Let's talk about our 1st trimester after miscarriage - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
joy.gif Iris, that's wondeful! What a relief for you!

#92 of 110 Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 AM

Thanks, ladies! I have to admit, I was a little concerned when she couldn't get the sound, but then I realized that this is not a seasoned midwife or OB, this is a doctor-in-the-making who doesn't have that much experience with Dopplers. So that put my mind even more at ease. I have another appointment in two weeks, hopefully she will be able to get a lock on little wiggly by then. love.gif

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#93 of 110 Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 AM

Hooray Iris!

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#94 of 110 Old 03-17-2011, 10:32 AM

Hi all. I had my first "actual" prenatal visit yesterday (I've already been in several times for bloodwork, have had three ultrasounds, and have seen my OB twice). I saw my doc's NP, who I like. She was happy with my blood sugar (I had GD with my DS and have been monitoring 4x about a month so that I could skip the GTT) and is letting me drop to 2x daily monitoring. She scheduled an appt. for me in 2 weeks (instead of 4) just so we can try to hear the hb to put my mind at ease - my losses have been 11-12 weeks, so this is a tough period for me. She also suggested we do the NT scan at 12 weeks (which I had planned to skip) just so we can make sure that all is well. I was really frustrated to find out that my OB's office has recently decided to go to a rotating call system (doctors no longer deliver their own babies). It's a big practice (8 docs) and I'm really just not comfortable with that idea...so even though I really like my OB, I'll be finding a new provider.

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#95 of 110 Old 04-04-2011, 05:33 AM

How is everyone doing?

I am 11 wks 5 days and as far as I know the baby is still alive. We will be having our first mw appt. on sat. where we will hopefully hear the hb. This is an anxious time for me as my first loss was a missed m/c at 12.5 wks and I lost emeric at almost 17 wks (AFTER hearing a healthy hb)

I am rooting for everyone and hope you and your babies are all doing well.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#96 of 110 Old 04-04-2011, 06:21 AM

I'm 14w2d today, and at my appointment last week I heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was such an awesome sound, strong, regular, and 152 beats per minute. All I could think was:"Oh thank God, thank God, thank God!" My milestone to beat was at 12w4d, when I started bleeding last year. I am tentatively feeling better, even though I am well aware that there really is no "safe zone". I just keep reminding myself that the majority of babies go to term once you've heard the heartbeat and entered the second trimester. So that's my anchor for now.

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#97 of 110 Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm 11w1d today. I'm guessing everything is OK, at least I hope it is. I have my next appt. on April 25th. Seems so close, yet so far away. I still worry that something's going to go wrong, even though I'm past the point I had my M/C. Can't help it!

#98 of 110 Old 04-04-2011, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies,

Nice so many of us are still here! I'm 12w4d and I heard the heartbeat(s) at nearly 11 weeks. The strange midwife visit prompted us to get an immediate u/s that confirmed 2 healthy little nuggets. That has been giving us way less concerns about losing the baby, though I still find it hard to believe that there are two in there. 

I have more frequent appts since there are twins, and have my first OB appt (I 'risk out' of my midwives) tomorrow and am excited to hear the beartbeats again! 

Even though there are never any assurances with pregnancy- or life for that matter- I am feeling much less anxious. Mostly I'm just too tired and sick anyway!

#99 of 110 Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Mainebirdgirl- Congratulations!!! Bummer on getting risked out of the midwife but hooray on 2 healthy babies!

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#100 of 110 Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Mainebirdgirl, yay for two healthy little ones!!

Mollie, I feel the same way. I am way past my milestone now, and I heard the heartbeat last week, but I already wonder if something's gone wrong in the meantime and the baby has passed away. It's frustrating! 

#101 of 110 Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 AM

I've been lurking here (have had 2 previous losses) and finding support from the rest of you through your strength and courage. It's also reassuring to know I'm not alone and my feelings are normal. Even though my losses have been earlier (6-7 weeks) I still am not at ease. I'm 10w 4d today with twins.

I have an appointment this afternoon (my "first OB" visit which is a bit of a joke since I've already had 4 ultrasounds and we started IVF so we know exactly how old the babies are) and I still am half afraid they'll do the ultrasound and find that the babies have died. We've already had 2 bleeding scares (I ended up with a subchorionic hemmorhage which has thankfully already resolved). I keep reminding myself to have faith...faith that God is in control and loves me and loves these babies and there's absolutely nothing I can do one way or the other. I keep thinking if I can just make it to the 2nd trimester mark I'll breathe a sigh of relief (even though there are never any guarantees).

I'm thrilled for all the healthy babies represented in this bunch so far!!

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#102 of 110 Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstandlee View Post

I've been lurking here (have had 2 previous losses) and finding support from the rest of you through your strength and courage. It's also reassuring to know I'm not alone and my feelings are normal. Even though my losses have been earlier (6-7 weeks) I still am not at ease. I'm 10w 4d today with twins.

I have an appointment this afternoon (my "first OB" visit which is a bit of a joke since I've already had 4 ultrasounds and we started IVF so we know exactly how old the babies are) and I still am half afraid they'll do the ultrasound and find that the babies have died. We've already had 2 bleeding scares (I ended up with a subchorionic hemmorhage which has thankfully already resolved). I keep reminding myself to have faith...faith that God is in control and loves me and loves these babies and there's absolutely nothing I can do one way or the other. I keep thinking if I can just make it to the 2nd trimester mark I'll breathe a sigh of relief (even though there are never any guarantees).

I'm thrilled for all the healthy babies represented in this bunch so far!!

I completely understand your feelings hug2.gif! I'm having twins too, and I'm still so scared something will go wrong. I think I might feel a bit more relief after my next appointment, which is April 25th. I'll be 14 weeks then. Wish it would go faster til my appointment, the waiting is such torture.

#103 of 110 Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 PM

My appointment today went great! Two healthy little babies, still beating strong :D

DH went public on facebook after the appointment so the cat's out of the bag. I wanted to wait until at least 12 weeks but he couldn't wait any longer.

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#104 of 110 Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstandlee View Post

My appointment today went great! Two healthy little babies, still beating strong :D

DH went public on facebook after the appointment so the cat's out of the bag. I wanted to wait until at least 12 weeks but he couldn't wait any longer.

joy.gifjoy.gif YAY for a great appointment! I wanted to wait until after 12 weeks to announce our pregnancy too, but DH was so excited after finding out at 7 weeks we're having twins that I felt bad making him wait. I just pray nothing goes wrong.

#105 of 110 Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 AM

i am waiting until sat. for the fb announcement (if I hear the hb) but everyone else knows. If you have seen me then it is no secret. I had to pull out my maternity clothes this past weekend and although it was already fairly obvious it became REALLY obvious when I got those maternity pants on:). I like telling people bcs I need the support if something happens and I like to talk about my babies and don't want to have to be oh yeah we were pg but we're not.

I am 12 wks today!!!! Just praying boo is still alive!!! My mw appt is on sat at 3 pm. I will keep all of you posted. I am really a nervous wreck but don't think that the appt. will make me feel much better. I am hoping when I feel kicking that will help but I just don't know.

#106 of 110 Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM

Nicole grouphug.gif  I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

AFM, I outed myself on Facebook. It makes me nervous letting people know, but I don't want the fear to get the best of my joy. My oldest told her teacher and classmates on Monday, and when I came to pick her up, her teacher congratulated me. I felt really really awkward. Like an impostor, like I don't really expect this to end with a healthy baby. Weird huh?

Anyway, the cat's out of the bag on Facebook too, finally, so there is no more denying it! So fear: back off and let joy run the show for a bit!!

Now if only DH would tell his parents and sister... I don't want them to feel completely left out, and they will if we wait until I have a belly the size of a watermelon. 

#107 of 110 Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

I felt really really awkward. Like an impostor, like I don't really expect this to end with a healthy baby. Weird huh?

I totally get this. I'm obviously showing, and wishing I wasn't as I'm not really ready to tell the world yet. We were at a family gathering last week, and a few of DH's aunts congratulated us...I could hardly thank them because I was so distraught that they knew. It was really awkward, and I think one of them was mad at me for not saying anything...she really didn't seem to get it when I said I wasn't making an announcement just yet because of our history.

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#108 of 110 Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 AM

I posted a thread on our main ddc page but baby boo still. Has a heartbeat. joy.gif my midwife is going to come by weekly to check the hb until I don't feel I need it as often. I lost emeric a few weeks after my first appt where I heard the hb. So this is high anxiety time for me. I made my fb announcement on sat as I am showing so much everyone else knows already. I know if something happens at this point I will need the support.
Hope everyone os doing well.

#109 of 110 Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm coming in late to this thread but wow, does reading it hit close to home.

I had 4 totally healthy pregnancies. With my 5th things just kinda felt 'off' from the get go. Midwife had a hard time finding the heartbeat, I blew it off the first time. Second time (at 16 weeks) I went to a small rural hospital and we found it but it seemed slow to me. I wanted out of there (this was a fourth planned UC, was seeing a midwife casually since my 3rd turned into a transport and c-section for a malpositioned baby that wouldn't move), I don't like hospitals so I didn't question it. At 18 weeks I had some brown spotting and mild cramping. Talked the midwife into coming over to check for heart tones. Couldn't find any. Long story shorter, when we went to the big regional hospital we found we'd lost our baby. My body never kicked into labor. I waited a week then couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital for induction. Labor was short, but it was real labor. That surprised me. Because it was before 20 weeeks we were able to bring out baby home and bury him on our land (we had a small farm). It helped a lot to be able to bring him home.

It was such a shock. I was in the 2nd trimester, I'd never had a loss, it was so totally unexpected. Our baby boy looked perfect, tiny but perfect. We didn't do any testing. I didn't want to defile his body and the drs said it was most likely chromosomal even with a 2nd trimester loss. My body tried to hold onto him, the placenta was healthy. I try to take comfort in the fact that he never suffered. Something was wrong. At least he got to go in peace instead of living a life full of pain.

I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant with baby #6. There's no comfort in hitting the 2nd trimester. I did have an ultra sound last week which showed a perfect healthy baby. I feel better, but still nervous. I think I'll stay nervous until I'm holding a healthy live baby in my arms.

Already had issues with the midwife practice for declining some tests. Thought they were gonna be cool about it then got a letter today saying they were dismissing me for being non-compliant! Nice.

We were planning a UBAC anyway and were gonna quit shadow care after the 20 week ultrasound.

Anyway, loosing a baby really changes how you feel during subsequent pregnancies. I never feared a loss with my other kids. Now, every day I wake up and think 'Please stick baby, please grow strong'. It really sucks to not be able to just blissfully cruise through pregnancy with no worries.

Liz

#110 of 110 Old 04-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Welcome! Sorry to hear of your previous loss. I'm glad you found this group. I'm sure the next few weeks will be a bit scary for you. Losing a baby really does affect every pregnancy after. My first pregnancy ended in a loss so I never had a "carefree" pregnancy experience like a lot of women.Hopefully we'll all end up with healthy little babies in October sometime!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page