WAY T.M.I., I'm sure, but I'm curious... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pregnancy sex. Has anyone else noticed a HUGE difference in sensation? Why did no one tell me about this?!?! I would have gotten pregnant YEARS ago!

Please tell me I'm not the only one or losing my mind... just dont tell me it's temporary!

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#2 of 14 Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Lol. I'm in a still new relationship and so it's wonderful anyway...but I remember what you're talking about from before! I also remember having not much energy for sex after baby came...so live it up! wink1.gif
For me at the moment besides loving it, I forget about nausea during...major bonus!

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#3 of 14 Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM

I felt that way with my first pregnancy! We just spent months TTC and I think we kind of feel like we got what we were trying for haha. It's so much harder with a toddler running around, or when I'm tired and would rather sleep. Enjoy it!!!

chicken3.gif     2008.2011.2014      homeschool.gif
#4 of 14 Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Lots of different reasons why sex can be so fantastic for some pregnant women. Increased blood flow in the reproductive areas is one reason, and hormonal changes that are creating more cervical fluid and wetness. But don't let my technical analysis get in the way!

I read somewhere a few years ago (I don't think I can find it easily) that women who have higher oxytocin levels in the first trimester have some extra good outcome for pregnancy and/or birth (I can't remember exactly what it is--how's that for vague?) Anyway, when you have an orgasm you produce oxytocin, so that's why I bring this up. More orgasms=more oxytocin=goodness all around.

#5 of 14 Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 PM

I can't agree- sorry, lol.  The LAST thing I want is sex!  My pregnancies are always this way and my sex drive doesn't come back til I'm near weaning....  so that's a looooong time with a low sex drive.  9mths+1-3 years of bfing.  Poor hubs.  He's a trooper!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#6 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 AM

For me, it was one of my first "signs" something might be up: with DS, I think the increased blood flow etc, actually made sex worse, it was very uncomfortable at the start, but was fine after a bit. With this baby, sex has been great, the extra blood flow makes things way more pleasurable.

And the change in both cases was almost immediately after conception. Though TBH, I have been too tired to really even think about DTD for the past couple weeks. Looking forward to getting some more energy,maybe in the 2nd Trimester.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#7 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 AM

I haven't noticed the increased sex drive during pregnancy. I do have to say, though, that sex after baby is always totally awesome for me. It's like my brain is just so much more connected to that area that O'ing is so much easier for me now.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#8 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 08:34 AM

We didn't have sex for a couple weeks after I ovulated, because I felt bloated and crampy and super tired (jet lag + hormones).  We've started again lately.  I don't think I have an increased sex drive from normal, but it's definitely bounced back from the first couple weeks.  One interesting TMI thing is that after I O (sex O not ovulation O) I have kinda a half nice half painful glowy cramp for a while.  I hope it's not any threat to the wee babe.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#9 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM

No increased drive yet (that didn't happen for me until the 3rd trimester the first time) but when we do have sex, it is better than ever. If only I had the energy . . . .

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#10 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

I don't have the energy either, but I'm not going to punish my husband for my hormones. It's not fair to either of us to sacrifice our intimacy unless we absolutely have to. We know there are huge changes in our future and we are going to cherish every moment together while we can. So far, I've only fallen asleep during the act once, and that was our wedding night last month before I knew I was pregnant. redface.gif

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#11 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM

AK: not punishing the hubby: but he knows if he wants any, he needs to come to bed pronto, else I will be asleep (or suggest another time during the day) If he doesn't then his loss!  I haven't ever fallen asleep . . . but I have been kind of close a few times.

#12 of 14 Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

I HATE Dr. Laura, but ever since I read "The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands" I have been super aware of making sure that area of my life gets the attention it deserves. There's validity to men needing that security and connection - heck, I know in previous relationships, that's part of why I strayed. I have been absolutely BEAT at the end of every workday, so I try to think of something fun before we go to bed (early). We've been showering together, making out on the couch, and last night was a fun unintentionally role-play of repairman and naughty housewife since he had to fix our kitchen's wiring.

I just want to reassure him that I value, love, and respect him. I want to stay connected as much as possible before a little bundle of screaming neediness reduces our "alone" time.

It's just a really, really awesome bonus that my body is going through some very enjoyable changes. Hahaha

#13 of 14 Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Preggo sex ... It's the best sex I've ever had!  Can't wait!  We have to wait until the u/s until I'm "allowed" to have an O.  But looking forward to it!  It'll be even better when I get to stop the progesterone suppositories.  Way TMI there.  Sorry.  But that's the facts.  Yay for preggo sex! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#14 of 14 Old 02-12-2011, 06:22 AM

Congrats to al of you mamas who love sex now, I am in that other percentage of mams who 1. has no sex drive at all and 2. sex is downright painful for me. It really sucks, probably more for DH who has a desire to have sex. My midwife said it is something having to do with my cervix becoming raw when i am pregnant. It is terrible and If i could not have sex for nine months, plus the 6 weeks after, plus about 3 more months i would be happy.

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page