1. What is your first name? Brandi
2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is my first, I'm totally excited.
3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Single. It's pretty rough.
4. When are you "due"? October 9th by both my calculations, and my last ultrasound.
5. Do you have any names picked out? If I have a girl, I'll name her Adeline, after my nani. For a boy I like Jack, or my brother's name- Johnny. It was looking like a boy at my last appointment, though.
6. List 3 facts about yourself:
--I live in the Los Angeles area
--I love southern food!
7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? My first and last, I think. I didn't plan on this one in the first place, but I'm happy I'm getting the chance to be a mom.
8. Do you have any cravings yet? Spicy everything. Hot sauce on everything. Things I usually love to eat taste completely flavorless unless they're covered in tapatio sauce or frank's red hot.
9. What is your plan for the birth? Hospital, since I have a high risk pregnancy.
10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I say either, but when I was told I was having a boy I kind of felt a little bummed I wasn't going to have a little lady. A boy is still awesome, though!
11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his ____.(eyes. smile, etc.) My positive attitude and his amazing, almost freakish good health
12. What state do you live in? I live in California again, but I lived out in the woods around Houston, TX for 3 years. I may go back after the birth to take it easy and let my mother help out. She's been begging for grandkids since I started menstruating. (...that's an exaggeration, but you get my point)
13. Do you have any hobbies? Knitting. I'm only good at easy stuff though, like hats, because I tend to start and stop pieces and lose my place a lot. I've knitted about 9 hats for this baby already, he'll definitely never have to worry about cold ears. I also like other crafts, too.
14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far? First I took one that had been sitting under the sink for god knows how long and it came out possitive. When it came out positive I decided it was too old to trust and bought a box with three more. I peed on all those and when THEY all came out possitive, I went to the local clinic and had the test done. I was in complete shock, I honestly thought I couldn't even get pregnant. I was totally confused/shocked/elated/mortified.
15. Have you told anyone you're pregnant, or waiting? if waiting, details. I told my boyfriend at the time (of 7 years, who is the father) first. He was smitten at first, and then the reality of our situation took hold and he's been very unsupportive for the last couple months. I broke things off when I realized how the stress from our arguments were wearing at my nerves and possibly affecting my baby. Then I told my brother. Last was my closest friends, and my parents. Everyone was as shocked as I suspected. And even more so that I have completely embraced my new role!