Let's talk about our 1st trimester after miscarriage - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 110 Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm freaking out a little today. Yesterday my nausea was there but less...today it is gone and I don't feel pregnant anymore :(  Just like when I miscarried. I dread going to the bathroom for fear of seeing blood...really hope its just a fluke and my symptoms return!!!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#62 of 110 Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM

I had a m/c early December at 5 weeks. We decided to start trying again right away and got a BFP on Feb 2. We were very happy, a little weary at first. We waited a couple weeks before telling people. Now I am 8 weeks today and feeling pretty good. 

treehugger.gifKayleigh is a Marine wife to Ben & SAHM to Colton 2.5yrs and Liam 1.5yrs 

After 2 beautiful boys we're having a GIRL!

Little Miss Addie

20****25**stork-girl.gif*30****35****40**

#63 of 110 Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM

Holly, it's not uncommon for symptoms to come and go. I know how scary it must be, but don't drive yourself nuts worrying, you might wake up feeling like cr@p again in the morning. Yeah, that is an odd thing to wish for someone, isn't it?! Hang in there! hug2.gif

sweettea87, welcome aboard and congrats on your pregnancy! Wishing you a happy, healthy, and most of all uneventful nine months!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#64 of 110 Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdmom24 View Post

I'm freaking out a little today. Yesterday my nausea was there but less...today it is gone and I don't feel pregnant anymore :(  Just like when I miscarried. I dread going to the bathroom for fear of seeing blood...really hope its just a fluke and my symptoms return!!!

This is me too. I don't have as much nausea as I did, but it comes back when I haven't eaten for awhile. I wish this cramping would stop, it's really starting to worry me. I inspect the TP every time I go, because I just know I'll be seeing blood soon. I haven't yet, thank heavens.

#65 of 110 Old 03-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Iris. Mollie I hope we both start feeling crappy again soon...winky.gif

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#66 of 110 Old 03-05-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdmom24 View Post

Thanks for the encouragement Iris. Mollie I hope we both start feeling crappy again soon...winky.gif

I hope we do too!

I have an U/S scheduled for Wednesday at 9am.

#67 of 110 Old 03-05-2011, 11:37 AM

I have an u/s wed morning as well. mine is at 9:45 mountain time.

Today I am 7 wks 3 days. With my last pg I started bleeding at 7 wks 4 days (the baby was still alive) and then passed the baby at 7 wks and 4 days. I can't wait until the u/s, hoping all is well.

I have been feeling really crappy but that is not necessarily a pos sign for me as several of my m/c I have felt really really crappy right before (I think it is a hormonal issue, not sure).

This is such a rough ride.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#68 of 110 Old 03-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

I have an u/s wed morning as well. mine is at 9:45 mountain time.

Today I am 7 wks 3 days. With my last pg I started bleeding at 7 wks 4 days (the baby was still alive) and then passed the baby at 7 wks and 4 days. I can't wait until the u/s, hoping all is well.

I have been feeling really crappy but that is not necessarily a pos sign for me as several of my m/c I have felt really really crappy right before (I think it is a hormonal issue, not sure).

This is such a rough ride.

Oh, it is for sure, once you lose that innocence you had before your loss(es). Let's hope we both get great news on Wednesday!

#69 of 110 Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 AM

The innocence has been gone for me for quite a long time. My first loss was in sept of 2005. With each loss it seams to screw me up even more.

My first loss was at 12.5 wks but baby had probably died around 7.5 wks so if I made it to 8 wks w/ a live baby on the u/s and/or to 12 wks w/ a hb by doppler then I relaxed and felt "out of the woods".

Then we lost Emeric at 17 wks (he died about 14 wks) then I started bleeding w/ pepper at 7 wks 4 days and the baby had a strong hb and was alive. 2 days later I passed the baby. No reason why, it was just gone.

So seeing a live baby will relax me a little, hearing the baby via doppler and passinng the 12/13 wks mark will relax me even more, etc. BUT I am just not ok and don't know if I will ever just assume that any of my kiddos will be here with me indefinately.

Mollie- what time is your u/s on wed? I will be thinking of you.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#70 of 110 Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 PM

I am definitely taking it easy this time around.  I'm not working as strenuously.  I'm also taking my prenatals which I have never done before in pregnancy (actually taking regular multi plus folic acid).  I'm letting myself sleep as much as I want whenever I want.

Emotionally I just feel kind of frozen-- I know that beyond a certain limit there is not a whole lot I can do or try to control.  I'm trying to be zen and to just be grateful I managed to conceive so quickly.

#71 of 110 Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Yeah, I totally understand the loss of innocence. Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, so I almost feel like I was cheated out of ever getting to experience a care-free pregnancy.

My DH just found out that he can't get off work tomorrow morning to come to my sono with me...I really hope we get good news, because I'm not sure I'll be able handle anything else on my own.

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#72 of 110 Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:

The innocence has been gone for me for quite a long time. My first loss was in sept of 2005. With each loss it seams to screw me up even more.

My first loss was at 12.5 wks but baby had probably died around 7.5 wks so if I made it to 8 wks w/ a live baby on the u/s and/or to 12 wks w/ a hb by doppler then I relaxed and felt "out of the woods".

Then we lost Emeric at 17 wks (he died about 14 wks) then I started bleeding w/ pepper at 7 wks 4 days and the baby had a strong hb and was alive. 2 days later I passed the baby. No reason why, it was just gone.

So seeing a live baby will relax me a little, hearing the baby via doppler and passinng the 12/13 wks mark will relax me even more, etc. BUT I am just not ok and don't know if I will ever just assume that any of my kiddos will be here with me indefinately.

Mollie- what time is your u/s on wed? I will be thinking of you.

Lots of {{{HUGS}}}!!

My U/S is at 9am CST.

#73 of 110 Old 03-08-2011, 03:58 PM

I miscarried at 13 weeks Feb. 2010 and now I am 9 weeks pregnant again. 

I am very worried about this one as I am undergoing a lot of stress right now... I quit my job right before finding out I was pregnant, and on the same day that I quit my job the baby's daddy (I was with him for 5 years) left me. Now I am unemployed, in need of a new home because I cannot afford the rent on my own, and I am having a horrible pregnancy. 

I guess I just wanted to tell someone.

#74 of 110 Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Wow, I'm sorry you're having such a hard go of it this time.  I wouldn't assume that your (probably very high) stress level will cause any problems.  People carry babies to term even in war zones, where they must have more stress than you do right now.  Nonetheless, I hope you can find solutions quickly, all of those factors at once make it hard to see where to move on to.  Do you have a good support network of friends and family to help you out while you find some footing?

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#75 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Hi all, how's it going? Thinking about those of you that have ultrasound appointments today.

My (third) ultrasound was Monday, and it looks like all is well for now. Little one was measuring on track with a heart rate of 143. Hooray! I didn't see my doctor afterward (she was in surgery) but she said she'd call Monday afternoon to follow up, and she still hasn't. She's great while I'm actually *with* her, but... Anyway, I'm a little frustrated.

Hope you all are well.

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#76 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Chris, I'm so glad everything looked good at your u/s! That's wonderful, it must put you at ease quite a bit.

Kim, I'm so sorry that you are in a such a rough spot right now. I hope things will turn around for you soon. *hugs* We are happy to have you here, and you can vent to us any time you need to!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#77 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Just had my u/s, baby has a strong hb and everything looks great!joy.gif

#78 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

Chris, I'm so glad everything looked good at your u/s! That's wonderful, it must put you at ease quite a bit
I am feeling a bit better, especially after being told a miscarriage was likely last week. My losses have both been later, though, so it's hard for me to feel like everything's fine just yet.
Quote:

Great news! hug.gif

#79 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:

Yay Nicole! Congratulations on a great u/s!   lol.gif

#80 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Awesome joy.gif !!! Congrats!

I had my U/S too - and it's TWINS!!! Everything looked great, and I heard both heartbeats! I'm starting to freak out!

#81 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCats View Post

My losses have both been later, though, so it's hard for me to feel like everything's fine just yet.

I know what you mean. With my missed miscarriage I started bleeding at 12w4d, I think I might be able to finally breathe a little sigh of relief when that day passes (two weeks from today). I know things can still go wrong after that, but for now that particular day is a milestone for me. Maybe after that I will be able to let go of the nagging thought that I am once again carrying a dead baby around with me. guilty.gif

#82 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

I know what you mean. With my missed miscarriage I started bleeding at 12w4d, I think I might be able to finally breathe a little sigh of relief when that day passes (two weeks from today). I know things can still go wrong after that, but for now that particular day is a milestone for me. Maybe after that I will be able to let go of the nagging thought that I am once again carrying a dead baby around with me. guilty.gif

I totally get this. My twins measured a little over 5 weeks when i started bleeding...at 11 weeks. I don't think I'll really be able to relax at all until I can feel this one moving.

#83 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 AM

I remember so clearly thinking :"Why didn't I notice? How could I not know it when my baby died? How is it possible that I just went about my business and never even knew?"

This little life winked out of existence and it went completely unnoticed. That made me very sad for a long time. According to the ultrasound the baby stopped growing between 8 and 9 weeks, and for a while I was obsessively trying to relive that week minute by minute, trying to figure out when it might have happened, and if I could have prevented it. Silly, I know, and pointless. 

Anyway, I apologize, I'm not usually this much of a Debbie Downer! Time for my daily mantra: "Today I am pregnant, so today I am happy... and I don't know for how long this baby will be with me, but I will treasure every moment to the best of my ability."  

#84 of 110 Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 PM

mollie- Congrats and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!
WOW!

#85 of 110 Old 03-13-2011, 03:10 PM

I've thought about posting this a few times.....

I see your posts about how long you had a dead baby inside....and maybe but my experience/perspective was this... I had a loss after my oldest was born. I knew the day I conceived...positively. I had an ultrasound around 7 weeks where they saw a heartbeat but wanted to redate me to somewhere around 5.5 weeks....I know for sure when I conceived so what they were saying was not possible. When I had my loss around nine weeks the baby measured much smaller...not because she had been dead for weeks but because she was never growing correctly...she was alive almost the whole nine weeks just not developing on schedule.
Obviously this may not match your experiences but maybe it will help to know that baby's size may not show exactly when your loss occurred....fwiw. I'm sorry for the losses we all have experienced. Jenny

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#86 of 110 Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:

mollie- Congrats and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!
WOW!

Thank you, that's about what my reation was too!

I'm still scared though. The cramping comes & goes, as well as my symptoms. You'd think I'd be a lot more sick having twins. I still don't have a doctor yet greensad.gif .

#87 of 110 Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmamajen View Post

I've thought about posting this a few times.....

I see your posts about how long you had a dead baby inside....and maybe but my experience/perspective was this... I had a loss after my oldest was born. I knew the day I conceived...positively. I had an ultrasound around 7 weeks where they saw a heartbeat but wanted to redate me to somewhere around 5.5 weeks....I know for sure when I conceived so what they were saying was not possible. When I had my loss around nine weeks the baby measured much smaller...not because she had been dead for weeks but because she was never growing correctly...she was alive almost the whole nine weeks just not developing on schedule.
Obviously this may not match your experiences but maybe it will help to know that baby's size may not show exactly when your loss occurred....fwiw. I'm sorry for the losses we all have experienced. Jenny

Thanks for sharing that Jenny. That makes alot of sense and is comforting in a way

#88 of 110 Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 PM

I had a doctor's appointment for renewal of a prescription today and since today I'm at 11w4d (the exact day that they told me last time that the baby had died three weeks prior), I thought I'd ask if they could have a listen with the Doppler. So funny, the female doc (in training, it's a teaching practice) held out her hand and said:"Eleven weeks three days!" I hadn't met her before, she seemed really nice. So I will have a due date club buddy doing my prenatal care! orngbiggrin.gif

She got the Doppler and started exploring. Once I sort of heard a faster heartbeat underneath the sound of my own slow pulse, but she couldn't get a clear sound. When I said that I thought I heard it, she said:"Yes, me too, and the numbers keep popping up on the display so I know it's there." What a relief. The first reading she got was 155, then 135, then 175. She said it sounded like the baby was avoiding the Doppler and moving all over the place, but the heartbeat was absolutely there. So that was a load off my mind! I passed my big milestone, and we have a heartbeat, thank God!

#89 of 110 Old 03-16-2011, 01:38 PM

joy.gifIris..that is so good to hear!!

#90 of 110 Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM

So happy for you Iris!  What a relief :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page