Cramping? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all...

Is anyone else experiencing mild cramping with no bleeding? It's causing me such anxiety-not to get TMI-ing here, but I cramp and then I have a little bit of fluid, which is always just discharge-but I've never had this before, and I'm worried that this could lead to a miscarriage!

Anyone having this?

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#2 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Yup, mild cramping every day, some clear or white mucus. It's normal.

(I do mean mild. not like my period.)

#3 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korintherin View Post

Yup, mild cramping every day, some clear or white mucus. It's normal.

(I do mean mild. not like my period.)

Same here, as well as the the discharge. I've been in the bathroom a lot just to check the color of discharge to make sure I wasn't bleeding.

Jennifer, mama to two beautiful blessings (ds 3/2000 and dd 9/2002) who are growing and amazing me every day and hoping for another!
#4 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Yup, I remember having it last time too but it still worries me! It is normal though.

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#5 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM

yep, just got back from the bathroom because I thought maybe I was bleeding....nope, just watery white discharge. I get crampy-stretchiness (yeah, I can make up my own words!) down there too. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#6 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM

Totally normal. I have it now and my husband agrees that I went through the same thing with DD. I remember being so worried last time but this time I am relaxed, par for the course. There are a million changes happening inside us every day..we are bound to feel a little something!

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#7 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 05:21 PM

i have been having a lot more cramping than i did in previous pregnancies, glad to know that it's normal!

Amanda
Mama to Amelia (9.8.06) and Jonah (6.19.09)
#8 of 24 Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Yes, I am. I always cramp though. In this case I do have an SCH but it hasn't bled yet.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#9 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 04:22 AM

Totally normal.  I have had some cramping and I remember having a lot of cramping with my first.  I also have some discharge. 

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#10 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 AM

I've had a constant soft cramping pretty much since I conceived.  I seem to have it more this time than with any other pregnancy.  Maybe my uterus is so dang stretched out it's just giving way this time  :)

#11 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Cramping here also. 

Rather intense at this exact second.

It switches from gas bubble cramps (which I never get) to sharp twinges to period type cramps. 

If I didn't know better, I would just think I'm getting my period.  And I do remember worrying about this during all my pregnancies. 

#12 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 10:11 AM

Glad to know it seems to be normal, because I'm having it too!  I was just googling it this morning.  My cramping comes and goes, usually only a couple days a week.  Maybe it's "growth spurts" of my uterus? 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#13 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Glad to know it seems to be normal, because I'm having it too!  I was just googling it this morning.  My cramping comes and goes, usually only a couple days a week.  Maybe it's "growth spurts" of my uterus? 

I like that description!

#14 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! I'm gonna LOVE this DDC! You ladies ROCK! Soooo happy to have people who understand and are not just "oh yeah, I had that with my last pregnancy"-but are experiencing it at the same time! I've never been a part of a DDC (long term cuz of the losses) so I just wanted to say how awesome this is!

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#15 of 24 Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 PM

I've been getting pains/cramps along my bikini/pelvic line, especially if I cough, or vomit. It's kind of weird. Not like a menstrual cramp, but more like a pulled groin muscle.

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#16 of 24 Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Going through the exact same thing and it helps to know you gals are, too. Love this DDC.
Gabesgrrrl likes this.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#17 of 24 Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 AM

I'm having a lot of cramping too. It's very scary. I just have a hard time being able to relax at all about this pregnancy. I won't be OK til this baby is in my arms, safe & sound.

#18 of 24 Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM

I was crampy all night last night, and had already resigned myself to seeing blood on my tp at some point. It didn't happen, and today the cramping is gone again. I've had a day like this before, when I was 5 weeks. Odd, and nerve wracking!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#19 of 24 Old 02-14-2011, 02:15 PM

before i knew i was pregnant, i thought i was getting ovarian cysts again... thts how it feels to me, like every time i sneeze, im pulling an ovary, lol. i know its muscle, but if i didnt know i was pregnant, i would still think i had an ovarian cyst!

Artie, mom to Riley 3/22/08 and a surprise due Oct 2011!
#20 of 24 Old 02-14-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post

Whew! I'm gonna LOVE this DDC! You ladies ROCK! Soooo happy to have people who understand and are not just "oh yeah, I had that with my last pregnancy"-but are experiencing it at the same time! I've never been a part of a DDC (long term cuz of the losses) so I just wanted to say how awesome this is!

yeahthat.gif

I have been mildly freaking all day and was coming to post a similar question. I don't have cramping but I don't remember ever having this much discharge before..I keep expecting to see blood every time I go to the bathroom. I am glad to see that I am not the only one so this must be "normal" and not impending doom! I have been getting that pulled muscle feeling too Corrabelle it is quick but sharp when I cough or sneeze.

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#21 of 24 Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM

Yep, I'm cramping too.  It started midway through my cycle which was yet another sign, in my mind, that I was pregnant.  (I had a feeling I was long before I ever tested!)

I don't remember it happening this early last time.  Trying hard to remain calm!

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#22 of 24 Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Okay, so my cramping has come back yet again at 8w2d.  How long will it keep coming and going???  It freaks me out everytime.  I know it's just "growing pains," logically, but it doesn't keep me from stressing about it. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#23 of 24 Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 AM

I just started to get bad cramps today (not period level pain, but period-like in duration). However, I've always bled before I started cramping, so I'm trying to reassure myself that if this were something bad, I'd bleed first. So far, I haven't spotted at all, so my fingers are crossed that everything is still just fine. Baby is just holding on a little TOO tight. smile.gif

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#24 of 24 Old 04-05-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_mom View Post

Cramping here also. 

Rather intense at this exact second.

It switches from gas bubble cramps (which I never get) to sharp twinges to period type cramps. 

If I didn't know better, I would just think I'm getting my period.  And I do remember worrying about this during all my pregnancies. 

I have the same symptoms and it scares me because I had my first miscarriage last January.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant now.

My youngest child is 15 and I don't remember cramps but I was mostly miserable for nine months due to health issue that I know longer have ..

I'm crampy but not miserable. Just worried.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page