? I really don't have an appetite very often but my main food i crave now is LIFE cereal.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? VBAC in a hospital. Would like to go completely drug free but I am also not going to beat myself up over it if I change my mind.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Honestly I am hoping for a girl for the sake of my daughter. She wants a sister soooo BADLY

11. You hope our baby has my eyes and his skin tone(eyes.. smile etc)

12. What state do you live in? New York

13. Do you have any hobbies? Reading

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Actually only one which is way out of character for me!

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I have told my mom, my sister and a few close friends. Waiting a bit to let my kids and the rest of my family know .

Mom to a beautiful little girl ~age 4~ and adorable little boy ~age 3~ and wife to my main squeeze luxlove.gif
Two babes in heaven MC 6/23/10 at 8 weeks, MC 2/24/11 at 8 weeks, MC 3/2012 at 8 weeks ~ Praying for a rainbow1284.gif baby ~

#145 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFanatik View Post

Figured this might be a little something to get to know each other :D

1. What is your first name? Lindsay

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 3 - DD1 will be almost 6 when the baby comes and DD2 will be almost 3

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married - 8.5 years

4. When are you "due?" October 23

5. Do you have any names picked out? Not yet

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I am a SAHM except for one day a week, I homeschool my girls, I am 33

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? This baby is a surprise, although I always wanted more - DH was happy with 2, so I guess this will be the last!

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Green peas! lol

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Hospital birth

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  I will be happy with either

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) thick hair (not that I love my hair - it's just that DD1 has fine, thin hair form his side of the family and it is really hard to do anything with it, sleeping ability

12. What state do you live in? I am in Canada - NB

13. Do you have any hobbies? Crochet (not sure if it is a hobby or an addiction!), camping, kayaking, reading

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? 2

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  We told our parents, my grandmother and the kids - DH wants to wait a while longer before we tell everyone else I want to tell the world!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#146 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Kelcy

3! DS is 6, DD is 1.

Happily married since 2006.

4. When are you "due?"

October 27 - wedged right between my and DH's bdays!

No, but I'm writing down the ones that stick out.

I have given birth twice without drugs or intervention.

I could Mexican food every meal of every day and still love it.

My ultimate personal goal is to become an accomplished glassblower.

My husband probably thinks it should be out last, but I want at least 4.

No cravings, but I did just eat some turkey, followed it up with a brownie and downed a glass of ridiculously strong lemonade. I thought it went together perfectly. lol.gif

9. What is your plan for the birth?

Labor at home for most of it, got to the hospital last minute and have my husband 'catch'! (He doesn't know this part yet.)

I would love another boy, but a boy and a girl would be thrilling.

My hair and his laugh.

Minnesota

Nope; but I practically live outdoors in the summer. My kids know that if it's not snowing, we're going to the park.

At least 6 last week. 3 on the day they were all positive! The ones from the dollar store actually work, but I had to do a digital one to be sure.

We have told close friends and family. I am waiting until after my friend's baby shower to tell that group - don't want to steal her sunshine!!

stillheart.gif Wife to guitar.gif DH (2006), heartbeat.gif Mother to blahblah.gif DS (02-10-2005), joy.gif DD (06-28-2009), brokenheart.gif(03-17-2011)

selectivevax.gif   lactivist.gif   goorganic.jpg   belly.gif
#147 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM

1. What is your first name?  Beth

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This will be #4

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? My fiance and I have been together for 5 years, engaged for 2. Our wedding date was going to be 11/11/11 but we might push that back now. :)

4. When are you "due?" October 30th. It is very weird because this is THIRD time I have had that exact same due date, to the day. I had the due date with a m/c I have before my youngest DS and then we had a m/c again when DS was just a few weeks old. Seriously, what are the chances of that? I almost fell out of chair when I saw the EDD come up on the calculator! This baby was meant to be.

5. Do you have any names picked out? Not yet. We have a few contenders but nothing concrete. I LOVE names so it is a big deal! 

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I love being pregnant. I'm a photographer and former model. I usually keep riding my horse well into my pregnancies.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? Nope, I think we're done. Our third was a surprise after a tough m/c and was going to be our last but I just wasn't done yet! One more!

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Strangely, I want chicken and broccoli pizza... and I usually DESPISE ANY toppings on pizza! LOL!

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Homebirth again, finally in a house we own. The last was in a rental house but I couldn't go back to a hospital after that experience.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I would love twins, but that is highly unlikely! I'm happy either way but a girl would be fun since we have B-G-B right now and my DD wants to be a pattern!

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My red hair and his cute button nose.

12. What state do you live in? CT

13. Do you have any hobbies? Tons of them... way too many! Photography and modeling take up most of my free time but I love to sew, knit, scrapbook, bead, read, write, horseback ride, take care of my zoo and lots more. I'm also a certified makeup artist... but that is more work than hobby! LOL!

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? 2. I'll probably take one more in a week or so just to make sure everything is okay since I won't see the mw for a while.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. My closest friends and some family know. My mom always knows before I do... all 3 times now! I'm keeping it from the general population for a while. Basically, I haven't told anyone that I wouldn't want to tell if something went wrong.

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

#148 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 PM

1. What is your first name? Kari

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? I have a toddler.  This baby will be my second.

4. When are you "due?" Technically September 29th, but if my son is any indication, I should give birth in early or mid October.

5. Do you have any names picked out? Yes, we're pretty set on our boy name and our girl name.

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  I grew up on a farm, I love playing board games, and I'm a stay-at-home-mom

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  I want 4.  My husband wants 2.  So after this we're waiting a little while and hashing this out some more.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Well, the only things that are sitting well with my morning sickness are grains (like pasta or mashed potatoes), tomatoes, and cheese.  Oh and this time around fruit.  Not so much when I was pregnant with my son.  The first couple of weeks, I couldn't get enough Indian food. 

9.  What is your plan for the birth? VBAC - not sure if it will be hospital or homebirth.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I know it's just one.  I think a brother for my son would be fantastic, but I think a girl in my family would also be fantastic.  So we're hoping for one or the other?  :p

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)  verbal skills; math skills :p

12. What state do you live in? Ohio

13. Do you have any hobbies? Board games

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? 3.  But the first one was REALLY faint and the second wasn't much darker.  It was the third one that was obviously positive.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  I've told both of our immediate families and some close friends (I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks where I got to see the heartbeat so I decided there wasn't much point in keeping it secret past that).  I actually don't care too much about telling anybody we haven't told yet.  I figure I'll post a facebook update on April Fool's Day (when I'll be about 14 weeks) saying "I wonder if anyone would believe me if I said I was pregnant today."  I figure that's announcement enough without having to make too much of it.

#149 of 205 Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 PM

1. What is your first name?  Amanda

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?  If I get to bring this one home, it will be my fourth.  We've also had six losses.

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Married for nearly 11 years

4. When are you "due?"  October 21

5. Do you have any names picked out?  Yes

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  I'm still nursing my 18-month-old.  I'm a distance learning student.  I might be addicted to Facebook.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  We'd like to raise five children.

8. Do you have any cravings yet?  I've been craving Coca-Cola.

9.  What is your plan for the birth?  C-section at ~38 weeks.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  Hoping for twins.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)  My sense of humor, his good sense. :)

12. What state do you live in?  TX.

13. Do you have any hobbies?  Scrapbooking, Reading, Facebook

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?  Nine urine tests, three blood tests.  Fourth blood test tomorrow.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  We've told five very close friends and loads of strangers.

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#150 of 205 Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM

Hi, I'm Amanda!
If this one sticks, it will be our first! fingersx.gif
I've been married to my wife for 3 years. We've been together for 10 years.
The babe is due October 27, although I'm betting he/she won't arrive until early November.
We have some ideas for names, but nothing settled.
I love the ocean. I'm a vegetarian. I'm very excited to be pregnant again!
We want at least one more baby after this one.
No real cravings. But I've been really enjoying bananas lately. orngtongue.gif
We're hoping for a homebirth.
No preference on girl or boy
I hope the baby has my mathematical ability and her kindness.
I took five home pregnancy tests and I had three blood tests.
We've told two friends and my sister, but nobody else yet.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page