Getting to Know You - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 205 Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1. What is your first name?

Wendy

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?

Pregnant with #5

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?

Married 14yrs this June

4. When are you "due?"

10/5/11

5. Do you have any names picked out?

nope

6. List 3 facts about yourself.

I am 34, SAHM, I am beyond excited too hold our new little one.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?

We have never used any sort of birth control but I am considering having my tubes tied. For us, it just doesn't seem logical to NOT stop at some point. We have our hands full as it is, and we can not keep upgrading homes and vehicles. Not to mention our plans for funding their college education is seeming more and more frightening.

8. Do you have any cravings yet?

Potato chips

9.  What is your plan for the birth?

Well, all four of my children were overdue, loooong induced labors, no meds (other than epidural with my first born). I am hoping for a natural labor this time.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?

My husband is hoping for twins, lol. This way, they have a sibling closer than 6yrs older.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)

smile,eyes...doesn't really matter.

12. What state do you live in?

NY

13. Do you have any hobbies? 

Not really. I am always cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the house and children.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?

I believe only one.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. 

My husband jumped(literally) for joy and got right on the phone! =) It has been close to six years since he has got to spread that sort of news. I was busy trembling and crying from the SHOCK of it all.

#182 of 205 Old 04-14-2011, 03:29 PM

Beth

One little girl, she is about to turn 2

Married!

4. When are you "due?"

October 23rd, 5 days before my birthday!

We're going to work from the same short lists we made the first time but haven't narrowed it down yet.

1) I love being a mom  2) I hate the beach 3) My favourite colour is green

I would like at least one more

Definitely, popcorn and red meat!  I had the same cravings the first time but not so strong this early!

Our only legal option here is hospital birth.  but we have a wonderful doctor.

I feel very strongly it is a boy

I actually hope this baby is just like our first - she is so beautiful and smart

Canada :)

knitting, sewing, gardening, photography

Only one!

We are waiting to tell most people until our first ultrasound.  Some close friends and family know!

I am so excited to have a Fall baby!!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#183 of 205 Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Hi All!  Just realized I never really signed up or shared through the official threads.  It's been great getting to know you all through the other threads though!

1. What is your first name? Sarah Joy

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? in a relationship

4. When are you "due?" Oct 16

5. Do you have any names picked out? We have a girls name... have since before we were ever TTC... Helena del Carmen after both of our maternal grandmothers.

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  Hmm... I live in Costa Rica, I am a doula, I work in tourism with my own travel business - come down and visit! smile.gif

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? We may have one more but we'll definitely wait a couple years to find out if we want a third!

8. Do you have any cravings yet? I want to go to my favorite restaurants more, but no, haven't had any serious cravings.

9. What is your plan for the birth? We will probably plan for the same as with our first - homebirth waterbirth with my midwife and partner. 

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Girl would be lovely.

11. You hope your baby has your blue eyes and his curly dark hair (eyes.. smile etc) I don't really care, but this would be a striking combination!

12. What state do you live in? My parents live in Washington State and we visit them about once a year.  But we live in Costa Rica year round!

13. Do you have any hobbies? knitting and cooking... and I have to admit that I'm a Facebook addict. 

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?  I guess I'm coming in too late on this question but... Oh god, my friend gave me a whole packet of cheap ones and I must have taken 8 total... even though I was sure I was pregnant my first two drugstore tests were negative, then the line started faint and got darker as the hormones got stronger... 

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  We announced to my mother-in-law and dp's siblings right away... and my parents.  Then got antsy and told everyone when I hit 11 weeks.  The very next day I had a bleeding episode that made me kick myself for telling so early.  Thank goodness the baby and I are fine, but it was such ironic timing!

Mama to Gabriel (1-10-2009) and newborn Helena (10-9-2011) h20homebirth.gif with DP Julio.  ...cloth diapering, attachment parenting, infant EC-ing, etc.

#184 of 205 Old 04-16-2011, 01:57 PM

So, I am kinda late to be joining, but that's just how it is... :)

1. What is your first name? Nadine

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2 boys: age 2 1/2 and 16 months and the baby 

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married for 6 years

4. When are you "due?" September 28th, but I have always been due at the end of a month and thought it would be nice to see what it was like to have people due a little closer to my due date. 

5. Do you have any names picked out? No, sigh... We use the initials TJ and our last name so picking good names is getting harder. We have picked different names instead of typical ones. My sons are Terrick and Tacen. 

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I used to work as a Dental Hygienist, but now I stay home. I love to cook/bake. I love coffee and yes, drink it while pregnant, but only one cup a day. :)

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I have no idea. 

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Not really, but I never turn down anything with coconut!

9.  What is your plan for the birth? I don't know. I tried to have a homebirth the last two times and both times "ran out of time" because my water had been broken for too long. I have had awesome pregnancies, labors (the first was tough, but they usually are) and births with nearly no pain meds, I just don't know if I feel like I want to pursue a homebirth again or not but I really don't want to do the whole OB/GYN prenatal thing either...

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Well, I have 2 boys and would love a third. The thought of having a girl intimidates me, but after two boys, a girl is starting to sound better. I would rather not have twins, that would make 4 kids in 3 years and I hope God doesn't do that to me right now. :)

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) Eyes...talent

12. What state do you live in? Colorado

13. Do you have any hobbies? Did you not just see that I am preggo with #3?? :) I dabble in cake decorating, but only for friends/family. I have done some knitting/crocheting/cross stitching but those days are far behind/ahead right now. I do love to cook, bake and eat!

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Um, 3 when I first found out since I was only 3 1/2 weeks. And 2 more at 7 weeks because I started spotting. 

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. We have told everyone at this point since I am 16.5 weeks. We told early though. We didn't hear a heartbeat until 14 weeks and I had a stressful couple of weeks wondering about baby since I spotted some too. Everything seems to be going ok now though!

#185 of 205 Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Figured this might be a little something to get to know each other :D

Tara

Just the bun in the oven!

Engaged

4. When are you "due?"

Oct 5

We're working on it, it's TOUGH!

I'm a teacher, I love adventure, and I have a sweet black lab.

I have no idea.

Tomatoes

Still working on it...

I secretly hope it's a girl.

My eyes and his smile.

Alaska

Who doesn't? I love to fish, hike, read, bike, puzzles, movies, eat, lol

Actually only one, I was already convinced I was pregnant before I took it.

Yes... I can't stop telling people!

#186 of 205 Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Hey everyone! smile.gif

Tara

Just the bun in the oven!

Engaged

4. When are you "due?"

Estimated from an ultrasound, Oct 5

We're working on it... it's so tough!

I'm 27, I've lived in Alaska for 3 years, I'm originally from Michigan.

Who knows!

Tacos!

Hospital in Anchorage

I'm secretly hoping for a girl!

My eyes and his smile

Alaska

Hiking, fishing, biking, reading, puzzles, and walking

Just one

Yeah, I can't stop telling people!

#187 of 205 Old 04-22-2011, 01:45 PM

Hi Tara! Fun to see more Alaskan's joining the group! Welcome!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#188 of 205 Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 AM

So many of you Alaskans. I think you must be over-represented population-wise in this DDC. Cold winter up there, eh? winky.gif
#189 of 205 Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFanatik View Post

Figured this might be a little something to get to know each other :D

1. What is your first name?  Georgie

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? with the twins....I will have two

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Married

4. When are you "due?"  October 22, 2011

5. Do you have any names picked out? Not yet....still waiting to find out boys, girls, one of each....identical....eeek

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  Oldest of two daughters, love to ride horses, and have a crazy sense of humor

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  I hope so, but I have no idea what I am in for......bit scared

8. Do you have any cravings yet?  peanut butter

9.  What is your plan for the birth? drugs.....lots of them

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  twin boys

11. You hope your baby has your _hair___ and his____eyes__. (eyes.. smile etc)

12. What state do you live in? Washbington

13. Do you have any hobbies? Horseback riding, shopping

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?  7?

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Yes once I hit 12 weeks I have told everyone

#190 of 205 Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 AM

1. What is your first name?  Kama

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?  Two daughters, ages 10, 8, one son 3 years old, one unfortunate un-intentional abortion, and another one due in Oct.

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Married to my first official boyfriend

4. When are you "due?"  Mid October

5. Do you have any names picked out?  Girls' name yes, boy's names are the hardest!!

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  Moved 40 times by the age of 18 (and don't regret it), lived in several countries since I've been married, own my own internet business

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  We consider our precious kids to be blessing from God--as such, who are we to say we have enough blessings? (We wouldn't do that with the blessing of money!)

8. Do you have any cravings yet?  Tomato pasta sauce (things made with it)

9.  What is your plan for the birth?  Find a good midwife/ob here in Ecuador (we moved her about 2 months ago) and be as natural as we safely can

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  Personally, I love girl babies 'cause the outfits are so plentiful and cute. There is a chance of twins in this pregnancy, so we'll see. Twin girls would be awesome!

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)  My laid-back personality, his skin and sweetness

12. What state do you live in?  Used to live in Central Oregon, but now live in Ecuador (and no, I don't know Spanish yet).

13. Do you have any hobbies?   Yep--but I hardly know what they are right now. Busy enough keeping up with pregnancy nausea, a highly active 3 year old boy, looking for a house to live in that actually has a yard big enough to throw a ball, and finding food to eat that doesn't have artificial ingredients (my kids are highly sensitive to them and Ecuador doesn't label foods properly). 

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?  One worked great! I was too busy packing to move to Ecuador to consider taking more than one!

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  Everyone knows--just looking at my belly, it's pretty obvious

#191 of 205 Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 AM

1.  What is your first name?  Brandi

2.  How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?  This is my first, I'm totally excited.

3.  Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Single.  It's pretty rough.

4.  When are you "due"?  October 9th by both my calculations, and my last ultrasound.

5.  Do you have any names picked out?  If I have a girl, I'll name her Adeline, after my nani.  For a boy I like Jack, or my brother's name- Johnny.  It was looking like a boy at my last appointment, though.

6.  List 3 facts about yourself:

--I'm 25

--I live in the Los Angeles area

--I love southern food!

7.  Is this your last baby or do you want more?  My first and last, I think.  I didn't plan on this one in the first place, but I'm happy I'm getting the chance to be a mom.

8.  Do you have any cravings yet?  Spicy everything.  Hot sauce on everything.  Things I usually love to eat taste completely flavorless unless they're covered in tapatio sauce or frank's red hot.

9.  What is your plan for the birth?  Hospital, since I have a high risk pregnancy. 

10.  We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  I say either, but when I was told I was having a boy I kind of felt a little bummed I wasn't going to have a little lady.  A boy is still awesome, though!

11.  You hope your baby has your ____ and his ____.(eyes. smile, etc.)  My positive attitude and his amazing, almost freakish good health

12.  What state do you live in?  I live in California again, but I lived out in the woods around Houston, TX for 3 years.  I may go back after the birth to take it easy and let my mother help out.  She's been begging for grandkids since I started menstruating.  (...that's an exaggeration, but you get my point)

13.  Do you have any hobbies?  Knitting.  I'm only good at easy stuff though, like hats, because I tend to start and stop pieces and lose my place a lot.  I've knitted about 9 hats for this baby already, he'll definitely never have to worry about cold ears.  I also like other crafts, too. 

14.  How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far?  First I took one that had been sitting under the sink for god knows how long and it came out possitive.  When it came out positive I decided it was too old to trust and bought a box with three more.  I peed on all those and when THEY all came out possitive, I went to the local clinic and had the test done.  I was in complete shock, I honestly thought I couldn't even get pregnant.  I was totally confused/shocked/elated/mortified.

15.  Have you told anyone you're pregnant, or waiting? if waiting, details.  I told my boyfriend at the time (of 7 years, who is the father) first.  He was smitten at first, and then the reality of our situation took hold and he's been very unsupportive for the last couple months.  I broke things off when I realized how the stress from our arguments were wearing at my nerves and possibly affecting my baby.  Then I told my brother.  Last was my closest friends, and my parents.  Everyone was as shocked as I suspected.  And even more so that I have completely embraced my new role!

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#192 of 205 Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Hi Everyone! I'm a little late to join the DDC and I'm new to MDC, so bear with me as I figure out all the abbreviations etc. and how everything works...very happy to meet you all!

1. What is your first name? Gianina

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2...the sweetest little DSS and a new little one growin' fast!

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married, and head over heels joy.gif

4. When are you "due?" October 16th (my little sister's birthday!)

5. Do you have any names picked out? Argh...yes, but I keep changing my mind!

6. List 3 facts about yourself. Erm...I've got 9 siblings, work at the lovely Mt. Rainier National Park, and I love to play backgammon.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? Maybe one or two more...we'll see :)

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Not really...definite aversions though, mainly to hot sauce and certain textures

9.  What is your plan for the birth? At home with my DH, my older sister (she's a doula), and the MW and her assistant

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Thrilled no matter what, but maybe a girl since we already have DSS

11. You hope your baby has your brown eyes and his ginger-blond hair

12. What state do you live in? Washington...the one on the Left coast

13. Do you have any hobbies? Sewing, gardening (and canning the results), wild mushroom hunting, knitting... 

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? oh gosh...I think I took like 6???

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? Yep...we told everyone pretty much right away...too excited to keep it a secret for very long!

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#193 of 205 Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:

8.  Do you have any cravings yet?  Spicy everything.  Hot sauce on everything.  Things I usually love to eat taste completely flavorless unless they're covered in tapatio sauce or frank's red hot.

That's too funny...I used to love tapatio, and my husband eats it on literally almost everything, and after I got pregnant just smelling it would make me throw up!

P.S. I have a little niece named Adelina...such a pretty name!

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#194 of 205 Old 05-13-2011, 06:05 AM

I used to LOVE oatmeal and now the texture completely grosses me out. I have to force myself to eat it in the mornings.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#195 of 205 Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 AM

1. What is your first name?  Andrea

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is the first.

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  Married for almost two years to my husband, with whom I have been for fourteen years.

4. When are you "due?"  October 8

5. Do you have any names picked out?  Almost, but not sharing.

6. List 3 facts about yourself.  I am a lawyer, I am the oldest of five kids, I am so happy that I'm going to be a mom!

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more?  Maybe one more

8. Do you have any cravings yet?  Mostly fruit- strawberries and citrus.

9.  What is your plan for the birth?  Natural, at a hospital birthing center with midwives

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins?  I am having a boy

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)  I hope he has his eyes, and my crazy big mouth.

12. What state do you live in?  Washington

13. Do you have any hobbies? Playing with my dog, cooking, gardening.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol?  I took a ton.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details.  I have told lots of people, as it's 19 weeks along.

#196 of 205 Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM

1. What is your first name?  Melissa

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 3 biological, 6 fosters

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? married, very HAPPILY! :D

4. When are you "due?" Oct 22 seems to be the consensus

5. Do you have any names picked out? Evelyn for a first name after my aunt.  thinking of either Caroline or Charlotte for a middle name...all of our kids have EC names

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I have a low tolerance for idiots who know better.  I  am an avid crocheter.  I used to be a nurse

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? undecided

8. Do you have any cravings yet? stir fry

9.  What is your plan for the birth? repeat section (can't do vbace since my incision makes me high risk for rupture)

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? i guess a girl since that's what we're having :)

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) my hair, his smile

12. What state do you live in? washington, dc

13. Do you have any hobbies? sewing, crochet, pretending to knit, cooking/baking

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? probably 7 cause i was convinced that i was definitely NOT pregnant

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. blabbed the day we got the first positive

#197 of 205 Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 AM

Hi everyone :) I'm coming to this a bit late (20 weeks today!), but I'm craving pregnancy chat with October moms, and loved my Mothering DDC last time :)

Amy

Two including this one. My son is three years old.

Married 5.5 years (wow that went fast!)

4. When are you "due?"
October 18 (my mom's birthday. MIL is the 19th!)

If it's a girl, we're thinking Evelyne Rosemary. No idea for a boy.

i. I'm 33.
ii. I'm of Irish, Polish, Scottish and French descent, living in a very francophone area!
iii. It was getting pregnant with my firstborn that spurred me into making healthier, more natural and environmentally friendly lifestyle choices.

This will be our last. Being pregnant is hard on me, and I don't feel like I can be a good enough mother with more than two kids.

Never really had particular cravings.

Same baby-friendly hospital as last time, hopefully unmedicated.

My gut is saying girl, and that would be an extra treat for me, but I'll be perfectly happy with a boy as well. We'll (hopefully) find out next Friday.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)
I think any combination would be great, but I'm particularly intrigued with a blond hair (me)/brown eyes(DH) combination in girls.

Quebec, Canada

My #1 love is knitting, I'm learning to sew when I can, and I crochet but not as often anymore.

Just two the first time, I was in total disbelief.

Everybody knows now ;)

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#198 of 205 Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 AM

Hi everyone :) I'm coming to this a bit late (20 weeks today!), but I'm craving pregnancy chat with October moms, and loved my Mothering DDC last time :)

Amy

Two including this one. My son is three years old.

Married 5.5 years (wow that went fast!)

4. When are you "due?"
October 18 (my mom's birthday. MIL is the 19th!)

If it's a girl, we're thinking Evelyn Rosemary. No idea for a boy.

i. I'm 33.
ii. I'm of Irish, Polish, Scottish and French descent, living in a very francophone area!
iii. It was getting pregnant with my firstborn that spurred me into making healthier, more natural and environmentally friendly lifestyle choices.

This will be our last. Being pregnant is hard on me, and I don't feel like I can be a good enough mother with more than two kids.

Never really had particular cravings.

Same baby-friendly hospital as last time, hopefully unmedicated.

My gut is saying girl, and that would be an extra treat for me, but I'll be perfectly happy with a boy as well. We'll (hopefully) find out next Friday.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc)
I think any combination would be great, but I'm particularly intrigued with a blond hair (me)/brown eyes(DH) combination in girls.

Quebec, Canada

My #1 love is knitting, I'm learning to sew when I can, and I crochet but not as often anymore.

Just two the first time, I was in total disbelief.

Everybody knows now ;)

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#199 of 205 Old 05-31-2011, 05:39 PM

1. What is your first name? Karolina

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? First one :)

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married to my sweetie

4. When are you "due?" Halloween!

5. Do you have any names picked out? It's a boy, Phoenix. 

6. List 3 facts about yourself. I am a professional chef and holistic health coach. I love feeling the grass in between my toes. I have a blog...http://paperheartsandcranes.blogspot.com/

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? More!

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Tons of fruit, especially watermelon. Yum.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Homebirth in our tiny apt.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? It's a baby boy.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) love of nature/creativity

12. What state do you live in? ny

13. Do you have any hobbies? knitting, drawing, blogging, traveling!!

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? 2

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Almost everyone by now.

#200 of 205 Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 PM

I have not been on much since I joined and I don't *think* I did this already, but forgive me if I have!! :)

1. What is your first name? Jen

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2, almost 6 year old twin boys

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married

4. When are you "due?" October 6

5. Do you have any names picked out? Griffin Thomas

6. List 3 facts about yourself. 1. I am a holistic esthetician and beauty sales rep 2. I breastfed my boys for 4 years 3. I share my boys with my ex husband

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? LAST!! :) I thought the others were my last!

8. Do you have any cravings yet? I've had a TON of cravings over the course of this pregnancy. Right now I seem to want ice cream a lot.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Hospital birth, as natural as I can handle. I would LOVE a homebirth for the last time but money is an issue. I wish my insurance would cover it. :(

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Honestly, I was hoping for a girl but I am fine with having a boy now.

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My: eyes, lips, legs His: eyebrows teeth, hair

12. What state do you live in? Texas

13. Do you have any hobbies? Skincare, natural parenting, crafty stuff: knitting, decoupage, etc.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? At first I took 3 or 4

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I waited for 4 months before goign fully public.

#201 of 205 Old 06-22-2011, 01:56 PM

1. What is your first name? Katrina

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is our first!

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? I've been married for just under 11 months.

4. When are you "due?" Our "guess date" is October 12.

5. Do you have any names picked out? My dear husband likes Leonidas. I don't know if I'll be able to talk him out of it. We both like Levi and I like Elijah (it's a boy!).

6. List 3 facts about yourself. 1. I have terrible self-esteem issues... but they've gotten a lot better during my pregnancy. 2. I'm a super happy person--so much so that I'm usually just way too nice. No backbone at ALL! 3. I adore kids. My parents did foster care most of my life, and I practically raised some of the little ones, so I tend to have the misguided illusion that I'll be more prepared for parenthood than some people.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I absolutely want more. Maybe not yet though.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? I can't get enough salty foods. And around 17 weeks I ate nothing but lemons and V8.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? I'm planning a homebirth with a midwife and my mom as my doula.

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I didn't care either way. My husband was almost desperate for a boy--and he got his wish!

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) eyes... nose.

12. What state do you live in? Maryland (just moved from NY).

13. Do you have any hobbies? I love to sing and play guitar.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? I only took one at home! It was very faint, so I went straight to the doctor instead of going crazy waiting.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? We told people as soon as we got confirmation from the doctor, about 5 weeks. Neither of us is very good at keeping secrets.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#202 of 205 Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 AM

1. What is your first name? violet

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? do the two fur babies count?!?

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? yes.

4. When are you "due?" 10/14/11ish, i don't really "believe in" due dates.

5. Do you have any names picked out? atom russell barpolishlastnameski

6. List 3 facts about yourself. i have hair, i wear glasses, i like waffles

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? we'll see how i handle this one first... ;)

8. Do you have any cravings yet? nope!

9.  What is your plan for the birth? au natural @ local birthcenter, hopefully in a tub!

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? whatever!

11. You hope your baby has your thick dark hair and his nothing (KIDDING!!!). (eyes.. smile etc)

12. What state do you live in? florida

13. Do you have any hobbies? nerding out, baking w/ beer, and pretending i'm an f1 driver.

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? three, but all at the lab to confirm the initial pregnancy. i found out while involved in a medical trial. needless to say, it was a total unexpected/unplanned suprise.

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. i've told ervryone, i have a big mouth like that.

first time mama-to-be, due sometime in the last half of october. avid smart ass, trivia player, roller derby official, aspiring political hack, and android addict.

#203 of 205 Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 PM

Leah

Have an 18 mo son and another little boy on the way

Married to my hubby for 3 years in October.

4. When are you "due?"

My EDD is October 26th.

We like Charlie, haven't discussed many other names yet.

Love to get dirty in my garden

SAHM M-F

Work part time at an animal shelter

Not sure yet

Ugghhh.......craving everything!!!!

Still discussing pros and cons of hospital vs homebirth

my smile, daddy's height

New Mexico

Gardening, knitting, cooking

Took 2 before going to the Dr.

I'm kinda late finding this forum, so Ya, everybody knows at this point.

#204 of 205 Old 08-07-2011, 08:55 PM

1. What is your first name? Becka

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? this will be #5

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Divorced from the father of my first 4. In a relationship with this babies dad

4. When are you "due?" October 7 or so

5. Do you have any names picked out? I think maybe so

6. List 3 facts about yourself. 1)I wanted 4 kids since I was 10yo. Once I had 4 I wanted more, despite having just gotten divorced during that pregnancy. 2)I met my DP when I was 12 while we both lived in Panama. I had hopes of marrying him back then. We were completely out of contact for 14 years before meeting again last year. 3)I'm procrastinating getting my DC to go to bed. I procrastinate a lot.

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? May or may not be the last, depends how things go in the next few years. I'm potentially open to 1 more and I'm fairly certain I'd be done after that.

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Milk, which is odd since I used to have milk go bad in the fridge before it could be used. And meat. Vegetarian/vegan pregnancy this is not.

9.  What is your plan for the birth? unassisted

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Don't really have a preference, but have boy feeling

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) ummm...hadn't even thought about it

12. What state do you live in? Michigan

13. Do you have any hobbies? Currently, sleeping

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? took about 6 or 7 I think

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Hard to hide by now. I think everyone knows now. We waited till after the first tri to tell most of my fam, though he told his within a few days.

Becka, partnered with Eric. Momma to Kenz, 12, Abbey, 9, Nik, 8, Johanna, 3.5, and newone on the way in October

#205 of 205 Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 PM

1. What is your first name? Aly

2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? 2

3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married to Darwin

4. When are you "due?" October 29th ish

5. Do you have any names picked out? NO - We need help!

6. List 3 facts about yourself. 1)I am a certified lactation counselor and licensed clinical social worked specializing in PPD (www.healthymomshappybabiescenter.com) 2) I want to be totally holistic but I still dye my hair, drink diet coke and eat sour patch kids...... 3) I am a libra

7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I think this is it - I find pregnancy extrememly emotionally and ohysically challenging

8. Do you have any cravings yet? Junk.........

9.  What is your plan for the birth? Natural Hospital with midwives - would love to do it at home but my support people are too nervous and it would be stressful for me

10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Very suprised to find out we are having a boy!

11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My skin and his athletic ability

12. What state do you live in? NY

13. Do you have any hobbies? Reading, being with friends, shopping, some TV/Movies, food, crocheting, music...

14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? too many to count!

15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I am joining late so its a bit hard to keep it a secret at almost 30 weeks - LOL - but I can't keep a secret so everyone knew right away.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page