Feeling like this pregnancy is different somehow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've not said anything to anybody (including dh) and I needed to get this off my chest. I've had a nagging feeling that this pregnancy is just different than my pregnancy with ds.

I woke up this morning and all of my symptoms were mostly gone. No nausea, I didn't wake up at 4am to pee, my boobs aren't nearly as tender as they have been. Why? What the heck happened overnight? With ds I didn't have ANY symptoms at all. None. If I didn't have any symptoms this time I wouldn't worry at all, because I know a pregnancy can be perfectly fine without any symptoms. But to have symptoms come and go just seems odd. I just really feel uneasy this time.

I've had a lot of crazy dreams lately. Some of them have me having a miscarriage, some have me giving birth to one healthy baby, some even have me giving birth to healthy twins. So I can't really take any of that into consideration since it's all over the board! LOL!

I have an appointment scheduled for the 24th. Almost 2 weeks away. I don't really want to call and ask for an ultrasound right now because I'm only 5w2d so they likely wouldn't see a heartbeat anyway and then that will just upset me more than needed.

Has anyone had symptoms come and go, very early, in a previous pregnancy and have everything be fine?

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#2 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 07:39 AM

Lots of hugs to you, Steph!  hug2.gif  I'm really thinking (and hoping and praying) that it's normal, since there seem to be a lot of us going through the exact same thing.  I'm sure we'll both be fine, and have our beautiful pumpkin babies in October!  :)

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#3 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Gah! My iPhone ate my first attempt at this post - hope this one works!

All of my symptoms change every day. Some days my boobs are practically throbbing and I cry out taking off my bra at night, and some days they feel fine. Sometimes I wake up at 3am to pee, sometimes I sleep all night. I woke up feeling super queasy yesterday, and I was fine this morning. I just figure my body is adjusting to all the hormones and it probably isn't anything to worry about.

Although, I dud tell DH yesterday that if we have another one, he gets to be pregnant next time. smile.gif

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#4 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 AM

StephandOwen,

That is EXACLY what just happened to me tihs week. Nausea disappeared, breasts felt fine, I stopped feelnig lightheaded. I was so worried! Then a few days later, I woke up in the middle of the night and almost lost my dinner! Yesterday I felt like someone was stabbing my breasts, and all I want to do is put my head down on my desk and sleep again!

Today was my first ultrasound and they dated me at 5w5d. We saw our tiny little bean and were able to see his/her heart flickering right there on the screen. SO reassuring.

So I know exactly how you're feeling right now. I know two weeks is a long time to wait, but if it helps at all, it sounds exactly like what happened to me and so far things are going well!

Hope this helps, thinking of you!

Liz

#5 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!! It is reassuring to hear that others are going through this too. Like I said- I had NO symptoms at all with my son. This is totally new territory for me. Unfortunately both dh and I were kinda expecting me to have another pregnancy like I did with my son so this is WAY out there and unexpected. I am just an emotional mess. Crying at the drop of a hat, screaming, totally irrational. Poor dh just went out for a business lunch with his co-worker. He was being sweet and brought me back some food. I think he was honestly scared to walk into the house, not knowing how he would find me. LOL! He dropped off the food, gave me a quick kiss, asked how ds is doing (he's been sick with strep and the flu all week) and ran. LOL! I guess as long as I'm being *this* emotional then I can be assured that the pregnancy hormones are still raging and "Little Whiz" is doing okay.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#6 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM

This is happening to me too! The scariest is the lack of fatigue... I feel pretty good right now when I was wiped out before. I'm trying to just enjoy it, and I wonder if I have less strong symptoms since I miscarried only four months ago so my body knows what's going on? That's what I'm trying to tell myself at least.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page