Implantation bleeding?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am starting to freak out a little after going to the bathroom before getting in the shower this morning and I was bleeding.  Not heavy, but 3 wipes and now only a little pink when I wipe.  I got a BFP on tuesday morning and it showed up almost immediately on the test strip, but I'm not so sure it really was a positive.  I feel like I am cramping some too, or maybe its my mind messing with me. I've never had implantation bleeding before I didn't know how heavy it was. I am going to obsess over this all day at work I just know it, but I'm going to wait it out til tomorrow morning and take another test to see what it says.  Fingers crossed for me that it was just some implantation bleeding and not AF rearing her ugly head 3 days late.

novaxnocirc.gif mama to my 2 yo wild man and my beautiful 11 yo DD.  Married to the best DH ever since October 2010!!! angel.gif 5/2011

#2 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 05:02 AM

Implantation bleeding would take place 7 to 10 days after conception, so that seems unlikely, unless you had a really early BFP. Would this be the time that your period was due? Because it is rather common for pregnant women to bleed a bit around the time that they would normally start their period.
As for the cramping, also normal. I was certain I was going to have my period for at least the first week after I tested, because I was cramping off and on. It didn't happen, and I discovered that it is very common for newly pregnant women to be crampy.

Lastly, a false positive is very rare. False negatives are much more common. I hope the crampiness subsides quickly, and you will start feeling better. But from what I understand, both the bleeding and the crampiness are entirely normal and pretty common. No worries, and congratulations!! A happy and healthy, and most of all uneventful nine months to you!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#3 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 AM

I definitely agree that some small amount of bleeding early on can be normal. If it gets worse or the cramping becomes worse, call your midwife or ob for a check up or go to the emergency room.

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#4 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for the advice.  The bleeding was a little heavier once I got to work and I'm not sure what to think.  The cramps aren't low like my regular cramps, but are higher up.  I hope this is just some normal earlier pregnancy bleeding but who knows.  I may break down and take a test in a little bit again and see what is says.  Tues when I got the BFP  it showed up so quick that I had no doubt i was pregnant.  Just gonna go with the flow and what ever happens happens and is what is meant to be. GOing to try not to stress out over this.

novaxnocirc.gif mama to my 2 yo wild man and my beautiful 11 yo DD.  Married to the best DH ever since October 2010!!! angel.gif 5/2011

#5 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Well I tooka nother test and BFN, so I guess AF has reared her ugly head. Guess we will try again next month.  I almost think I was pregnant Tues and it just didnt stick for some reason.  Hope you ladies have a happy healthy nine months!!!

#6 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 AM

hug.gif 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#7 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Sorry chiro_mama.  greensad.gif  I hope you get your sticky baby very soon.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#8 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Chiro Mama I'm so sorry that you aren't with us in our club, good luck for next time!

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#9 of 12 Old 02-06-2011, 11:53 AM

Just read this! So sorry Momma. hug2.gif I hope you get your sticky baby soon!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#10 of 12 Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm so sorry. :( ((hugs))

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#11 of 12 Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm sorry greensad.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#12 of 12 Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 AM

I'm so sorry.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page