Food - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 128 Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrabelle View Post

poodge, it could still happen! We're still in the 'whatever stays down' phase;)

Thanks I am hopeful!

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#122 of 128 Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

What is it about pears dipped in black pepper that's good? I may need to try that just out of curiosity. Did you make that up yourself???

I just got back from vacation in CA and I had the strangest thing happen, which is that two days before we left, all my nausea and tiredness went away, and I was pretty freaked out because I thought I was losing the baby. It stayed away the whole time (!!!) but I knew I was still pregnant because of other symptoms. Then I came home and woke up the first morning feeling cruddy and tired again. And today, same thing, nauseous and tired. Am I allergic to my house??? Anyway, had my first appointment yesterday (I'm only 9 weeks--due Oct. 31) and heard the heartbeat!

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#123 of 128 Old 03-27-2011, 07:50 PM

MMMMMM! Homemade fruit salad!!! I am sooo making some tomorrow! I can't wait! its so funny how excited I am getting about food this pregnancy! eat.gifMore food! MORE!

Leia
Homeschooling mommy to 5 girls with number 6 on the way! joy.gifhomeschool.gifbfinfant.gifgoorganic.jpg
#124 of 128 Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 PM

It all started with this salsa that I make with grapes...

diced grapes, cilantro, chipotle peppers, lime juice and garlic.

I was craving that-but had no grapes OR cilantro, but loved the spicy/fruity combo. So I tossed diced pears with almond slivers, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. wowee!! Throw in some goats cheese for an extra kick...

Anyway, now i just love pears with black pepper so much that I pretty much only eat them that way..weird, I know.

But now i'm always mixing fruits in with all sorts of things, salads, meats...

I made morrocan pickled oranges in the beginning of february (I woke up, snowed in, with the urge to pickle every thing in the house. It wasn't until I laid down that night that it dawned on me that I must be pregnant.lol!)

Anyway, the kids love the oranges mixed in with chicken or beef. Kind of like pork and apples, or mango chutney! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

What is it about pears dipped in black pepper that's good? I may need to try that just out of curiosity. Did you make that up yourself???

I just got back from vacation in CA and I had the strangest thing happen, which is that two days before we left, all my nausea and tiredness went away, and I was pretty freaked out because I thought I was losing the baby. It stayed away the whole time (!!!) but I knew I was still pregnant because of other symptoms. Then I came home and woke up the first morning feeling cruddy and tired again. And today, same thing, nauseous and tired. Am I allergic to my house??? Anyway, had my first appointment yesterday (I'm only 9 weeks--due Oct. 31) and heard the heartbeat!

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#125 of 128 Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

corrabelle, it's all coming clear now. I love fruit with savories also, that's why it piqued my interest. I just made strawberries with basil for my clients this morning--yummers. I also love an orange, red onion and cilantro salsa with fish. I think I WILL try your recipe!

Lately I can't stay off the dairy. I usually am vegan til 6pm, but at around 12 I hear the greek yogurt singing to me from the fridge. Ah, well.

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#126 of 128 Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 PM

Mmmmmm....greek yogurt. my goodness that stuff is good!

Oh, another fruity combo...have you tried thai mango salad yet? It's basically just mangos, carrots, red onion, red pepper all julienned, and tossed with chili sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and white vinegar and minced thai basil. (or mint!) ;) Shrimp is optional...although I love it. I prefer sriracha hot sauce in it (often called rooster brand.)

I'm going to try the salsa with oranges, haven't done that one yet!

#127 of 128 Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrabelle View Post

Mmmmmm....greek yogurt. my goodness that stuff is good!

Oh, another fruity combo...have you tried thai mango salad yet? It's basically just mangos, carrots, red onion, red pepper all julienned, and tossed with chili sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and white vinegar and minced thai basil. (or mint!) ;) Shrimp is optional...although I love it. I prefer sriracha hot sauce in it (often called rooster brand.)

I friggin love Greek yogurt.  I get mine with honey and it's so sweet and rich and wonderful.  Yumyum. 

That salad sounds good.  Maybe I'll try it once mangoes show up in my store. 

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#128 of 128 Old 04-02-2011, 11:32 AM

I wonder if that's the same stuff that i've been eating..."the greek gods" brand. SO good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page