Moms with other kids--Showing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

This will be my second, and I am wondering if I'll start showing a lot sooner this time. My stomach got all pulled out and I still have a slight muscle separation from the first, though not a large stomach at all. I mean, am I looking at maternity pants in another month?! What has your experience been?

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my and HOLY BEJEEBIS am I showing!!  :O  Me on Monday @ 8wks.

8wks

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Uhhh..... yeah, showing doesn't begin to describe it. I am 7 weeks and have already worn maternity pants once. If I had more than that one pair I would be all over it every day. As it is, my pants haven't been buttoned in almost 2 weeks (THANK YOU BELLA BAND!). I look like I'm 4 months along eyesroll.gif  I took a 7 week picture last night... must go post it today....

Here's a picture from *5* weeks....

5fca2c44_100_6332.jpg

I go to the dr today and I'm half expecting him to tell me there's, like, 8 babies in there or something. LOL!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 8 weeks a 4 days about-ish. This is my third, and so far, no real change for me. I think I've maybe lost my waist a little, but definitely not showing yet.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 AM

7 weeks, 5 days today and I'm looking tad less defined than Amy Lynn. I could still be mistaken as overweight. Today is the last day I can wear my size M blouse. I'm an A-cup and today it looks like I'm beginning to bust out of the buttons!

I have got to get dh on board to telling the kids. If my 7 yo mentions Weight Watchers or an exercise class to me one more time I'm just going to tell her and be done with it!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM

I'm 8 weeks, and this is my 4th pregnancy. I honestly see no difference in my belly yet, but I've added a lot of extra padding in my belly area since my last pregnancy.  (sigh).  If anything, it seems like the *upper* portion of my belly (NOT where my uterus is!) is getting a little bigger.  Maybe my uterus is just pushing everything upwards?

But yes, with past repeat pregnancies, I was *definitely* showing by 12 weeks, and not fitting into regular jeans.  I fully expect to start showing pretty soon, despite any belly fat that may be getting in the way!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM

I feel like everything is being pushed up and out, too. Everyone else probably just thinks I'm gaining weight, but I admit I gave up this week and started wearing a pair of maternity jeans. I have a couple of belly bands, too, but they always roll up funny in the back for me, so I'm less comfortable unbuttoning my jeans and wearing one, for fear that I'll suddenly be exposed.

I warned my husband that he needed to get over the hesitance to tell people because this will not be hide-able for long.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post

I'm 8 weeks a 4 days about-ish. This is my third, and so far, no real change for me. I think I've maybe lost my waist a little, but definitely not showing yet.

Same here. My youngest is 8, so it's been a long while since I've been pg and had a stretched out tummy. That being said, I'm really not comfortable in my jeans. Skirts and yoga pants for me.

Jennifer, mama to two beautiful blessings (ds 3/2000 and dd 9/2002) who are growing and amazing me every day and hoping for another!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:42 PM

This is no. 3 for me and I'm 7 wks-and definitely showing a lot sooner. I'm wearing maternity pants, or my regular jeans unbuttoned with a bella band. I'm able to conceal it with baggy sweatshirts-but I had to tell the kids. One of my boys noticed my boobs were bigger! lol And, they were were wondering why I was so sick. I finally told them. They're thrilled to pieces. My youngest son said "well i shoulda known. I've been prayin' for you to have a baby!!" so cute.

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

Old 02-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrabelle View Post

This is no. 3 for me and I'm 7 wks-and definitely showing a lot sooner. I'm wearing maternity pants, or my regular jeans unbuttoned with a bella band. I'm able to conceal it with baggy sweatshirts-but I had to tell the kids. One of my boys noticed my boobs were bigger! lol And, they were were wondering why I was so sick. I finally told them. They're thrilled to pieces. My youngest son said "well i shoulda known. I've been prayin' for you to have a baby!!" so cute.

What a sweetie!

Some days I'm comfortable in my regular clothing and other days I'm not. I bought a new belly band for those days and it has helped.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

My jaw dropped when I saw your pictures. WOW! Nice work.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM

You guys have adorable tummies!!! CUTE!!!! This is my 4th and I'm still early but my waist is disappearing quickly. I always show really early but then it gets a little better for a while around 15 weeks or so and it looks shrunken for a little while. I don't know if it is gas or what but I always get uncomfy in my regular clothes pretty early on! I'm still in my regular jeans but they aren't my skinny jeans. LOL!

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM

This is my second, and I'm not really "showing" yet, but I can definitely tell a difference in my belly, and my jeans seem to get a little tighter every day.  With my first pregnancy, I was probably 4 months before I could only wear my looser fitting or stretchy pants, and I was probably 5 months before I really started maternity clothes.  I think I'm definitely getting bigger faster this time.  Yea!  I hated waiting forever to look pregnant last time. 

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayerich View Post

This is my second, and I'm not really "showing" yet, but I can definitely tell a difference in my belly, and my jeans seem to get a little tighter every day.  With my first pregnancy, I was probably 4 months before I could only wear my looser fitting or stretchy pants, and I was probably 5 months before I really started maternity clothes.  I think I'm definitely getting bigger faster this time.  Yea!  I hated waiting forever to look pregnant last time. 

I hated that, too! But the cute part lasted such a short while for me!

My boobs have already grown, and I'm not quite 5 weeks yet. Eeeks.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 PM

This is #3 for me and I'm 7 weeks today.. no showing yet, really. If anything, just bloat.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM
~pi

#2 here. I doubt anyone would guess I am pregnant yet, but half my pants don't fit, and the ones that do are uncomfortably tight.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 02-25-2011, 07:32 AM

LOL since I found out I have only been wearing yoga pants and sweat pants mostly because I feel like crap and have just been laying around! I am already over weight but I could call the gut a preggo belly and people would like I was a lot further then 7 weeks! 

Mom to energy.gif Lucy Jo 1-06, hbac.gif Samuel Jude 9-09 with belly.gif baby #3 on the way sometime in October! We homeschool.gifnocirc.gifsaynovax.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifwinner.jpg
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 AM

Rosemary, I'm almost 5 wks, same as you, & I was thinking I had a while before I'd "look" different to anybody else, but this is #3 for me. And I'll be honest, Amy Lynn & Steph, your pics are gorgeous but scared the crap out if me, lol! I need to keep this news secret for a little bit at work, just not ready to break it to people because I kind of run my small non profit and will probably leave in the fall and I need to think about it a while. But the idea of showing in a few weeks is daunting.

It's true though that my stomach, which bounced back admirably after #1 just... well, didn't after the second. The skin is rippled and my previous 'innie' belly button has - drooped. (Sigh) And I also had muscle separation last time and haven't stayed as toned as I meant to. I guess time to order some belly bands myself, lol! :)

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 AM

wowzas ladies, you are showing and you look super cute! I carried very differently w/ #2. I started out much heavier so it seemed like I didn't show at all for a long time and then literally woke up one day with a HUGE belly. Also it was much lower down, I actually couldn't wear any of the low-waisted pants I'd saved from #1 and had to go buy the over-the-belly style pants. 

So far I'm 5 or 6 weeks w/#3 and not showing... but ditto on bloated. I lost 35 lbs in the past year so I'm wondering if it will just mean belly pops out sooner? I'm planning to get a scale and start logging food though-- I diet-controlled for GD with #2 very successfully and feel like I should just go back on that diet now. (I've been following a low-grain, low-sugar, lowish-carb diet.

I never had a belly band. How does it work? Recommend?

I can't believe I am going to need all maternity clothes again- I just got rid of all the "fat" clothes this fall. ARGH.

dissertating mom to three

Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 AM

I had been working very hard on my diet(cutting out bad stuff and not eating out of boredom). I had gotten down to a great bmi(according to the WiiFit). Well, with all the starving during this pregnancy so far, and not throwing up, all the food I'm wanting is staying in and is making my belly roll big. I wouldn't even say it's the baby/uterus...it's just a flabby roll. Both my belly rolls are bigger now. If I suck the top one in, I look pregnant. The WiiFit now says I'm overweight LOL. In my first pregnancy, I had a pretty thick waist by about 2 months. Pregnancy #2 I was flat until about 4 months!! With #3 it wasn't this early but I don't remember exactly when I was showing, it seems like around 3 months. With all those pregnancies I threw up quite a bit but not at all so far this time. I have had some pretty bad nausea though, but there's only been one day where I did not eat normally(and I think it added to how icky I felt).

There are some days I have to leave my jeans unbuttoned but usually I can wear them normally. I'm not liking the feeling of the waist on my belly, though, so I have been slumming it most days when there's nothing we have to go do. I will need to buy some maternity pants at some point, as mine from previous pregnancies are ugly now, but I do still have my shirts. I'm interested to see what kinds of maternity pants there are now because I have not bought any since '96(which is why I said they are ugly)!!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

I never had a belly band. How does it work? Recommend?

It looks like a tube of stretch fabric. You put it on over your (unbuttoned) regular pants and it holds them up. I was hesitant at first, because most of my pants are low-rise so I didn't want the bella band to suddenly fail and have my pants fall down. LOL! So far, so good. I do have to readjust it sometimes, but it's not bad at all. There are many ways you can wear it. I think in the instructions I got with it, it said that for early pregnancy you wear it folded in half over the top of your unbuttoned pants. However, I didn't like it like that. I felt like it squeezed my belly too much. I now wear it unfolded (so the bottom is covering the top of my pants and the top of the bella band is over my belly). Much more comfortable this way! I highly recommend. Oh, and it doesn't really look like you're wearing anything weird because the bottom of the bella band has some cute lacy design so it just looks like you're wearing a tank top or whatever under your regular shirt. Since layers are in right now then nobody can really tell that it's anything more than just a layer, ya know?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM

I only show after a big meal! lurk.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM

At 6.5wks I'm not showing during the day.  But at night my stomach sure bloats out. 

My stomach muscles are fried and I my stomach never became "flat" postpartum.  eeh.  I'm down to my normal weight but my stomach/waist is so different than pre-kids.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 PM

I don't trust the bella band to actually hold my pants up. I loop a hair elastic through the button hole, and then flip the elastic over the button. It buys me about 2-3 extra inches. But, I put the bella band OVER it so no one can see my "gap". (how embarrasing!!)

Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

I've always wondered how on earth a simple band of fabric could hold up my pants. That's a nice combo of tricks, corrabelle.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM

It seems (like with my last pregnancy) that my uterus is pushing everything up so my tummy has changed shape but I would not actually call it showing just yet ;)

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 PM

I dug out my maternity jeans around week 7! Only the smallest pair fits, but they're so much comfier than jeans with a button. And I found some post-preggers pants that still fit nicely. This weekend I had to dress up, so the maternity blouses came out, just so that I'd have some length over the obvious maternity waistband. (My pre-pregnancy dressy clothes never really fit again... should do something about that.)

Really, though, I just look pouchy. But I think I can feel my fundus now... couldn't a couple of weeks ago.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Regular jeans are out of the question for me now. I broke into the maternity pants. Still using the bella band to cover the panel though, so that I can get by with normal shirts!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Wowzas. I wonder how long it will be for me...I have a trip to CA for 10 days coming up in 12 days. I wonder if I should just get a bella band for the trip in case. I didn't get into maternity until the second trimester last time, and as of my last weigh, which was Saturday, I'd actually lost .5 lb. But for me when the gain began, it began in earnest.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM

My MIL took me out shopping tonight (for my birthday). She ended up buying me 6 shirts, 1 pair of capris and 1 pair of jeans. It is going to be soooo comfy wearing clothes that fit! LOL! Shockingly the jeans and capris fit already eyesroll.gif

User Tag List