No more Mothering Magazine?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else sad about this?  I will really miss soaking my pregnant self in the tub with my favorite magazine.  Sad news :(

SAHM to Matias (3) and Violet (18 mo), and avid homemaker, seamstress, gardener, knitter and cook.
#2 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 AM

What??? Are they canceling the print version?? That will really suck if that's the case.

I really do not like the direction Mothering has gone, it's so commercialized now. Maybe I should have just stayed away. I left for several months because I hate the new format. Might need to find somewhere else to go now.

#3 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm sad and confused...cause I just suscribed and haven't even gotten a mag yet....why did the mag accept my subscription and when will they notify me and refund me???

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#4 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 AM

I'm totally sad. It's the only parenting magazine I like. This last issue and the next will be digital only and then there will be no more magazine at all.  I don't know anything about refunds or any of that. I would have paid more for my subscription... it just makes me sad that it will be gone.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#5 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 AM

This is so sad. I'm really wish they could have held on through the recession. Hopefully someone will take it up again someday. It was such a great magazine!  :(

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#6 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Wow, this is the first I've heard about this! Y'know, the rumor is that they switched over to this horrible new website format that everyone hates because it's free. I guess they're just falling apart financially.

I started reading the magazine about 13 yrs ago. I loved it & read it for many years. But then it suddenly took a wierd turn & got very political, very liberal, and lost its lovely, pretty, traditional mothering core. So, I haven't subscribed in a few years.

I wish, that since they won't have the cost of the magazine anymore, they could go back to the great website!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#7 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 PM

What?! I never heard of this. Where can I find out more? Are they going to be doing away with the forum next? NOOOOOOOO!!
#8 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Well, HERE is the thread you can read all about it. And apparently, subscribers aren't getting refunds, you're getting some other magazine called "natural life" instead. Mothering magazine won't exist anymore, only the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

What?! I never heard of this. Where can I find out more? Are they going to be doing away with the forum next? NOOOOOOOO!!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#9 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 02:05 PM

Brian,Child is a great parenting magazine if anyone is looking for a good one. I've had several other subscriptions to magazines that folded and you usually just get a substitute that the subscription management service thinks is similar. No refunds. It always states that in the fine print somewhere.

I've never been a subscriber or reader. While I'm a fan of natural living/parenting, I could never stomach what seems like an anti-science bent of the magazine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page