Vibes, Energy, White light, Prayers and thoughts welcome!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all-

I hope this is ok to post. Tomorrow is my sonogram-to confirm a heartbeat. I'll be 6 weeks and 1 day, and I'm pretty darn stressed. I know I may not even know the results until as late as Friday, but I can't help but hope that should there be something to see...the technician may be compassionate and let me know.

I am bracing for the worst, but also preparing for the best-since I definately feel more pregnant that I ever did with my losses. This pregnancy, symptoms are getting worse-whereas the previous losses, I felt horrible for a couple of weeks and then my symptoms and my breast changes all went away.

My appointment is at 12:30 tomorrow, (EST)-and I'll post to let you all know how it goes.

Thanks everyone!

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#2 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Of course it's ok to post! That's what we're here for. :) My thoughts will definitely be with you, Marcie!!! Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#3 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 04:14 PM

Good Luck Mama! I will be thinking happy thoughts.

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#4 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thinking of you, mama! I'm sure things will look very alive tomorrow!

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#5 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM

I've been stalking to see how you are doing, and will do the same tomorrow.  You will be in my prayers!  Best of luck to you!!! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#6 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 PM

my prayers and thoughts are definitely with you...all shall be well, all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.....(the author of the quote is temporarily escaping me, pregnancy brain)

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#7 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 05:17 PM

I will be thinking about you tomorrow, and sending good energy your way.

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#8 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Also having a 6w1d ultrasound tomorrow, but I had one last week too, so at least I know everything was fine as of tuesday. 

You want to see the gestational sac - ie, the large black circle.  Inside that, you want a little yolk sak, a globe about 1/10 the size of the larger sac. 

You may or may not be able to see the embryo at this point.  It can be as small as 1 mm.  Or as large as 3 mm.  It can have a heartbeat or not have one and it's still fine at this point.  I mean, the baby should have a heartbeat, but it may not be seen due to size.  

If they let you see the screen, you should be able to identify all these things easily.  The gestational sac, the yolk sac, and the baby.  You'll see them measure the baby length if possible.  And the heartbeat, if it's not auditory, they use a measuring that looks like capturing an EKG. 
|||iiii.....|||iiii...||||iiii.....|||iiii...||||iiii.....|||iiii...||||iiii.....|||iiii...||||iiii.....|||iiii...

You see that, you've got a heartbeat. 

I tend to take note or take a cell picture of the numbers to check on later. i hate waiting for the report.  

It's okay to say, I've had 3 miscarriages.  I understand you can't tell me things, but if there's anyway to make the report get done sooner, can you?

Good luck.  I'm thinking of you.   

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#9 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 PM

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you Momma!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#10 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#11 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Lots of love and good thoughts to you!

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#12 of 24 Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Sending you positive healthy vibes...

Living on the edge of a lake in the middle of British Columbia with my DH and DD (April 29, 2008) and expecting a new little one to join us around Oct 7th! 
#13 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 AM

fingersx.gif
#14 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM

how did it go???

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#15 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Update: Hi all...

Here in Canada, they don't let you take photos or cellphone vids of your sono-"It's not for entertainment-whatever!". Here's what happened...

Baby is only measuring 5w 2d (I'm supposed to be 6w 1d) which is entirely possible, because I think this baby implanted later than average-my positive didn't come until the day after my period was due, and it was very faint. They saw a yolksac, but no fetal pole. She said not to panic, because if the baby is really this age, this is perfectly normal.

After the losses though, I can't help but worry that baby has stopped developing.

I'm supposed to follow up with another sono in 10 days. Right now, I don't know what to feel, except sad. I was soooo hoping to see a hb today.

Anyone else have a baby who measured small, but everything turned out ok? I could really use some happy "it all worked out" stories...

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#16 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 AM

On my first u/s with ds he measured a week small. I had a follow up u/s 2 weeks later and he was measuring bigger than he should have been. He was born at 39 weeks at just under 9 pounds thumb.gifI'll be thinking of you for the next 10 days grouphug.gif

Gabesgrrrl likes this.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#17 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 07:00 PM

Hugs!  Lots of prayers coming your way!

I'm also in Canada and with my last pg I had a u/s at 6 weeks and as long as I asked for the pic ahead of time they would give me one or 2.  But I don't know what province you're in so it could be different.

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#18 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

(((HUGS)))  Praying that baby will be healthy and strong!

#19 of 24 Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM

Hugs and prayers!

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#20 of 24 Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies-I hope you don't mind me writing this. I need to say something outloud, in a space that won't judge me for being "naive":

If I ignore the fear and worry, and focus just on what I feel and what my instincts are saying, I don't feel that this pregnancy is over. It's hard to decipher the feelings, but I feel much more pregnant with this one that any of the losses. I am sick to my stomach today, nipples super sore-and my daily POAS comes up immediately and darker than the control line-I've seen a gradual darkening of the lines.

I am choosing to take the risk and say that I believe all will be well with this baby. I believe that if all is NOT well, I will be able to cope, so I don't need to protect myself by ignoring what I feel and listening to all the fear and "science" in my head! This baby is just a late starter, and is teaching me patience!

WHOOT!

Now let's see if I can keep this feeling for more than an hour! LOL!

Hugs everyone....

#21 of 24 Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi! I am in Ontario. I can PAY and go to a private sonographer, who will do that for me. However, the signs on the provincially funded sonos ALL say something like: "Obstetrical sonograms are for diagnosis only, and are NOT entertainment. No cell phones, video recorders or camera are allowed in the exam room at any time. PLEASE DON'T ASK"

Which frankly sucks, because after 3 losses-if and when I get good news, I'm going to want to share it!!!

Where in Canada are you? (I'm a transplant from the US.:) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan View Post

Hugs!  Lots of prayers coming your way!

I'm also in Canada and with my last pg I had a u/s at 6 weeks and as long as I asked for the pic ahead of time they would give me one or 2.  But I don't know what province you're in so it could be different.

#22 of 24 Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 PM

Strange...I'm in ontario too, (hamilton) and they do let you have a picture here. It costs a whopping $2 per picture;) I wonder if it varies from clinic to clinic?

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#23 of 24 Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 PM
~pi

I had DS in Toronto -- I got copies of ultrasounds either for free (OB office) or for $10 (Women's College/Sunnybrook imaging clinic.)

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#24 of 24 Old 02-10-2011, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Maybe that's my problem-I'm in a smalllll town, (we've been waiting for a family doc for a year and a half...still waiting!) and so I go to the hospital for sonos. Maybe I should phone down to Guelph and ask if they are willing to give images....

Thanks for the heads-up!

Marcie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page