In the Club! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Im in the club, YEA!  So excited, after 6 mo of trying we are expecting #2 in Oct.  Like the last pregnancy & birth we will being going to a midwife and having a water birth at home, can't wait.  If anyone has any questions about this type of pregnancy & birth please feel free to ask.  Congrats to you all and good luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 AM

Congrats and welcome! Pull up a chair, make yourself comfy and stay awhile smile.gif

We do require that all newcomers bring a tray of brownies. Just saying. Sheepish.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#3 of 10 Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Steph: disappointed.gifbiglaugh.gif

mkmoro311: But you can come tell us about yourself in the Roster and Getting to Know You threads. And what Steph says, congrats and welcome!

ETA: That was a bit bigger laugh than I intended. I'm a little smilie-challenged.
#4 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 AM

mkmoro311: yey! I just tested positive for pregnancy, and dh and I are really considering a water birth.  This is our first baby, so I don't have any experience with childbirth.  I would love to hear anything you can tell me about your experience.  It's reassuring to see that you're choosing it again (joyfully, too!).  I was 98% sure I wanted a water birth before i was pregnant, but now that I actually am, I'm starting to get a little nervous about the pain, and if maybe a hospital birth would be more comfortable.  I would love to hear from you!!!

Thank you so much in advance :)

soon to be mom,

Debra

#5 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM

ROTFLMAO.gifBrownies...

Congrats and welcome!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#6 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM

Hi Debra welcome! Everyone is different but my two home births were far less painful and frustrating than my hospital birth. But honestly any birth where you feel empowered and listened to is a good birth. Choose your caregivers well, educate yourself...check out the book suggestion thread, and the where becomes much less important. Jenny

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#7 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM

Congrats and welcome! I will live vicariously through your homebirth. It's not an option for me (ugh... insurance companies are maddening). :( It was really what I was hoping for this time though. I will just have to grieve it and get over it. I'm working on it..

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#8 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolian View Post

Congrats and welcome! I will live vicariously through your homebirth. It's not an option for me (ugh... insurance companies are maddening). greensad.gif It was really what I was hoping for this time though. I will just have to grieve it and get over it. I'm working on it..

Im kinda the opposite...I'm currently uninsured, so home birth cost I can plan and save for and it's reasonable...I'm sure hoping I don't transfer, or I'll be paying back for ever! smile.gif I still think who you choose as caregiver (or even doula) is more important than place...sorry though, for your having to give up on your first choice of place...that is hard.

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#9 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Jenny - it is hard. I'm trying not to dwell on it though and it's working out for me. I'm just trying to be thankful that I get to see the midwives that I did for my previous pregnancies and that I get to deliver in the same hospital. Be thankful for what you have and all that jazz. :D

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#10 of 10 Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by debfab View Post

mkmoro311: yey! I just tested positive for pregnancy, and dh and I are really considering a water birth.  This is our first baby, so I don't have any experience with childbirth.  I would love to hear anything you can tell me about your experience.  It's reassuring to see that you're choosing it again (joyfully, too!).  I was 98% sure I wanted a water birth before i was pregnant, but now that I actually am, I'm starting to get a little nervous about the pain, and if maybe a hospital birth would be more comfortable.  I would love to hear from you!!!

Thank you so much in advance :)

soon to be mom,

Debra

I was in the birthing tub for 8 hrs with my last pregnancy.  I got out several times to pee and I would have a contraction when out and it was like night and day what I experienced in the water & out!  The tub truely is a water epidural, plus your able to get into all sorts of positions you just can't out of it!  I have been to several of my friends hospital births and all I can say is, there is no place like home!  My worst fear would be to have a hopsital birth, even one that has water tubs!  I can't say I was in pain, just uncomfortable and tired, labor started at bedtime:(  And being able to just go from th etub to your own bed is fantastic!  If you have a large sunken tub or hot tub that will due, but I bought a birthing tub, it was great.  Do not buy a kiddie pool, not deep enough or sturdy enough!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page