Chat thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else full of nervous energy, waiting eagerly for more activity or is that just me? energy.gif
#2 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm just ready!!  I already have a birth pool picked out, registries made, I'll be meeting with my MW soon and I'll be talking to her about a birth kit because I'm anxious to get that.  I have a ton of stuff left over from my other two kids so I'm just ready to go!!!  I want the big fat belly REALLY bad!!!!!!!! 

Gabesgrrrl likes this.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#3 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Yes, I reload this page like 50 times a day.  Let's get some more mamas!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#4 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 PM

Oh it sounds like so much fun!!! We have wanted to start a family for so long and we kept saying we'll wait until the wedding. Now I can't focus on the wedding (it's in 9 days). I have do many questions. I'm eager to learn and I wish something would happen already smile.gif
#5 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Whew. So it's not just me then. orngbiggrin.gif

#6 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 04:00 PM

Nope it's definitely not just you! smile.gif

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#7 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 PM

This is my pg outlet as I am waiting to tell most everybody besides my closest friends, so yeah, I'm ready to get this chattin' started! I am waiting until at least 8 weeks to start interviewing midwives. Not really much for me to do right now except obsess about if this baby is going to stick or not. Which is not so fun. I peed on my third test today. So fun to see the big fat positive!

Some questions for the convo:

Are you drinking coffee? Sushi? Wine/Beer?

How many trips to the bathroom do you take a night?

How is your partner handling the pg?

Do you touch your belly?

Do you "feel" magic go on in there?

Jennifer, mama to two beautiful blessings (ds 3/2000 and dd 9/2002) who are growing and amazing me every day and hoping for another!
#8 of 63 Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 PM

The store I'm a manager in has a cafe that I work in 1-2 days a week so I do drink coffee, lol.  But I've cut back to at least half decaf on my drinks.  I don't like sushi and I don't drink much so I'm avoiding those things.

NONE!  My bladder doesn't get affected until at least late 2nd tri.

He's happy, just worried about finances since we're doing out of pocket for a MW.

Do you touch your belly?

ALL THE TIME!!  lol

<3  Yes. 

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#9 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

How about you, Jennifer? What are your answers to your questions?

> Are you drinking coffee? Sushi? Wine/Beer?

Drinking cappuccino right now. I'm cutting down though, and I switched from black to green tea. Sushi - haven't had any raw yet, but I will if I feel like it. Wine/beer - nah, not a big drinker, but will have an occasional glass after the 1st tri if I feel like it. Poor SIL is going through her second pregnancy where she is "dying for a sip" of wine. If I ever feel that way, I'm definitely taking a sip!

> How many trips to the bathroom do you take a night?

Yea, no increase for me either.

> How is your partner handling the pg?

He's a little freaked out, but he's been pretty wonderful to me.

> Do you touch your belly?

Yes. I feel pretty silly doing it, but yes.

> Do you "feel" magic go on in there?

No. Having a hard time believing it's real. Had some stretchy cramping last week, but now not much. And all of my "symptoms" are so minor they are completely within the range of normal for me. So I keep temping and testing every morning thinking at some point it will feel more real.

Here, I'll add another question:

> Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? Folic acid? Other?

I'm not taking a prenatal, but I am taking 400mg folic acid and eating vegemite (lots of FA) daily. I should get back to taking my FCLO, but I can't stand it without fresh OJ and I've been lazy about squeezing it.
#10 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 AM

>Are you drinking coffee? Sushi? Wine/Beer?

No coffee.  I was kinda out of the habit of coffee drinking due to the break from school, so it's really ok for me.  I think I'll avoid sushi, just to be safe.  At least fishy sushi.  No alcohol. 

>How many trips to the bathroom do you take a night?

Maybe just one during the night.  I've been drinking a LOT of water though.

>How is your partner handling the pg?

He's acting pretty normal.  I think I'm more excited at this point, but I know he's on board.  

>Do you touch your belly?

Haha, yeah.  I've got kinda a paunch already so I pretend it's something new. 

>Do you "feel" magic go on in there?

I do!  I never really understood what people meant when they said they just felt different.  I thought it was maybe a spiritual or supernatural thing and I'm not into those at all, but I do feel something happening.  It's like a very soft cramp that's almost always there.  I love it!

>Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? Folic acid? Other?

I'm taking a prenatal (2/3 of a dose daily) and extra folic acid. 

#11 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
~pi

Coffee/caffeine - Yes. I aim to stay below 300 mg a day of caffeine and otherwise don't worry about it.

Sushi - Haven't had the opportunity, but I prefer veg sushi anyway. I wouldn't worry about a good sushi place, though.

Wine/beer - No, I don't drink during first two trimesters. Third tri I might have half a drink if I really feel like it. No drinking made a recent work/networking trip slightly less enjoyable than it might otherwise have been.

None. (Trips to the bathroom at night already? Really? Thank you, genetics, for my bladder of steel.)

Great. We're both a little shocked.

Do you touch your belly?

No.

Not really, no. I do occasionally ponder/visualize cells dividing, though.

Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? Folic acid? Other?

I am now. I have a couple of autoimmune conditions (type 1 diabetes and Hashimoto's -- they are genetically related, along with celiac, which I do not have as far as I know) so all of my patterns have changed already. Thanks, hormones. I've already started the constant readjustment of my insulin pump ratios, I am testing my blood glucose about twice as often, I've bumped up my thyroid meds by 28% and, according to an email from my endo, I am supposed to be taking 5 mg (5000 mcg compared to the usual 400) of folic acid per day for the first 12 weeks. So I need to pick up folic acid today. Good grief.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#12 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Neither this baby or my first one will let me drink coffee - it tastes nasty right now. I am really bummed about that!

Sushi, heck yes. I do eat less raw, but don't really avoid it. FWIW I am lucky if I get sushi 1x a week, it is more like once every 2-3 weeks. 

Wine/Beer, I don't drink much normally so I have no problem giving up for pregancy.

maybe once. I limit my fluid intake before bed, but I pee alot more during the day. I am super thirsty

He is also excited, but cautious. We have gotten the news that a couple people close to us have had miscarriages recently and that makes both of us a little nervous.

Do you touch your belly?

yeah, can't help it!

sometimes, mostly it is just stretchy crampiness, but sometimes it does almost feel like something is going on in there (which of course it is, but the fact that I can feel or sense it is a little less than normal)

are you taking prenatals, etc

Rainbow light prenatal One. When I remember which is maybe 5/7 days of the week. Or don't feel too queasy to take it.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#13 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM

I'm spending way too much time online...is my first pregnancy symptom lol

I'm a tea person, a non-drinker and I don't like sushi, lol so other than switching to herbal and green teas this one is pretty easy.

2-3 I usually go at least once normally anyway, I don't think I'm needing to go THAT much more, I think I'm sleeping less soundly so I'm waking and going to the bathroom ...anyone else having any sleep disruption?

my SO and I and in a newish and wonderful relationship, we decided to try to get pg and it happened fast we are moving in together in a month...it is a bunch of really big stuff for him all at once...he's a bit overwhelmed...but he's also ecstatic to be having his first baby at 42, something he wasn't sure he'd get to do.

Do you touch your belly?

yep...I liked the comment about having a paunch anyway and pretending this bloating is something too...perfect description.

I feel that sort of steady cramp...and since I'm right in the time of when my period would be I can get nervous...I feel ridiculous and relieved when I retest and see that lovely dark pink line again.

And supplements... I take Greens First, clo, a multi, a B combo, and my ND recently added D...normally. I switched my multi to NOW prenatal...lota pills...and I got a pg tea from the herb store...raspberry, alfalfa, nettle..etc. It makes me feel like I'm doing something, lol

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#14 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 AM

Still on decaf after DS2 was born (he's still nursing too). I guess I should go look up whether coffee is "bad" now or just caffeine. (All coffee was "bad" two years ago, IIRC)

I stopped drinking wine/beer because it bothers my husband, even though the baby's living off the yolk sac for another week, and we're going to a big party this weekend :P

Never liked sushi!

Just one. But if I had a nickel for every time I went during the day...

In his usual underwhelming fashion

Do you touch your belly?

Not until it warms up around here -- my hands are always cold!

Not yet...

Prenatals?

I've been taking prenatal vitamins, extra calcium, and omega supplements since March 2008... never stopped since DS isn't weaned yet. In fact thanks for the reminder to check my supply :)

I'll probably have to add iron again too. The prenatals didn't have enough for my body last time around, and the iron cured some wicked headaches!

If your vitamins make you queasy, try taking them when you go to bed or when you get up to pee at night... you'll go back to sleep fast enough not to notice.

I got a blood test yesterday... HCG level was a big fat 1280! (at 4w5d) Was skyping with my MIL when the call came, so now she knows too! Yay :)

I also pulled out my notes from last time, to compare hcg levels, and it was really surprising to see how soon I had to start wearing maternity jeans back then... I guess the first few weeks felt really long. Time is flying right now.

#15 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 10:36 AM

Oh, regarding supplements, I think I will try to take fish oil when I think of it.

#16 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm not taking any special vitamins.  Just my regular whole foods multi & probiotics right now.  I might get some prenatals after these are gone.  I have some folic acid in my cabinet that I need to get out and then I plan on adding some vit c to build a nice strong bag of waters.  :)  Drinking a little RRLT w/ ginger.  One thing I DO need is some floradix!  I'm anemic when not pregnant so I really need it when I am.  The pills just don't do it for me- not a fan of constipation.  Floradix is so much better anyway.

#17 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Yes, yes, and yes. I'm reducing coffee and don't have sushi enough to be too concerned about that. We had a beer tasting party last Sat. and I did taste along (18 oz total over 3 hours). Last night we were eating some yummy funky cheese and bread and I just had to have some wine to wash it down. Not sure I will continue the here and there glass, but feel ok about it now.

How many trips to the bathroom do you take a night? 2-3 which is a big increase. I'm also not sleeping well.

He is very supportive, but cautious, The mc was as hard on him as it was on me, and we've been ttc for almost a year. He was baffled by the whole process, and surprised we couldn't just use our intellect to get pg.

Do you touch your belly?

Just in bed when I am meditating on little one.

I do feel something, probably the same crampiness others are feeling. I am definitely more in tune with my body than I was during my previous pg's.

As for supplements I am taking a prenatal and omgea 3, as well as RRL tea.

Jennifer, mama to two beautiful blessings (ds 3/2000 and dd 9/2002) who are growing and amazing me every day and hoping for another!
#18 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

RRL tea is what? Red Raspberry Leaf? What is that supposed to do for you?
#19 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 03:22 PM

Yes, it's red raspberry leaf tea.  It's very beneficial to a woman, esp during pregnancy. It helps to tone the uterus so that when labor time comes it is stronger & more effective.  When not pregnant it helps to keep your periods regulated and ease menstruation. 

#20 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 04:20 PM

AH, I'm down from 3-4 cups to 1 cup small cup in the morning, just until i buy some decaf and I will switch to that.  No alcohol for me, I choose to not drink during pregnancy.

I won't start this routine until much later.

DH is very excited and very freaked out. We were already outgrowing out apartment with DD and no car either, I can tell he is stressed about money and making #2 work.

Do you touch your belly?

Not really.

I feel everything that happens, tiny movements of cramps and growing or whatever is happening right now, i feel it all.

Prenatal Vitamins?

Just got my Floradix in the mail today, which is what I will take. It is a liquid (i can't swallow pills) iron and vitamin supplement. I had to have iron infusions during my first pregnancy because I become anemic, I am trying to avoid that this time around.

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#21 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 PM

Hi mamas! Excited to be here for the second time around. I just took the test tonight, and while I was already pretty sure I was pregnant, it was awesome for it to be confirmed :-)

While my due date according to the "date of last period" would be the end of September, I'm fairly confident when I conceived, which would put me at the beginning of October. Since DS was a week late, I'm thinking it's safer to be here anyway. Hope you'll have me joy.gif

As far as the questions go...

Yes still to coffee though trying to gradually decrease to decaf, had a ton of sashimi the other night but probably won't do much raw fish from here forward (so hard, I looooove sushi), and now that I know for sure I'm pregnant, I won't be drinking much wine or beer until 3rd trimester (and then it will be only occasional treats :-)

So far only one. It's still early though. 

He's psyched, but like a lot of other partners, worried about finances since we are paying for midwife out of pocket and I have to get regular health insurance now as back up.

Do you touch your belly?

Just started too. It's nice :-)

Hard to say, but when I think about all the magic that's going on, it's hard not too feel it!

Looking forward to getting closer to ya'll. This is my outlet too since I'm not planning on telling anyone until 12 weeks (if I can wait that long before showing!)

Jen--mama to beautiful 18 mth old Thatcher (amazing home water birth!), wife, small business owner, lover, dreamer, do-er. Due in October with surprise #2. 
#22 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Oh and as far as supplements go, just started taking New Chapter prenatal vitamin again, Omega3s, red raspberry/nettle tea combo and Floradex. That's basically what I did with DS and felt very healthy the whole pregnancy. 

Jen--mama to beautiful 18 mth old Thatcher (amazing home water birth!), wife, small business owner, lover, dreamer, do-er. Due in October with surprise #2. 
#23 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 PM

I've cut way down on coffee in the morning. I do love my Starbucks and lattes just aren't the same with decaf. Sadness. I drink unsweetened iced tea throughout the day, so I'm going to have to start brewing decaf black tea as it's difficult to find large containers of decaf unsweetened!

No sushi - though this will be hard mid-day as LOVE WFM sushi :)

I'm not much of a drinker, and my SO if straight edge, so it's pretty easy to keep away. Our wedding is in 8 days though so I'll be sad without a little glass of something to calm the nerves before the ceremony!

I keep thinking it's in my head... but during the day I'm going all the time.

He's so excited!!! Though I think he would show it more if he wasn't so stressed about work and wedding prep. I'm looking forward to all the baby talk we'll do on our honeymoon.

I feel silly when I do. I'm afraid to get attached in case it just doesn't take. I don't want to be so worried about a miscarriage that I don't enjoy the pregnancy. I think I just need to give myself a time out a touch my damn belly :)

Mostly light cramps, but there is a constant feeling that something is going on in there. It's comforting.

I work in the natural supplement industry! <3 this questions. It's the first time in a long time that I'm actually happy to swallow a cup full of pills. I'm taking Pure Essence Two N Only Prenatal (a great choice for those who want more than a one a day but don't want to have to take 6 a day), Country Life and/or Minami high EPA fish oils (mainly for mood, I'll switch to a high DHA later on), Whole Foods Market Folic Acid, Jarrow Formulas Vitamin D3, MegaFoods Blood Builder (non constipating formula - as it's from whole food).

#24 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 PM

I've cut way down on coffee in the morning. I do love my Starbucks and lattes just aren't the same with decaf. Sadness. I drink unsweetened iced tea throughout the day, so I'm going to have to start brewing decaf black tea as it's difficult to find large containers of decaf unsweetened!

No sushi - though this will be hard mid-day as LOVE WFM sushi :)

I'm not much of a drinker, and my SO if straight edge, so it's pretty easy to keep away. Our wedding is in 8 days though so I'll be sad without a little glass of something to calm the nerves before the ceremony!

I keep thinking it's in my head... but during the day I'm going all the time.

He's so excited!!! Though I think he would show it more if he wasn't so stressed about work and wedding prep. I'm looking forward to all the baby talk we'll do on our honeymoon.

I feel silly when I do. I'm afraid to get attached in case it just doesn't take. I don't want to be so worried about a miscarriage that I don't enjoy the pregnancy. I think I just need to give myself a time out a touch my damn belly :)

Mostly light cramps, but there is a constant feeling that something is going on in there. It's comforting.

I work in the natural supplement industry! <3 this questions. It's the first time in a long time that I'm actually happy to swallow a cup full of pills. I'm taking Pure Essence Two N Only Prenatal (a great choice for those who want more than a one a day but don't want to have to take 6 a day), Country Life and/or Minami high EPA fish oils (mainly for mood, I'll switch to a high DHA later on), Whole Foods Market Folic Acid, Jarrow Formulas Vitamin D3, MegaFoods Blood Builder (non constipating formula - as it's from whole food).

#25 of 63 Old 01-27-2011, 07:54 PM

So how many Jen, Jennifer, Jenny's do we have here? LOL!

I told my ten yo ds today. Couldn't keep it a secret. Told him not to tell his sister, we'll see how he does with that! Him and I had our one on one day today and were playing twenty questions while we were eating dinner. His object that he had me guess was the baby. <3. I asked him if it was alive. Yes. Is it someone we know? No. Is it someone famous? No. Is it an adult? No. A child? No. And at that I guessed right! So cute! I told him that one of the hardest things about being pg was waiting to meet the babe, but I once I met him that I was just so happy to be his mama. :)

#26 of 63 Old 01-28-2011, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Fun to see everyone's responses! Welcome to the DDC, Mama_Wolf!

OK is it time to start an official roster yet? energy.gif
#27 of 63 Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No - but I don't normally.

Well, I never really slowed down after ds was born - sigh. I'm up at least once a night, last night - 3 times.

Super excited.

Do you touch your belly?

Not yet, oh wait, I laid in bed last night rubbing my belly.

Not yet.

Supplements

Fish oil, prenatal multi

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#28 of 63 Old 01-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Hey, does anyone have a good pregnancy tea recipe?  I know about the benefits of RRT, nettles, etc and I can buy pre-made teas but I think it would be cheaper and more convenient to make in bulk. 

#29 of 63 Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 AM

Morning sickness today! More like entire day sickness. How am I supposed to get through work?!

#30 of 63 Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am here to chat and obsess alongside you! :) I am a mother of 3, and recently have had a hard time with un-sticky babies. (3 lost in 6 months!) We're expecting again-this will be our last try to finish-out our family, so it's a tie-breaker. I'll either have 4 children, or 4 miscarriages!

With all 6 of my pregnancies, I got a  BFP really early-around dpo 10 I think. But with this one, I was BFN until day 15! So weird when I saw that line...I kept testing because I was not myself and just knew I had to be preggers!

I am pretty concerned about my lack of symptoms, but keep reminding myself that if the baby implanted later than average, my symptoms could be a couple of days behind.

What I have noticed:

NO breast soreness. not even a little! Slightly veiny, but no darkness or soreness. This has me pretty worried.

I'm having some cramping-which is not followed by bleeding, but it's still disconcerting after so many losses.:(

I am extremely tired, cranky and short tempered. I am also eating weird things-like green olives and ice cream...

I also have pretty consistent headaches and a touch of heartburn...

I really hope this is a sticky baby...first appointment is next Wednesday!

Thanks for listening-can't wait to hear more!

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page