Anxiety Attack or Morning Sickness? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This morning while on our way to work, I had to turn around a pick up my son's ball. My DH driving so I got a little car sick but then it turned into sweating, tummy cramps, and serious nausea. I had diarrhea when we dropped my son off at my in laws and felt sorta dizzy. I came home never having made it to work and had chills and more diarrhea ( sorry for tmi) and climbed back in bed. Finally fell asleep in between waves of nausea. I woke up and now feel better. So whatcha think????

We just told the world, or so it feels, yesterday...I know people at work are going to know...it's just out there now.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sounds more like a virus. If it was anxiety induced, keep in mind that low blood sugar oftens manifests as an anxiety attack. Try to get some protein in your body first thing in the morning.

#3 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 10:47 AM

I've been having similar symptoms for about 24 hours. Wicked nausea, belly cramps, vomited a couple times yesterday, a couple of bouts of diarrhea, and just feeling totally wiped out. I still can't tell if it is morning sickness or whether I have a GI virus. I'm really hoping virus because I couldn't keep up with my life if I felt like this for weeks on end. For me, this doesn't seem anxiety related at all, but I can understand how the combo of GI symptoms, dizziness, and chills would make you wonder if it were anxiety fueled. Good luck, and I hope we both feel better soon.

#4 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 12:34 PM

I don't think pregnancy gives people diarrhea... usually the other extreme!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

#5 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Just throwing a thought in here....IF you've recently added a prenatal vitamin...or herbs or any other major dietary change you might react with diarrhea.....just something to consider in the mix of other possibilities.

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#6 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had a fever today, too, so I guess it is virus of some sort. I did switch from regular women's daily vitamin to prenatal but that was Thursday. Think I would gave reacted sooner. The diarrhea can come with stress for me.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page