Moms with other kids--Showing? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

My MIL took me out shopping tonight (for my birthday). She ended up buying me 6 shirts, 1 pair of capris and 1 pair of jeans. It is going to be soooo comfy wearing clothes that fit! LOL! Shockingly the jeans and capris fit already eyesroll.gif

That is really nice of her. I know as soon as I tell my mom, she'll help me out like that. I sew, and I ordered this book http://www.etsy.com/listing/45399353/lovely-maternity-dresses-japanese-craft which doesn't require you to know Japanese but has great dresses and tops. I use other Japanese patterns even by the same author, so I know they're great.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rosemary, those are adorable.

I'm going to a sewing class in Boston later this month to make this, Schoolhouse Tunic.

It's not maternity but I'm sure it will fit for awhile.

#33 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

That tunic is cute! There seem to be a lot of Boston area mamas in this ddc. I live in Gloucester tiphat.gif I go to Boston twice a week because I'm a personal chef. I've just begun discovering the resources available there (like Sewfisticated and Sew-Low fabric stores. They sell linen for 3.99 a yard and some printed linen I got for 2.99)

#34 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

That tunic is cute! There seem to be a lot of Boston area mamas in this ddc. I live in Gloucester tiphat.gif I go to Boston twice a week because I'm a personal chef. I've just begun discovering the resources available there (like Sewfisticated and Sew-Low fabric stores. They sell linen for 3.99 a yard and some printed linen I got for 2.99)

Oh my! Another North Shore mama! I'm in Winthrop. Grey's Fabric is awesome. Not cheap mind you. But everything there is beautiful and easy to find. Not like Joann's where you need to hunt and paw through to find what you need. I'll have to check those other stores out.

#35 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

i'll go look at Grey's next week!

#36 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM

edit: 

here is the first Baby#2 Belly shot. No one would guess I am pregnant

8w4d-BB2.jpg

Another Boston area Mom here.. How many are there of us? Lots more than my last DDC.

I am not "showing" so to say, but there is already a STEADY pile of jeans and clothes that are being put away because they do not fit. I dug out my maternity jeans and they are all too big. So I am at a loss what exactly to do. shy.gif I really don't want to spend too much on clothes I'll wear just this year(unless something crazy happens this will be our last) but I also can't spend the year looking frumpy either. I might hit up some 2nd hand stores that carry maternity gear and see what I can pull together.

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#37 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm a Boston momma(to be) too!  I just bought a whole bag of clothes from a woman on craigslist last weekend.  I paid $60 total, and she also threw in a snugli baby carrier.  I have no idea though about sizes.  Normally, I wear size 4/6 clothes, or medium tops.  I'm pretty athletic, but not a waif by any standards.  I have no idea how to go about thinking about maternity clothes though.  The woman I bought the clothes from was probably a little shorter and a little heavier than me normally, and she had twins.  I lot of the tops were larges.  How do the sizes work- are they the same as your normal size, but just maternity.  I'm fully expecting (hoping) to gain a cup size, LOL.

I'm 7.5 weeks now, and definitely looking pregnant by the end of the day- super bloated.  I feel much softer & rounder now, and my pants are getting tighter around the waist.  I'm excited to actually look pregnant- now I just feel frumpy. 

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#38 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 01:21 PM

Amy May- with my first I started out buying small maternity clothes (which was my pre-pregnancy size). By midway through I was up to mediums. By about 7 months I was outgrowing even the mediums. I borrowed a couple large tops from my mom but refused to buy any more maternity clothes. LOL!

This time I'm starting out in a medium and have gotten a few pieces but am hesitant to buy a lot this early until I know how big I get!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#39 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm 9 weeks with number 8.  I'm still wearing my normal pants but by the end of the day they feel tight around the waist.

#40 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

I'm with StephandOwen--I bought smalls too early and grew out of them. Also, you have to keep in mind that not even all maternity wear is designed to be worn through your whole pregnancy (I know, genius right?) It is amazing how the "shirts" that went down to my mid-thigh quickly became the only ones that would cover the panel on my jeans at the end. Length on tops is crucial.

#41 of 44 Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

I'm with StephandOwen--I bought smalls too early and grew out of them. Also, you have to keep in mind that not even all maternity wear is designed to be worn through your whole pregnancy (I know, genius right?) It is amazing how the "shirts" that went down to my mid-thigh quickly became the only ones that would cover the panel on my jeans at the end. Length on tops is crucial.

Definitely!  By about 35 weeks, maybe earlier, I'm often down to a very small handful of tops that will actually cover me.  It's insanely frustrating, not only because it limits your wardrobe variety, but also because by that time in the pregnancy, it's impossible to keep from spilling food all over your belly and often staining your shirt.  At least, that's always been the case for me.  ;)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#42 of 44 Old 03-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Okay, I am 6 weeks tomorrow and my baby is "the size of an apple seed," so why in the world don't my pants button?!?!

I know it's number three and my muscle tone is not what it should be, but I think it's my frame, too. Any belly stick right out. Also, according to dh, it could be caused by my huge appetite right now, lol. I had such bad morning sickness in the past I think I'm expecting it to hit next week and am storing up like a squirrel for the winter! lol.gif  How much of this can I really blame on the baby?

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#43 of 44 Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

all of it!

#44 of 44 Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Thank you, that's just what I needed to hear! ROTFLMAO.gif

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page