any twins yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well I got some really discouraging news today. Because DS was born a month early after 8 weeks of bedrest/preterm labor, now that I'm pregnant with twins I'm considered "high, high risk" and my OB won't take me :( Even worse is that instead of driving 30 minutes to the dr/hospital we'll have to drive over an hour to get to our high risk dr and hospital where we'll deliver. There's nobody closer.

I'm really discouraged by this. I know we'll be in better hands with the high risk dr. but it's just really depressing to think of myself and the babies as super high risk! As if I didn't have enough to worry about.

The great news is both babies look great! Great heartbeats, and they were both wiggling around like crazy on the ultrasound :D

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#62 of 66 Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM
~pi

bstandlee, just remember that even when you are 'super high risk' the odds are still very much on your side that everything will be fine.

I know what you mean, though. I have no experience with twins and preterm labour, but thanks to my chronic illnesses, I have been in a similar place. It can be emotionally exhausting to live 'at risk'. Sorry to hear about the long drive. That's really too bad there is no one closer. :-(

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#63 of 66 Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the encouragement ~pi. I left the dr. yesterday feeling it was a done deal that I would have long bedrest and super early labor and my babies would be in NICU for weeks and weeks. But you're right...there's still a really good chance every thing will be fine. I'm just not a risk taker at all and I think being told I and my babies are in a really risky situation freaked me out!

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#64 of 66 Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well (health-wise) and that heartbeats are strong, and U/Ss are good!

Starlit - that's such a tough decision ... do you have to decide right away, or can you sleep on it a while?

Abbey - I know exactly how you feel about not reaching out.  We actually waited until we told people outside of our immediate family, until I was 12 weeks along (and I was really obviously pregnant by then!) because it really took us (well - me, if I'm really honest!) to become really comfortable with telling people, and being able to be positive in the face of any possible negative reactions.  Just last night I met up with an acquantance who has 4 year old twins, who I knew had a similar parenting style to me ... and she was just great.  Gave me some wonderful advice, and helped make me feel as though I have someone really positive to turn to!

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my Insurance company woes ... they had declined our request to go out-of-network for the delivery (we had wanted to have a home birth with midwives).  Going out of pocket was just proving to be waaaaay too expensive for us at this stage ($6000!!!) and every midwife I talked to kept telling me that if I went back to my Insurance company's Obstetrician, I could absolutely guarantee that I would be a c-section.

So, I decided that while we're still trying to decide what to do, that I would stay under my Ins. Co's care, and I went back to the Obstetrician, and had my first prenatal visit with him this morning.  I asked him about birthing options, and when I talked to him about the possibilty of having a vaginal birth, he told me that he would LOVE to deliver my twins naturally, that it was a dying art (his words!).  Needless, to say I'm feeling pretty happy that he isn't immediately jumping to the c-section option!  Now to find an amazing doula ... :-)

Sorry for the essay ... it's good to share with such a wonderful community of mamas joy.gif

Becky

nicolian likes this.

WAHM, married to my bestest friend (09/96), Mama to my sweet adventure boy (06/08), and dynamic duo, and (10/11)

RADIANT BIRTH for Birth Stories, Circles and Newborn News!
#65 of 66 Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy-mama View Post

So, I decided that while we're still trying to decide what to do, that I would stay under my Ins. Co's care, and I went back to the Obstetrician, and had my first prenatal visit with him this morning.  I asked him about birthing options, and when I talked to him about the possibilty of having a vaginal birth, he told me that he would LOVE to deliver my twins naturally, that it was a dying art (his words!).  Needless, to say I'm feeling pretty happy that he isn't immediately jumping to the c-section option!  Now to find an amazing doula ... :-)

Wow, that's great! I'm so happy for you :)

#66 of 66 Old 04-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Becky, that's great news! :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page