Weekly chat: 2/15-2/19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought it would be nice to have a place for general chit chat each week. Starting a little late this week though... :)

I'm 6 weeks today and really looking so very pregnant. I really am beginning to wonder about twins. We used clomid to conceive both DD and this lo. I know it doesn't really work this way but I feel like since we only had one the first pregnancy we are pushing our luck! Ha Ha! I'm anxious to know. Twins would be wonderful and scary all at the same time!  I also dreamt I was shopping for a double car seat the other night! Wierd I know since double car seats don't exist!  My Dr. is a friend of mine and I sent her an email and asked her what it meant to be showing like I'm over 12 weeks along and having twin dreams. She just asked if she could have one if we had twins! LOL! My first appt is next week. Hmmm....  Oh yeah, forgot to add that I have been feeling symptoms for weeks now. With DD it wasn't until 6 weeks that I started to feel sick and tired.

I'm finding keeping up with my toddler and the girl I babysit very difficult. I have very low grade nausea much of the time (rather then the more in your face nausea I had with DD) and am simply exhausted. I've let them watch Little Bear and Wonder Pets way more then usual these last couple of weeks.

Looking forward to chatting with you all some more this week!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 AM

I guess the odds are that some of us must be carrying twins...might as well be you, lol.

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#3 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmamajen View Post

I guess the odds are that some of us must be carrying twins...might as well be you, lol.

lol.gif  Too true!

Sue- you and I are the same. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, have my first appointment next week and have had strong twin thoughts. I started feeling pregnant way early (got a BFP at 3w 3d but started feeling it, complete with vomiting, days before that). I started showing way early this time. Time will tell!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#4 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Yea, fingers crossed. ;) lol!

I'm still just here. Not really feeling too pregnant. I still haven't scheduled a MW appt. Maybe I should do that now while I'm thinking of it.

DH is out of town for the week and I'm like the biggest baby in the world. I'm fine during the day and then come evening time I feel all depressed. It's pathetic, really.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#5 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Oh the joys of mood swings....hang in there.

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#6 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Somebody needs to come over here and take my tests away. LOL! I don't know what I was thinking but I peed on a stick again this morning. WHY?!? LOL! I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. They've been positive since 3w3d. Nothing has changed. Why in the world would I feel the need to pee on yet another stick?!? It's like every time I see the line come up I get a little high off of it. I'm a weirdo, I know!

#7 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 12:49 PM

I would do it if I had more, lol.

#8 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I would pee on a stick everyday if I could!  But tests are $12 a pop up here in Canada, so no go for me.  I'm no wealthy!  But I'm right there with you.  I feel like I win every time!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#9 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks, I think! LOL

I POAS 6 times. I almost did it the other day but I stopped myself. It still is exciting to see that nice dark line pop up! :)

Oh yeah and I think I started out the day saying this nausea is "low grade", well its moved to the "in your face" variety within a couple of hours of being up. I feel like crap. Nap time for the kiddos is in half an hour... can't wait!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#10 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 PM

My 25 tests for $3 are arriving in the mail tomorrow. I have already peed on about 15. The lines don't change. I JUST CAN'T STOP!!!!

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#11 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 01:08 PM

Ok another topic for chat.... I ordered a print subscription to mothering mag in january....and I still see the subscribe icon in the corner of my screen....AND I just read an article from Peggy omara saying that dec was the last print issue and January feb was the last online issue...no more magazine, community only. Well that sucks in general, but why in the world did it let me purchase a subscription? And why haven't I been notified/ refunded? Anyone else heard about this?

#12 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 01:11 PM

What?! I had no idea! That stinks.

#13 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wonder if you all are having twins? Can't wait to find out.
I'm going to my first appointment tomorrow with a new doctor. I would really like it if they did a vaginal ultrasound to see more exactly how far along I am or at least confirm what I am thinking, but I imagine they will probably just make my PIAC. I am worried about moving to a new doctor and a new hospital, even though I'm not happy with the current doctor and this practice was recommended and the new hospital is supposed to be so L and D friendly.
I'm not feeling very sicky just yet. I'm wondering if that will kick in? Last pregnancy, I was icky a lot, never threw up but constant nausea. My boobs are killing me though! Nearly knocked my DH over the other night when he made a grab for them redface.gif. Super tired and hungry a lot but not really able to eat large amounts of food.
Hope all is well with you all!

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#14 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ok another topic for chat.... I ordered a print subscription to mothering mag in january....and I still see the subscribe icon in the corner of my screen....AND I just read an article from Peggy omara saying that dec was the last print issue and January feb was the last online issue...no more magazine, community only. Well that sucks in general, but why in the world did it let me purchase a subscription? And why haven't I been notified/ refunded? Anyone else heard about this?

NOOO! I love my Mothering magazine. This makes me want to cry.

#15 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

LOL at the twins comments!   My kids want twins, but I'm ignoring it!  LOL

Earth mama Jen, that is strange!!!

Anyone here have their own business and starting to think about maternity leave etc and how to work around it?  At least baby is coming closer to winter, but I'm sad that I'm going to miss the fall photos  :( :(   BUT I'm not sorry that I won't have to work during the winter!  

#16 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

Somebody needs to come over here and take my tests away. LOL! I don't know what I was thinking but I peed on a stick again this morning. WHY?!? LOL! I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. They've been positive since 3w3d. Nothing has changed. Why in the world would I feel the need to pee on yet another stick?!? It's like every time I see the line come up I get a little high off of it. I'm a weirdo, I know!

I am 6 weeks 1 day today and I still have one pee stick left. I have peed on 5 so far. This is our last child, so no need to save it, but I am trying not to pee on it. Must resist!!

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#17 of 55 Old 02-15-2011, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

starling&diesel - I'm in Ontario & can get $1 tests at a local specialty baby store.

I am feeling pretty good overall - my workouts are still going great, I'm not really too nauseated & my boobs are nowhere near as sore as I remember with ds. But the exhaustion is awful & I'm so crazy irritable all. the. time.

Every day I am amazed I'm actually pregnant. The fact that we did 5 unsuccessful rounds of clomid & then conceived while on a break just makes it feel that much more unreal. The entire pregnancy with ds I would look at dh daily & say "we're actually pregnant!" in amazement. Even after he was born we would just look at him & each other in wonderment that it was all real. I thought this would be different this time but maybe it won't - maybe it'll seem just as amazing & unbelievable.

I have an appointment with the ob next week & am looking forward to that. I'll be 8 weeks & I'm hoping he'll order an early u/s.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#18 of 55 Old 02-16-2011, 01:19 AM

I had some sickness last week, but I don't know if that was morning sickness or just the stomach flu going around.. or maybe both..

Today the local lay midwife called me, I can't wait to meet her. We have an appointment to chat on monday. I will probably do a bit more poking around to see my options, but I have a feeling she's the one, and she rents birth tubs so I'm excited to learn more about that! Other then that, I'm really just feeling more distracted then anything.. I just started spring semester at school and this has turned my brain completely uninterested. I actually dropped one of my classes today that I was taking just for fun, I didn't really need it, it was pretty time consuming, so that way I will have more time for midwife checkups and squeezing in a few more hours of money making and or rest in the next few months.

I am so sad about no more printing of Mothering. You will be able to read the magazine online, and they will be giving issues of another mag for subscribers.. they seem to tell all about it on their facebook page. I just can't believe it.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#19 of 55 Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 AM

So I know it's called morning sickness and all, but waking up at 4:30am specifically to puke my brains out?? Not cool :(  And damn it!!! Why can't I find my seabands? I paid $12 for those mofos and I can't find them ANYWHERE!!!! *sobs*

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#20 of 55 Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

I've peed on 11 so far... 12 if you count the one BFN I got before my BFPs.  AND I actually contemplated stopping today to buy more, but thought DH would give me that "have you lost your mind" look, so I decided against it.  I'm not sure what I'm expecting to see each time, I KNOW I'm pregnant (8w1d), but still the urge to POAS is there!  I guess I just like to see that little line pop up so fast, or the digi say "pregnant" in a matter of seconds.  It's like winning the lottery, over and over!  So no, you're not a weirdo... or if you are, I am too.  :)

I'm with all of you on the nausea... mine has tended to stay at the "low grade" all day end of things.  I just finished munching on some saltine crackers, hoping it'll settle my stomach.  The exhaustion has been the worst for me, though.  How is it I can wake up from eight hours of sleep and already need to nap?? 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#21 of 55 Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Resque- View Post

My 25 tests for $3 are arriving in the mail tomorrow. I have already peed on about 15. The lines don't change. I JUST CAN'T STOP!!!!

I am anxiously waiting for mine..even though i have already taken 8 tests...lol. I also have no willpower and broke down and told everyone even though i told my self I would wait until 12 weeks. Well I guess i did wait 13 days before putting it on facebook..that's pretty good for meredface.gif

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#22 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 06:30 AM

Well, I was one of the 1 test gals, which usually seems to do the trick for me, but yesterday I got a second one- I was worried maybe the first one wasn't working right, or maybe y'all convinced me it's fun in a lotto- type way, hee hee.. and it was! Nice and bright lines are cool! LOL.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#23 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 06:31 AM

I am not amused.

This water retention is nuts.  None of my pants fit this morning.  I'm six weeks.  With my first.  This isn't baby, this isn't uterus, it seems like it might be the liter and a half of water I drank over night.

Thank goodness my bella band came last night because I had to look professional for work today and I don't think yoga pants would have fit the bill.

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#24 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdmom24 View Post
Well I guess i did wait 13 days before putting it on facebook..that's pretty good for meredface.gif

lol.gif 

When is everyone telling the facebook world? We haven't told facebook but I'm thinking maybe we will after next weeks appointment. Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

Thank goodness my bella band came last night because I had to look professional for work today and I don't think yoga pants would have fit the bill.

I am LOVING my bella band. The only problem is, I'm wearing it so often that I think I need to get another one (or two)!

And here's a question for you all..... on all the "baby progress" sites I glance at (ya know, the ones that tell you how baby is developing for that week).... EVERY single one of them compares baby size, at every stage, to a food. WTF?! Lentil beans, kidney beans, blueberries, olives, etc.

#25 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 AM

The lentil beans comparision bugs me.  I don't know about you, but the lentils I buy are pretty diverse size wise!  Like is it a tiny red lentil or a big old yellow lentil?

#26 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 AM

I don't Facebook, so we won't be announcing there at all.  We haven't announced to anyone IRL yet (except for DH's family, and that was because someone was leaving the country).  I'm announcing to my family this weekend, a few close friends after my appointment on 2/25, and the rest of the world after 12 weeks.  I kind of like keeping the secret.  :)

As for the food comparisons, I'm with you!  The blueberry one bugs me the most, because I've seen huge, juicy blueberries, and little tiny blueberries, a pretty big variation.  I get trying to put it in terms we'll understand and have something to compare it to, BUT can't they pick something more consistent?  I'm sure not all olives are the same size, either.  The sites keep comparing our uteruses (uteri?... haha) to fruit too... an orange, a grapefruit... blah blah blah.  I feel like a salad bar.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#27 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Other than my kids, husband, and mom I told EVERYONE else through facebook.  I told the people most important to me and that's all I cared about...  And then 5 mins later it was out there for the world to see, lol.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#28 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 AM

I sorta enjoy the fruit and veggie comparisons, kinda because they're so silly and also it's a fun thing to look forward to every week.  Someone should tell them shrimp is not a fruit though!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#29 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 AM

My coworker who doesn't know I'm pregnant got me an icee on her lunch run.  I cried. 

I think she might be suspicious. 

#30 of 55 Old 02-17-2011, 11:07 AM

I have a friend that took a picture of herself holding the fruit/veggie the baby was compared to each week. It was a really cute way to take belly shots and also fun to see the size comparison. She also said it introduced her into new ways of making fruits/veggies she normally wouldn't think to buy.

I am 6wks4days and I feel like I need to take another test b/c I am not having any huge symptoms yet. (Thankful...absolutely!!) But, it still doesn't seem real. Like I imagined the whole thing... I am sure in a week or so when I start really feeling it, I will miss this time where it was 'my secret'.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page